Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,901 members, 7,828,178 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Before You Cut Off That Friendship. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Cut Off That Friendship. (21898 Views)

Why I Cut Off Contacts From My Family After Marrying My Nigerian Man- White Lady / Can Friends Have Good Sex And Still Keep It On That Friendship Level. / Man's Joystick Cut Off For Sleeping With A Married Woman. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by fasho01(m): 11:51am On Aug 19, 2021
There are some narcissistic people you just need to cut off cos they'll never be useful to you no matter what

18 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Johel(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2021
Toks2008:
I have lived for decades and i have had several friends .... I have had friends with very annoying manners but with an amazing heart of gold.

I have met ladies who are demonically stubborn but are loyal to the core, ladies who told me they can't date me but had stood by me come rain or shine...

I have met friends who act so arrogant but will always have my back whenever it is necessary ...people who do not have any money to give to me whenever I'm in need but their words of encouragement is worth millions.

The simple fact of life is that there is no need cutting off anyone from your life or consider them irrelevant to you at any point in time cos that person that drives you crazy might be the same person that will come through for you when you least expect...that person you feel is too poor to give you money might be the one that will link you with a life changing opportunity that will be worth more than all the money you have ever seen in your life...and the ex you are so angry with might still have a great impact in your life.

Appreciate everybody and be nice to them because there is something good and valuable in everyone we come across no matter how terrible we may think they are, even that tout you avoid so much might be the one that will save you from hoodlums tomorrow.

I like this...makes sense

1 Like

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by J2381: 11:53am On Aug 19, 2021
Nice write up. Still on still some friends or even girlfriends or boyfriends are just toxic. It's best to keep them at arms length.

No need being friends with people who are toxic and bring nothing but misery to your life.

14 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by alowonle02(m): 11:57am On Aug 19, 2021
Not all your friends that are good to your taste and not all your friends that bad but what you need do is to study which among them you should walk your life along with (I mean the one you can confide in) and take the rest as casual friends. You will learn from the the friends.

2 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by kense88: 11:58am On Aug 19, 2021
Chloraseptic:

Marijuana smoking friends are the best kinda friends anyone could ever wish for.

They are down to earth, easy going and open minded...

The only friend that should be cut off is that friend who is not attracted to other girls except your girl..
I dey feel you bro. Also add,
Friends that will never sacrifies there time(infact, they are never of any use) to assist you, even when you the same for them easily.
Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Faber(m): 12:01pm On Aug 19, 2021
Ok...

All you need in this life is one true loyal friend whom you can be rest assured that even when a gun is pulled on their heads...

They can still hold down all you told them.

What the hell are you doing with many friends. Also know that no friend will hang on you if you have nothing to offer or if you are not a potential gold mine. That's human nature. We thrive by inter dependence of one another.

Stop making friends anyhow. You just need one person or at most two trusted people around you. Below is my favorite quote from a Facebook friend.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
you try but it won't work on me.

all my friends smoke marijuana, me included.

but I want to give up the habit but their influence is much on me
keep smoking,one last pop can save your life.

typing from RM laptop

1 Like

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by razzydoo(m): 12:03pm On Aug 19, 2021
Lol, this op might be naive. You need not drop your guard. Inside life...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Workch: 12:04pm On Aug 19, 2021
You have to cut off some people to succeed in life, don’t live a life of delusion.

This is just motivational speech I swear, it only works on paper.

16 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by olaztek(m): 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2021
I only cut off people that are toxic and desperate to ruin my life.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by tujays(m): 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
Sebastine1994:
you try but it won't work on me.

all my friends smoke marijuana, me included.

but I want to give up the habit but their influence is much on me
maryjane smokers are the realest. the most down to earth and considerate humans. not a criminal turned igbo smoker tho coz those ones their Inspiration is how to commit more crimes. but a cooperate igbo smoker, a goal driven igbo smoker. igbo will ginger and push your dreams. be it good or bad. I don't smoke anymore coz of respiratory issues. but I take cannabis THC oil. very medicinal and high me too just like smoking but in a healthy way.

7 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Brushstrokes20: 12:08pm On Aug 19, 2021
I partially concur!.. Like yoruba I'll say "Eni buruku lojo ire tie"

... But there are certain people that NOTHING can ever make me reconsider or reconcile with....

undecided NEVER!... Not in life or after life

... If I could turn back the hands of time , I WISH I NEVER MET SOME PEOPLE undecided

3 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2021
I examine the way you treat me when you want something and the way you treat me after you get it or if I can’t give it at that particular time. That tells me if it’s okay to have you in my life

4 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Aplaudez(m): 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
At this point of my life, I've noticed over time that friends who are doing very well than you are will always want your service free of charge knowing fully well that they're doing well than you are.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Lexicon123: 12:14pm On Aug 19, 2021
Toks2008:
I have lived for decades and i have had several friends .... I have had friends with very annoying manners but with an amazing heart of gold.

I have met ladies who are demonically stubborn but are loyal to the core, ladies who told me they can't date me but had stood by me come rain or shine...

I have met friends who act so arrogant but will always have my back whenever it is necessary ...people who do not have any money to give to me whenever I'm in need but their words of encouragement is worth millions.

