Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,276 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? (38912 Views)

5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays / 5 Reasons Why There Are So Many Decent People Who Are Single Nowadays. / Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by smile11s(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2021
I read that there’s a sexplosion about to happen this year due to the pandemic and part of post COVID. I hope it’s true so single people can also jolly too
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 30, 2021
Do you think they have money in their pocket ?

You think starting a family is having a savings of N200k.

Many people find it hard to pay rent to landlords, talkless of pay NEPA bill.

This con3 sef.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Tonymegabush1(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2021
nenyewrites:

And loneliness that can lead you to poor relationship decisions in future.

Experience is the best teacher
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by sammirano2: 4:46pm On May 30, 2021
Nonsense. They will wait forever. By the time they are 50. They will find love.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by smile11s(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
SpecialNwa:
I need a companion..
Loneless is killing me...

If you step outside now, you will find a lot of people that can offer you companionship. But, the problem is that they are not your type, you are not their type or you are picky. Life no balance at all.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 30, 2021
Many decent people look for decent people in indecent outlooks.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Blessedassuranc(f): 4:50pm On May 30, 2021
BareFacedLies:
Competition is now very stiff

It's not about competition here. The dumb ones are those chasing and killing themselves over competition..Pls get that straight and stop feeling too cool with yourself... okay?

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Cokahot: 4:51pm On May 30, 2021
Ever since I got married to the money,my life ,my business. Naija ladies are all gluttons. Like seriously one sided greedy gluttons.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 30, 2021
SGANIVA:
well for people like us , decent , God fearing and own my own business but can't find a wife , don't know my problem or don't know the cause . don't feel lonely most times

You are too busy and have accumulated too much stress, plus you are spending too much time on social media. That's why you felt like you are not feeling lonely.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by yahmohy27: 4:52pm On May 30, 2021
Bafanna02:
Ladies don't like we the nice guys
so you are not a lady mehnn..
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by ABANGWABOI(m): 4:52pm On May 30, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:
Tying oneself down to just one toto is not an easy decision.

I prefer to remain single so I can be eating a different soup every week cheesy

Real OG..
Chop knuckle my paddy

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by SGANIVA(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2021
what is the way forward , what to do ?
FreelanceRebel:

You are too busy and have accumulated too much stress, plus you are spending too much time on social media. That's why you felt like you are not feeling lonely.
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Blessedassuranc(f): 4:55pm On May 30, 2021
SpecialNwa:
I need a companion..
Loneless is killing me...

Loneliness doesnt kill. Just learn to enjoy yourself alone and quietness that goes with it. I tell you ,you wont want and need unnecessary people around you. Infact you ll just love loving yourself...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by stanliwise(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2021
DaudaTheSexyGuy:
Tying oneself down to just one toto is not an easy decision.

I prefer to remain single so I can be eating a different soup every week cheesy
Until the moment comes you need a trusted mother figure for your kids.
You either take them to your Mom
Or you will take them to different women every week
grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by addictiv(m): 4:56pm On May 30, 2021
because most people overvalue and over rate themselves and want partners on their assumed level, instead of being realistic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Minjim: 4:58pm On May 30, 2021
Bafanna02:
Ladies don't like we the nice guys

You are breaking character dude!

Did you forget your sex?
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Cooleasy(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Yea. Then, people nowadays have set a seemingly unachievable standard for themselves in view of what's obtainable in the present day world. Hardly would you see a man who would want to marry in a single room. Hardly would you also see a lady who would marry a guy who's struggling or managing in one room with shared toilets...whereas the billionaires and successful men and women of today started their lives this way after marriage. Some even married and managed in a friend's house before being buoyant enough to rent an apartment.

No jobs yet, those managing small salary job believe they can't survive with that, as if they created themselves in this world. They've forgotten the fact that God is always there to turn things around. I've referred to my case in various instances here in the past. I married in a room apartment with a leaked roof. Our kitchen was located outside the house . Today, all I can say is, thank God because there's nothing my peer can lay hands on, globally that I can't afford, except private jets but when the time is ripe and God says I'd acquire one, it will happen.

Youths of nowadays can't start from little...both male and female alike and that's why some of them take to fraud, rituals which many call yahoo plus. If you ask them whyare theyinto such illicit acts, they'd tell you there's no job but if you ask whether they could take up a 50k job, na insult you dey find. I started with 11k salary nearly 2 decades ago. My wife earned almost same amount and we saved and rented the one room apartment after which we got married. I've dined with pres Obama and other prominent figures globally. I remember a day I visited my friend who was a driver in Naira Pool, a pool company off Allen. The owner was very rich. I once heard his son say, he would never settle for anything less than 100k minimum as a fresh graduate as of that time. I just graduated as well. 100k that time is like 400k now. The last time I saw him, he was operating a small laundry outfit in Allen avenue. Things dabaru after their father died.
You don't have to keep up with the jonesis in life. Make do with what you have and all will be alright. Our marriage was low-key and we've achieved far more than what those whom I knew growing up, who had expensive wedding published in ovation. I wonder why Africans don't copy the oyinbos smiley we always copy them wrongly and in the end , we find ourselves in a mess.
Good attitude. Great man.

1 Like

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Shugafree(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2021
Belial06:
[s][/s]
Kai this one is a talkative

This is what happens when a man has little thinking power and just fills the void with talking and talking

Guy you are a talkative

You talk too damn much , what the hell!!

Next time, u shouid say :
Guy,u are talkative
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Olanwafriday: 5:02pm On May 30, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Yea. Then, people nowadays have set a seemingly unachievable standard for themselves in view of what's obtainable in the present day world. Hardly would you see a man who would want to marry in a single room. Hardly would you also see a lady who would marry a guy who's struggling or managing in one room with shared toilets...whereas the billionaires and successful men and women of today started their lives this way after marriage. Some even married and managed in a friend's house before being buoyant enough to rent an apartment.

