Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Want To Send My Wife Packing - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Send My Wife Packing (62354 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / 'I Want To Fight My Neighbor For Sending His Unfaithful Wife Packing' (pictures) / How I Sent My Troublesome First Wife Packing Peacefully (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:47pm On May 28, 2021
Cocao:

You don't understand. I am sure he does not need that 1k, everyone has this need to feel loved and cherished and protected. He just wants to know that if he needs something, his wife has got his back.

Even people with plenty money still need someone that is willing to care for them
he has to blame himself because he asked for it... don't tell me he just saw her and marry her without knowing her true character
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by bepositive11: 5:47pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

My brother I know my wife is my responsibility. But d issue now is that she is making money. She has like 250k saving In her account. Her shop rent is just 90k. And she wants me to pay it. D money she is making, is it ordinary paper. The issue is that ladies of this generation is different from our mum. I live in well furnished two bedroom apartment, paid by me. People are passing my wife shop seeing d level of customer going in and out, d think she is contributing to d family. Is better I marry a girl that is not doing anything that will be submissive to me. I noticed d little money she is making is entering her head.

To you, 90k out of 250k is not much but to her, that leaves her with 160k. If she knows that you have a lot more than that, that's probably why she's justifying asking you to pay the rent instead.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Belcon(m): 5:48pm On May 28, 2021
Baba follow your heart oo,just on Monday a friends brother discovered his only son of 5years his not his son while the yeye wife has been sucking him and her relatives collecting pocket money only to discover this by the paternity test carried out at the embassy for the wife and child to join him in the USA since he was born and raised there and also schooled ...women matter tire me oo tomorrow nah family meeting for zoom
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Romanoff(f): 5:48pm On May 28, 2021
Reex12:
lol perhaps you view such situation as in third person narrative...now romanoff (natasha lol) you get married to a man that you know that doesnt love you,shows sign that he doesnt regard you..and also you on the other hand knows fully well that you dont love your husband but live in the same house with him would still want to spend the rest of your life with him pls be honest

That's why I said mutual respect must be in the union.

Anyone who marries someone that doesn't have any regard or respect for them had dug their grave already.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by YelloweWest: 5:48pm On May 28, 2021
ELKHALIFAISIS:
Someone who spent a million plus for traditional wedding is crying to his wife to borrow him 1000 naira from a shop he didn't rent for her...

Walihi to slap you dey hungry me undecided kiss
A simple disclosure of salary would have avoided this...
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by paulos8: 5:49pm On May 28, 2021
Leave her...there is no love and understanding in the relationship. People just jump into marriage without counselling. Both of u are at fault. There is no harm in telling ur wife how much you do earn...she is also supposed to tell u how much makes, how she spents, how much she is saving and how she can assist in the home.Who pays the store rent doesn't really matter if all is discussed. you can't be married and be hiding stuff like this from ur partner... marriage is both partners coming together to become one. If both of you can't reason as one then there's no point marrying one another for it will only end in disaster

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Bonjovi13: 5:51pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:
This is too much for me. I have had enough. I got married to my wife last year October 2020. I did both traditional wedding and white wedding, spent a million plus. I work with ministry of health.

My wife has been insisting that I disclose my salary to her from day 1 but I never, I just told her that am earning 100+. Before I met my wife, she already learn Fashion designing. Then while was rushing around, preparing for wedding, she was pestering me to open shop for her. I specifically told her that d money I have now is Solly for wedding and traditional rite, which cost me fortune.

Then after much pressure, her people contributed money and paid for d shop (Remember I have paid her bride price then). I have swallowed red pill. How can I open shop for a girl I have not finished marrying. Then when she opened d shop, I equally supporting her with other things like buying protector and chairs. Every day she is going to shop, I drop pocket of 1k. Some times she asks me money to buy tailor materials which I give.

Now within a space of 7 months my wife now has 14 apprentices. She collected like 30k from them. Then all the money she made in her shop, she put all in her account, she doesn't contribute anything at home. Infact decided not to apply for ATM card. Some time, I may go to. ATM to get money and d tell me no network, if I come to my wife to ask her for ordinary 1k, she will say she doesn't have it. I never asked her to help in our home finances before, and I don't really care about her money.

But now found out through her Facebook chat that she sent her male school friends 7k. She hid it from me, she said d guy needed d money to treat her father in d hospital. I was shock. Cos my wife always complained she does not have money. Now she is complaining that I don't support her in her shop. That she can do whatever she wants with her money.

