Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,860 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

What I Noticed In My New Apartment. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Noticed In My New Apartment. (5913 Views)

What I Noticed In Most Weddings / I Noticed That My Girlfriend Is Cheating On Me And This Later Happened / What I Noticed In A Man I Met Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 3:54am On Jun 12, 2021
Please my fellow nairalanders I moved in a new Place around March this year , it's Bungalow with 2 Flats . I'm staying in one while a married man with 4 kids that happens be the Caretaker , he's also a Builder infact from my understanding he handled the projects of the House he's staying in the other flat. My Landlord is a young Man he's from the community and owns Poultry farm in the compound . He always come around to check on the Birds. Now to the main story in my Parlour there's a visitor Toilet that's not completed the tiling & paint aspect so I have to drop my spare key to the Caretaker because I don't stay around unless in the evening , I'm a business guy. So after like some weeks The toilet was not completed I was not happy even The Wc seater that was meant to be fixed in my toilet The caretaker collected it and fix it in his own apartment . I was not happy with the situation but I pretend . Because the landlord and caretaker are very close friends because The Block , plastering , plumbing , tiling , door fixing , painting etc the Caretaker handle it . Both of them got outstanding . Because I paid upfront before the house was finished.
Initially my landlord supposed to stay in the other flat but because of the huge amount he's owing the caretaker he left the flat for him to stay there so that they can do plus and minus as time goes by.

So on that Sit at home day May 31 because we didn't go out they use that opportunity to fix the tiling in the visitors toilet but no Wc and piping was not completed. I brought out drink for us cheer and gist . So since there's no need to leave my spare Key with caretaker I quickly collected because I was not happy that someone might be entering my apartment when I'm not around.
So last weekend I brought back some can malts and spirits home that's what I deal on . I was expecting my babe on Sunday she didn't show up. It was 12 cans half of Amstel malt so I took 1 it supposed to remain 11. I came back on Thursday day before yesterday because once I'm back I'll always check my fridge to check if the have fix the light issue we had since this week. E shock me say my malt can dey miss 3. I went to my room I noticed some movements showing someone entered my house . I quickly called my landlord on phone and explained things to him . He came I showed him my observation we counted the remaining malt . He told me that I should check myself very well if I gave my spare key to anyone . I said no . He told I can see no trace of any sign that a criminal break into my apartment. So he left the matter self tire me . I took one malt and it's remaining 7 and check how I kept my belongings and left in the morning. I came back last night and check my fridge the can malt supposed to remain 7 but it's 6 na was e shock me again it looks like a Nollywood movie so I observed my parlor it's been swept half way because I applied snipper insecticide because of mosquito and other ant's so i don't even have time to clean up my house unless on weekends . Na wa I carry sit dey think many things I call my landlord on phone again and told him I'll like to see him. After so minutes he came I explain the things to him . He went to call the caretaker all of us just dey reason the matter . I want to even dey fear self wether na spirit dey whine me so. But I no offend anybody na . So my landlord said I should be prayerful before they left he brought one oil there pastor gave him that after praying I should sprinkle it around my house . Make we observe tomorrow if such happen again we'll know the next step to take. So when they left I drop that oil for one corner. Base on say I be spiritual man white garment church Bobo . I smile codedly I knew that my landlord is aware that I'm a white garment church person but not before I parked in because of different kinds of perfume I dey apply . He taught I'm using it for business boom and all that but I use it to drive away negative spirits and Evil people I meet at my shop . So sometimes he'll try reason me say one day make I try follow dem come there church that we're one family in the compound. He attends the same church with the caretaker .

So in summary I'm going to give him back the oil that meself spirits dey fear me oo. I'm thinking of telling him that I need that parlor door key to be changed I'll personally go to timber and I get a new key to protect my privacy . Because I think someone still have one of the keys . My landlord only gave me 3 keys from my own understanding the keys might be 4 or 5 , because even before now my intuition do tell me someone enters my apartment when I'm not around.

So my fellow nl guys what's your suggestion on this . Sorry my story might be long and errors.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Davidonkonsults: 4:05am On Jun 12, 2021
Nonsense.