No jobs yet, those managing small salary job believe they can't survive with that, as if they created themselves in this world. They've forgotten the fact that God is always there to turn things around. I've referred to my case in various instances here in the past. I married in a room apartment with a leaked roof. Our kitchen was located outside the house . Today, all I can say is, thank God because there's nothing my peer can lay hands on, globally that I can't afford, except private jets but when the time is ripe and God says I'd acquire one, it will happen.

Youths of nowadays can't start from little...both male and female alike and that's why some of them take to fraud, rituals which many call yahoo plus. If you ask them whyare theyinto such illicit acts, they'd tell you there's no job but if you ask whether they could take up a 50k job, na insult you dey find. I started with 11k salary nearly 2 decades ago. My wife earned almost same amount and we saved and rented the one room apartment after which we got married. I've dined with pres Obama and other prominent figures globally. I remember a day I visited my friend who was a driver in Naira Pool, a pool company off Allen. The owner was very rich. I once heard his son say, he would never settle for anything less than 100k minimum as a fresh graduate as of that time. I just graduated as well. 100k that time is like 400k now. The last time I saw him, he was operating a small laundry outfit in Allen avenue. Things dabaru after their father died.
You don't have to keep up with the jonesis in life. Make do with what you have and all will be alright. Our marriage was low-key and we've achieved far more than what those whom I knew growing up, who had expensive wedding published in ovation. I wonder why Africans don't copy the oyinbos smiley we always copy them wrongly and in the end , we find ourselves in a mess.

God richly bless you for your insights sir.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Benwallt(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2021
I am on top of this list. Most importantly, my sanity. I wldnt know if this a problem, as in, if I gat my mind made up on something, nothing, I am mean nothing in this world can change it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Minjim: 5:03pm On May 30, 2021
smiliyB:
We plentyyy oo and you're right on point. We want those that don't want us, that's life sha cry Lol

Try compromise a bit.

I don't used to fancy chubby ladies until I went on a blind date with one.
I compelled myself to overcome my prejudice and later took a fancy in her.

We should lower our standard to thing we know can change with time. E.g weight, fashion sense, education
But certainly not to things that can never change. E.g Complexion, single motherhood
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by LikeAking: 5:04pm On May 30, 2021
Na Buhari
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Elock1: 5:07pm On May 30, 2021
Because I no get money
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by mikeget804: 5:08pm On May 30, 2021
Yes! Relationship is very expressive this days. Not like the economy is okay has it use to be. As a guy, u see a girl u would like to have something serious with, the next moment she want to hip all her financial stress on u. The question I use to ask the ladies is, "If d guy didn't approach u, won't u have solve your financial problem?"

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by humilitypays(m): 5:10pm On May 30, 2021
Because most decent single guys are broke, unemployed or struggling while the decent girls are greedy waiting for Tiger Woods shocked shocked

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Olodo24: 5:13pm On May 30, 2021
It's because they don't get appreciated in relationships
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by judgedredd22(m): 5:14pm On May 30, 2021
smiliyB:
We plentyyy oo and you're right on point. We want those that don't want us, that's life sha cry Lol

Una plenty... how many una dey? grin grin grin
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by lasisi69(f): 5:14pm On May 30, 2021
Generalkaycee:
Because decent people are looking for decent people too.
simple and short

2 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by optm(m): 5:15pm On May 30, 2021
Eriokanmi:

it can be difficult getting a partner willing to build life with you. Infact , You could get depressed from the nagging when the reality of struggling to meet up with bills sets in. Our value system has greatly changed and what worked then might not work now.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 30, 2021
SGANIVA:
what is the way forward , what to do ?

Start scout for reasonable one secretly
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by israelmao(m): 5:17pm On May 30, 2021
Is there any study to back up this claim?
Re: Why Are So Many Decent People Single Nowadays? by iamdapsyj(m): 5:20pm On May 30, 2021
iampeterben:
1. They have high expectations of their other half. When looking for a life partner, decent people will see if the other half is a good match for them. There may be many partial matches, but few perfect matches.

2. There are few quality people they can take a fancy to. The better the person, the fewer people of the same quality are around her, and the chances of meeting someone of her own calibre and developing a relationship are significantly lower.

3. They have high expectations of themselves and their future. They have goals they want to achieve in life and want to find someone who can make things happen for each other, not someone who will be a burden to them and hold them back.

4. They think there are other things in life that are more important than being in a relationship. They may be obsessed with their career, learning new skills and developing new hobbies, while a relationship may be seen as a waste of time and life.

5. They will carefully judge the sunk cost of being in a relationship. They will carefully assess the risks and benefits of a relationship and choose their partner carefully and deliberately, rather than just getting together with someone else.

6. They may already have someone in mind. This person may be someone she can never be with, but she is unwilling to find someone else to replace that person, so she stays single.

7. The person they like does not like them. The decent person may like someone who is better than her, but that person doesn't like her, and in that person's eyes, she may be an extremely ordinary person. The one who is not willing to settle for anything else will just wait and stays single.

8. They may not know what kind of partner they want. They may be good at business, friendships and platonic relationships, but not at romantic relationships and love. They also need to keep learning to get out of being single.

In general, finding a partner is not like finding a job, and many people want to wait until they are good enough to find a good person to spend their lives with. But the reality is that by the time you are good enough, you will have missed the right person and will not be able to find another one.

By:
Marcus Okoebor

Just last week here on nairaland, someone said she is having this issue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best Man Accused Of Marrying Groom’s Wife Speaks / My Girlfriend Has A Boyfriend! Please Advise Me / Runs Girls Have Taken Over Tinder In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.