Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? (36912 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Marry Other ' Christians '? / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Not Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by johnw47: 12:10am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:
John 20:17 & John 9:4, Jesus Christ has settled the matter.
Oga, please yourself.

lost fraud jw janosky

Joh 9:4  "We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work.

so your works is to laugh continually like a insaneo and to blaspheme and lie:

Joh 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, that is his natural way of speaking, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by cornelboy(f): 1:24am On Oct 01, 2023
Bossdave:

No wonder!!

In 2001, I was in a gathering where I was supposed to minister. A woman who was a convert from JW mounted the podium before me to address
the congregation. The first words that came out of her mouth was 'You know we worship three Gods...' After she dropped the mic, it was my turn to minister, and the first thing I did was to correct that errorneous declaration. I now understand why she spoke that way. That was the lie they told them when they were in those kingdom halls.

The Trinity is a 'He' and not a 'They'. To this, all Christians worldwide agree. There's no disputation about that. We serve only one God. Not 3. Please stop the blasphemy and the falsehood.
I understand that when a man leaves his parents and join to his wife, they become one. But does that mean that they've turned to the same person?

There's nothing like Trinity in the Bible. Jesus, his apostles and early church never believed nor taught the dogma.
They believed that the Father (Yahweh) is the one true God and Jesus is his son whom he sent.
John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6, John 20:17. Acts 2:36.

Jesus and Father are one just like the way an husband and wife are one. They are in perfect unity. John 10:30, 17:21,22

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:34am On Oct 01, 2023
cornelboy:

I understand that when a man leaves his parents and join to his wife, they become one. But does that mean that they've turned to the same person?

There's nothing like Trinity in the Bible. Jesus, his apostles and early church never believed nor taught the dogma.
They believed that the Father (Yahweh) is the one true God and Jesus is his son whom he sent.

Jesus and Father are one just like the way an husband and wife are one. They are in perfect unity. John 10:30, 17:21,22

Your friend doesn't know the origin of trinity so tell him to make his personal research into how the churches of Christendom came about the dogma after all the word TRINITY no dey inside Bible! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:36am On Oct 01, 2023
cornelboy:

How can [b]tri[/b]nity be singular?
Na wa o
Chelsea football team is also He na? Are they not driven to serve 1 purpose?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:42am On Oct 01, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Na wa o

The truth is that TRINITY is what over 41,000 different sects are trying to define till today!

If you ask Deeperlife, RCCG, Winners Chapel, MFM, Chosen, Foursquare, Apostolic, Presbyterian, Catholics, C.A.C and many others to define TRINITY you will find out that all of them have contradicting opinions about this god they worship.

So Bossdave is lyingly deceiving himself! smiley

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:43am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Your friend doesn't know the origin of trinity so tell him to make his personal research into how the churches of Christendom came about the dogma after all the word TRINITY no dey inside Bible! wink

Emphasis is on the word ARE
Which is used in plurality and 2 separate 2 distinct entities- My father, and I

Even Jesus Christ prayed that his disciples should be one just as he and the father are 1... Does that mean that his disciples are 1 in 12 people?

Jesus himself said his father is greater than himself and he called Jehovah as his father and God

Bible also says that God raised Jesus to A
a superior position. That will make Jesus greater than the trinity na

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:54am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

The Polytheist who worship three persons wants to pray for Jehovah's servants?

Bros,Please free yourself from DELUSION. grin

🤣

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by cornelboy(f): 1:58am On Oct 01, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Na wa o
Ọmọ I can only thank Jehovah God for making things clear to me through his people smiley
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by johnw47: 2:00am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Job_15:12  Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at

lost false jw mad max

so you are saying that trinity came about from all Christians/all of Christianity:

Christendom. / (ˈkrɪsəndəm) / noun. the collective body of Christians throughout the world or throughout history. an obsolete word for Christianity.

you very dum, aren't you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:01am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

Ọmọ even in their prayers they're confused because each of them have his own version of trinity so which one are they praying for JWs to adopt? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:02am On Oct 01, 2023
johnw47:

Job_15:12  Why doth thine heart carry thee away? and what do thy eyes wink at

lost false jw mad max

so you are saying that trinity came about from all Christians/all of Christianity:

Christendom. / (ˈkrɪsəndəm) / noun. the collective body of Christians throughout the world or throughout history. an obsolete word for Christianity.

you very dum, aren't you

Now i know you're just obsessed with Maximus so there's no need responding to your madness! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by johnw47: 2:07am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Now i know you're just obsessed with Maximus so there's no need responding to your madness! cheesy

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorn bushes under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

lost false jw mad max

so that's your excuse for running away this time,
mad MaxinDHouse you could not reply to truth:

rev 21:8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone; which is the second death.
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Aemmyjah(m): 5:30am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ọmọ even in their prayers they're confused because each of them have his own version of trinity so which one are they praying for JWs to adopt? cheesy

Those that revere Mary more than Christ, I ask them if that is not a quatrinity or that someone is greater than the trinity since they pray to her
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by johnw47: 6:15am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Ecc_7:6  For as the crackling of thorn bushes under a pot, So is the laughter of the fool

lost false jw mad max

each one of them are praying for you satans mob to adopt their beliefs?
i'm sure you continue to be confused, don't you:

1Co 14:33  For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2023
Emusan:

The lies and erroneous teachings they have taught against Trinity, one can wonder why there is so much fuse about Trinity by JWs.

They are not the one to reject Trinity.

They are not the one who raise first issue against Trinity.

Yet whenever you see them talking about Trinity they are so furious with anger.

To the extent that Watchtower had to publish a book titled "Should you believe in Trinity?"

That book was full of lies and misrepresentation of the early Christians on Trinity. So after public outcry against it, they have to remove the book from their library.

Another thing about the book is that Watchtower was using Atheist works to argue against Bible?

Very pathetic.

They are not the one who raise first issue against Trinity.Yet whenever you see them talking about Trinity they are so furious with anger.

Na their selling point be that. You see them jump and start peddling insanities and madness on any topic that is trinity based.

They were one time on this platform saying people worship 3 DOGHEADS after being told the 3 DOGHEADS they say others worship include their Jehovah, Jesus and Holy spirit, they started to change mouth grin grin grin

Liars and manipulators. You see once the topic changes to trinity, the other two Cornelboy and Aemmyjah jumped into it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2023
Aemmyjah:

Those that revere Mary more than Christ, I ask them if that is not a quatrinity or that someone is greater than the trinity since they pray to her

You revere mere mortals aka your 9 GODS of men as voice of Jesus grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

We don't hate them NEITHER do we worship with them.
They claim they gather "in the name of Jesus" but Worship 3 deities.
grin

We go bookmark an for you grin grin grin grin

Is it right to gather in the name of Jesus Christ? grin grin grin

We don't want claim in front of your response....

Cc: MightySparrow
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Bossdave: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The truth is that TRINITY is what over 41,000 different sects are trying to define till today!

If you ask Deeperlife, RCCG, Winners Chapel, MFM, Chosen, Foursquare, Apostolic, Presbyterian, Catholics, C.A.C and many others to define TRINITY you will find out that all of them have contradicting opinions about this god they worship.

So Bossdave is lyingly deceiving himself! smiley

Please refer me to any trinitarian article, book, blog, website, song or treatise where trinitarians have refered to the the Trinity as 'They'. This question is for MaxinDHouse. Failure to do so means you and your satanic GBs are the liars. This is an open challenge.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:44am On Oct 01, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Liar and manipulator do they pray to MaxInDHouse grin grin grin

Do they call on the name of MaxInDHouse when they pray. Do MaxInDHouse answer their prayers grin grin grin

Is it wrong to call on the name of Jesus when they pray? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:45am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

There is A Jehovah, Jesus and and Jehovah’s organization you need all 3 to have relationships and gain salvation

Pot calling the kettle black grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by achorladey: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2023
ANormalHuman see them rush into this thread at from 12 am to close to 2:00 am merrying over their selling point grin grin grin grin

Any topic related to

1.Trinitiy
2. Immorality of the soul
3. Hellfire

You see them jumping from earth to heaven to discuss.

