Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67521 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Opak001(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
Sebastine1994:
madam you are a fool

when I was job hunting, every body was my enemy, I never smiled, everybody was a suspect.

put your self in his shoes.

societal expectations and other pressure, plus all the subtle body language insult you are giving him.

it means you are busy while he is lazy.
e deep,"everybody was the enemy"
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Gfskw: 7:45pm On May 21, 2021
You lack respect

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:47pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Baba that nah financial support; you've also got psychological and physical support, which you've not provided.

But seriously, assaulting your wife or any woman over something you can talk over nah beta male behaviour.

BRO SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.
EVERYONE DOESN'T BEHAVE BOR REACT IN THE SAME WAY.
THE WAY SHE NARRATED THE STORY SHOWS SHE LOOKS HER HUSBAND LIKE A MAID
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:48pm On May 21, 2021
Akuruoulo:

BRO SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.
EVERYONE DOESN'T BEHAVE BOR REACT IN THE SAME WAY.
THE WAY SHE NARRATED THE STORY SHOWS SHE LOOKS HER HUSBAND LIKE A MAID
No forget say nah 3rd party dey type this matter o, creative license may have been taken by the Op.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.

The manner of approach might be the cus.
The woman might have been showing some Marco behaviour before now.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by AFONAMARO: 7:49pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
I didn't read this ur nonsense.
This isn't about pride, its more of respect.

When things were going well with the man, he didn't turn her into a full house wife, he opened a business for her and does his manly duties diligently but due to probably her bad attitude, most of her staffs left and things went bad for the man and all she could do is to try turn him into one of her maids abi?
When she said it first, he gave her a bad look, that was suppose to send a message that he wasn't happy, but because she prides herself as the bread winner and the king of the house, she has to tell him again to wash plates in public, the man has to show her that despite his predicament, he is the the king of the home and won't stoop so low in washing plates in a restaurant.
Everyone must have an ego, here the woman has massaged her ego beyong country and is trying to destroy the mans ego

Neither did I read your foolishness.

So, you expect her to cook, sell, do the dishes, feed you, pay rent, fees and come home to spread legs for you to mount? Awon Mountain Everest!

Look at the way you are spewing saliva allover the thread, gloating that a man slapped his wife that's hustling to feed him.

Turk in your stinking ego. It's repugnant

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2021
CalmElder:
It would have been better if you guys discussed about him helping out at the restaurant at home, intead of you taking him by surprise, in front of other people.
I once worked for a baker whose husband wasn't working, the kind of errands she used to send the man in front of everyone ehn, he will first look at people's eyes, in discomfort before shamefully carrying it out. The guy will become unnecessarily angry at his wife's workers at the slightest mistake, just to show that he's in charge.
Being broke around women, even your sisters, can be depressing.

YOU ARE THE BOSS

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by jattopeter(m): 7:50pm On May 21, 2021
Good evening all , my little input on the issue on the topic on ground.
The problem we have is we just read with out properly analysis of what we read. Permit me to point out something for you.
From all indication the man is a responsible man, he opened the shop for her , he picks the children from the school , he finds out time to visit the shop.
I am not is support of any man raising hand on a woman.
Did u know what might have transpirred between them? Did u think this simple request is what prompted the man to slap her?
No one set exam for him self and fails.
From her write up , there are more to the story.
If you believe the story above � then you are part of the problem we have in this country.
I have seen alot of reaction to the message,
Did u read the part that says the man "packed out of the house and says till he get a job before he comes back?
What does that tells you?
Use your brain.
In all , I vehemently condemned the man's action for slapping the woman In question.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:51pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:

Did you even bother to read Homers Iliad; your basic Hollywood driven knowledge of history is troubling. And the kinds of fatalistic attributes to real men shows me how unlikely it is that you've seen an actual "real man" before.
Thrash
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by richmond500: 7:52pm On May 21, 2021
AFONAMARO:

Neither did I read your foolishness.

So, you expect her to cook, sell, do the dishes, feed you, pay rent, fees and come home to spread legs for you to mount? Awon Mountain Everest!

Look at the way you are spewing saliva allover the thread, gloating that a man slapped his wife that's hustling to feed him.

