Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,323 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:19 AM

Funny Marriage Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Funny Marriage Proposal (21624 Views)

Funny Marriage Advice From Married Men / Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2008
A friend of mine just asked me to post this. I refused at first but she kept begging me too.

Said her boyfriend took her for lunch today and told her "I have finally decided to marry you". She said she was so pissed, and told him to take his proposal and shove it, now she is wondering if she was too harsh, she has been with the guy through thick and thin for four years and she feels (rightly I think oh) that the guy should have come up with a more romantic and respectful proposal. What do you think?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2008
Her reply shld've been: I have finally decided u're no good.

Imagine the lack of tact. angry
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by sylvao2000(m): 2:01pm On Mar 04, 2008
@aisha2

That was too poor for the guy, he should have propose to her on the phone, or on a third mainland bridge tracfic that could have look more romantic, aisha2 dont you think so?
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by viviyn(f): 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ aisha2
I personally think the guy is particularly unfeeling. Could have as well asked her if she has decided to get married.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Him(m): 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2008
insensitive from the guy but a bit harsh from the girl.
She could have put it in a better way.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by donchichi: 3:32pm On Mar 04, 2008
Thats just sad. I'm a guy o, but thats just sad.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 3:33pm On Mar 04, 2008
Funny guy. . . this is the type that think he's doing the lady a favour. angry

The lady was harsh, but it's worth it, so frustrating!
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2008
It sounds funny sha, " I have finally decided to marry you" No be small thing oh, I am still laughing and my friend just dey vex.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tommyex(m): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2008
yea,mayb the guy is a comedian like me cool
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 3:40pm On Mar 04, 2008
tommyex:

yea,mayb the guy is a comedian like me cool
Seriously, are u? undecided
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Pepeye(f): 3:51pm On Mar 04, 2008
My heart goes out to your friend it was a final blow to her self esteem
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by tommyex(m): 5:10pm On Mar 04, 2008
Seriously, are u?

In a way,but not a stand up comedian,mayb Sit-down grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 04, 2008
chai. what a waste. and to think you'da been toasting their happiness if he'd followed george orwell's rule and kept it simple (silly).

'marry me' woulda done very nicely, instead of all this mess and heartache.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2008
what's the difference tommy? undecided
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Bblak(f): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2008
That was quite insensitive of the guy.He must have thought he was doing the lady a favour What a proposal sad
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by amsky(m): 5:39pm On Mar 04, 2008
angry angry

Pls give the guy's addy. I'll lie him across my thighs,whip him soundly and send him to bed without dinner.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 5:44pm On Mar 04, 2008
Is he not a Nigerian? grin I am suprised he did not come up with worse.  Usually they make plans without even letting you know. If na me a go just smile one "wayo" smile. . . . pretend to be really thrilled. Then thank him well in the bedroom! grin

Awobi!

Please tell her to relax before he changes his mind.  All she needs to to is correct him nicely. . . . . .at least till she gets what she wants! kiss He sounds like an Officer in Charge.  At least let her let him think that for now. All this one she is raking so, she will go back and repropose to the dude and of course he will just kick her arse to the curb.  He has found out one or two reasons not to marry her for sure. Quick temper and lack of diplomacy! Kai! The reason I say some will remain single for life. Una no sabi go market at all. Bible no be everything ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!! cheesy

These girls of nowadays sef.  Poor gamblers!!!  Losers!
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by idupaul: 5:54pm On Mar 04, 2008
She should count herself lucky, Thousands of chicks are out there waiting for a man to just say "I have" talk more of "finally decided to " dem neva see, and here we have a chick that heard FINALLY DECIDED TO MARRY YOU, and she complaining , abeg ur friend no get problem jo.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by bawomolo(m): 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2008
Said her boyfriend took her for lunch today and told her "I have finaly decided to marry you".

what is bad about this. must the guy rent a room at the Sheraton or Marriott hotel to show his love for the womn?? i used to think it was the thought that counts. maybe not with some chicks. jeez, there are many spinsters that would willingly take her place.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dreloaded(f): 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2008
Why is it that guys like to jump onto each other's offence without trying to see it from the FEMALE side.

Did anyone say she was complaining on how the proposal lacked extravagance? The problem is how he WORDED it. Is that really hard to comprehend? Seriously?

who the hell says "I've finally decided to marry you", like they are doing the person a favor.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2008
D-reloaded:

Why is it that guys like to jump onto each other's offence without trying to see it from the FEMALE side.

Did anyone say she was complaining on how the proposal lacked extravagance? The problem is how he WORDED it. Is that really hard to comprehend? Seriously?

who the hell says "I've finally decided to marry you", like they are doing the person a favor.

There is no female side to this mess. She is just as rude and guilty as he is.  Is that how she plans to do the marriage? You are concerned with the words? grin You have not seen anything yet.  It is a learning process ok?  If she does not start now to approach him gently, in a loving manner, they both lose if there is a good thing going for them.  Just for poor communication.  When she gets inside the marriage what will she do then?

Imagine, she told him to "take his proposal and shove it"! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin That is very good.

All she should have said is haba honey, I have also decided to marry you too, and joked over it.

It takes a gentle nature to solve simple matters.  Leave all these ones I am doing on Nairaland. If it were a man proposing to me, I would definitely be at my best behaviour till we have exchanged rings. Now that is how you deal with a Nigerian man. wink  Then anything goes! cheesy
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by Dreloaded(f): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2008
I'm not talking about how she reacted AJ. I'm going by the title of the thread and the clueless comments implying that she was mad because it wasnt "extravagant"/romantic enough.