The simple fact of life is that there is no need cutting off anyone from your life or consider them irrelevant to you at any point in time cos that person that drives you crazy might be the same person that will come through for you when you least expect...that person you feel is too poor to give you money might be the one that will link you with a life changing opportunity that will be worth more than all the money you have ever seen in your life...and the ex you are so angry with might still have a great impact in your life.

Appreciate everybody and be nice to them because there is something good and valuable in everyone we come across no matter how terrible we may think they are, even that tout you avoid so much might be the one that will save you from hoodlums tomorrow.
Very apt and timely. Thanks for this piece.
Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Vince77(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2021
This one neva meet my village people

3 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by TeeFriz: 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2021
I have a question, is it right cutting off someone who took interest in one of your girls thereby saying all sort to have a good record with her and also same person ready to take shelter off your head cause of a little misunderstanding?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Faber(m): 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2021
Workch:
You have to cut off some people to succeed in life, don’t live a life of delusion.

This is just motivational speech I swear, it only works on paper.

Na small pikin wey dey primary school fit follow op's advice.

If no be say I cut some people off earlier this year I for suffer like before again this year. And some are hovering around with backward spirits you cannot progress with them around you.

5 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Goldenheart(m): 12:21pm On Aug 19, 2021
Oh really
Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by ProfGday(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]You're so on point with your writeup.. Kudos to you
Toks2008:

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by benqo01(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2021
I will continue saying one thing always look at the good side of people,some people do Bleep up atimes but always consider the good side of them.

People re not perfect so are you,I try as much as possible to keep a level playing ground for everyone.

Las Las we go dey okay
Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by caandi: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2021
I get your point but the truth is that not everyone would be relevant to you. You must not be friends with everyone, some people come to your life to shatter it! Know this and know peace

5 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Educonomist: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2021
Nice write up, but I can't keep friends who only remember you when they need something from you and also friends who never want you to make money like them

5 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by LordKO(m): 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2021
Quasi-balderdash! Those who stand for nothing fall for anything. There is a thin line between indulgence and condoning; the latter ought not to be encouraged as you did because it is one of the easiest ways people usually use to destroy themselves (health-wise and economically) and society in general. If only you know the depth of damage condoning of nonsense in a bid to be in the good book of everyone does to one's well-being and society in general, you will discard this notion and idea with alacrity.

Always strive to do what you know is right at any given time, whether palatable or not, and damn whatever any unscrupulous entity thinks or how hir will react. Build your life around justness, your hope around your occupation, and only have hope on others without building it around them.

One of the highest and most fulfilling points of living is reaching the height of not minding losing anyone/anything in principle and staying conscientious.

6 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Maobichek: 12:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
[quote author=Prettyclown post=102265879]

Only if he can see this sad[/quot

I feel your plight okay, time heals relationship wounds, do your possible best to be happy within your ability.

Anything that can make you strong from the inside, please go for it, be calm and bold, don't always stay alone and idle, God's grace as you emerge a better, stronger lady.

1 Like

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Ranameer: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Even the fake friends?
Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Rilwayne001: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
Anything that costs your peace of mind or constantly undermine you should be cut off.

Keep your enemies close, watch your friends.
My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by OBoy50: 12:36pm On Aug 19, 2021
smiley
Quite enlightening...
But you need to cut off from fools,liar, pretenders and greedy friends.

3 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Maobichek: 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2021
Toks2008:

See in most cases, those annoying friends are the real deal.

To those who can see and be patient. I greet you Sir, a pioneer Nairalander that I know.

1 Like

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by OkuFaba(m): 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2021
I have a childhood friend who finally ventured into Yahoo Yahoo, made money and now feels like he should be worshipped..

Dude is arrogant and talks to everyone anyhow. I never asked for money or help from him but he made a statement and I cut off every friendship with him. I can't associate with such people.

Like the saying,
MONEY DOESN'T CHANGE YOU, IT REVEALS WHO YOU TRULY ARE.
I finally knew who he was wished him goodluck and we can never be friends again

Another fake friend I called a friend, after condemning my lady cos I took her to my parents, I left for another state cos of work, never called me or asked how the new work was, went straight to hustle my fiancée number, and tried to woe her to bed.
I didn't believe my woman until she sent me a screenshots of his chats to her, I was just dumbfounded.
Fake friends are everywhere, I'm no more interested in making new friends, I'm seiving out the fûçked up ones I got.

9 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by OkuFaba(m): 12:40pm On Aug 19, 2021
Educonomist:
and also friends who never want you to make money like them
you see these set of people, fear them. They are worst than village people

2 Likes

Re: Before You Cut Off That Friendship. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2021
The biggest issue we have is that most people interpret keeping your distance from them as you holding grudges against them.
It's a wide line that most people tend to bundle everything together.
One can decide to keep distance for their sanity sake,peace of mind and freedom without necessarily holding grudges against you.
Your average Nigerian once you start establishing boundaries with them they start feeling you're holding grudges against them.
There are situations that demands you establish boundaries and keep your distance from certain people without holding grudges ,and there are some situations in life that demands you cutting people off totally from your life for your peace of mind and mental health without engaging in violence feud with them.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"She Brought Out Her Breast " See What A Nigeria Babe Wore To Church (photos) / I Think My Fiance Does Not Have A Hole For Penetration Of Penis In Her Vagina. / Pls What Is The Difference Between Genotype As And sc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.