Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,935 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? (24270 Views)

5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business / What Was The Most Important Lessons You've Learned In Life? / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by lifeandjoy: 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oluwapresley:
If I start to talk, when I go finish?

People are not what they seem. The worst are the ones that claim spiritual! Let me repeat myself; the worst of them are the ones that claim spiritual - any small thing, God told me this, God told me that.

Long story short, lost close to 2m in an investment with a Christian friend. Then the story changed. Started to see unchristian attitudes from the person.
:oSorry bro

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Teejaney88(m): 3:12pm On Sep 10, 2021
NO WOMAN loves you....
They are with you because of what they'll benefit from you

16 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Kokaine(m): 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2021
People don't appreciate. Do good deeds for God sake only. The same people you help will accuse you tomorrow of neglect. Even if you cut your head and put in a plate with pepper soup for people, they will still accuse you of not frying it.

So just please God and live your life.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
I've learnt not to insert my ATM cards in the hole of any POS machine again!.......the really thought me a lesson I can never discard!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 10, 2021
Was accused of stealing her 70k and arrested by a trusted friend a week after I told her my boyfriend surprised me with a new phone and house rent..

Babe got jealous ohh,next thing I saw her coming with policemen to the hospital I'm working...
To cut it short...I spent a night in Nigeria police cell cos my dad refused coming and my boyfriend wasn't around...I was bailed the next day and was asked to pay the money in 3weeks..

Some weeks later,she confessed she was only jealous and apologized

I learnt to stop keeping friends and trusting people so easily the hard way sad

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by teelaw4life(m): 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
To be successful in most of life's endeavours, you must become a predator.

14 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Szilard: 3:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
Preshieben:
Was accused of stealing her 70k and arrested by a trusted friend a week after I told her my boyfriend surprised me with a new phone and house rent..

Babe got jealous ohh,next thing I saw her coming with policemen to the hospital I'm working...
To cut it short...I spent a night in Nigeria police cell cos my dad refused coming and my boyfriend wasn't around...I was bailed the next day and was asked to pay the money in 3weeks..

Some weeks later,she confessed she was only jealous and apologized

I learnt to stop keeping friends and trusting people so easily the hard way sad

Jeez, WTF!

People dey oo

Reason why I don't really have close friends.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Tenshades(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
Preshieben:

To cut it short...I spent a night in Nigeria police cell

Hope you've cut links with her finally because she might poison you soon.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by zeestone99(m): 3:27pm On Sep 10, 2021
wunmi590:

I do good samaritan and lend or even sometimes gives out money...

But when it's my turn to borrow money from people nah story, they feel because I give out freely, i can't be broke too...

I have learnt to keep my money too even if i have alot to spare

Keep doing good, don't expect anything in return and your kind will find you. Don't give up

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2021
Tenshades:

Hope you've cut links with her finally because she might poison you soon.

no be you go tell me that one ohh..

Like I'm done with anything called friendship with my fellow girls undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 10, 2021
Szilard:

Jeez, WTF!

People dey oo

Reason why I don't really have close friends.
I've joined you already bro

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Boniee(m): 3:31pm On Sep 10, 2021
Neva expect from nobody....nobody owes yu shit

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by BigDawsNet: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
kenny5811:
i learn say school/education na scam... 3yrs afta graduation i still dnt hv a job nd age jst dey increase slowly n steadily... wasted 5yrs studying mech.eng....

My best advice

If you can drive ..pled with ur family to buy you a corrola...and run Uber...you can make average of 150/m after fuel, maintenance expensive

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Tenshades(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
Preshieben:
no be you go tell me that one ohh..

Like I'm done with anything called friendship with my fellow girls undecided

Better...friendship is overrated

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Draggun(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
I learned never to trust anyone no matter what. A very close friend of mine and I did a job and got paid a huge amount of money, approximately $5k. He was sent the money because he had the means to but he denied ever receiving the money despite the evidence glaring at us. I just let it slide because I knew something better was coming and it came, since then my eyes and brain sharp pass anything.

15 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by wunmi590(m): 3:36pm On Sep 10, 2021
zeestone99:

Keep doing good, don't expect anything in return and your kind will find you. Don't give up

Thank you cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Babastrong(m): 3:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
S*X. I learnt it the hard way.
1. when i was in SS 2, i was raped by 3 senior female students.
2. Also when i was in 100level as a fresher, a female lecturer lured me in and raped me but this later turned to an enjoyment because she keeps coming again, again and again till i finished my program.
so, this is the hard ways i learned to enjoy it.
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by holyfather(m): 3:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Juliusmalema2:
Never to trust Buhari ever again in my life. Wailers warned me that year.
Rather too late

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by bouncin04(m): 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
Life is scam

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by okpukpu(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
Life is suffering

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Lamanii22(f): 4:11pm On Sep 10, 2021
wunmi590:

Aunty, I don learn to dey keep my money inside my pocket, nah only my family I know now

Me too ooo.... It's only my family ooo... They do so much for me... They didn't even look at the fact that I am married.... They help me always....
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Bahamas95(m): 4:14pm On Sep 10, 2021
Never to lend anyone money again, they don't ever pay me back.....The few that will manage to pay will stress me out first.

I have decided that if anyone asks me for 10k for instance I will prefer to dash him/her the money if I have. Or dash a lesser amount and save myself the stress of begging someone to pay me back my money......Most Nigerians are heartless debtors.

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by sammy7410(m): 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2021
Football bet
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
davibid:
Fx
Are you still trading grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by olawalesammy(m): 4:41pm On Sep 10, 2021
[quote author=Bola146 post=102369838] lipsrsealed To trust any female or love male again especially in a relationship,

must be a bad experience ,at some point you have to trust someone
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Abdogood(m): 4:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
Never to trust any Fulani man.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by SALLYBERRY01(m): 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Pootle:

share yours so we can shares ours

Sorry bosses I was not aware this post will get to front page.

Let me share mine.
1) Life is hard if your parents are poor, freinds and family will dissociate themselves from you.

2) money is very important.
3) Corruption is everywhere, just like my school before your letter get to Hod secretary will request for Gala or card.
4) Anybody can change anytime, don't trust nobody. The amount of pastors and alfa that has started bombing in my school is high, Satan is wining soul.
5) Oppression is real, forget about contentment, you can still feel oppressed.
6) Have money or you go suffer.
7) If you want to help anyone, Do it for God, not for any reward for yourself or your children.
9) nobody owe you SHIT either your family or friends , you can ask but if you are not given don't get angry because nobody owe you shit.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Holaomoakin(m): 4:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
Always expressing negativity, and treating people badly.
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
imoowo:
Do not trust women
I will take this serious

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Hassanmaye(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Warriboy1234567:
Never pray or tempt God to give you true love and take d money instead... Cos true luv for hunger be like aboki wey wear coat, everybody dey laf am...

Another one, never trust a woman, no Mata how her love strong reach.

Which Aboki definitely not educated Aboki

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Buffalo2(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
To help pple get job in my place ni. I have tried it's on 4 occasions and the result was pathetic

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help / 5 Ways LinkedIn Can Help you Achieve Success in your career. / Nigerian High Commission London Changes Staff Status To “self-employed”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.