Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67436 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by imagrg(m): 6:18pm On May 21, 2021
You approached the matter too rashly. In the first place, you should have called him aside and with sweet words let him understand your challenge before politely suggesting it to him.
Remember, the man is the Boss in the house even though he is presently jobless.
Solution:
Go to him with two or three of his friends and put your knees on the floor and apologise to him showing a sense of remorse.
AND NEXT TIME, DON'T ORDER YOUR BOSS AROUND AGAIN BECAUSE THE BOSS DOES NOT TAKE ORDERS. RIGHT?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 6:19pm On May 21, 2021
omonnakoda:
He communicated.
She won't do it again

That's toxic mentality. Slapping someone, humiliating them, shaming them, that's communication to you?

Would he slap a man his size or a man bigger than him? Coward is what he is. People who abuse their power are cowards. He should be protecting his wife not physically abusing her.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 6:22pm On May 21, 2021
Elporo:

And so you turn into a humble servant because your scared, you might break an arm or leg, when you fall.

Look prosperity and success have nothing to do humility, empathy, sobriety, meekness. These are all virtues the rich and powerful display after the fact like burning down a village and confiscating their gold mines and beautiful women.

Earth itself was created through a destructive process. Even the Bible or Quran , do you know how many nations where plundered and looted on thier behalf.

That man will start from washing dishes, then attending to the woman's boyfriend's.. which she will have once she finds he is beneath her. At the moment the only thing keeping him atop is his pride.

You can't afford to be nice when your struggling to expand or rise from the ashes. You must be ruthless, cunning and opportunistic.. once you get to the top, then you can mimic those silly virtues. angry

If you truly think that prosperity and success have nothing to do with humility, I have nothing more to say to you.

Pride is one of man's greatest weakness. Too much pride to be precise. Pride is not necessarily a bad thing as long as it's at a healthy level. Her husband has too much pride.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 6:22pm On May 21, 2021
You are lost with this thought, better look for random girls, get them pregnant and pay her off instead marrying to suffocate someone’s daughter with your sorry ergo..
Africa is still backward
CashVessel:
Because na you dey allocate husband to people. Na dis talk you dey use dey deceive all those single ladies wey market don close for their head..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 6:27pm On May 21, 2021
As the guy no even feel so bad how the woman is trying rather he dimmed it fit to disgrace your lawful wedded wife jus because she asked for help, chai aru mere ndi africa, without asking, I will ask her to take it easy and so the dishes, if e bad too much, I bring my person from village to help and not slapping
BruncleZuma:
Omo, I weak despite the clowning I don't tolerate nor do I condone such behaviour; whoever claim to be my friend/relative wen spew such shít nah permanent disowning. I just dread the future with these kind fellows.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 6:28pm On May 21, 2021
MOVIC6:
As the guy no even feel so bad how the woman is trying rather he dimmed it fit to disgrace your lawful wedded wife jus because she asked for help, chai aru mere ndi africa, without asking, I will ask her to take it easy and so the dishes, if e bad too much, I bring my person from village to help and not slapping
My guy, e get so many ways to defuse the situation with talk wen no go even raise eyebrows. The answers here fit make person shudder.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AFONAMARO: 6:30pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

You guys should stop carrying ego and pride on your head like gala for sanity sake. Didn't you read where she stated that her husband is jobless, does nothing, and that she is the only one at the shop that feeds the family including the husband? I bet the man actually came to eat before the wife asked for his assistance which isn't a daily occurrence.

The man is wicked for allowing his wife do the dishes, serve, go to market as well as cook for public to raise money to feed same man, pay rent, pay the kids fees and run the home.
What exactly is marriage all about if not togetherness, understanding, sacrifice and genuine love?

I bath my kids, take them to school, do homework with them and run my home (finance) 100%. And my manhood did not disappear.

Marriage is not a slave camp for women. Rather, it's a union championed by 2 consenting adults to assist and be there for each other.

I pity women that marry egocentric men like you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 6:31pm On May 21, 2021
MOVIC6:

Very well said. Really sad that many are justifying his behaviour. I won't tolerate anyone like him in my life.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 6:31pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

I can't not in good conscience allow the justification for violence or assault on a woman because an individual's ego was bruised. That's part of being a man, the ability to not let petty words get to you.

But your conscience agrees with verbal abuse and assulr against a man by a woman?