12 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 4:16am On Jun 12, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
Nonsense.
What's nonsense about my write up

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by OsusHunter: 4:24am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
Please my fellow nairalanders I moved in a new Place around March this year , it's Bungalow with 2 Flats . I'm staying in one while a married man with 4 kids that happens be the Caretaker , he's also a Builder infact from my understanding he handled the projects of the House he's staying in the other flat. My Landlord is a young Man he's from the community and owns Poultry farm in the compound . He always come around to check on the Birds. Now to the main story in my Parlour there's a visitor Toilet that's not completed the tiling & paint aspect so I have to drop my spare key to the Caretaker because I don't stay around unless in the evening , I'm a business guy. So after like some weeks The toilet was not completed I was not happy even The Wc seater that was meant to be fixed in my toilet The caretaker collected it and fix it in his own apartment . I was not happy with the situation but I pretend . Because the landlord and caretaker are very close friends because The Block , plastering , plumbing , tiling , door fixing , painting etc the Caretaker handle it . Both of them got outstanding . Because I paid upfront before the house was finished.
Initially my landlord supposed to stay in the other flat but because of the huge amount he's owing the caretaker he left the flat for him to stay there so that they can do plus and minus as time goes by.

So on that Sit at home day May 31 because we didn't go out they use that opportunity to fix the tiling in the visitors toilet but no Wc and piping was not completed. I brought out drink for us cheer and gist . So since there's no need to leave my spare Key with caretaker I quickly collected because I was not happy that someone might be entering my apartment when I'm not around.
So last weekend I brought back some can malts and spirits home that's what I deal on . I was expecting my babe on Sunday she didn't show up. It was 12 cans half of Amstel malt so I took 1 it supposed to remain 11. I came back on Thursday day before yesterday because once I'm back I'll always check my fridge to check if the have fix the light issue we had since this week. E shock me say my malt can dey miss 3. I went to my room I noticed some movements showing someone entered my house . I quickly called my landlord on phone and explained things to him . He came I showed him my observation we counted the remaining malt . He told me that I should check myself very well if I gave my spare key to anyone . I said no . He told I can see no trace of any sign that a criminal break into my apartment. So he left the matter self tire me . I took one malt and it's remaining 7 and check how I kept my belongings and left in the morning. I came back last night and check my fridge the can malt supposed to remain 7 but it's 6 na was e shock me again it looks like a Nollywood movie so I observed my parlor it's been swept half way because I applied snipper insecticide because of mosquito and other ant's so i don't even have time to clean up my house unless on weekends . Na wa I carry sit dey think many things I call my landlord on phone again and told him I'll like to see him. After so minutes he came I explain the things to him . He went to call the caretaker all of us just dey reason the matter . I want to even dey fear self wether na spirit dey whine me so. But I no offend anybody na . So my landlord said I should be prayerful before they left he brought one oil there pastor gave him that after praying I should sprinkle it around my house . Make we observe tomorrow if such happen again we'll know the next step to take. So when they left I drop that oil for one corner. Base on say I be spiritual man white garment church Bobo . I smile codedly I knew that my landlord is aware that I'm a white garment church person but not before I parked in because of different kinds of perfume I dey apply . He taught I'm using it for business boom and all that but I use it to drive away negative spirits and Evil people I meet at my shop . So sometimes he'll try reason me say one day make I try follow dem come there church that we're one family in the compound. He attends the same church with the caretaker .

So in summary I'm going to give him back the oil that meself spirits dey fear me oo. I'm thinking of telling him that I need that parlor door key to be changed I'll personally go to timber and I get a new key to protect my privacy . Because I think someone still have one of the keys . My landlord only gave me 3 keys from my own understanding the keys might be 4 or 5 , because even before now my intuition do tell me someone enters my apartment when I'm not around.

So my fellow nl guys what's your suggestion on this . Sorry my story might be long and errors.
Muh mu

Dey there dey write rubbish. No change your locks and keys o. Until dem go steal your destiny one day

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:27am On Jun 12, 2021
Some things in life needs common sense. You don't need your landlord's permission to change the keys to your apartment.

Buy the keys and change them yourself both front and back entrance into the apartment.

Either the caretaker and/or landlord do enter your apartment in your absence.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:34am On Jun 12, 2021
Hehehehe grin cheesy wink

Lol cheesy.

Na so so smile all of us @[/b] dey smile as we dey read dis tori!

Tins dey happen o.

[b]#InsideLife
Orisirisi nkan loun sele!

We Rise!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 4:40am On Jun 12, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
Some things in life needs common sense. You don't need your landlord's permission to change the keys to your apartment.

Buy the keys and change them yourself both front and back entrance into the apartment.

Either the caretaker and/or landlord do enter your apartment in your absence.
Thanks man I'll do as you said.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by TheUndercover: 4:42am On Jun 12, 2021
Change your locks, sometimes if you're too cool people will take you for granted. They've seen a loophole in your personality and they will continue to exploit it. Its either you toughen up or break down from it.

I read where you said you saw something you didn't like but kept it to yourself, that's where the problem started.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by MEGA4BILLION(m): 4:44am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
Thanks man I'll do as you said.

Do it ASAP. Gracia
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by beautyhd: 5:02am On Jun 12, 2021
Change your locks, it's as simple as that.