You can take me to the island of Bermuda on their pink sands and I'd still be ticked by such a stupid STATEMENT. Lol it wasnt even a question Btw, but a bloody statement.
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by debosky(m): 6:24pm On Mar 04, 2008
almondjoy:

It takes a gentle nature to solve simple matters. Leave all these ones I am doing on Nairaland. If it were a man proposing to me, I would definitely be at my best behaviour till we have exchanged rings. Now that is how you deal with a Nigerian man. wink Then anything goes! cheesy

men please note - all that 'submissiveness' may be just for you to pop the question. . .shine ya eye oh! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Play(m): 6:25pm On Mar 04, 2008
I don't know who was more 'silly',the man with his tactless proposal or the lady with her verbal diarrheic response.They fit each other grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 6:26pm On Mar 04, 2008
D-reloaded:

I'm not talking about how she reacted AJ. I'm going by the title of the thread and the clueless comments implying that she was mad because it wasnt "extravagant"/romantic enough.

You can take me to the island of Bermuda on their pink sands and I'd stop be ticked by such a stupid STATEMENT. Lol it wasnt even a question Btw.

But that is the insinuation. . . .  that she was not happy with the way he approached her.  The title of the thread and the lady's behaviour which is worse? undecided

The lady was so rude I swear.  Forgetting you are dealing with a 'typical" Nigerian bush man!  Probably never left his village not to talk of gettin' down on one knee and proposing. grin By the way he worded the proposal you can only imagine he eats with rice falling out of his mouth flying across to other guests sitting across the table.  She has been dating this guy long enough to know better ke? cheesy

Let me tell you something dear girl, women make their men what they want them to be. . . . . . . .and it takes years to accomplish that if at all!  Those rough edges will be so smooth with patience and playing the right cards ma dear.  No be gra gra them dey take hook husband oh! grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2008
debosky:

men please note - all that 'submissiveness' may be just for you to pop the question. . .shine ya eye oh! grin grin

Is that not what you guys want? cheesy  Cunning man die, cunning man bury am.  Who born monkey? grin

4 Play:

I don't know who was more 'silly',the man with his tactless proposal or the lady with her verbal diarrheic response.They fit each other grin

I say the woman is worse.  The man gave one slap, she retaliated with two for no reason. grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2008
debosky:

lol grin. . . if u want, remain single! grin
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by debosky(m): 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2008
@ efuah

single ke? I don arrange myself. . .thank God for enlightened parents who showed me the way.

the girl no try sha - the man was simply saying what was going on in his mind. For most men, getting married is a struggle and they eventually convince themselves with pros and cons and accept the final package. He finally decided based on his analysis, simple! cool

The mistake he made was not 'coding' the message into 'feminine language' - i.e roses, bended knee, 'you are the apple of my eye' and all that stuff. Apart from that, he didn't do anything wrong, him try go for lunch sef. . .in this day and age people dey get dem proposal ontop okada so she should be grateful tongue grin

1 Like

Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2008
debosky:

@ efuah

single ke? I don arrange myself. . .thank God for enlightened parents who showed me the way.
Ok ooo, i ope u arranged wella wink

debosky:

the girl no try sha - the man was simply saying what was going on in his mind. For most men, getting married is a struggle and they eventually convince themselves with pros and cons and accept the final package. He finally decided based on his analysis, simple! cool

The mistake he made was not 'coding' the message into 'feminine language' - i.e roses, bended knee, 'you are the apple of my eye' and all that stuff. Apart from that, he didn't do anything wrong, him try go for lunch sef. . .in this day and age people dey get them proposal ontop okada so she should be grateful tongue grin
rofl. . . abeg dnt kill me with laughter grin grin grin Anyway, the girl didn't try n that is the more reason why she asking for opinions here. . . prolly scared she might loose the guy. undecided
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by almondjoy(f): 6:52pm On Mar 04, 2008
debosky:

@Apart from that,

he didn't do anything wrong,

him try go for lunch sef. . .in[b] this day and age people dey get them proposal ontop okada so she should be grateful[/b] tongue grin

Oooooooooooooooooooooh!  Thank you lord for the great "getaway"! grin

O-TU-RU-G-B-E-K-E  Oooooooooooooooooooooooh!

Na real okada proposal! grin

The man did not do anything wrong at all.  Maybe because I am not the sentimental type.  I do not beef about such things.  If he likes let him plan the wedding by himself and let me know on the last day.  As long as it is what I want, the show must go on! kiss
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by efuah(f): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2008
Lol AJ grin. . . u're a hard rock! grin

I agree with u somehow. No matter the package it came wt, u gotta accept it in good faith if the comodity in that package is what u're really expecting. grin. . . the dirty box does nt matter at all grin tongue
Re: Funny Marriage Proposal by 4Him(m): 7:02pm On Mar 04, 2008
Man almondjoy get plenty of experience o! These your responses should be carefully packaged into a book titled "how to get the Nigerian male eating out your hands in no time".

I agree with you though, the girl may just have thrown away the entire proposal for that tactless response. It will take a lot of begging to get him to even repeat the very same statement again. grin Women sef na wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

A Nairalander Deactivated Because She Couldn't Handle The Truth. / Our Greed For Money & Flashy Things Can Never Lead Us Anywhere - Nigerian Lady / Ladies: Don't Make Yourself A Target - Bamisepeters' Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.