Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,210 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? (10563 Views)

Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 10:23am On Feb 08, 2007
its a possibility
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by ucantseeme: 3:17pm On Feb 08, 2007
when you are together you would find out if u can marry him/her, U cant just see someone and say thats goin to be ur spouse,
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by seunwiz: 3:36pm On Feb 08, 2007
sure , just for the Bleep(s) of it  wink
angry moderator
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by fellow(m): 3:52pm On Feb 08, 2007
definately
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by buzortech(m): 9:10pm On Feb 08, 2007
Its not advisable particularly if both of you know that marriage is not possible as was my own personal experience. Its like both of you are intentionally lying to yourselves. Mine was just called off some days ago and though I feel the pain of the breakage, it don't hurt much cos it wasn't meant to last.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by iice(f): 2:45am On Feb 10, 2007
Which one be intentionally lying. Do people actually communicate? Can't a couple decide to date even if they know they wont get married in the end?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lioness(f): 1:09pm On Feb 23, 2007
cool
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by 2Legit: 8:41pm On Feb 23, 2007
iice:

Which one be intentionally lying. Do people actually communicate? Can't a couple decide to date even if they know they wont get married in the end?

yes. you should get together to have shags and dump the other afterwards. It's a good approach to life.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by iice(f): 7:44am On Feb 24, 2007
Shags is not all plus it might be just mutual parting. Some people just want comfort abi a shoulder even if they know they are not meant to last together. Fear of being alone. Yes the unusual is hard to imagine.

@Topic least i forgot, isn't wonderful when you can meet someone (maybe just by looking at the person) and tell straight off that you will have to eventually marry that person but if not marriage then you will not date the person. . . loony bin is more like the destination.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by venice(f): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2007
@tochi

i agree with you, grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lolabaloo(f): 10:01am On Feb 27, 2007
one have to date to choose the right partner. i can just get married to a stranger.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by lenwang: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2007
yes off course u can date some one u cannot marry,u must date someone cos of marriiage
but wat u feel for the person
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by abdkabir(m): 2:55am On Mar 05, 2007
So what do FEEL for the person. SEX!! shocked shocked shocked

I thought the aim of LOVE itself would be by intention MARRIAGE.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by mekoyo(m): 6:20pm On May 11, 2007
Date has been turned to a different thing entirely. If i'm going to date someone then that will be the person i'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Seun(m): 6:25pm On May 11, 2007
How can you be so sure that you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you haven't dated?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Adetife: 6:46pm On May 11, 2007
Yes why not? Personally i can see a lady from get go and know that she is not my wifey material, but i would still approach her and it can go 1 of 2 wayz - Date but never fully commit/marry or we can grow on eachother and the relationship lasts. You just don't know what God's plans are!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by BigSis(f): 7:44pm On May 12, 2007
Seun,

Why should a woman help you to achieve your dreams?  Is she your mama?  Are you looking for a woman to be your sugar mama. 

Y'all,

Of course, I can date someone I have no attention of marrying. However, I don't lead the man on and give him the impression I want anything permanent. It is according where I am at in my life.

95% of the men I dated in the I would not dream of marrying.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by puker(m): 9:27pm On May 12, 2007
Not every relationship end in marriage. And gals who always carry that in mind seem to date more men cause they get disappointed when the man is not making advances they look some where else and thrust Nigerians many will promise marriage if they gotta get you but at the end hit n run. Therefore it is wise that one gets into relationship intimately with lots of caution and prayers that one day the man will propose for real.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by sammyjl(f): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2007
shocked Hallo!! Are you from another planet or what, this is earth we live one and yes you can do that.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by denex: 11:25am On Jun 12, 2007
Na wah O! Which kain simple question be this?
Of course! In fact I WANT to date someone I WILL not marry.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Dynast(m): 11:55am On Jun 12, 2007
I only date those that have the qualities I need as a wife

Cant date u if I know there is no slightest possibil;ity of marriage
Infact cant try making luv with one I dont love deeply as a possible wouldbe wife
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by ajayi1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2007
Abi?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Bosdem(f): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2007
y not, but i no go brok am o
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by earthrealm(m): 5:26am On Dec 11, 2007
sure grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by Emad(f): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2008
yeah sure u do some for fun
that's life
grin grin grin
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by adeboo(f): 8:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
No i sure cant.
I have no time to waste and what if during the course of us dating, i maybe get pregnant?
There is no way i can be with someone i dont like.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by TerrySoft(m): 5:22pm On Mar 26, 2008
Yes!!!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by tRoOE(f): 5:59am On Mar 27, 2008
Hell no, why date someone I don't see a future with in the 1st place. What fun is there jumping from one guy to another, that is why some females are labeled with negative names. You will know a serious man when you see him, a man who is ready to act like a real man, and not all these small bobs that are calling themselves men.

My dayz of dating are over, my plan is to get marry 2years from now, might be early sef

Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by yemivictor: 11:03am On Mar 27, 2008
tRoOE:

Hell no, why date someone I don't see a future with in the 1st place. What fun is there jumping from one guy to another, that is why some females are labeled with negative names.

The catch is, how would you even know you don't have a future with him when you've not dated him & barely know him!?

tRoOE:

You will know a serious man when you see him, a man who is ready to act like a real man, and not all these small bobs that are calling themselves men.

My dayz of dating are over, my plan is to get marry 2years from now, might be early sef

Could you please enlighten us on this!?
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by rockiedink(m): 11:38am On Mar 27, 2008
yemivictor:

The catch is, how will you even know you don't have a future with him when you've not dated him & barely know him!?

Could you please enlighten us on this!?

word!!!
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by kufreabasi(m): 12:03pm On Mar 27, 2008
when you are together you would find out if u can marry him/her, You can't just see someone and say thats goin to be your spouse, go into courtship with whosoever you want to marry,m then study the person vividly for sometime to his or her likes and hates before you draw a valid conclusion either to marry or not to marry.by so doiny you are entering into another school of study in life,cos when you carbbage-in ,you must sirely carbbage-out.That's just thay.
Re: Can You Date Someone You Can't Marry? by kufreabasi(m): 12:08pm On Mar 27, 2008
[center]when you are together you would find out if u can marry him/her,  You can't just see someone and say thats goin to be your spouse, go into courtship with whosoever you want to marry, then study the person vividly for sometime to know his or her likes and hates before you draw a valid conclusion either to marry or not to marry.by so doiny you are entering into another school of study in life,cos when you carbbage-in ,you must surely carbbage-out.That's just thay.[/center][color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

“how I Mistakenly Slept With My Boyfriend’s Roommate” – Lady Recounts / How many times shd married couples have sex in a week? / Meet Handsome Somali Songbird That Women Are Dying To Fall In Love With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.