Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant (58507 Views)

If You Are Guilty Of Getting A Girl Pregnant & Abandoned Her For Years, Do This! / I Got A Girl Pregnant & This Is My Punishment - Man With Placard In PortHarcourt / 13-Year-Old Russian Girl Pregnant For Her 10-Year-Old Boyfriend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by benji93: 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
First bolded: I am sorry, but the Bible says so. If the Bible is silent on a matter, then you can do as the spirit directs you. In that case to everyone his own.
And you clearly missed the point. The entire post doesn't include the guy expressing the intention of marrying the lady. He was talking about telling his parents he got a Tiv girl pregnant. So you saying that i am criticizing the marriage between pregnant brides and their grooms is not true. I clearly stated that it would be Ok if they got married, in which case if the parents are properly introduced to each other, and they are faithful to one another they would be seizing from continuing in Sin. And is that not a good thing. Strive to avoid sin. Now i am stressing on Christian values because the first bolded statement is not useful.

In fact not telling your parents about this girl before impregnating her is a problem, if you are really serious about her. Now calling your parents and saying ooo, Sarah is pregnant ooo, and we would like to get you our parents to know each other is something else. I would probably not bring up the immorality of pre-marital sex cos although it is, it's not necessary. So all in all, and opposite to what you are thinking, i would like very much for them to marry. And since that guy can post this issue here, i would assume he can tell us when they get married(introduction/bride price for me is enough) and i will be happy to wish them well. Marriage builds healthier communities.

Northern Muslims not eating Pig is a command by God according to their religion. So it's not forcing their people to drink alcohol or eat pig, if they constantly admonish fellow Muslims that the Quran says, so and so you must strive not to do that. Telling people that their actions are sinful because the scriptures says so is not forcing in itself. It's a statement of fact. Now oppressing you because of this is denying you your power of choice, which is bad, but it doesn't negate the fact that the action you committed was sinful. So telling someone their action is sinful based on their religious belief is not forcing them. I am not holding a gun to his head.
wirinet:

Why should you assume everybody is a Christian? Even if he is a Christian why should you assume he follows your own church doctrine? That makes you not different from northern Muslims that forces people not to drink alcohol or eat pig. Many Christian denominations don't criticize marriages between pregnant brides and their grooms.

Maybe you did not read the post well before hitting the reply and submit button. Re read the post to see that the negative serenio you painted above is completely different from what the OP wrote. He is very happy that his parent accepted the love of this life despite her being a different tribe and also accepted the pregnancy. Is it that difficult to be happy for him?

You too need to speak for yourself. Some people even prefer to marry from their fellow family member like Abraham and Isaac. That does not mean everyone must follow suit.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by TheArrowhead(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2021
[quote author=22o62021 post=102558664][/quote]

You're very stupid for the unnecessary suspense.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by benji93: 9:58pm On Jun 18, 2021
The Bolded. How would you know this? Only someone with a negative mind would think another person must want something bad to happen to someone else. Stating that, 'pre-marital sex is immoral is a statement of fact according to Christianity. Isn't it? That was what my argument was. I ma using Christianity? The question is what does Christianity say about it? Very simple.
wirinet:

Please learn to be happy for other peoples joy than wish them bad outcomes. The guy never told you he made a mistake. He was so happy and excited and that's why he came to nairaland to share his excitement. Don't dampen his spirit with your negativity.

I wonder why you are wishing that after a while the man would decide not to marry the lady. I know you wish that so you can say " toor" to the lady and feel elated berating her for "sexual immorality" because you are the judge of all mankind. But, it will never happen in God's name. I wish the guy a happy married life and many more happy and healthy children.

Believe me I have not read so much negative vibes to a good happy story before. You are just usinv Christianity to project your negative thoughts and energy. I really hope you find true love someday.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Toktee(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
[sup][/sup]Look at you
ford101:
its true sha.i like TIV girls ooo but the way all of them mess up in Abuja .let me tell you the truth.just yesterday I called one of my TIv girl friend.a man picked the call and told me he owns the girl, owns her life,that even her phone he bought it for her and she's married to him.i was coming back today,it crossed my mind.and I said to my self I will not even sleep with a TIv girl unprotected let a lone have a child with one.
Look at you.....I am Tiv by tribe resident in another state married to ESSAN lady from Edo state,she's the best....
But many said that Edo ladies are the leaders in prostitution yet i have gotten a good wife from there.

