Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67587 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by cowboyT: 5:38pm On May 21, 2021
EYAA, PELEE.
BruncleZuma:
You don't have a husband, no real man assaults a woman over such issues.

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MummyD2020(f): 5:39pm On May 21, 2021
pyyxxaro:

grin

Naa Uppercut with DDT e suppose give her grin

u go still carry her go hospital. Who lose? Better still, kill her and see what widowhood plus two kids tastes like

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by rickyboss333: 5:40pm On May 21, 2021
I like the fact that u told the truth, atleast about the slap incident. Let's remove whatever the husband was passing through...you told him to wash your plates in public the first time and he gave you a look that already defined how embarrassing such statement was, instead of you to code and simply left him, you boldly repeated yourself again...as in what naaaaa....abeg you are lucky to have gotten just a slap. You had better open a new thread and write in a remorseful manner, asking for advice on how to beg your husband, rather than looking for who will support your stupid act.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Adebowalay(m): 5:42pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
myopic mindset...that's what u've got

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by godlessmind: 5:43pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”
you didn't do anything wrong he should be understanding he knows you don't have workers atleast he should've helped. Your husband has pride
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Commotfornigeri: 5:43pm On May 21, 2021
Personally, If my wife had a restaurant, I would wash plates for her to cut down operational costs.

When my wife was baking back in nigeria, I used to help fry pof pof and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn't everyday though.

In my wife's case, there's a way she usually asked that made me want to do more. Starts with a very calm voice, draws close and asks. She often winks and promises me a treat at night or later on... This gets me every time.

In this case, a lot of things may have gone wrong.

How did she ask, the tone of her voice, how many people were there, how loud was she.

The fact he slapped her in public means that she asked him publicly.

That would be very wrong.

Manner of approach is very important.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by sylve11: 5:46pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

You don read am na. sad cool
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 21, 2021
Coldie:

She's not even supposed to tell him that, if the man is a reasonable and considerate man he would go and do it himself.

How would u as a man feel if your wife is going tru such stress, despite fending for the family u see her attending to loads of customers then she's attending to them, plates are piling up nobody to wash them, u can't help to attend to the customers and u still can't help to at least wash the plates.

Which kind yeye pride be that

Is it the role of a man to wash plate even @ home not to talk of outside, that is a request you can never make to someone you honor or respect as a head.
If she claims to have so much workload, more customer depict increase in sales therefore she should get @least one staff to help that is the most appropriate thing.
There is no such thing as yeye pride cos when a woman is trying to subjugate the head. she deserves slap on both cheeks sef.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idabakanta: 5:51pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

Hmmm.. woman u fumbled o
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by sylve11: 5:51pm On May 21, 2021
CalmElder:

Being broke around women, even your sisters, can be depressing.

Very very depressing. cool
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by sharminator5: 5:51pm On May 21, 2021
It all falls back to manner of communication
I believe if she has present it in a manner of respect the man should have wash d plate without seeing it as disrespectful....
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Sterope(f): 5:51pm On May 21, 2021
Why are all the dunderheads relating it to his lack of employment?

Your wife is struggling and you are right there, do you need an appeasement to ask her what you can fucking help with?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Zeeknow3245(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2021
She said asked him to HELP. Her Communications might be fringy though but you see that your wife has little workers and can't afford more and sense did not tell you to do the needful. What is this love people are talking about? Sex? Buying gifts and Trips?The man has a stupid pride and we should be objective in our argument. Some people didn't even read and are commenting like fools. The Restaurant is a business and the man is unemployed. It's not that he's even doing something that one can say he's trying. What is bad if you help in the business and try to improve customer's service. If the business is booming, everybody wins. If you wash plate will you die? If you wash plate will your life be ruined for ever? It's just a phase of life, everybody has issues.
The business is dropping and you comot hand? You left the kids and went to stay with your friend because you don't want your foolish ego to drop. I hate bias comment many people are blind truly. The man messed up by slapping.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Karozy: 5:53pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

