Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates - Family (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (67515 Views)

I Made A Mistake For Asking My Wife For An Open Marriage (story For The TL) / My Wife Slapped Me & I Beat Her But She Refused To Go To Father's House / Man Stops Paying Daughter's School Fee After She Told Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by GodisFirst: 7:04pm On May 21, 2021
You deserve a second dose. You need to employ someone to do that for you and not try to transform your husband to a plate washer.
Why not allow him be, maybe he would use his discretion do it if he sees how the situation is, instead of confronting him to do it and I am sure you told him to do that before the customers, that was why he slapped you in there presence.
You are lucky he opened the business for you and also helping out with the children's school runs.

Try using your family friends that has his phone number to reach him, apologize and beg him, at least let him come home and continue to help with the kids.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 7:05pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
There's no room for any form of assault physical, verbal or otherwise from any of the parties. Any man that finds it difficult to control the urge to physically lash out should not get married. The fact that you'd want to equate a 'dressing down' to a slap is worrisome; at the end of the day he can have a conversation with his wife on private and clear the air.

The so-called dressing down can cause more bruise than physical attack.

Verbal abuse can cause a permanent damage to the confidence of the victim.

It damages self-esteem and can lead to life-long mental health problems.

There is a support system for physical abuse, but there is none for verbal abuse. So, the victim is left to cope on his own. He can even end up committing suicide.

Verbal abuse is psychological. It's pain goes deeper than one can imagine.

If you don't want physical abuse, don't give people verbal abuse
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:06pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

The so-called dressing down can cause more bruise than physical attack.

Verbal abuse can cause a permanent damage to the confidence of the victim.

It damages self-esteem and can lead to life-long mental health problems.

There is a support system for physical abuse, but there is none for verbal abuse. So, the victim is left to cope on his own. He can even end up committing suicide.

Verbal abuse is psychological. It's pain goes deeper than one can imagine.

If you don't want physical abuse, don't give people verbal abuse
The bros already carry baggage of low self-esteem, even good morning fit cause slap.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Idaytesj29(m): 7:07pm On May 21, 2021
Zeeknow3245:
She said asked him to HELP. Her Communications might be fringy though but you see that your wife has little workers and can't afford more and sense did not tell you to do the needful. What is this love people are talking about? Sex? Buying gifts and Trips?The man has a stupid pride and we should be objective in our argument. Some people didn't even read and are commenting like fools. The Restaurant is a business and the man is unemployed. It's not that he's even doing something that one can say he's trying. What is bad if you help in the business and try to improve customer's service. If the business is booming, everybody wins. If you wash plate will you die? If you wash plate will your life be ruined for ever? It's just a phase of life, everybody has issues.
The business is dropping and you comot hand? You left the kids and went to stay with your friend because you don't want your foolish ego to drop. I hate bias comment many people are blind truly. The man messed up by slapping.

What stops the woman from doing the plates and have the man do something else? It has to be plates?

Then, that's not her first day in the shop, the pressure must have been an everyday thing. Why didn't she discuss needing more hands or assistance with her husband before that incident.

Then, this man was responsible for setting up the business for his wife 100% and because his business was scammed, he has to be employed by his wife? And no better department for him than dish washing? Abi? Fear God ooo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Codes151(m): 7:08pm On May 21, 2021
Firstly. We were not there to see the context of how you said it.

In front of your workers. You actually rubbished my guy...
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by kaelz(m): 7:09pm On May 21, 2021
BonPatrick:
A mother of two who pleaded anonymity has taken to social media to ask members of the public whether it was wrong to ask her husband to do the dishes.
According to her, her husband lost his business to scam and she has been the one catering for the family with the little she earns from her restaurant business.
She said: “Truly, My husband was the one who opened the restaurant for me, I cook very well and I still do my cooking by myself as I only direct my staffs on what to do.My husband lost his business to scam and since then it’s been me carrying the responsibilities, most of my staffs left because I could not pay them and at some point, all of them left and I had to do everything by myself.

“My husband is doing nothing yet, he just sits at home and maybe go pick the kids from school and all, so yesterday I had lots of customers in the shop, I was doing everything by myself, so as soon as my husband walked in, I asked him to help me rush to wash a few plates while I serve, and he looked at me in some strange way, I repeated myself and he slapped me in public, and walked out.

“I ignored the embarrassment and even most of my customers left, when I got home I noticed that he moved his things, I called his phone and he said he is in his friends place till he gets a job he will come home, that I should take care of the kids.

“He cut the call I tried to call and the next he blocked me.