Turk in your stinking ego. It's repugnant
simp, na ur kind of men weh their women deh control anyhow

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Georgejeez: 7:53pm On May 21, 2021
EaglesEyes1:
If you have that much customers where u can't be washing, u can at least afford a young boy or girl who can wash plates and serve for you. I have seen women who sell by the roadside with less customers, they all have a young girl helping them. Somepeople just hate to see someone doing nothing, they see them as lazy.
Because you are now the breadwinner, your husband now must work for you to have a right to get his daily meal from you. A wise wife knows how to make her husband do things for her without hurting his ego.
Woman stop asking if your actions are right or wrong, go to that friend's house and beg your husband so at least it will prove that you didn't mean any disrespect. Be a wise woman, foolish people will tell you that since your husband can't provide he is useless and you dont need him, if u like follow those foolish advices and not beg your husband, your choice. A wise wife hide the shame of her husband and prays positively for him. Be guilded.

You will live long for that statement "A wise wife hide the shame of her husband and prays positively for him"

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ezechi24(m): 7:54pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”

u sound so stupid......i am sure this is not the first time you must have tried to intimidate and ridicule him because he doesnt have any money...if he hadnt stepped in would'nt you have washed those stuffs urself.....lubish.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:56pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Abeg how did the woman start her restaurant business ?
U will do worst than the woman. U will even give him knocks if he make mistakes.

The man is simply not into that , and u guys have to talk it over before heading to the shop.

For those narratives u gave ; na say them two own The business or the man owns it and they both run it together. So ur narrative is possible, and all men aren't the same.
Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:58pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
No forget say nah 3rd party dey type this matter o, creative license may have been taken by the Op.

I WILL ALWAYS JUDGE BY WHAT I READ
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by omonnakoda: 7:59pm On May 21, 2021
bepositive11:

That's toxic mentality. Slapping someone, humiliating them, shaming them, that's communication to you?

Would he slap a man his size or a man bigger than him? Coward is what he is. People who abuse their power are cowards. He should be protecting his wife not physically abusing her.
Life is about reality not idealism.

All humans are cowards. Under the right circumstances all humans will abuse power.

Armchair pontification is one of the easiest things to do .

In life there is a time to slap and a time to be slapped. There is a season for everything

Let us pray to survive our slaps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by obimag(m): 8:01pm On May 21, 2021
if he travels to US he might end up washing dishes in the a restaurant. However, it is all about pride and lack of business IQ. Also a lot depends on your approach. There is absolutely nothing wrong for him to wash the dishes and even join you in transforming the business .
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Jeon(f): 8:08pm On May 21, 2021
obimag:
if he travels to US he might end up washing dishes in the a restaurant. However, it is all about pride and lack of business IQ. Also a lot depends on your approach. There is absolutely nothing wrong for him to wash the dishes and even join you in transforming the business .

No he's a MAN NOT JUST MAN A NIGERIAN MAN.. so why will he do that?
Do you want to reduce his masculine features coolgrin

1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Natasha2(f): 8:09pm On May 21, 2021
Because of doing dishes, slap? He should carry the children too and stay with his friend, smelling pride. Her hands were tied, it’s not like she asked him to always come around to do the dishes, it was a one time stuff, since he was there, he wouldn’t loose his manhood if he helped her, Christ!!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Depressed101: 8:14pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”
finally a man with two useful balls

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Stevedegreat(m): 8:27pm On May 21, 2021
You may be hiding something from ur husband. You couldn't pay workers at some points but lucrative business. Manage your family with respect.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by GOOOGLE504(m): 8:28pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:
undecided

That's not the full story

Once a man losses his source of income women become rude , unappreciative and wicked

Even if you ask Buhari to wash plates with proper manners he would gladly do that but ungrateful Nigerian women are something else

She don trim the story but we still catch her.

The worst thing that can happen to a man is to lose his pride as head of house. Some of these bomboc.... will chew the man up and spit him out.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ajerimitan: 8:30pm On May 21, 2021
Husbsnd should have just ignored or walk out a dlap is very unneccesary, wife must have been consistently over stepping her boundaries a lot of women claim ignorance as usual untill their wrong seemimgly harmless guesture backfores. She might have been rude by her gesture, she must have been tensed due to so much pressure. Hubby going through much more also. She saw the open petrol and brought the fire too close boom explosion. Head is head no matter how idle it cannot be attached to the anus.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by omonnakoda: 8:30pm On May 21, 2021
Your opinion

Too little pride and a human is not better than an animal

That was a humiliating request demand or order for any Nigerian man.