Hmm this is serious, it’s a lack of understanding among them I will say, if the husband has never wash plate for her before, then telling him at that point was a blow to his ego and headship, i support men assisting their wives with home chores without shame but it should be from a point of love and not compulsion.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 21, 2021
Jobia:
Lol when did washing plates become a big deal in this life biko? How is it degrading?
Its just an easy fvcking chore. Mtchew

you might not be so lucky, maybe ur time naa uppercut you go get for that ur spoilt mouth.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by freshvine(f): 5:55pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

What if the wife had said this to the husband, " don't sit down there doing nothing, lazy man go and do the dishes ".

Just saying.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by articlewriter: 5:56pm On May 21, 2021
Which title fits this man.
A proud jobless man or a jobless man with pride
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MrSly(m): 5:56pm On May 21, 2021
Gbest90:

Na Wa o. This kind comment dey cos headache. undecided

Make una dey try use pidgin na. No be by force to speak English. tongue
English na your papa language? Abeg forget grammar, we understood him. Who English eep?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idaytesj29(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

As a man, if I am among the customers waiting to be served, I will leave you restaurant and never patronise you again. Why would you treat your man like that? I just hope you still hold a special space in his heart.

All you people will no be patient enough to understand what it means to be a man and what is very important to us. Our Ego and pride of being a MAN, you hurt us most when you attack it. Men hardly forget it, even if they manage to forgive.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Adebowalay(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2021
W.O.M.A.N
Weak and wicked
Original trouble
Money demanding
Always depending
Never Grateful.....I'll begin from the last
part that talked about gratitude...he set u up..there must have bn a way u spoke to him that put him off..I'm a man...and i put myself in his shoes..
if u want the best out of a beast..Tame IT...talk more of a Man...an amazing creature with a loving heart...thoughtful enough to set u up in d very first place ...u should have bn a bit more wiser in dealings or speech with a former breadwinner...e get as e be...u probably wanted the male folks in the shop to know u are the breadwinner....have u seen that movie ? "U GOT SERVED" .....Zerojoy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BRATISLAVA: 6:00pm On May 21, 2021
MummyD2020:

I was expecting this. Chai . But the man can watch her work to death yet its nothing. What if she breaks down? Its not as if she ordered him. This is a woman thats trying to make ends meet. Was she balancing and watching tv? Guy be considerate. Since i gave birth, i have not been frequenting my shop but hubby comes back and carries baby so that i can have a break. This is someone that left by 8 in the morning. Haba, is she a slave? She is trying for God's sake. Shes not an octopus na. Its condescending but she was choked up too. Its a matter of understanding oh. If you never marry, you need to calmdown. You go change baby dirty diapers, they will throw up on you. You will watch their poop to know their health status. Its what makes you a man.

You're talking to people who believe the success of marriage lies solely on the head of the wife.

Imagine how they need to be begged or promised something in return before they will do what needs to be done. Must a man be asked to do things around him? Can't he see they need to be done and just do them, rather than sitting like a prideful statue on a pole waiting till the red carpet is rolled out before he can come down from on high to do it.

They need soft words, but expect their women to jump to their rescue without batting an eyelash. Most Nigerian men are the ones who destroy marriage and make it more difficult than it needs to be with their tin god behaviors.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bitingcool: 6:00pm On May 21, 2021
Coldie:

They are just talking. I have run a business before a bar to be precise, during peak periods sth as little as u waste time to serve customer can make them leave then imagine where u want to leave all of them to go and start washing plates, when other places are available where they have same food and sales girls washing plates.

The man owes her an apology, some women if u leave them, they will close down that business come home stay with u and make it a living hell to the extent that u will be contemplating suicide or to go and steal, yet she still tried her best for the family. You only had one job it's not like u do it all the time it's just for the period, help her wash d plates at the backyard while she cooks, cleans attends to customers etc. You vex.

Or is it the woman that scammed him of his money?

