Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? (25480 Views)

Headache On Left Side Of Your Head: The Real Causes & Treatment / Men In The House: How Did You Regrow Hair On Bald Patches Of Your Head? / Is It Normal If You Talk To Yourself A Lot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Realhommie(m): 6:14am On Jun 14, 2021
CharisEleos:

Or is that what you meant? Nope, I don't. I Talk in my mind and literally speak out to myself sometimes.

This is me exactly, having conversations with myself that it's now making me think I'm not well. Lol
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Lighthammer(m): 6:16am On Jun 14, 2021
Yes o everytime,cos i have learned the hard way not to broadcast my thought to people or seek advice from them,instead i do in my head,think about things and profer solutions to it
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jun 14, 2021
Realhommie:
This is me exactly, having conversations with myself that it's now making me think I'm not well. Lol

grin.. don't worry. Nothing is wrong with you. Provided you don't do it on the road, you're ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:22am On Jun 14, 2021
So that means nothing wrong with me.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by kalu61(m): 6:23am On Jun 14, 2021
HISSCRIBE1995:
That could be dangerous, you have to Stop it immediately or it could lead OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder)
I think you should search for OCD and its complications.

You must take control of your mind now or it could lead to What you never expect.
Especially if you are a christian you have to be careful or Satan could take that as an advantage and sneak blasphemous thoughts against the holy spirit into your mind, and you will (God forbid) then be battling with the guilt of committing the unpardonable sin, and the horror of eternal damnation.
I'm telling you this from experience.

Search for OCD christianity.Com

Be warned.

Check out my post concerning OCD click on this link - https://www.nairaland.com/6568244/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-satans-secret

You can also click on the link below to see for yourself how many Christians are suffering from this evil thing.

Please take the responsibility of guiding your heart serious or else you might regret it for the rest of your life.

https://ocdandchristianity.com/?p=235
You may be correct but don't bring religion into it.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by descarado: 6:24am On Jun 14, 2021
This has nothing to do with being introvert.
It's absolutely normal for humans to do that both extroverts and introverts. That's inner speech.
Starts developing at childhood.
Scientifically okay.

Somebody even concluded that if the guy add lack of sleep, he has a very high iq.
Okay o.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by superlanny(m): 6:26am On Jun 14, 2021
I think those are signs of a very active mind and it can be a special tool too, depends on how you use it. I know because my head works that way too.
Palmerbarry:
I've always wanted to ask the above question. I am a very quiet person, an introvert, but in my head, I talk every seconds like a real talkative. From reasoning to prediction to past events, it keeps rotating.

Does this happen to you too, or its just me.
If it's just me, how bad is it to my health?

Please I need answers
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by AfonjaConehead: 6:26am On Jun 14, 2021
Question for HotoroMental blackpantherxxx thefacelessman adolfhitlerxxx grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by kalu61(m): 6:29am On Jun 14, 2021
CzarChris:
Exactly, I'm a university lecturer and a consultant, hell I'm not even a senior lecturer yet, but I find myself teaching professors from different universities even abroad. I work in a university, and you'd think that I'd be free to express my knowledge and exchange ideas.

I was dead wrong. grin So I just happily mask myself in my office 99% of the time. We are very far in Africa.
My oga, l remember following your for one contribution you made, l was like do we have Africans that can think outside the box. Do connect me into the system Abeg make l be like you too grin
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by sugarlyn: 6:29am On Jun 14, 2021
Op, it shows you are well talented.
You have a rare gift in you that you have not discovered yet.
People like you create or innovate new things
People like you are scientists in abroad
But In Nigeria, you won't be able to bring out your special gift.
I will advise you to put down all your thoughts in a book it will help relieve you before it enter another level.
I was once like that during my teenage age until I was preoccupied that I don't have time to reason in my head anymore.
I put down my thoughts in a book both in English and Igbo language.
I was happy.
My brain was relaxed.
Now anxieties of life is affecting me, nothing dey my head again �
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Olayetan(m): 6:29am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:
I've always wanted to ask the above question. I am a very quiet person, an introvert, but in my head, I talk every seconds like a real talkative. From reasoning to prediction to past events, it keeps rotating.

Please I need answers

That's purely anxiety.

Sometimes, it will leave you speechless when you're being challenged on what you haven't prepared for in your mind or you find yourself not being able to Express yourself when talking to someone...
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by kalu61(m): 6:30am On Jun 14, 2021
descarado:
This has nothing to do with being introvert.
It's absolutely normal for humans to do that both extroverts and introverts. That's inner speech.
Starts developing at childhood.
Scientifically okay.

Somebody even concluded that if the guy add lack of sleep, he has a very high iq.
Okay o.
Lack of sleep is a big sign of high IQ. Do your research.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Plut01: 6:47am On Jun 14, 2021

Almost every humans do this silent meeting. Some little and some extreme........ However, if you talk to yourself loudly, it's no more normal. You're on the right path to insanity and you'd be doing yourself a huge favour by visiting a psychologist.

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by BigDawsNet: 6:48am On Jun 14, 2021
I can't make decisions alone without contacting those smart genius people in my head...

They give me advice.
And I also have Mr instinct...I follow his order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Plut01: 6:51am On Jun 14, 2021
Olayetan:

That's purely anxiety.

Sometimes, it will leave you speechless when you're being challenged on what you haven't prepared for in your mind or you find yourself not being able to Express yourself when talking to someone...

You know it well. Are you a Psychologist or just talking from experience?

