Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? (41909 Views)

This Lady’s Photos Are Used For Scam, Do You Know Her? (pics) / My Sister's Account Was Wiped Out While Her Atm Card Was With Her / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by chukwuibuipob: 9:45pm On May 23, 2021
sad
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by rightlife: 9:45pm On May 23, 2021
B
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by EmekaBlue(m): 9:47pm On May 23, 2021
14k person dey fear to chop

Nigeria don hard too much

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Onyi22(f): 9:48pm On May 23, 2021
OSDD:
The numbers of stupid people on Nairaland is increasing at an alarming rate
And u r one of them

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by illicit(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2021
Spend everything
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by SweetCuntess: 9:49pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:
So I met this guy on telegram and we got going, he introduced me to one group like that where he sells Fake logs and said I should work with him.
I do chat him up frequently and just yesterday he came requesting for my account details that he wants to bless me. I'm a student, really broke in fact I haven't eaten properly for like 2 days straight honestly (Crypto did me sh*t) so I didn't hesitate in sending my details, shortly I got credit alert of #14k.
I informed him of the alert and he told me to give him any amount I wish to give him out of the money, at this point I became confused and was like how
I just blocked him immediately and deleted our chat, right now I feel bad cos obviously he's a scammer and truly I pity the person that may have been scammed as I've been overthinking considering the trauma this person may be going through.
Is there anything I can do?
I haven't taken anything out of the money yet.

Modified....
I went to the bank and they keep telling me to come back, I will be going with my uncle hopefully on Monday.
Thanks smiley everyone for your contributions, I'll update once everything is sorted out.
u be thief. Ole, u don see free money naw

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by johnglefury(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2021
mmadu4:
the scammer self na mumu. if na me i will tell u that i wanted to send 4k but accidently sent 14k so kindly send 10k back to me. some people sha no get sense

Be like you get experience for this thing. Hmm

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by 99thEnemy(m): 9:49pm On May 23, 2021
Daaaaamn Niggaaaar grin grin grin

What will Slawormiir now say! grin grin grin

Let me light my kpoli too grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by EkelediliBuhari: 9:50pm On May 23, 2021
Write a letter to the bank asking the bank to revert the payment back to the sender

If you truly are innocent

Else ...
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by echesilver: 9:51pm On May 23, 2021
Report ursef to the nearest police station b4 its too late

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:
So I met this guy on telegram and we got going, he introduced me to one group like that where he sells Fake logs and said I should work with him.
I do chat him up frequently and just yesterday he came requesting for my account details that he wants to bless me. I'm a student, really broke in fact I haven't eaten properly for like 2 days straight honestly (Crypto did me sh*t) so I didn't hesitate in sending my details, shortly I got credit alert of #14k.
I informed him of the alert and he told me to give him any amount I wish to give him out of the money, at this point I became confused and was like how
I just blocked him immediately and deleted our chat, right now I feel bad cos obviously he's a scammer and truly I pity the person that may have been scammed as I've been overthinking considering the trauma this person may be going through.

Modified....
I went to the bank and they keep telling me to come back, I will be going with my uncle hopefully on Monday.
Thanks smiley everyone for your contributions, I'll update once everything is sorted out.
abeg gimme the guy number

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Qoko: 9:54pm On May 23, 2021
Baba head don hot, I know you for don dey shit���

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by replete(m): 9:55pm On May 23, 2021
BigYash:
Op if the victim now go and get a police report, freeze your account and you are finally arrested for fraud. You will tell the police that you deleted your friend's number and chat. And he is the one who used your details in collecting fraudulent money. The kind slap when ur face go collect en. E go shock you..
OP self na scammer... scammer collabo with scammer.

4 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by ozo13(m): 9:55pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....
better pikin.Na ur kind we want for this we country.not those thieves giving our country bad name.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2021
BigYash:
Op if the victim now go and get a police report, freeze your account and you are finally arrested for fraud. You will tell the police that you deleted your friend's number and chat. And he is the one who used your details in collecting fraudulent money. The kind slap when ur face go collect en. E go shock you..

Leave am na.

What would stand as evidence to exonerate him, e go delete am.

Smh he better pray say no be scam and even if na scam, e no pass that 14k, else he's cooked when better investigation starts.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by chatinent: 9:59pm On May 23, 2021
The truth is that you blocked him to scam him first.

Don't confuse the gods.