This morning, she was raising her voice to the hearing our flat neighbors, that am a useless husband, I feel insulted. Am embarrased. That I don't support her. She said her shop rent has expired that I should give her d money but she have enough money in her account to pay it. While is asking me. Am d one that pays for house rent, I buy food stuff, I give her transport every day.

I have had enough. I will call her mum to come over and carry her daughter. I can never beat her. The last night I shouted at her she fainted not to talk of beating.

My friend. You may have unwittingly set the stage for the crisis in your home.

It is at the beginning of a serious relationship that you discuss serious things like finances,religion,relationship with extended families,sharing of responsibilities etc. You guys should be open with each other and you will both know whether your views align. If you guys have widely divergent views on most of these important issues and those viewpoints are non negotiable, it would have been wise to break up.
I see that your wife tried for whatever reason to get you to disclose your exact salary but you refused. Very wrong move for two important reasons
1. Your refusal would not foster trust. She will feel you dont trust her enough to be open about your finances. In turn she will not trust you. Thats serious!!!
2. She will assume that you have more money than you do. Hence her insistence on you funding everything.
The proper thing would have been to sit her down and let her in on the details of your finances. Then ask her to plan with you for the good of the family. But you set the stage for this disharmony in finances and trust me finances is one of the major catalyst for divorce.

My advice...If you guys do not hate each and suspect other already... Sit her down and apologise for your initial hesitation in opening up about your finances. Admit your mistake and ask her for forgiveness. Then tell her that you guys are a team and that from now on you guys would work on being there for each other and open communication is key. Bring your bank statement and show her. Be open and tell her your plans for the family. If she doesnt open up about her own finances that day, with time and encouragement she will especially if she is convinced that you have no interest in her money but you even want to show an interest in her business and her finances for the purpose of making it grow.

There is no need for contemplating divorce. Calm down, swallow your pride and work it out. Marriage is serious business. You cant just jump out as if you and her are boy friend and girl friend.

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by slimman007: 5:52pm On May 28, 2021
Bola146:
This is so deep, you saw the red lines but you ignored it. If you have told her to choose either to use money for the wedding or shop embarassed Why spent that much on a day or two days wedding when you still have many things to use money for You need to tell her siblings or parents how everything thsat happened, if she doesn't want to be submissive or abide with your earning, then let her go and learn more lessons from her parents house undecided she should be able to afford the rent na!!!! Must wives put heavy loads on their husbands She shouldn't have shouted, she can do daily or weekly contributions to pay for the rent sad Please don't ever argue nor fight with her, just pick one of your dresses and find a place to cool your head. It's too early to have hypertension jare

Sister,I have watch you closely ever since I joined nairaland and I am so amaze with the way you respond to issues whenever they are raised here.I must confess that your husband if you are married is a lucky man to have such an amazing wife like you.Even though I don't know you mere reading your response must times shows you are a woman with good heart a replica of that woman described in proverb 31.I don't mind to be your friend if you are single.I just love you keep doing good and God bless you abundantly.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by princewarri1985: 5:53pm On May 28, 2021
seanwilliam:

This is absolutely nonsense.. so na only man come suffer for life We should not be encouraging this nonsense..

Your wife has 1m, u have 2k and total money is 2k??

Make una stop encouraging entitlement mentality from these leeches y'all call wives
bro when i said if she has 1 million and you have 2k the total money at home is 2k is logical, there is a certain way you treat women, the dude is immature and not ready for marriage
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:53pm On May 28, 2021
YelloweWest:

A simple disclosure of salary would have avoided this...
he jumped into marriage because others were jumping

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Reex12(m): 5:58pm On May 28, 2021
Romanoff:

Anyone who marries someone that doesn't have any regard or respect for them had dug their grave already.
Indeed i agree nice input
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Bonjovi13: 5:58pm On May 28, 2021
MadamFay:

Then you never really loved her, if it's so easy for you to let go of her- in your own words, 'send her packing' like she's some maid who worked for you and now her contract is terminated.

Look, bro, love is commitment, it doesn't look out for just its own interests, but the interest of the other. One big mistake you've made is bringing your marital issues here on nairaland that there are lots of inexperienced, frustrated folks. Well, what you're experiencing now is normal. You've gotten off the honeymoon stage and now is the time where you both will begin to piss each other off, to understand yourselves better while setting boundaries. It's likely not going to be easy. It's not Nollywood.

You should have discussed these things prior to your union. You need to set boundaries. Be open though. Let her trust you, when a woman trusts you, she tends to relax. Let her know how much you earn. However, firmly let her know she would have to take care of her business from the business account because that's how a business should be operated. A business is an entity on its own. Even her transport fare should be expended from the business account, not your pocket. As for the home, you both need to decide how you would pull your resources together to run the home, it's paramount especially if you decide to start having children soon. Finance and miscommunication are two things that can cripple relationships.