Don't mind the people here claiming 'manliness'. Team work is only what the lady asked. The mentality of the average Nigerian man is 100% pride. 0% logic

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by hezik19: 6:01pm On May 21, 2021
Well, I don't think it's wrong to ask him to help you out, but....... It depends on the manner you use in asking him. From the look of things, you might have been maltreated him before it gets to the point of you thinking of him washing dishes for you. Before you could mentioned it here that you have been the one running the house, then there's something you are not telling us here.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Adebowalay(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2021
freshvine:

What if the wife had said this to the husband, " don't sit down there doing nothing, lazy man go and do the dishes ".

Just saying.
what if that's exactly what she said before she got served??
just asking
u sabi say women nor first get truth
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by walexsho(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

The woman in question never told the husband the business should become joint ownership. Moreso, there is nothing wrong when the husband assist willingly but in a situation where she asked a frustrated husband to do it in a disrespectful manner she is on her own.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MummyD2020(f): 6:02pm On May 21, 2021
I am actually enjoying this thread. I wonder how some low people are crying more than the bereaved. You can defer without insult. Lets enjoy the reactions biko
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 21, 2021
Coldie:

Am telling u, all dz people here saying she's wicked don't know what life is all about.

They think customers have time for such hassles, ontop say other places dae they left it to patronize u, u still fit no attend to them cause u waste time in serving, preparing the food, Washing plates only u cause u have no staffs, which is not your fault cause it's only her taking care of the family. Sth that was caused be her husband being scammed and not her.

Only one woman goes to market, comes back, prepares food, clean the restaurant, serve customers, still wash plates, you can't even pity her and u are claiming pride.

Poor people act very f00lish at times, if only they know that when u are poor nobody rates u, them no go dae send people

Will just shush and stop trying to make sense out of nonsense ... the only way ur husband can proof he is supportive to ur resturant business is to come n wash plate n fetch water.
Most of these nonsense women try they only try it with men of no income, dem born chioma well to tell david to come n wash plate abi naa reginal go tell ned make e buy ugu & ogbona from market on his way home.
Maid or sales gurlz don finish for world abi .. how do you women even think sef.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MummyD2020(f): 6:11pm On May 21, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

You're talking to people who believe the success of marriage lies solely on the head of the wife.

Imagine how they need to be begged or promised something in return before they will do what needs to be done. Must a man be asked to do things around him? Can't he see they need to be done and just do them, rather than sitting like a prideful statue on a pole waiting till the red carpet is rolled out before he can come down from on high to do it.

They need soft words, but expect their women to jump to their rescue without batting an eyelash. Most Nigerian men are the ones who destroy marriage and make it more difficult than it needs to be with their tin god behaviors.

Many men believe in just providing for the family. Women try alot. Honestly. Its not only soft words, u need to practically beg and pet them and bend your neck where you are begging them oh.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by descarado: 6:11pm On May 21, 2021
Yawns
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jamesz12: 6:11pm On May 21, 2021
This woman you get mind o

If na my brother or any of my relatives na Family meeting go end this one o. Village elders must hear this one
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by WATCHMANX: 6:12pm On May 21, 2021
DaCharis2016:
It's simply an understanding the husband lacks. Would she ever ask him to wash dishes at home? That was purely on a business/hustling ground. What if the wife can't manage the restaurant, then the husband would had lost so much and they would be starve.

The husband doesn't know the value of what he has.

Pls move this post to FP @admin
She should have taken caution, after he looked at her first asking him in public, in a strange way!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by integrity16(m): 6:16pm On May 21, 2021
It is wrong for your husband to have done that to you if it is true. On the hand, how did you make the request? Perhaps it sounded very disrespectful to him hence the violent reaction.

Washing the dishes isn't the traditional role of a husband in Africa societies except in a situation where both couple are working class hence the need to assist each other as regards house chores.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

I Got Pregnant Without Sexual Intercourse, Woman Tells Court In Kwara / Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics) / What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.