You can say anything about Tiv girls do not also forget that your tribal girls are the same.

There's no tribe that is isolated from bad behaviours including your own very tribe.

If you doubt me drop your tribe here,wait and see reactions.

4 Likes

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by kevotek1000(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2021
edochie12:
I have the same issue here with me,I will be 29 by July and my girl is pregnant but I don't know how to inform my mum about it,I don't know whether she will be angry or not.

Your parents won't be unhappy with the news. Congrat and take full responsibility. God is your strength.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Toktee(m): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2021
[code][/code]
benji93:
The Bolded. How would you know this? Only someone with a negative mind would think another person must want something bad to happen to someone else. Stating that, 'pre-marital sex is immoral is a statement of fact according to Christianity. Isn't it? That was what my argument was. I ma using Christianity? The question is what does Christianity say about it? Very simple.
Can you say for a fact that you have not been involves in premarital sex?

More so, do not judge others.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by wirinet(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2021
benji93:

Exodus 22:16
"If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by IduNaOba: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
I pulled this Stunt on my mum last year... She was also excited. But when she found out it was a joke she blasted me!!!!
She wants me to settle down
But money no dey biko
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Frenzy01(m): 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
Wow.. I'm happy for you my guy.

Meanwhile, make una Patronize my small business pls. I sell and I buy any breed of dogs swiftly at a very reasonable price. I also offer Boarding and pet care services
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2021

Congratulations man!
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2021

Why is this national news

Millions of Nigerians engage in uprotected sex and get pregnant every day
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by benji93: 10:25pm On Jun 18, 2021
First bolded:I am glad that's the case for you. I suppose I am not in a position to tell you how important marriage is to our communities.
Second bolded: The post wasn't about marriage or at least it wasn't clearly stated. He said he told his parents he got a Tiv girl pregnant, and it's actually bad his parents didn't even know about the lady before he got her pregnant, as implied by his post.
Third bolded: Bros, you are married man, and i respect you for that, but bringing up your friend's scenario is not useful. Abeg no dey do something like that. 8 out of 10 times you won't marry a woman you sleep with on the first day. I am speaking for the 8 not the 2. I would say it was a terrible decision by both of them then. But well they are married now, all good. They discontinued their sinful activity. We rejoice.

Now i am talking about the duration of marriages here. You fumble by bringing this up, bros. That's a whole other thing. In that regard, i would say may God help us choose the right partners. May we be favoured with a wife that will want to live with us till the end and us them. Since you are already in it i hope that's the case for you.
Fourth bolded: Please bros, fear God, that's if you believe. The Bible clearly states that fornicators, Adulterers will not see the kingdom of God, that's quite serious if you ask, and no era can change that.
Fifth bolded: I am quite disappointed in this statement.So what's the point if our religious believes then if we can't stick to them. I am sorry but you can bring those hormones out of control if you want to. We choose to give in. Our inability to control our emotions doesn't mean they are involuntary. Instead, you could say our morality has just degenerated, but that doesn't change the status of the act.(Sorry for my insistence) Let's will ourselves to avoiding immorality.

Safe sex is giving in to our sexual emotions, which is fornication nonetheless I am not saying i am any stronger than others. May God help us.
wirinet:

I not only believe in the importance of marriage, I am happily married for over a decade.

This is not the place to bring what ifs. If you opened a tread to discuss the negative what-ifs of premarital sex believe me I would not have had a problem, but this is a post of someone happy to be marrying the love of his life.
We have seen many different scenarios. We have seen both positive scenario and negative ones. I have a colleague who slept with his wife the very first day he met her and they have remained married for over 20 years. There are also cases where men married virgins and the marriage did not last 5 years. We have seen the marriages of pastors or even G.Os fail.
My quarrel with you is why duel on negative what-ifs.

I do not necessarily see pre marital sex in this modern society as immoral, and I have stated my reasons above. You don't expect a man over 40 or a lady in her late 20s to remain a virgin. In in the old days girls get married soon after puberty and boys marry in their late teens or early twenties, so remaining virgins until marriage was easy.
Trying to stop premarital sex with religious doctrines in modern times is like trying to stop a tsunami with a wall. It will always fail. Sex is controlled by powerful hormones and those hormones don't listen to Jesus or Mohammed. The best solution is either to get married early or practice safe sex.