Modified: Please try not to involve third parties from family, no matter what. It's a resentment builder and marriage killer.

I hadnt even read this comment before dropping my 2 cents. You are a wise and experienced person and I hope Op takes our advice instead of the dangerous advice that i am reading here

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Maobichek: 5:59pm On May 28, 2021
eeewise:
Telling your wife 100k plus range is very very ok
How can u live with a man and not able to gauge his financial level and know if he is struggling or not

Pls he married an entitled selfish woman who's mentality is skewed towards always being at the receiving end of care. This mindset is prevalent with women.

Thank you for being succinct but these days, some women earns more than their husbands. My point is simple, a wife and the husband should share things in common which includes: responsibilities, finances etc, this is where the power of 2 will make sense. I prefer not to live in secrecy with my wife cos secrecy breeds distrust and things like this, thank you.

Very few understand the concept of marriage , partnership and power of 2

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 5:59pm On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:
Lol... I don't know why this story is making me laugh out so loud.
Wait... You shouted at her and she fainted hahahahaaaa.... Are you odeyssey or a lion? Lol..

Well, first and foremost, you need to vomit that red pill you swallowed because that is the number one cause of your problems.

Then, if you have the money, renew the rent for her. You're her husband for crying out loud. Or why would you go and bring a lady out of her parents house and be maltreating her with your redpill baldadash?

Remember that pills have side effects. So this might just be one of them which could have a very bad outcome in your marriage if you don't spill it out now.

Oyen Redpill.

Modified:

All of you mentioning me to say spew trash, Im not surprised because its typical of most nairaland men to want a woman who will be sharing responsibilities with them. While out there, it's a different ball game.

If you know you can't cater for a woman,
leave her alone. You can't stay without a woman yet you are not willing to do what it entails to keep a woman.

For all of you, it's better to remain single than coming here to sound like a broken record. Minus OP though because OP is even still better than some of you.

Redpill kor, green pill ni. Yet they won't let my DM rest.

Tkor!

So you're indirectly telling them to settle for babymamas abi since keeping a wife at home entails their full-time responsibility of meeting all her needs even handkerchiefs for her crocodile tears?
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by seanwilliam(m): 6:00pm On May 28, 2021
princewarri1985:
bro when i said if she has 1 million and you have 2k the total money at home is 2k is logical, there is a certain way you treat women, the dude is immature and not ready for marriage

See as U dey talk..

The dude immature and he dey pay house rent
He's immature and he dey finance for food stuffs
He is immature and he dey give her 1k daily for tfare

You're nothing but a simp and a wicked human being ...

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Ghostmode2two(m): 6:04pm On May 28, 2021
Baba na you wear the shoe and na only you know where e dey pain you.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 28, 2021
emmnprince:

So you're indirectly telling them to settle for babymamas abi since keeping a wife at home entails their full-time responsibility of meeting all her needs even handkerchiefs for her crocodile tears?

Are baby mamas not women?

You men should try staying on your for sometime let's see.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Vipro(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2021
Follow your mind.

Everybody is just gushing out their opinion,only few are factual.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Reex12(m): 6:05pm On May 28, 2021
Romanoff:

btw did you get ur nickname from the avengers cheesy
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Maobichek: 6:06pm On May 28, 2021
bigpicture001:

Bro you talk as dou women are from another planet..tge inner soft nature of a woman mostly calms nerves at home...why didnt the wife play it calm and submissive ,many atimes this trick plays into a mans psyche.. And he witttles down..but a woman who want tit for tat is ready to be single

Baba, we still have genuine women despite all our women do these days. My concern is that he should have been open with his wife from day one.

Any woman who can't adjust during courtship will still not adjust in wedding and you must see the signs. He has spent over 1 million and just 7 months of marriage, this is happening.

In friendship/relationship, ppl can pretend and you will know but in marriage, it's a different ball game, thank you.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Romanoff(f): 6:06pm On May 28, 2021
Reex12:
btw did you get ur nickname from the avengers cheesy

