Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

I Want To Send My Wife Packing - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Send My Wife Packing (62213 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / 'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by socialmediaman: 3:51pm On May 28, 2021
That thing wey you no like, your neighbor might be having sleepless nights to have it, be careful. Shebi two people were joint as one in marriage, so why are you hiding your salary from yourself? The fact that you have money doesn’t mean you should give it all to her, that’s why billionaires are also owing banks. Even if you have 10 million in your account, if your financial planning says don’t spend more than 100K at a time then it is what it is, explain it to her and you both should live by same standards. You’re lucky that you’re not living abroad, if she divorce you that money wey you de hide will be split in two

@igwebest23 grin

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by wwwihy: 3:52pm On May 28, 2021
You are very selfish and don't love her.... how would you not pay for then Would be wife instead of spending lavishly on one useless wedding ceremony

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Klass99(f): 3:53pm On May 28, 2021
smiley

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Kobicove(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2021
Pweetiedude:
Your wife is simply a miser

She is worse than a miser...if what OP has said is true then his wife is a very selfish person

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by gambia(m): 3:55pm On May 28, 2021
Klass99:

You are a mad man, lol gringrin

@Igwebest, the last part of your story made me laugh as well. What sort of person faints from ordinary shouting? If she see kidnappers or boko haram with AK47, wetin go happen that time? grin

The "Redpiller couples" got me laughing honestly.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by seguno2: 3:56pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

As una never get pikin, find a good lawyer to do your divorce, and consider whatever you spent already as sunk costs. Shine your eyes and bail.
Best of luck bros.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Mrbenny001: 3:56pm On May 28, 2021
Your wife doesn't know how much your salary is..then who will.. I think that's the beginning of the issue, she actually thought your earning far more than that..she probably thinking for you to spend such amount for the wedding you have millions kept somewhere..you need to sit her down and open up to her all your financial portfolio.. I mean she your wife.. what are you scared of , in fact what you fear is already coming on you

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by tradepunter: 3:57pm On May 28, 2021
Bola146:
This is so deep, you saw the red lines but you ignored it. If you have told her to choose either to use money for the wedding or shop embarassed Why spent that much on a day or two days wedding when you still have many things to use money for You need to tell her siblings or parents how everything thsat happened, if she doesn't want to be submissive or abide with your earning, then let her go and learn more lessons from her parents house undecided she should be able to afford the rent na!!!! Must wives put heavy loads on their husbands She shouldn't have shouted, she can do daily or weekly contributions to pay for the rent sad Please don't ever argue nor fight with her, just pick one of your dresses and find a place to cool your head. It's too early to have hypertension jare

Are you as humble as you sound?

Because all you have said resonate with me for some reason.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:57pm On May 28, 2021
From the angle I dey look this story, this must be a northerners. ...na So there marriage dey be.

Oga I support you to leave her If una never born oo....she is a selfish wife and not yet ready to see marriage as one...
Do what makes you happy, leave her!
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by meobizy(f): 3:57pm On May 28, 2021
Lol. Marrying a female stingy with finances is a hurdle most Nigerian men will face. I’ve long stopped seeing matrimony as till death do us part. If I tire of someone I’ll walk out without a second thought. Life is too long and miserable to have an idiot around making things harder. I’m not saying you should leave her. Your original plan to me is the best course of action. Meanwhile, lol at already seeing faults in less than a year of marriage.

10 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by zidek(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2021
Get her pregnant, before sending her packing, so that you don't loss all
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by DenreleDave(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
chatinent:
Read again.

He didn't give her money to start the business.

Why shud he give sumone he hasn't married money to start a business..

If he had and the lady dumped him, people like you wud av called him a fool

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Mandela27: 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
Na ur matter

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by seguno2: 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
Mrbenny001:
Your wife doesn't know how much your salary is..then who will.. I think that's the beginning of the issue, she actually thought your earning far more than that..she probably thinking for you to spend such amount for the wedding you have millions kept somewhere..you need to sit her down and open up to her all your financial portfolio.. I mean she your wife.. what are you scared of , in fact what you fear is already coming on you

Is that on the condition that she also opens her books for him to know how much she gets
Are you married? Do you know how much your wife earns
What percentage of her earnings goes to your household expenses?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Quim2: 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
daddytime:
Huh?

Maybe she has swallowed the red pill too.

Redpiller-couple.

You no well oooo.