Even if he is to wash plates they should have had a meeting to discuss and agree it before that.
Let us for one moment imagine it was her elder brother that was in the same position financially dependent on her . How would he feel to be given such a request.

There was too much "see finish" in that request

What is wrong is wrong

A leash or neck rope is not fitting for a chicken

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ajerimitan: 8:32pm On May 21, 2021
Husband should have just ignored or walk out a slap is very unneccesary, wife must have been consistently over stepping her boundaries a lot of women claim ignorance as usual untill their wrong seemimgly harmless gesture backfires. She might have been rude by her gesture, she must have been tensed due to so much pressure. Hubby going through much more also. She saw the open petrol and brought the fire too close boom explosion. Head is head no matter how idle it cannot be attached to the anus.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by fairygeh(f): 8:33pm On May 21, 2021
It's very wrong for you to ask your husband to wash plates for you in public .if you were both at home without no outsiders,fine but doing that in public,you want turn your husband to gbewudani.really not nice .you have to call him to apologize.the fact hat he opened the restaurant for you shows that he isn't an irresponsible man and he doesn't deserve that treatment from you.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Apktotheworld: 8:33pm On May 21, 2021
Godada:

The man in question is at a very vulnerable point in life. I think you pissed him off. The level of understanding between the both of you would have smoothened any rancour here. You hurt his pride
Na the problem wey we get for this part of the world be that. Why him dey pissed off? Say dem talk make him wash plate? The so called masculine superiority/authority needs to be jettisoned Olorun ngbo.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by lookingfly: 8:34pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:

how did you ask him.....I guess the wey you asked him must have irritated him......next time, get a dish washer instead of asking your husband to do it especially now that he has no job anymore. It was a wrong signal asking him to do the dishes.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Richy4(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2021
millionboi:
are you sure there not just similar

Trust me I have read this...I got funny memory when it comes to this kinda hood gist..... The same job lose, The same dish washing, same slapping... same storming off to be with friend... I read this here on Naira land... anyways.. there's nothing new under the sun anymore smiley
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by lexander(m): 8:36pm On May 21, 2021
DaCharis2016:
What's totally bad? Considering the pressure on her she mentioned. I think her asking for her husband's help was justified.
I agree with you but not in that particular situation (if they have talked about it before he came over or while customers where not there am sure he would have gladly helped him wash the plates he won't even complain talk less of putting his hand on her
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Craig24: 8:37pm On May 21, 2021
Galaxydon1:
I don't see anything wrong if the Man watches plate. It's lack of understanding, so if it was the Man that runs The business won't he dish out plates for his customers. Since it's a family business i don't see anything wrong with it.

You have the right to your opinion but I'm going to tell you this; never-ever let a woman(except your mother) feed you for a day if you value your self esteem and respect as a man.

Women are stupid and weak when it comes to balancing breadwinning and respect in a marriage when it falls on them.
If your both parents ever had issues in their marriage leading to break-up, single-parenthood or divorce, and you sided your mom against your father, calling him demeaning names, while he places curses on you then I'm sorry, life will teach you pure life lessons the bitter way.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Apktotheworld: 8:38pm On May 21, 2021
Sebastine1994:
madam you are a fool

when I was job hunting, every body was my enemy, I never smiled, everybody was a suspect.

put your self in his shoes.

societal expectations and other pressure, plus all the subtle body language insult you are giving him.

it means you are busy while he is lazy.
Na why him gazz slap her? Ah I thank God say I no come as woman for Naija o. I prolly might suffer the same fate. I really pity women in certain kinds of marriage sha.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Casper21: 8:38pm On May 21, 2021
Aaah u bilitled his pride as a man by giving him such order.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / 14-yr-old Girl Delivers Triplets For Her 16-yr-old Boyfriend / Wife Catches Her Husband Sleeping With Her Mother In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.