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Harrynight(m): 10:28pm On Jun 18, 2021
A son committed a gross sin And the parents celebrate him...

Ain't NIGERIANS aware that fornication is a serious sin and having a child out of wedlock is Gross sin
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by benji93: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2021
Nice one, i respect that. 1 Cor 6:9-10. Neither fornicators nor Adulterers nor..................................... will see the kingdom of God. Besides we can still reconcile both since paying the bride price essentially means marriage. You do something inappropriate, then you rectify it. Very simple.
wirinet:

Exodus 22:16
"If a man seduces a virgin who is not pledged to be married and sleeps with her, he must pay the bride-price, and she shall be his wife

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Harrynight(m): 10:31pm On Jun 18, 2021
yorubarere:

Ask stories about how your parents met. I don't mean to insult tho. Just a sincere suggestion.

If they started like this OP u mean i should follow such footsteps

The guy jus committed a serious sin, that's immorality and the parents celebrate such act!
It's very wrong sir!
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2021
Tiv girl? You get mind. Benue girls are the reason why sex is very cheap in Abuja. You need serious prayer because that tribe love juju and protitution like kilode.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Omuuvwie(m): 10:41pm On Jun 18, 2021
It's mother's like you that will take their daughter to hospital for abortion because she got pregnant at of wedlock
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Omuuvwie(m): 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2021
kestolove95:
See bad parents, encouraging immoral acts
. It's bad mother's like you that will take their daughter to hospital for abortion because her daughter got pregnant at of wedlock,
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Shellsploit: 10:53pm On Jun 18, 2021
chatinent:

O teela m riri ugba n’oge emume alụmdi na nwunye.

akpịrị ogologo!!!
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Shellsploit: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2021

Sha fix date lemme shoot free wedding video for u.. Thats if you are in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by spiralwedge(m): 11:10pm On Jun 18, 2021
Everything about an average person revolves around tribe. Can't deal.
As positive as this story is, without mentioning, it oozes tribal thisbor tribal that. It is even a big deal and surprise for the op that his parents didn't bother about the girl's tribe.

Many tribes have since passed this level.

For once, there isn't need for the tribal angle at all.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Aboks(m): 11:19pm On Jun 18, 2021
Ndukings92:
what should they have done? Shout at him and deny him and they lady in question?

Na jealousy go kill u
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by UwaMmebii(m): 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2021
CSTRR:

I would absolutely love having a female child more than a male child.

Girls love their dads. Especially if the dad is cool.

There is a bond you can't have with stubborn boys. Boys are for their mothers.

You're right and I love when u said especially if the dad is cool. Girls like their papa well my siblings for instance
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2021
Premarital sex is now a celebrated thing.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by khia: 12:07am On Jun 19, 2021
quote author=22o62021 post=102558664][/quote]

I thought Nigerians loathed the baby mama culture and found them to be the scum of the Earth, at least that's what they tell Americans.
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by bdauran: 12:20am On Jun 19, 2021
Congratulations for having a bastard child in your family
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Emac34: 1:23am On Jun 19, 2021
michaelpop50:

Don't mind the simp OP. He doesn't know that other guys are sleeping with the girl. He is about taking a hoe to his parents.
Are you sure you’re ok??
I’m in Lagos and i see no difference all the girls be wild!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by Emac34: 1:25am On Jun 19, 2021
Dumte:
Your own work for you be that. Just thank God my brother. The one I jam na from another planet oh. Those people called Tiv are synonymous with prostitution and running away from their husband. I rest my case
You don’t know sh*t, how many Tiv girls have you met beside who asked you?

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by kabillionaire(m): 1:44am On Jun 19, 2021
Bringing your personal life online.
I hope as things progresses, you will be updating us as well, as we're automatically your in-laws now?
Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by LydayBobo(m): 2:21am On Jun 19, 2021
[quote author=22o62021 post=102558664][/quote] God bless you and your new family.

1 Like

Re: My Mother’s Reaction When I Told Her That I Got A Girl Pregnant by willexyaho(m): 2:24am On Jun 19, 2021
Just do DNA !

We are tired of some kind stories

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Cheating Girlfriend Caught Redhanded While She Was Still Denying It (video) / Nigerian Men Are Generous And Last Long In Bed - Kenyan Socialite Shakila (vid) / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.