Lol
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ednut1(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2021
All these useless marriages of today self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Commotfornigeri: 4:00pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

She just doesnt believe in the marriage so much. She is building an escape plan and financial independence is her number one goal.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Brimstone77: 4:01pm On May 28, 2021
B
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Klass99(f): 4:01pm On May 28, 2021
smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ghettochild(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

Shebi it was on this same nairaland we saw a woman who built a house without her hubby knowledge..
My bro marriage is companionship not one person bearing the whole brunt.
Ur wife is heartless n insensitive..
I know u are from that part the cherish bride price more than a life..
Its never too late to fix things otherwise....
U married a selfish woman.. u did see the signs but u proceeded on going ahead with the marriage.
I think its time pastors n marriage counselor begin to preach to women that this marriage thing na scratch my back...I scratch yours ooo

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Genesiis(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2021
Don't let the devil step his foot into your home. He uses little issues like this to break homes. One thing is lacking in your home, "Absence of God"

If the both of you love God, this wouldn't be an issue at all. Also you both have not learned to accommodate each others shortfalls. You made the first mistake of not telling her what you earn. I thinks that might be the root cause of these issues.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by sammirano: 4:04pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.

Keyword. 'Entering her head' when women begin to make change, they become proud. Which explains why they are very bad at leading.

Well, I don't know what you were watching while dating, but you would have seen her for who she is. So now, you have to live with them.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by saajus: 4:04pm On May 28, 2021
Your marriage is too early to quit base on this minor issue. So far none of you is violent, this is repairable. I don't know why you can't disclose your salary to your significant other. I thought you went through courtship and I believe you won't marry her if you can't trust her. Abi na arranged marriage.

First, take charge and ignore some things. Please, don't ask her for anything again and stop poke nosing to how she spends. Don't check her phone or social media. If she likes let her send all her money to a friend. So far, you know she's not flirting. Some women don't learn until their fingers are burnt. Try your best to provide for the basic needs of your family. Trust me, the first 5 years of marriage is always difficult. Two people with different backgrounds living together, it won't be easy in the beginning. Some are lucky that they get a perfect match.

Women always become sober when children start coming in. Most of them drop any selfish behavior they exhibit cos they know it's not just about two people again. They will be doing some things if not because of their husbands but because of their children. So, be patient.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by kenchop: 4:05pm On May 28, 2021
YOU ARE IN HOT SOUP COS NOTHING GETS BETTER IN MARRIAGE. ITS ONLY GOING TO GET WORSE. THAT'S WHY I ALWAYS TELL PEOPLE KNOW A PERSON BEFORE YOU RUSH INTO MARRIAGE WITH THEM. JUST LOOK AT YOUR CASE, AFTER JUST A FEW MONTHS YOU ALREADY WANT OUT. TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED TO KNOW THE OTHER PERSON B4 GOING IN. CALL IT A DAY NOW BEFORE SOMEONE GETS HURT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Quim2: 4:06pm On May 28, 2021
daddytime:

I'm certain her selfishness cum entitled feeling to her money stemmed from his initial refusal to set a shop up for her until her family did so.

If he had refused to swallow the red pill and cut down on the wedding expenses to set a shop up for her and she still turned out this selfish, my submission here would definitely had been different.

Yes, you are wise
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

This is not the reason.. if it's that 7k, bro chill some unmarried male friends can ask their married female friends for help and if she has she can help.
There is more to this isssue.. tell us the full gist..

On a daily basis my mind is becoming hard and hard everyday on this issue of women matter. What is wrong with them self

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Issues2(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2021
This is a minor issues na u just need to apply wisdom to it it has not gotten of throwing her out pls u can even call her and seat her down pet her and discuss things if she doesn't not change that is when u will involve family member thank you
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by BabaIbo: 4:08pm On May 28, 2021
bigpicture001:
Financial compatibility is now a big issue in marriage much bigger than even cheating....

My ex dumped me cuz of that..i was in very dire need in my huzle..which is very glaring, after all friends have failed to bail me out.she did..nd angrily quitted the relationship cuz according to her its a man dat would giv a lady not the other way round.....

The biz later picked up vry good and earns me 6digits now..

Too many unsupportive girls everywhere..according to them supoort is only in prayers.....

Good one, I also had similar experience.

Most times, when we lost our partners due to struggle/hustle, it always act as motivation to a bigger and better level if we remain focus.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Chuka200: 4:08pm On May 28, 2021
My brother you can never get anything from that woman even love.. if you have kids then there is a problem if not send her away too many red flags
quote author=igwebest23 post=102134047]This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by nwakibe: 4:09pm On May 28, 2021
Chai... My man sorry o. Seat her down and discuss it with her. My wife and I contributes 50% of our monthly earnings for the upkeep of the house, 20% for our individual uses and 30% for capital projects. No nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

How Would You Solve This Kind Of Issue? / Parents In Tears At The Wedding Of Their Only Daughter In Lagos. Photo / My Marriage On The Brink Of Crashing, Experienced People Needed Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.