One thing about your absurd conscience is that it is biased, unfair, unjust and wicked.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by bepositive11: 6:32pm On May 21, 2021
AFONAMARO:

You guys should stop carrying ego and pride on your head like gala for sanity sake. Didn't you read where she stated that her husband is jobless, does nothing, and that she is the only one at the shop that feeds the family including the husband? I bet the man actually came to eat before the wife asked for his assistance which isn't a daily occurrence.

The man is wicked for allowing his wife do the dishes, serve, go to market as well as cook for public to raise money to feed same man, pay rent, pay the kids fees and run the home.
What exactly is marriage all about if not togetherness, understanding, sacrifice and genuine love?

I bath my kids, take them to school, do homework with them and run my home (finance) 100%. And my manhood did not disappear.

Marriage is not a slave camp for women. Rather, it's a union championed by 2 consenting adults to assist and be there for each other.

I pity women that marry egocentric men like you

The world needs more men like you.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AvalonSpace(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2021
grin hahahahahahahahaha
Gbest90:

Na Wa o. This kind comment dey cos headache. undecided

Make una dey try use pidgin na. No be by force to speak English. tongue
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 6:37pm On May 21, 2021
Commotfornigeri:
Personally, If my wife had a restaurant, I would wash plates for her to cut down operational costs.

When my wife was baking back in nigeria, I used to help fry pof pof and a bunch of other stuff. It wasn't everyday though.

In my wife's case, there's a way she usually asked that made me want to do more. Starts with a very calm voice, draws close and asks. She often winks and promises me a treat at night or later on... This gets me every time.

In this case, a lot of things may have gone wrong.

How did she ask, the tone of her voice, how many people were there, how loud was she.

The fact he slapped her in public means that she asked him publicly.

That would be very wrong.

Manner of approach is very important.
Imagine! What you people are doing is transaction. I no know why women always use that thing between their legs for manipulation and to get favours even from husbands

I'm waiting for the day you will deny her request and watch how your most prized reward gets seized...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idaytesj29(m): 6:40pm On May 21, 2021
DaCharis2016:
What's totally bad? Considering the pressure on her she mentioned. I think her asking for her husband's help was justified.

By HIS special grace, same will happen to you
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 6:41pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

But your conscience agrees with verbal abuse and assulr against a man by a woman?

One thing about your absurd conscience is that it is biased, unfair, unjust and wicked.
There's no room for any form of assault physical, verbal or otherwise from any of the parties. Any man that finds it difficult to control the urge to physically lash out should not get married. The fact that you'd want to equate a 'dressing down' to a slap is worrisome; at the end of the day he can have a conversation with his wife on private and clear the air.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by sisisioge: 6:44pm On May 21, 2021
Lol at the comments....you didnt marry your husband o. Na werey you marry. Good riddance to bad rubbish. So it is too much for him to help put food on the table , right? Hustle na hustle...the moraforker is not better than Nigerians both home and abroad whose legit hustle is pure plate washing. Hustle na hustle! How can a jobless man have pride! Even well to do rich dudes contribute to money making efforts of their wives! Ndi oshi! Let him stay blocked!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Pum2cakevilla3: 6:45pm On May 21, 2021
My mom runs a restaurant before she got help my Dad will take a break from work n help her wash some plates even clear the table...
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by RPG2020(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
undecided

That's not the full story

Once a man losses his source of income women become rude , unappreciative and wicked

Even if you ask Buhari to wash plates with proper manners he would gladly do that but ungrateful Nigerian women are something else

Thank you for this comment

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Bahamas95(m): 6:48pm On May 21, 2021
Stup1d so-called wives everywhere.

So cos he ain't got job she wanna turn him to her houseboy. There's a way you will talk to someone he will do what he doesn't wanna do.....I am very sure she talked to him in a disrespectful way.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by JesusDWay(m): 6:53pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

You probably made the request with spite! Also, you could have called him aside and ask him to help and that you are only requesting the help because there are many people around. If he still gets angry and he tells his friend, they will blame him instead but, asking him to do that right in front of customers might not go down well with a Nigerian man with ego, who especially is smarting from not being able to meet up with his responsibilities.