7 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by chukwuibuipob: 10:00pm On May 23, 2021
sad For Ur own good,run to d bank as early as 6AM.When bank open, enter and tell CC the truth otherwise,u'll pay more than dat by the time police hang U upside down and use candle light scrub Ur ballz sad.U go Confess how u follow person go Rob here/there

3 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by observanc1: 10:00pm On May 23, 2021
Op, why did u block him?
You should not have blocked him and not have deleted the messages, because that's what will exonerate you.
Report the issue to your bank and ask them to reverse the transaction. It's a fraudulent transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by kestolove95(m): 10:02pm On May 23, 2021
Send d money to my account
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....
what do you mean by fake logs? Bank logs that people that load accounts use? If so, you're all scammers. He is a ripper and you're an accomplice. And the person that sent the money is a cyber criminal. Y'all fit yourselves. Although I'm not judging you. But just being honest

5 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by ElValiente(m): 10:06pm On May 23, 2021
He sells fake logs and you didn't block him then.. Slawomir pls tell him what log is. Yeye dey smell.. EFCC is coming for y'all.
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by tunwumi: 10:08pm On May 23, 2021
You are testing the viability of of your story abi? You better start preparing for consequences as this your story says clearly you are an accomplice in this crime.

lecoeur:

Modified....

3 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by observanc1: 10:09pm On May 23, 2021
mmadu4:
the scammer self na mumu. if na me i will tell u that i wanted to send 4k but accidently sent 14k so kindly send 10k back to me. some people sha no get sense
are u encouraging fraud?
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by Atlanticfire: 10:09pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....

Do not go to the bank, send email to their customer care stating the issues and your concerns and tell them your request.

That way your interaction with the bank on the issue will be well documented.

Tomorrow if EFCC or the police start giving you trouble about the transaction you will have something to show that you did what is expected of you and returned the money, even if the bank refuse to return the money, it will at least be on record that you requested for the money to be returned.

If the money is proceed of fraud, returning the money does not exonerate you from being prosecuted as the person that committed the fraud. Once the owner of the money report that his money was stolen and transferred to your account, EFCC or Nigeria Police can arrest you and parade you that they have caught another cyber criminal. They will convict you on social media and take you to court just to increase the number of cases they have in court and get more government subvention.

7 Likes

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by studentofTruth: 10:11pm On May 23, 2021
lecoeur:

Modified....

First, does the guy's name match the account name from where the money was sent? If it doesn't, you may have been roped into a scam. Go to your bank and request that the fund be sent back to wherever it came from. Make sure you have your own copy of letter or form filled.

1 Like

Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by observanc1: 10:12pm On May 23, 2021
99thEnemy:
Daaaaamn Niggaaaar grin grin grin

What will Slawormiir now say! grin grin grin

Let me light my kpoli too grin grin grin grin

check his response on page 1
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by mmadu4: 10:15pm On May 23, 2021
observanc1:
are u encouraging fraud?

im not in anyway encouraging fraud . how can you send money to someone and then ask them to give you something out of it does that make sense? the best approach was to tell them that you wanted to send 4k but accidentally sent 14k . wouldn't you agree?
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by ayusco85(m): 10:15pm On May 23, 2021
DICKstractor:
undecided

You just deleted something that you would have used to save your head. Now your head is left without a hedge.

Just pray it wasn't a fraudulent money because all indication is pointing that it is. Your account was used as picker

Best bet, go to the bank, tell them to give you the details of the person that transferred the money to you. If it doesn't match with guy's, send it back to the person asap

He can get the chat back
Re: Could It Be My Account Was Used For Scam??? by overboard(m): 10:19pm On May 23, 2021
Legalcriminal:
OP it’s better you block that MF ass spend the money and enjoy yourself na just blessing in disguise. Even God know you never chop na why the deal come that way. And for the dude up there no Nigerian police can have the time to work on 14k.

Wrong mentality.

Op, do the needful. Trust me, dis ting called fraud is a destiny killer. All the justification Yahoo Boys give is pure twaddle.

I know the average Nigerian totally lacks ethics and it is hard to live right in Nigeria no matter how hard you try - I mean, if you could get away with offering N2k to a traffic officer to let you go for not wearing seatbelt, you’ll actually thank God for that ‘opportunity’ rather than being a straight arrow and face the music... it’s woven like fabric into our day to day... nonetheless, where we can absolutely do better, let’s do so.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Saudi Husband Killed Our 3 Daughters" - Nigerian Woman (Photo) / Police Intercept Heavily Armed Kidnappers On Their Way For Operation. PICS / Army Arrests Yahoo Boys For Snatching Man’s Manhood In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.