Just pick their doctrine of Jesus returned in 1914. They run away as quickly as possible

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Bossdave: 8:51am On Oct 01, 2023
cornelboy:

There's the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The three are the one and self same Person.

Can you tell me why Isaiah 9:6 described the Messaiah as the Everlasting Father, the Almighty God?

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end."

Or tell me why 1Timothy 2:16 refers to the same Son spoken of by Isaiah as God manifest in the flesh?

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by cornelboy(f): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2023
Bossdave:

There's the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. The three are the one and self same Person.

Can you tell me why Isaiah 9:6 described the Messaiah as the Everlasting Father, the Almighty God?

"For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 7 Of the greatness of his government and peace there will be no end."

Or tell me why 1Timothy 2:16 refers to the same Son spoken of by Isaiah as God manifest in the flesh?

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
O boy go and do your research and then answer this questions:

Did Jesus, the apostle and the early church believed or taught the trinity doctrine?
No!
Why they didn't why should we believe it today?
We shouldn't because Jesus and the apostles who were evidently baptized with the holy spirit didn't say anything about any trinity.
What is their understanding about the person of God?

Jesus and the apostles taught that the one true God is the Father.
John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6, John 20:17, Acts 2:36.

Jesus never said he's the same person with the Father rather he's working with the Father in perfect unity.
The Bible clearly show distinctions between Jesus and his Father.
You can read 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

Jesus came to do the Father's will. Go and compare that verse with other other translations. God who's the Father didn't come in the flesh. Rather he sent Jesus who's God's unique (begotten) son and Jesus left his glory and miraculously because human.

After Jesus finished his mission on earth, he was exalted to the right hand of God. He was promoted.

How could Jesus be coequal or co powerful with God?
Jesus got everything from his Father and he will never claim equality with God.
1 Corinthians 11:3
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Bossdave: 9:19am On Oct 01, 2023
cornelboy:

O boy go and do your research and then answer this questions:

Did Jesus, the apostle and the early church believed or taught the trinity doctrine?
No!
Why they didn't why should we believe it today?
We shouldn't because Jesus and the apostles who were evidently baptized with the holy spirit didn't say anything about any trinity.
What is their understanding about the person of God?

Jesus and the apostles taught that the one true God is the Father.
John 17:3, 1 Cor 8:5,6, John 20:17, Acts 2:36.

Jesus never said he's the same person with the Father rather he's working with the Father in perfect unity.
The Bible clearly show distinctions between Jesus and his Father.
You can read 1 Corinthians 15:24-28

Jesus came to do the Father's will. Go and compare that verse with other other translations. God who's the Father didn't come in the flesh. Rather he sent Jesus who's God's unique (begotten) son and Jesus left his glory and miraculously because human.

After Jesus finished his mission on earth, he was exalted to the right hand of God. He was promoted.

How could Jesus be coequal or co powerful with God?
Jesus got everything from his Father and he will never claim equality with God.
1 Corinthians 11:3
Please talk about the verses I posted to you. I'm not here for fruitless arguments. I can give you a run for your money taking you from scripture to scripture and even burying you alive with the same scriptures you're quoting but that would not be an orderly discourse. I've posted you just 2 verses of scripture, answer the questions related to them. Infact, I want you to also tell me why Thomas referred to Jesus as 'My Lord and my God' after His resurrection without Jesus rebuking Him.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by waldigit: 9:44am On Oct 01, 2023
Janosky:

John 17:6-7. John 20:17, John 9:4,Acts 15:14,17, did Jesus say he worships the God of Jehovah's Witnesses as proven @ Isaiah 43:10-12 (ASV) ?

As for our none interest in what you term "Christian songs", your observations are correct.