I'm a huge fan.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by mikendie(m): 6:08pm On May 28, 2021
This story is just one-sided. If I don't hear your wife's side of the story, then my comment is reserved. BTW, she's finishing what you started.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Goldiness: 6:09pm On May 28, 2021
You mistake in the marriage is that you already have a bias mind about your wife, and your wedding expenses. You are a man, who should know what to do and how you control your home, secondly you made a great mistake by not disclosing your true salary to your wife, so she knows how to follow you financially, such things destroys marriage. How can you be saying you can't open shop for who you have not finished paying bride price for, even at that you both can discuss this things well like matured adulrs and you take the lead as a man that you are, but you are quarrelling her, and when you do that, you both become mates. See you have to make up you mind on how you will run your family, dictate your pace. Don't divorce your wife, challenges occurred in marriage you have to overcome them. Open up to your wife and both of you work together. Reduce your anger, remember how much you spent martyima her, remember when you were after her for marriage, love her unconditionally, she is your flesh. And tell your wife to stop insulting you, she should give you your respect. Both of you settle maturely.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by newinventions: 6:09pm On May 28, 2021
So you guys still marry these days without first sitting down to talk like mature adults. Do you think marriage about getting a lady, marry her and put her in your home and expect miracles.

Common, this is the 21st century. You hide things from your wife and expect peace. You didn't even study her to know the kind of person she is before jumping into marriage. Read books about marriage, na lie. See what you ve gotten yourself into.

God help you
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 28, 2021
socialmediaman:
[s]That thing wey you no like, your neighbor might be having sleepless nights to have it, be careful. Shebi two people were joint as one in marriage, so why are you hiding your salary from yourself? The fact that you have money doesn’t mean you should give it all to her, that’s why billionaires are also owing banks. Even if you have 10 million in your account, if your financial planning says don’t spend more than 100K at a time then it is what it is, explain it to her and you both should live by same standards. You’re lucky that you’re not living abroad, if she divorce you that money wey you de hide will be split in two[/s]

@igwebest23 grin

This one sef go call himself man lol, Na breeze dey your brain I swear. Worst SIMP I've ever seen In my entire life.....grin grin grin

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by DonCortino: 6:12pm On May 28, 2021
igwebest23:

you did not support her when she asked you to help, now you want her to support you. that was your first mistake.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 6:12pm On May 28, 2021
CharisEleos:

Are baby mamas not women?

You men should try staying on your for sometime let's see.

They are women. But I sense that's the level you have brought womanhood to by your previous advice. Another option spoken quietly from your mind.

I support a man-woman relationship in a marriage union, not a man-woman in a babymama relationship.
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by na2016: 6:12pm On May 28, 2021
OP: You have to speak to her parents and hear what they will say. If they are in support of their child, and they do not call her to caution, and she doesn't amend her ways clearly, I will suggest you send her back to the parents. When she is ready for the marriage, she will come back.

At this age, if a man takes all the bills, you may even die. Don't allow any human to tell you that divorce is not scriptural ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by generalwo(m): 6:13pm On May 28, 2021
berrystunn:

Are you married?
..... No..... Why
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by sodeide2013: 6:16pm On May 28, 2021
Dont let anyone tell you it has not gotten to the point of sending her away. Do so immediately. She will lead to your financial ruin and early death
Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 28, 2021
emmnprince:

They are women. But I sense that's the level you have brought womanhood to by your previous advice. Another option spoken quietly from your mind.

I support a man-woman relationship in a marriage union, not a man-woman in a babymama relationship.

Then let the men live up to their responsibilities and stop complaining.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Send My Wife Packing by emmnprince(m): 6:17pm On May 28, 2021
Kaymicheal852:

My brother ,REDPILL is just to know woman nature and be able to predict them ,woman are wonderful creatures and I love them so much, and I'll never advice you to dump your wife ,but I think the only thing you can do now is to ghost her completely and starved her of any attention ( don't take her food or sleep with her and don't bother to communicate with her again) just live your life like a bachelor (since you don't have kids yet and don't cheat on her )

If she don't come to you and ask what's happening,try to communicate and get you on her good side ,then you're single bro ,you don't have a wife and it's better to withdraw from having any kids with her

That means she definitely don't know a role of a husband in her life yet and she thinks she is on top of the world now because she is making money and will never respect you

As I have said earlier don't cheat on her , because when she found out you don't change to her because you have been sleeping with another woman ,she will be more devastated and come back begging on her kneels and she won't be able to put any blame on you

And if she doesn't come to you after all that then she don't mind losing you ,

After more than two months of ghosting her without cheating and she doesn't change,my brother ,get few clothes ,leave the house and move somewhere else and never look back

A word is enough for the wise

grin
This your advice ehnnn!

Well another approach of tackling a marital problem. But we've only heard one side of the story, we need to hear the other side (from his wife) before we can give a sound advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

Help My Husband Is Addicted To Pornography And Masturbation / Man Discovers Unclad Photos & Love Chat From A Woman On His Wife’s Phone / Newlywed Horrified To Discover Husband Has A Micropenis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.