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by samuelthaking(m): 6:54am On Jun 14, 2021
Emu4u2c:
I used to be like this till I was told it was madness then I had to stop..

I enjoy conversations with myself.

it doesn't really matter,I talk aloud sometimes gan sef
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by gbagyiza: 6:56am On Jun 14, 2021
HungryLion231:
it doesn't fall short of money matter nah.

Just be careful cos this can trigger your level of blood pressure.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by peacettw: 6:59am On Jun 14, 2021
I live in my head. I analyze things a lot. More so, I belive that I am weird, so who better to have difficult conversations with than myself?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by peacettw: 7:00am On Jun 14, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I can't make decisions alone without contacting those smart genius people in my head...

They give me advice.
And I also have Mr instinct...I follow his order

Nice
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by brosom(m): 7:04am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:

Please I need answers
u re not alone bro, In recent time, I've come to realize that I'm my best comforter after God.

I talk to myself like everyday, sometimes I make augurment with my head, I know it sounds crazy, but it helps me go through stuffs
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by EmyGod(m): 7:07am On Jun 14, 2021
Channel it to the word of God, always study your Bible so that excellent spirit will take control over your life.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by DesChyko: 7:08am On Jun 14, 2021
Round the clock mehn.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Joetttimua1811(m): 7:10am On Jun 14, 2021
Living in Nigeria alone will make you talk in your eyes sef, don't be shock op we plenty for the matter. But then

PLEASE READ TO THE END*

Are you interested in a site that gives you access to educational books very cheap and you can sell your books as an author??

It doesn't end there asides accessing books there's also an avenue to make money through referral, I bet you won't want to miss this, you know why??

It's a very interesting package. Okay this is how it works; You'll be required to register with 2k and upon registration you'll be given 3 books valued at 1500 each which you can sell as well asides the loads of knowledge on the books.

Then you'll have a link you can share to people to register through you, hmm... If Mr A registers directly under you, you'll be paid 800, Mr B registers under A you'll get 450 it doesn't stop there oooo, if Mr C registers under B you'll still be paid 250. Mind you the Aim of this site is to make knowledge available and help make money as well. If you're interested click the link https:///H7mWkIxp1nf7LvM42OY8el to join the WhatsApp group for more information and detailed explanation. Thanks.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2021
[quote author=mansakhalifa post=1020271

Only very smart people do that! you are very lucky then!

Tap into your creative powers bro

please let me suggest a movie "WALKING CHAOS"

THAT MOVIE IS AN ABSTRACT REPRESENTATION OF THE CONCEPT YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT

[/quote]
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by IAMPEDRO: 7:14am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:

Please I need answers
Good morning sir, You're not doing bad at all, for this is what led to the Renaissance in Europe, the era of classical learning that's between 14th-16th centuries. The era where logical and analytical reasonings were birthed. The ability to reason is of humans and not animals, the more reason why we are more superior. I think this is exactly what's going on on your head or did you think the founding fathers of (Renaissance) were just seated without nothing running through their heads? Lots of things were running through their head bro and they acted almost immediately to the positive vibes in their heads.
Moreso pay attention to cause and effect, the ability for you to reason well is what makes you greater than every other individual. I had a friend who said he thought about his future 200 times in a day lol...... Quite funny, I told him to calm down then act.
There are also some that think too much and then they end up talking to themselves (Soliloquizing). Act on the positive vibes on your head and lift every other to GOD ALMIGHTY in prayers.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by ashewoboy(m): 7:16am On Jun 14, 2021
folake4u:
24/7. Lol.
Even before I sleep, I think. It takes me about an hour to fall asleep after thinking.
Pheww.

what do you think about?
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by DeHill(m): 7:22am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:

Please I need answers
I'm like u too bro! I've found my kind! Let's get to know each other. Whatsapp number: 08029228777
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by traihit: 7:25am On Jun 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
I'm an introvert. I do it too but most times mine is prayers. Sometimes I do voice recordings or videos too. grin

I see it as a way of feeling yourself.

A lot of contradictions here don't you think. In fact, more than talking in their heads, introverts talk to themselves when they're alone. It is through the periods of conversing in their heads and to themselves, that they build inner strength that keep them confident and charged up to face situations challenging their introversion.
As for me, the first place I develop an idea, make a new decision, change my thinking etc is my head. And it's a great blessing if I have time alone and I can silently converse with myself.
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by DeHill(m): 7:27am On Jun 14, 2021
CharisEleos:
I'm an introvert. I do it too but most times mine is prayers. Sometimes I do voice recordings or videos too. grin

I see it as a way of feeling yourself.
Wow! No difference between us ooo.
I do records and videos always. Lol...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Taiwx(m): 7:29am On Jun 14, 2021
It's not a very good thing
I'm always acting in my head substituting actors every week
Most of the stories got no head!! undecided
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by MummyGreat: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2021
Palmerbarry:

Please I need answers
I don't think is bad keeping your brain active but Benue Yams will go long way in calming your brain 07068444039
Re: How Often Do You Talk In Your Head? by Proflere: 7:31am On Jun 14, 2021
Ho, sorry. I meant most quiet people talk in their head often discussing things of importance. But someone who talks out (not in their head) like loud people who do not know more than running their mouth always are often time not too sound
77star:

cotradiction

awon oro ti mo bold yi tako rawon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Coronavirus: PM Abe Asks Japan Schools To Close Over Disease / NARD Nationwide Strike: FG Threatens Actions Against NARD / Coronavirus Can Remain In The Air For 30 Minutes - Chinese Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.