“What did I do wrong, who is supposed to be upset? I just need to clear my conscience.”
This is my question to you, "If you have a neighbour and the both of you repair generators, do you go and meet him to lend you his spanner whenever you have more customers than he has?"
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Commotfornigeri: 7:10pm On May 21, 2021
NewSoul:

Imagine! What you people are doing is transaction. I no know why women always use that thing between their legs for manipulation and to get favours even from husbands

I'm waiting for the day you will deny her request and watch how your most prized reward gets seized...

Life is give and take my guy...

In all my years of marriage, I have learned that women are Garbage in, Garbage out or Love in, love out.

Anytime i ignore my wife a little, or get too busy with work, we often have quarrels that we cant even identify the source.

When I'm all over her, touching here and there, buying gifts, doing mushi mushi and hanging out in the kitchen, life becomes bliss and no arguments.

It is a normal human nature to be receptive towards actions or people that make you feel good.

Life itself is transactional. Your friends actions are as a result of your actions too. Life is Garbage in, garbage out.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 7:11pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
The bros already carry baggage of low self-esteem, even good morning fit cause slap.

Maybe his low self esteem was caused by consistent verbal abuse.

When men hit women over verbal abuse, the physical hitting is just an action in response to a reaction.

Unfortunately, people are so myopic that they focus only on the reaction without giving a thought to the action that prompted it.

If you don't want physical abuse, don't give verbal abuse.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 21, 2021
Margy:
The man is stupid!

I have seen husband and wife running a business together..and guess what ..it's booming.

Just in front of my yard.. a woman owns a retail shop..the husband stocked it up..the next thing I saw was the husband helping in the sales in the shop..the shop is growing

Another man helps his wife in the restaurant..she does the cooking and the man takes orders, serves the customers and helps out.where necessary...customers keep flowing san-san into the restaurant..

There's a program called restaurant impossible aired on food network.. I see a lot of husband and wife and children running their restaurants.

All I can say is that this man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.. yeyee dey smell

Devils advocate... Go and slap the man na? Basstard.

See the amount of hatred in you!

"The man will die a wretched poor man..proud grasshopper with no shi-shi.."

Who are you again?

Deputy Jesus? Ogun kee you and your family there for cursing a man that is innocent.

Have you ever wondered that the approach of the wife might have mattered in dishing out the orders to go and wash plate?

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:12pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

Maybe his low self esteem was caused by consistent verbal abuse.

When men hit women over verbal abuse, the physical hitting is just an action in response to a reaction.

Unfortunately, people are so myopic that they focus only on the reaction without giving a thought to the action that prompted it.

If you don't want physical abuse, don't give verbal abuse.
There's no justification for physical assault, my hand don dey cramp from typing this matter repeatedly no matter what.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 7:13pm On May 21, 2021
Like I told someone, you and them needs psychological reformation. You see your wife in dilemma and you want her to come and hug u and bow to you as Jesus Christ, when as a man you supposed to have sixth sense of sensitivity, guy no make me remember my own experience, I’m advising you as an unknown friend, treat ur woman like a queen and God himself will bless you through her
Masterito:
You are still a clown if you think the best way to welcome your husband is to send him to wash plates in public. You need brain check.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by lebienconnu: 7:13pm On May 21, 2021
feemi:
You got him pissed off before he walked into the restaurant. Also you rudely asked him to do the dishes.
Check it out, it was ur rude attitude that sacked all the staff.

I want to believe that he would have done that without you asking.
Remember,he owns the restaurant not you. And people still cluster and eat from you n u make ur cheese but it doesn't water down to him

How I wish I could give you multiple likes.
If I were a soldier I would salute you six times.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by richmond500: 7:13pm On May 21, 2021
AFONAMARO:

You guys should stop carrying ego and pride on your head like gala for sanity sake. Didn't you read where she stated that her husband is jobless, does nothing, and that she is the only one at the shop that feeds the family including the husband? I bet the man actually came to eat before the wife asked for his assistance which isn't a daily occurrence.

The man is wicked for allowing his wife do the dishes, serve, go to market as well as cook for public to raise money to feed same man, pay rent, pay the kids fees and run the home.
What exactly is marriage all about if not togetherness, understanding, sacrifice and genuine love?

I bath my kids, take them to school, do homework with them and run my home (finance) 100%. And my manhood did not disappear.

Marriage is not a slave camp for women. Rather, it's a union championed by 2 consenting adults to assist and be there for each other.

I pity women that marry egocentric men like you
I didn't read this ur nonsense.
This isn't about pride, its more of respect.