Jehovah's servants have no interest in the songs of individuals who worship 3 persons.
Your Bible tells me the only true God says HE is NOT 3 persons.
Deuteronomy 6:3 & John 17:3.

Shalom.

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Janosky: 9:51am On Oct 01, 2023
waldigit:

Matthew 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

You are very desperate to ADD your own TWIST to Jesus message @ Matthew 28:19.

@ John 4:23-24, John 9:4 & Matthew 4:10, Did Jesus teach you to worship 3 deities?

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Janosky: 10:13am On Oct 01, 2023
Bossdave:

Please talk about the verses I posted to you. I'm not here for fruitless arguments. I can give you a run for your money taking you from scripture to scripture and even burying you alive with the same scriptures you're quoting but that would not be an orderly discourse. I've posted you just 2 verses of scripture, answer the questions related to them. Infact, I want you to also tell me why Thomas referred to Jesus as 'My Lord and my God' after His resurrection without Jesus rebuking Him.
I will respond to ASAP.
Let's begin with the bolded, your reference to John 20:28.

@ John 20:17, Jesus replied: I am ascending to your God and my God."

Did Jesus say himself is the God of the disciples , which you claim @ John 20:28?

Definitely not!

2nd point:
Also, did John 20:28 ends with exclamation mark (!)?
Yes.
Biblehub screenshot.

@ John 20:28, Thomas exclamation of surprise, amazement (because in verses 20-27, Thomas did not believe Jesus had risen).
When Thomas said "my God & my Lord!" ,is the same as when Bossdave says "oh my God! Oh My Lord!!!"
Is Bossdave refering to God in heaven?
Definitely not!
Thomas did not do it too.

3rd point:
Is Thomas an imperfect man?
Yes.
Why would you exalt & TWIST Thomas statement when Jesus Christ the perfect man has already debunk Thomas statement in John 20:17 & John 9:4?
Why would Jesus be your God when Jesus and Thomas are Worshipping the Supreme God in John 9:4 & Revelation 3:12?

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Janosky: 10:19am On Oct 01, 2023
Bossdave:

This is man made indoctrination.
The creed of Nicene.
Oga, you earlier lied when I brought this up yesterday.
You are a confirmed polytheist Worshipping 3 deities. grin grin
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by benqo01(m): 10:20am On Oct 01, 2023
That is the problem with Christainity it is very diverse

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by Ewedegubbler: 10:22am On Oct 01, 2023
Guys make Una leave Jehovah’s Witness people alone biko
Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:22am On Oct 01, 2023
Most threads posted on Sundays by so called Christians are usually useless e.g. this one

1 Like

Re: Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses "Hate" Christian Songs But Sing Secular Songs? by tctrills: 10:23am On Oct 01, 2023
HISSCRIBE1995:
I noticed that the jehova witnesses around me usually feel uncomfortable when a christian song is been played but they are quick to dance and sing along to secular (even ungodly ) songs.
They seems not to like hearing a christian sermon but would prefer to listen to sermons from other faith (islam)

Now the question is - why do these people react this way but chose to be more positive to unchristian subject rather than christian subject of which they are already familiar with.
It is also a wonder that these people Choose not to be identified as Christians (please if I'm wrong with this assertions you can correct me)
I think these organizations need to be studied very well to see why they Choose to be the way they are (their doctrines, and differences in scriptures)

If you know anything about this group called jehova witnesses, or had experienced some of their reactions, please share so that the church and general public can know more about them and their beliefs without castigasting anyone.
They are just like all other christian organizations with a false interpretation of the word of God.
Don't criticize them unless you have no false beliefs too.
Note: They also believe that angels have male sex hormones.
That they won't see or enter the kingdom of God because they are not born again.
And that it's ok to hate anyone that leaves their church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (53) (Reply)

Church Members Carry Pastor Up In A Chair While He Preaches / Free The Sheeple Movement Got To Church Leaders In Nigeria. My Experience / Lovemaking After Traditional Wedding Only: Is This Fornication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.