Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? (25452 Views)

Headache On Left Side Of Your Head: The Real Causes & Treatment / Men In The House: How Did You Regrow Hair On Bald Patches Of Your Head? / Is It Normal If You Talk To Yourself A Lot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by 77star: 7:32am On Jun 14, 2021
Proflere:
Ho, sorry. I meant most quiet people talk in their head often discussing things of importance. But someone who talks out (not in their head) like loud people who do not know more than running their mouth always are often time not too sound
Ok, now I get u Prof

Are u really a prof?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Ajah489(m): 7:33am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:
I've always wanted to ask the above question. I am a very quiet person, an introvert, but in my head, I talk every seconds like a real talkative. From reasoning to prediction to past events, it keeps rotating.

Does this happen to you too, or its just me.
If it's just me, how bad is it to my health?

Please I need answers
Every living human being,talk in his or her head.Without that,how will you even know that it is time to do this or that
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by wildikeman(m): 7:33am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:
I've always wanted to ask the above question. I am a very quiet person, an introvert, but in my head, I talk every seconds like a real talkative. From reasoning to prediction to past events, it keeps rotating.

Please I need answers

Everyday.... Happens when you don't have anyone to talk to. And it's good
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Poshvector12345: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2021
No be all ooh. I have a friend introvert like myself and we were discussing this subject and e said he does not have an inner monologue or voice. He just knows when to do things. He can only visualize numbers in his head as for reading he will look at the page and he can recognize the meaning, but he does not read in his head. And he was very serious about it.
Ajah489:
Every living human being,talk in his or her head.Without that,how will you even know that it is time to do this or that
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by ozijay: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2021
Mine is worst but I direct the mind to music writing, script writing and I've been happier ever since. I remember been like that since I was a kid, and to me it is the special gift for creative people. Just get the mind to productive things and it will be ok.
Palmerbarry:

Please I need answers
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by SenecaTheYonger: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2021
Ginaz:
I’m exactly like you. Only time I don’t talk in my head is when I’m deep asleep .

Are you an introvert ?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Poshvector12345: 7:48am On Jun 14, 2021
For me personally, thinking, reasoning, prediction, playing out how I want social interaction to go(it never goes as planned), how I would have liked it to go, creating historical fiction (like what if Hitler won), daydreaming (during lockdown I almost ran mad because of this. The current daydream now I and 4 if my guys have been exposed to aform of radiation that instead of killing us gave us IQ of 500 for 250 to my guys. We did not have any social awkwardness that comes with it. We are master manipulators but we are genuinely altruistic to the world. After a period of extreme wealth we were able to unify the leadership of most of the developing countries to fight against the imperial powers of NATO, because the tried to stop our growing influence....
Let me just there . That's about 2 years worth of internal monologue complete with visualization and colour. Realistic imaginative graphics. I don't need to watch movies I can make in m head

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by folake4u(f): 7:49am On Jun 14, 2021
WinterMinter:

My sister same here,most sleep between 5 minutes but mine sometimes I end up sleeping late in the morning

I'm telling you, I'd even wake up very late in the morning too.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by ReactGA: 7:57am On Jun 14, 2021
Poshvector12345:
For me personally, thinking, reasoning, prediction, playing out how I want social interaction to go(it never goes as planned), how I would have liked it to go, creating historical fiction (like what if Hitler won), daydreaming (during lockdown I almost ran mad because of this. The current daydream now I and 4 if my guys have been exposed to aform of radiation that instead of killing us gave us IQ of 500 for 250 to my guys. We did not have any social awkwardness that comes with it. We are master manipulators but we are genuinely altruistic to the world. After a period of extreme wealth we were able to unify the leadership of most of the developing countries to fight against the imperial powers of NATO, because the tried to stop our growing influence....
Let me just there . That's about 2 years worth of internal monologue complete with visualization and colour. Realistic imaginative graphics. I don't need to watch movies I can make in m head

2 years shocked dis ur own no be here. My own is to create alternate timelines to movies and given it a better (or worse ) ending

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by olson(m): 8:04am On Jun 14, 2021
VickyRotex:
Na real conference meeting grin

Meeting of me, myself, and I!

Badass
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Emeka71(m): 8:14am On Jun 14, 2021
HungryLion231:
Well, for a common Nigerian living in Nigeria couples with these recent happenings it’s 48 hours of the day. Am I mad?
I always do that.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by DSC7: 8:24am On Jun 14, 2021
I have everything you will ever need in my head........

Come and grab ur copy..........

I have traveled to almost all the countries in the world... In my head grin

Bro you normall jareh....