When things were going well with the man, he didn't turn her into a full house wife, he opened a business for her and does his manly duties diligently but due to probably her bad attitude, most of her staffs left and things went bad for the man and all she could do is to try turn him into one of her maids abi?
When she said it first, he gave her a bad look, that was suppose to send a message that he wasn't happy, but because she prides herself as the bread winner and the king of the house, she has to tell him again to wash plates in public, the man has to show her that despite his predicament, he is the the king of the home and won't stoop so low in washing plates in a restaurant.
Everyone must have an ego, here the woman has massaged her ego beyong country and is trying to destroy the mans ego

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 7:15pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
There's no justification for physical assault, my hand don dey cramp from typing this matter repeatedly no matter what.

So, are you saying there is justification for verbal abuse?

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:17pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

So, are you saying there is justification for verbal abuse?
None of that physical, verbal or otherwise. Once you raise your hand instead of communicating, you no get any case whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Oju4190: 7:17pm On May 21, 2021
kennylesy122:
I would slaps you again..... you have customers and you say your husband to wash the plate what are you try to insinuating?? Gradually you turn him to ur staff atleast give respect a chance if you do respect him enough you won’t dare say that you embarrassed and disrespected him Public you deserve to Hot slap
o boy dis Ur grammar need hot slap
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 7:18pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
None of that physical, verbal or otherwise. Once you raise your hand instead of communicating, you no get any case whatsoever.

What of those who raised their voices to abuse and tongue lash men? Is that justifiable in your camp?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BRATISLAVA: 7:19pm On May 21, 2021
MummyD2020:

Many men believe in just providing for the family. Women try alot. Honestly. Its not only soft words, u need to practically beg and pet them and bend your neck where you are begging them oh.

Not only that, but also prostrate while doing so. And be ready for anything he wants. Most men who demand these things are economically disadvantaged and have nothing to fall back on except their empty pride.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Masterito(m): 7:21pm On May 21, 2021
I do dishes without my wife telling me, especially when necessary. I have a happy home. My home is built on respect and tolerance. See you know nothing. It is wrong for a man to even tell his wife to go and wash dishes in public, vice versa. Some forming nonsense feminist. As Christian's we must learn to respect your husband. The Bible even made a man the head. I advise you to advice yourself. If you can spot the disrespect in the story, then you lack common wisdom.
MOVIC6:
Like I told someone, you and them needs psychological reformation. You see your wife in dilemma and you want her to come and hug u and bow to you as Jesus Christ, when as a man you supposed to have sixth sense of sensitivity, guy no make me remember my own experience, I’m advising you as an unknown friend, treat ur woman like a queen and God himself will bless you through her

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by BruncleZuma: 7:21pm On May 21, 2021
effort1:

What of those who raised their voices to abuse and tongue lash men? Is that justifiable in your camp?
Communication is a two-way street, you can't justify abuse or violence in any way, mode or manner.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ogwuche4u(m): 7:22pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?
To you now you made sense. All your assertions are nonsense. He feeds from the business and even clothes from the business. What is wrong in helping your partner do the dishes? Pride is a useless thing. If only he supports the wife in the business, am sure they will go far.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ThatFairGuy: 7:22pm On May 21, 2021
It's not well. She goofed or not. Respond
debbydams:
It is well
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by ThatFairGuy: 7:24pm On May 21, 2021
Even it is disrespectful to you for your husband to wash plates in your restaurant. Let alone you asking him to.

He felt miserable, won't too blame him for his reaction.

Walking away would have been better though
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by effort1: 7:26pm On May 21, 2021
BruncleZuma:
Communication is a two-way street, you can't justify abuse or violence in any way, mode or manner.

But you are here trying to justify verbal abuse.

What does that make you? A bias, wicked soul?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by richmond500: 7:28pm On May 21, 2021
ogwuche4u:

To you now you made sense. All your assertions are nonsense. He feeds from the business and even clothes from the business. What is wrong in helping your partner do the dishes? Pride is a useless thing. If only he supports the wife in the business, am sure they will go far.
the business belongs to him, he bought everything for her, chairs, gas stove, plates and even pay rents.

If he opens the business for himself and put in workers, I don't think any of his workers will tell him to wash plate.
The woman is ungrateful

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Hardgun: 7:29pm On May 21, 2021
MummyD2020:

I was expecting this. Chai . But the man can watch her work to death yet its nothing. What if she breaks down? Its not as if she ordered him. This is a woman thats trying to make ends meet. Was she balancing and watching tv? Guy be considerate. Since i gave birth, i have not been frequenting my shop but hubby comes back and carries baby so that i can have a break. This is someone that left by 8 in the morning. Haba, is she a slave? She is trying for God's sake. Shes not an octopus na. Its condescending but she was choked up too. Its a matter of understanding oh. If you never marry, you need to calmdown. You go change baby dirty diapers, they will throw up on you. You will watch their poop to know their health status. Its what makes you a man.
Thanks but this a different case telling her husband to wash plate for a customer please to me it's very bad
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by MOVIC6: 7:33pm On May 21, 2021
Oga, you are still bantering on your over fanned ergo, like you typed, it’s base on understanding and tolerance, you jus nailed yourself and your supporters, sixth sense means been proactive, she might have said it out of stressful mind which your big ergo should understand that at that point in time she is in dire need of your help and you are talking about disrespect.
Can you jus sut down and think of what you are bringing to this discussion.
Your wife, who’s part of your body, bone, flesh and blood, asked you to please help, my brother, pray for God’s help because God loved you unconditionally and he has giving you that mandate to do so to your wife, especially at her time of need but because of overfanned and blotted ergo you see problem in everything all because you are the man of the house.
Oga seek God’s help to love your woman rightly and not lip service.
I know a man that peels the bleeping fuits for his wife to sale.
Oga please stop this arguement if you really have self respect.
Love knows no bounds....
I rest this case.
Masterito:
I do dishes without my wife telling me, especially when necessary. I have a happy home. My home is built on respect and tolerance. See you know nothing. It is wrong for a man to even tell his wife to go and wash dishes in public, vice versa. Some forming nonsense feminist. As Christian's we must learn to respect your husband. The Bible even made a man the head. I advise you to advice yourself. If you can spot the disrespect in the story, then you lack common wisdom.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Maxvasia(m): 7:33pm On May 21, 2021
This is one side of the story sha. Will be stupid to pass judgement like that. The dangers of a one sided story.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Zeeknow3245(m): 7:35pm On May 21, 2021
Idaytesj29:

What stops the woman from doing the plates and have the man do something else? It has to be plates?

Then, that's not her first day in the shop, the pressure must have been an everyday thing. Why didn't she discuss needing more hands or assistance with her husband before that incident.

Then, this man was responsible for setting up the business for his wife 100% and because his business was scammed, he has to be employed by his wife? And no better department for him than dish washing? Abi? Fear God ooo
Oga did you read the write up at all? She didn't employ. She asked for help for him to dishes.
Which department? He used the money to open a business which is commendable but Oga things are not the way they are. Oga drop this your pride gringrin. When you will move abroad you go know say this mentality stinks.
Men wash dishes, men drop kids, men take out the trash,men do groceries, men do Laundries and men cook same with women. Do you know how many leaked pictures about David Cameron have been leaked with him cooking and even Washing?
Things are hard and you shouldn't make it harder. He refused to even get menial jobs so as to feed his family. Oga you shouldn't hear people's stories ooo. There's a man who was living in my area, he lost his job because we all knew he worked. So he started helping his wife wash,cook and keep records if his wife isn't around . We dey help am dish food for small pay if his wife wasn't around.His kids were little then. His wife does same exactly same. They've apportioned delegations to each other. If the man washes and cook for 2 days,the woman cooks the rest 4 days. From there he focused on keeping records and accounts before he later got a job. The wife was bad mouthed but still gives him respect too. But as long money go drop and everybody wins,no wahala. Life can never remain like that. His wife still runs it with other workers. FUNNILY the man is Igbo
The truth is Until you know your problem you can't solve anything

1 Like

Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:39pm On May 21, 2021
richmond500:
So in summary, U tell ur husband to go wash plates so u can serve ur customers?

like him go sit down carry sponge wash plate in public for u for restaurant weh him open for u?
Is that really what I read or I missed some part?

U MISSED NOTHING SIR
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by Akuruoulo(m): 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
Hotshisha:

I payed 100k to rent a shop

I payed an extra 100 k to buy plastic chairs, table and accessories for interior

I bought gas stove, microwave, cutlery, and food stuff almost 100k

Gave the wife another 100k working capital

All in all I spent 500k on a business venture or $1200 USD on a business venture I earned zero Kobo from( 1.2k is minimum wage of hard labour in USA) and annual income in Nigeria

Yet I am told to wash plates for the customers and I should not get angry and slap the person degrading me because I want to be a real man

I won't slap her , I'll take over my business with receipt and proof of payments I made starting up the business, I'll start washing the damn plates and keeping my profits for my damn self, for 50k I'll get an excellent cook in Lagos and run a proper business, let her go and ask her father and elders in their village to wash plate after buying her plates and business so she can survive

THE SIMP U QUOTED ISN'T JUST A SIMP
Re: My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On May 21, 2021
Some women are just so dumb...

If you need help in your business and all your staff members all left, why not try to find some new people gradually or did every staff member quit at the same time?

Why tell a full grown man to do domestic chores like washing dishes in public view just so everyone will know that you're the boss and you run your household?

How did an idiot like you convince a man to date and stay committed to you for so long in the form of marriage??

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (26) (Reply)

"I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting / 14-yr-old Girl Delivers Triplets For Her 16-yr-old Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.