Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? (24295 Views)

5 Things I Have Learned From Working In A One Man Business / What Was The Most Important Lessons You've Learned In Life? / 3 Life Lessons I Learned From A Shoe Cobbler - Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Depopular(m): 7:32pm On Sep 10, 2021
I've learnt not to give anybody more than they need

8 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by teeboi07(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Forgiveness....
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
I have learned that no one really cares for you more than yourself not even you parents.

Anyone who keeps helping you wants something in return even your parents want something in return for caring for you.

Never feel you are too important, you can be replaced anytime, so take life easy no go kill yourself.

There is no better feeling than when you have what is yours, be it cars, clothes, food house, children etc

The most important thing you need in life is life, without life it's over.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by DoctorStylish: 7:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Always conceal your intentions
No one should know too much about you
Friends will betray you the world might fall your hands but Minoxidil is everlasting

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by jully29(f): 7:56pm On Sep 10, 2021
Loving the wrong person.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Onnasucs1(m): 8:23pm On Sep 10, 2021
No one really gives a fvck about you unless your family.

Define what you want from people early enough, if not they'll define what they need from you and you won't be able to say shit.

No matter how you try, very bad days will come and you won't be able to do shit about it.

Love is suffering

10 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by maybet081: 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
On the road to success ,at some point it seems the road have ended,never stop the journey hang on like there is no other road,that is just a road block not the end of the road, success will always wait for the most resilient candidate.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Aurelius1(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2021
teelaw4life:
To be successful in most of life's endeavours, you must become a predator.
Only the wise would see real sense in this. Let me simplify, if you want to succeed, pity no one. Be ruthless and focus on the prey(your ambition).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by SamsonJohn743(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
Trading the forex/crypto market.
I realize how bleeped up my emotions ��

1 Like

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by doscar(m): 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2021
Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge is a pleasure.

11 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by adollyboy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
To be kind or helpful to a jobless neighbor, and it cost me my job.Now am jobless. Its a bitter experience. I regret helping him.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by WFKruger: 9:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
In Nigeria, if you like a girl don't ask her out cos you gonna get rejected. Don't even tell her you like cos you'll end up in the friend zone or enemy zone as the case may be

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by freshbear(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
Betrayal.
Got a job to head an organization back in 2017.Chairman said he needs an accountant current one was milking him out.Got this friend whose wife was an accountant but jobless.Told him abt the job(he was also without job).Thru my influence his wife got d job but turned around to gang up against me.I was bitter.i resigned and left.last year, chairman called me and pleaded that I should comeback because things were going under.Folks,she was the only one that kicked against my return.chairman told my this in confidence after I politely turn down the offer that I am in a better place.(federal staff).
The betrayal affected my close friendship with my guy.Buddies before we got married.I completely blocked them from my life.What shocked me was the fact that he went with his wife to chairman's house to lobby against my return.Two jobless peeps I was trying to help.Woman that came last in the aptitude test but I use my influence to get her the job primarily because of their job situation.
After almost four years of not seeing yesterday he showed up in my house trying to form friendship.I have long moved on.made him understand that yesterday.Not sure he will wanna pay me a visit again.

12 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Tolzy11(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2021
madukaanaya:
gambling has finished me but now am wiser
Is it that you've stop gambling or you have mastered the game .

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Gibssy(m): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2021
Never to borrowed out money to people even if they mean to cry blood.
Imagine, I lend a girl money cuz she cried to me that I schl portal will soon closed that I shld pls borrow ,bkuz she have asked all her colleagues all to no avail. Except if she will pay me tonight. I've not heard from since that day
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by 77star: 11:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
Simpledude0847:
Don't you ever date ladies in their early 20s. Omo!!!! I wan mad
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by 77star: 12:02am On Sep 11, 2021
seyz91:
cheesy
wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy ur laughter made me laugh
u can relate with sapa, right? grin
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Tallest45(m): 12:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Never force anyone to love you.... Always be good to people.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by HandsomeD: 12:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Never lend what you cannot let go
Never please people to displease yourself
Change is constant in people never reveal your plans.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by TVTKOKO(m): 1:44am On Sep 11, 2021
ThothHermes:
Life is Spiritual
Wisdom is the principal thing
not spiritual perse bro, because if you say spiritual, people would liken it to the religion base.
Life is wired beyond what bare eyes could see. Something like METAPHYSICAL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Gfskw: 2:23am On Sep 11, 2021
Survivor
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by davibid: 3:42am On Sep 11, 2021
Ogademo1:

Are you still trading grin

Yeah, you trade too?
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Lukaku95: 5:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Draggun:
I learned never to trust anyone no matter what. A very close friend of mine and I did a job and got paid a huge amount of money, approximately $5k. He was sent the money because he had the means to but he denied ever receiving the money despite the evidence glaring at us. I just let it slide because I knew something better was coming and it came, since then my eyes and brain sharp pass anything.
yahoo

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by creamyzone: 5:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Simplythebest:
Please guys how can i create a trend cus i have something that has been bothering me to share. Just got admission outside the country in europe precisely but unfortunately i can't be able to afford the school fees cus people i hope on disappointed me now i want to sell my 1 plot of land at ikorodu precisely the land is located at Imota inside an estate and people have already started living in that estate. Pls if u are interested in buying the land pls contact me i will be glad cus i don't wanna miss this opportunity. The price of the land is N2.4m and also if u no anywhere i can get a low i don't mind using the land as collateral. Pls help a brother and God will bless you always.

Is the land still available
I am interested.
Chat me up with full details
0703-0000-416.

My advice to you as a real estate consultant, don't sell the whole plot. Sell only half and keep half for the future.

It's painful to have an opportunity that has a time frame like studying abroad. I can also relate to your situation in 2009. Just think positive and commit your ways to God bro. You will excel and succeed in Jesus name. Chat me up

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Draggun(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2021
Lukaku95:
yahoo
You must be really dumb for you to think that everyone who make an income in Dollars engage in cyber crime.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Lukaku95: 7:30am On Sep 11, 2021
Draggun:

You must be really dumb for you to think that everyone who make an income in Dollars engage in cyber crime.
say no to cyber crime !!
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by Shuggaa: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2021
Limassol:
Some of them are some of the realest gees you will ever meet.

Swears bro...
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by GeneralKoko(m): 9:31am On Sep 11, 2021
kenny5811:
i learn say school/education na scam... 3yrs afta graduation i still dnt hv a job nd age jst dey increase slowly n steadily... wasted 5yrs studying mech.eng....

With the way you typed this like a child , you don't deserve a job .
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by seyz91(m): 9:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Sure

Sapa na baddest nigga
77star:

wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy ur laughter made me laugh
u can relate with sapa, right? grin
Re: What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? by GeneralKoko(m): 9:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Preshieben:
Was accused of stealing her 70k and arrested by a trusted friend a week after I told her my boyfriend surprised me with a new phone and house rent..

Babe got jealous ohh,next thing I saw her coming with policemen to the hospital I'm working...
To cut it short...I spent a night in Nigeria police cell cos my dad refused coming and my boyfriend wasn't around...I was bailed the next day and was asked to pay the money in 3weeks..

Some weeks later,she confessed she was only jealous and apologized

I learnt to stop keeping friends and trusting people so easily the hard way sad

Godforbid!!!!!
Girls are crazy and irrational!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Github Fires Its Entire India Engineering Team, Over 140 Employees Hit / Everything To Know About The Special Boat Service (SBS) / I Suffer From Stage Fright - Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.