I can imagine weird things like say tommorow no dey....
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2021
traihit:

A lot of contradictions here don't you think. In fact, more than talking in their heads, introverts talk to themselves when they're alone. It is through the periods of conversing in their heads and to themselves, that they build inner strength that keep them confident and charged up to face situations challenging their introversion.
As for me, the first place I develop an idea, make a new decision, change my thinking etc is my head. And it's a great blessing if I have time alone and I can silently converse with myself.
wow!
Same here.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Goldbw122(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2021
For me, it helps me write a lot, design things, repair electronics, Have a good conversation about how my life and other people life will be, a very nice prediction about how things are going to work out in the future, helps me to plan well, sometimes when I have a conference meeting in my brain, it reduces stress and I will have almost everything figure out. And it makes me decide what am going to do for the day.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by sunnedee2: 8:46am On Jun 14, 2021
Every minute.
So, no be only me?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by CzarChris(m): 8:51am On Jun 14, 2021
kalu61:
My oga, l remember following your for one contribution you made, l was like do we have Africans that can think outside the box. Do connect me into the system Abeg make l be like you too grin
Boss, if I tell you I know how I got to were I am today, I'm a liar. Honestly, I wasn't the brightest kid growing up. I actually discovered myself after graduation from the University and somehow landing a job immediately after graduation. It was a low paying job (actually I started with 20k a month).
Recommendation after recommendation got me to were I am today. Sometimes, I don't even know who recommended me from Adam.

I am purely a product of grace. Keep doing what you are doing and let God do the rest. That's all I can say for now.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Ugandatales: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2021
I do it all the time...even when I am walking. That's why sometimes, when I am going on the road, and someone says something to me, or tries to start a conversation, I seem lost for the first few seconds, cos my mind is never there. Lol.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Ugandatales: 9:23am On Jun 14, 2021
GasAndOilTheory:
I call it staff meeting.
As I am, it's the voice that told me to come online and I saw this thread

Lol
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by ebuclassic18(m): 9:33am On Jun 14, 2021
most times I feel like am the only one that goes through some things in life but I was wrong if I have a way of bringing all in my head to reality 4 private jets,hotels luxurious life style etc
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by geezynoni: 9:34am On Jun 14, 2021
Every fucking time mehn
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by sogamica(m): 9:40am On Jun 14, 2021
I do this too
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by IMAliyu(m): 10:01am On Jun 14, 2021
Poshvector12345:
No be all ooh. I have a friend introvert like myself and we were discussing this subject and e said he does not have an inner monologue or voice. He just knows when to do things. He can only visualize numbers in his head as for reading he will look at the page and he can recognize the meaning, but he does not read in his head. And he was very serious about it.
Yeah it's like that.
Not everyone does it.

Mine was triggered at the age of 8, when I saw a show about a girl that had an imaginary friend. I thought it would be nice to have one as well, but that imaginary friend would be myself.

Then boom I now have vocalized thoughts and conversations in my head, although not all the thoughts are like that, sometimes it's just a vague image or feeling in my head.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by goodnewscliff(m): 10:12am On Jun 14, 2021
lonecatt:
I hope you don't talk aloud also cos that one na madness
i did this last week nd my neighbor who couldn't tell if it was me cos it was dark was just staringgg grin grin grin grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by criuze(m): 10:13am On Jun 14, 2021
Myself had been the only reliable person that has been with me all all these trial

Never tired of me, my mistakes and shortfalls

Never tired if me, even when weak, he always answer my call

I can't stop talking to him in and out of moments
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by francanthony(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2021
AfricaRoot:
It means you are a natural born writer. Take up a pen and bleed out those thoughts.
Trust on the magical plant to guide you.
what magical plant are we talking about?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by DeHill(m): 10:18am On Jun 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
I'm an introvert. I do it too but most times mine is prayers. Sometimes I do voice recordings or videos too. grin

I see it as a way of feeling yourself.
Are u based in PH?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2021
That one na always oh. Even for sleep I get 3 members wey de for board meeting...
1. Cerebral cortex - CEO
2. Cortex - MD
3. Medulla oblongata - FINANCIAL ADVICER���
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Dulfy(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2021
You are your own real nigger...gist with ur self jor
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by lonecatt(m): 10:51am On Jun 14, 2021
goodnewscliff:
i did this last week nd my neighbor who couldn't tell if it was me cos it was dark was just staringgg grin grin grin grin
lol
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by GiftedTitty: 11:21am On Jun 14, 2021
I so much love to do this, especially during a boring lecture or sermon, the only negative aspect is that I often laugh at odd occations. There was a day I wasnt able to contain my thoughts, I had talked myself into a beautiful idea and just stood up suddenly, for no obvious reason, my mum was dead scared. She had to call me close and place her hand on my head for prayers. I was just smilling..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Mayeldah(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2021
Sha make sure say na positive thoughts. No go dey do staff meeting in your head to do bad thing. As those ideas comes
1. Write them down
2. Simplify it.
3. Set out a plan for it
4. Develop it
5. Start out gradually
6. Excel

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Top 5 Dental Health Mistakes You Should Stop Now / How To Stop Bed Wetting In Adults! / Coronavirus: Quarantined Chinese In Lagos Airport Free Of Deadly Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.