Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? (10562 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:28pm On Feb 10, 2006
of course u can date some1 u cant marry i mean basically u dnt actually date guys cuz u wnt 2 marry dem!!
i date loadz of guys cuz i wnt 2 see da species if u knw wht i mean
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by darqly(m): 4:36pm On Feb 10, 2006
The way I was taught, date only those you think you can marry. This means date those that have the qualities you'd otherwise want in your dream spouse. What's the use of dating a party freak when you dread gigs undecided? Don't make sense. I subscribe to the fact that you may want to have fun before settling down, but on the whole date those that have the potential to become your spouse.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Renike(f): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2006
what exactly is the purpose?
u dont eat to feel the spoon in ur mouth, u eat cos u are hungry.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by princeonx: 1:04am On Feb 11, 2006
Did that back then don't think I have time for that anymore! what's the point?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by DEKING3(m): 5:33pm On Feb 11, 2006
Personally, I won't. Why venture into a relationship that I won't get anything from but either break someone's heart or get mine broken? . Can't do it.

She might come with the mind that she wants something serious and I'd end up breaking her heart just because I'm into it for the fun of it. It;s painful playing with other people's delicate hearts.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by funty(f): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2006
no  way  that's  crazy  and  callous  because  i  know  i  cant   marry  you   and  i go  ahead  and  date  you  even  though  you  might  love  me  and  then  later  when i  see  someone  i'll  love  to  marry, i  dump  you; that  is  really  wicked  i  wont  do  it  cause  the  guy  might  even  come  back  to  hurt  you  cause  of  what  you did  to him[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Jamesbond(m): 10:47am On Feb 13, 2006
na wao!!u guys seam to have 4orgotten dat sometimes u r into a rlationship out of LUST!!!.yea, i mean some of us see girls and we like WOW!! :oand u start havin randy plans.be it affair,date,relationship,courtship,whatever, its only with time dat the two parties involved will decide or know if they wld go to the next level.so if u ask me if i can date someone i cant marry my noble answer is DEFINITELY.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by madam: 4:57pm On Feb 13, 2006
@Jamesbond Ur guess is as good as mine
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by desiree(f): 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2006
i think it is a cruel and devious thing to do, why date someone if you don't intend to start something serious with them? personally, I do go on dates with guys and if i don't see us being serious in the future, i will let them know immediately angry.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by mobzy205(f): 5:38pm On Feb 15, 2006
i can date someone i cant because if Ur looking for someone to date for marriage it might be wrong one besides there many fishes in the water and God will send the right person for me not first one i date.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Idekeson(m): 10:15pm On Feb 17, 2006
Of course. Marriage is overrated.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Bisanke(f): 7:32pm On Feb 19, 2006
Yeah, it happens smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 20, 2006
In the past, i dated men that i could not marry; but now age aint on my side, so presently i can only dated a guy i can definitely get married to.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 10:13am On Nov 07, 2006
Right now am getting to 30. I cant afford to date a guy with no head way.
At this time in my life, after a year in a r/ship, i ask the guy the way forward. If he isnt coming out with anything positive,
I move on.

Aint no need wasting time just assuming bobo go marry you mwhile nothing.  undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by marlet01(m): 7:05pm On Nov 07, 2006
hhhhhmm
wat's the point when you know you can't marry her,

BUT SOME GUYS DO THAT
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by babycool(f): 11:31pm On Nov 08, 2006
Most times, we ladies find out that the ones we really love to marry may not feel the the same way about us, and there is this guy, who actually is not your husband material type, he is heads over heels inlove wit u, kissing ur feet, willing to do anything for u, the things u wished ur dream guy should have done for u, what do u do? the real question should be "DO MOST WOMEN ACTUALLY MARRY THE MEN OF THIER DREAMS?"

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by iice(f): 6:37pm On Nov 11, 2006
Yes, you can date someone you can't marry. How would you even know offhand that you can marry him if you don't date him and find out what kind of person he is, how he copes with a partner, how he responds and acts towards his partner?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2006
cool
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Nikegenius(f): 4:44pm On Nov 15, 2006
@dargly

U just got the point of the question. Make sure the person has the right quality so that when it works out better than u were thinking, taking it to the next level wont be a problem.
Thnx man, u are the guy for the job.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 9:36am On Nov 16, 2006
true talk
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by mobzy205(f): 8:22am On Jan 19, 2007
i have dated a guy like that but it not work out becos he is 31 and settled with own life ( he needs to grow up=) undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Macgreat(m): 10:21am On Jan 19, 2007
yes! yes!! yes!!! i open my crystal ball,i see those that say yes to the subject as them that go into dating for longthing,i call that relation-shit not relationship grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by angelchi(f): 1:05pm On Jan 19, 2007
yes i can, 4 the pepe grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by CrazyMan(m): 1:07pm On Jan 19, 2007
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by ruffbob(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2007
well am presently in a relationship dat i know would not lead to marriage bt it some how hard 4 me 2 go out of it cos changing her life was the reason 4 me getting into the relationship. though i av acheive a little of it bt i think i would had love to marry her bt she is older than me with 2years(this she don't know) so i av no choice.
but one day i would explain things to her since she apreciate me changing her life style and planning her furture
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by JustGood(m): 12:02pm On Jan 20, 2007
i fit date all de 'wise' girls only for yanshing
dem own too much and if person marry dem na yawa for house and 2 captains for ship
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by JustGood(m): 12:04pm On Jan 20, 2007
rhodalyn dey date to see species.
when person dey do ashawo work dey call am anotha name, yeye don start be dat
when she reach 29 she go post advert dey look for husband and she no go remember say her husband don yansh her go away
yeye
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by JustGood(m): 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2007
Yes, you can date someone you can't marry. How would you even know offhand that you can marry him if you don't date him and find out what kind of person he is, how he copes with a partner, how he responds and acts towards his partner?

this woman just like to yansh around
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by iice(f): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2007
ruffbob:

well am presently in a relationship that i know would not lead to marriage bt it some how hard 4 me 2 go out of it because changing her life was the reason 4 me getting into the relationship. though i av acheive a little of it bt i think i would had love to marry her bt she is older than me with 2years(this she don't know) so i av no choice.
but one day i would explain things to her since she apreciate me changing her life style and planning her furture

Amazing. . . .changing her life style? planning her future? Yeah she must be really something to appreciate all that. Goodluck
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Nia: 1:58am On Jan 21, 2007
You can definitely date someone you can't/don't want to marry. Just because you're dating someone doesn't mean you have to marry them. Dating exposes you to different experiences, a lot is about learning about yourself and finding out things about the opposite sex, things you might (not) want in a future partner or spouse, and characteristics you look for in a future partner (things that are within reason, anyways), interest in certain activities that you might not have been exposed to, and it's a good way to make your mistakes (and hopefully learn from it) until you decide to settle down, (if you decide to get married later on). I think it's always best that both people involved are on the same page, though, if you know for a fact that it's just a temporary fling.
Communication is important so you don't complicate things with emotion or hurt other people who might be looking for something more like a long-term commitment out of the relationship.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Macgreat(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2007
;d ;d ;d
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by okwanuzo3(f): 1:18am On Jan 23, 2007
yes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Been Having Sex With Prostitutes Since The Age Of 18. Please I Need Help! / “how I Mistakenly Slept With My Boyfriend’s Roommate” – Lady Recounts / How many times shd married couples have sex in a week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.