I pray peace returns to your home and your relationship be restored in Jesus name.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by johnnobles: 6:54pm On May 21, 2021
I can relate with this. Good one
Hotshisha:
undecided

That's not the full story

Once a man losses his source of income women become rude , unappreciative and wicked

Even if you ask Buhari to wash plates with proper manners he would gladly do that but ungrateful Nigerian women are something else

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by VIkKTOH(m): 6:55pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
this is coming from the feminist coalition headquarters.... nonsense and ingredient you think is every one that you can send on errands.....if the man starts doing it out of helping it will gradually becomes his job.....I know what Nigerian women can do....taking advantage where there is non......he should help her to wash plate and that is sensible to you why can't she look for something else diminishing

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 6:55pm On May 21, 2021
Nna I mad o
BruncleZuma:
My guy, e get so many ways to defuse the situation with talk wen no go even raise eyebrows. The answers here fit make person shudder.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by millionboi(m): 6:57pm On May 21, 2021
Richy4:
E be like say I don old for this Nairalandooo.... I can bet that have read this about 5yrs ago embarassed..... or less..Just the way this on happened...
are you sure there not just similar
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by jattopeter(m): 6:59pm On May 21, 2021
If the above story is true the man didn't try. Well.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2021
Jobia:
I like to
insult my mother. Dey your dey
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by tobatele(m): 7:01pm On May 21, 2021
Hhhhmmm. Ki Olorun ma fi atije wa si ibi to soro.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Rikkely: 7:01pm On May 21, 2021
I doubt the man would not have raise hand on the woman if she has not done that in public
she did it in public

Coldie:

No where in the story does it say she told him in public to wash the plates but immediately you have branded her.

Nowhere in the story does it say the husband has any form of income but immediately you have decided that the husband is the provider.

The woman telling him that for her to say it again she had nothing in mind, as this is a man they are both struggling together, her business that went down from a business with staffs to one without staff is because the money that's supposed to be used to pay staff is being used to provide for the family.

All these things na only for Nigeria e dae happen, where asking your husband for a request instead of him declining leads to a slap in public.

Na she good to receive slap for public infront of all her customers cause she be robot with no feelings?

Tomorrow another man who saw a man he doesn't know is her husband would try his own slap on her and nobody would know u are the genesis
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Rikkely: 7:01pm On May 21, 2021
I doubt the man would have raise hand on the woman if she has not done that in public
she did it in public

Coldie:

No where in the story does it say she told him in public to wash the plates but immediately you have branded her.

Nowhere in the story does it say the husband has any form of income but immediately you have decided that the husband is the provider.

The woman telling him that for her to say it again she had nothing in mind, as this is a man they are both struggling together, her business that went down from a business with staffs to one without staff is because the money that's supposed to be used to pay staff is being used to provide for the family.

All these things na only for Nigeria e dae happen, where asking your husband for a request instead of him declining leads to a slap in public.

Na she good to receive slap for public infront of all her customers cause she be robot with no feelings?

Tomorrow another man who saw a man he doesn't know is her husband would try his own slap on her and nobody would know u are the genesis
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 7:02pm On May 21, 2021
You are still a clown if you think the best way to welcome your husband is to send him to wash plates in public. You need brain check.
MOVIC6:
I won’t insult you but you and people like you need psychological recycling, imagine at the heat of sales, no boy or maid to aid and you enter and see you wife struggling, you will jus walk out, if she wants she can die, brother may God give you the brain to be reasonable

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by RPG2020(m): 7:03pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Baba that nah financial support; you've also got psychological and physical support, which you've not provided.

But seriously, assaulting your wife or any woman over something you can talk over nah beta male behaviour.

Imagine say 1200$ make man slap em wife; laughs in death and destruction.

Wait bros make i call your girlfriend first make she confirmed the kind man wey you be

Nor come dey form ice cream guy for nairaland

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by archipelago: 7:03pm On May 21, 2021
You employed some people and they had all gone leaving only you in the business. You need to check yourself chatacter wise. It was very wrong of you to tell your husband to come and be washing dishes. It serves you better. He gave you instantly what you needed.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:04pm On May 21, 2021
RPG2020:

Wait bros make i call your girlfriend first make she confirmed the kind man wey you be

Nor come dey form ice cream guy for nairaland
Omo my partner believe me die, no need to come dey join words with NL people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Guy Brought His Oyinbo Wife Back Home & His Family Members Were Astonished -pics / Zimbabwean Wife Caught Having Sex With Husband's Best Friend (pics) / My Uncle's Wife Is Killing Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.