How can you leave your keys for someone not related to you and go out for hours because he's fixing something in your house? I can't take that risk.

I packed into a building they were yet to finish the master toilet, they fixed a day and I was there with them, I practically was following them around and they noticed I don't trust them a bit.

I won't be comfortable coming home to notice that someone has entered my house when I'm supposed to have all keys.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Ever8090: 5:05am On Jun 12, 2021
grin
Davidonkonsults:
Nonsense.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by spice123(m): 5:25am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:

White garment person dey fear even with oil and perfume......
Hahahaha.

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Kriss216: 5:54am On Jun 12, 2021
Obviously, you're not street wise.

You don't need permission from anyone before you change the locks of your apartment. Don't trust anyone, even your landlord.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 12, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
Nonsense.
Aje your anger dey motivate me grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by nzeobi(m): 6:00am On Jun 12, 2021
They refused to fix some facilities you kept mute.
They drank malt you kept quiet soon you will start sharing clothes with people

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by opera1(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
I'm thinking of telling him that I need that parlor door key to be changed I'll personally go to timber and I get a new key to protect my privacy.

Change your door key without the knowledge of your landlord and caretaker

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by majamajic(m): 6:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Simply change the keys , for your malt the caretaker can't do such , it might be his children

4 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 6:25am On Jun 12, 2021
majamajic:
Simply change the keys , for your malt the caretaker can't do such , it might be his children
I thought as much . As for Keys . I'm changing it Today ASAP .

3 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by ihemyoro(m): 6:30am On Jun 12, 2021
You dont need anyone's approval before you change the locks
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by phorget(m): 6:34am On Jun 12, 2021
Install CCTV and watch how the drama would unfold.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Davidonkonsults: 6:35am On Jun 12, 2021
SmellySperm:

Aje your anger dey motivate me grin
Early morning see the plenty radarada person go drop grin grin

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BossJamal: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2021
@Op try and change ur lock to jam lock...I know it may look local to u but that’s how I was able to overcome intruders 8yrs ago. These guys had a universal key which they used in gaining access to my house then. They first started by stealing my money...I thought it was spirit doing that not knowing some young hungry boys were gaining access into my house..on several occasions I will come home after work and see my bags ransacked, my clothes turned upside down. I became scared

Till I fixed a jam lock on d door grin this was 8yrs back
Thank God for change and money
And Op u have to b careful with ur caretaker...if u pple are just two tenants living in dat compound,,,u have to be more careful on d kind of relationship u keep with d caretaker.

6 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BossJamal: 6:39am On Jun 12, 2021
phorget:
Install CCTV and watch how the drama would unfold.
Can he afford it atm?

I think that’s the best option amongst so many..op if u can afford fix it in ur house

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by November24(f): 6:41am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
You be really Local cele Bobo.
Everything thing nonsense

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BossJamal: 6:44am On Jun 12, 2021
Davidonkonsults:
Nonsense.
e be like say na d caretaker be this?

Malt tiff grin

14 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BossJamal: 6:45am On Jun 12, 2021
November24:

You be really Local cele Bobo.
Everything thing nonsense

Ahaan see d landlord

Op be careful it seems ur landlord and caretaker are nairalanders. They are already attacking u

Come and sprinkle ur cele oil on them

8 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Scream(m): 6:57am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:

Yes .. complete nonsense! Ignorance is expensive. Just change the key cylinder, it won't cost more than a carton of malt and goyal oil spiritman!

Stop calling your landlord, do your thing quietly and ensure nobody gets the spate. Learn how to do it and stop acting brainless. See the video link below...shiorr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9A915L_mlk

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by sisisioge: 7:00am On Jun 12, 2021
Change all the locks that enter your apartment....no need to give them spares until you're ready to leave. Good luck.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Davidonkonsults: 7:05am On Jun 12, 2021
BossJamal:

e be like say na d caretaker be this?

Malt tiff grin
I wan help am chill am. The guy no wise.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by solidmyk(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2021
Buh you funny oh, why didn't you change your door key exact day you packed in to that house, you're too ignorant bruh and must you relate with them everytime you're around why is it hard for people like you to keep their life private
At least you're supposed to have studied their personalities for some months before relating with them
As for the drinks that kept missing spirit no dey your house, don't be surprised that at the moment you left your apartment they've occupied and one of the funniest thing is that you even make them aware of the time you'll be arriving

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by meritadavize1(m): 7:23am On Jun 12, 2021
No Need fear nah, since u self na spiritual man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Her "long-throat" Exposed Her. / Come In And Look At A Woman With World's Largest Butt (pix) / Chidinma Vs Lupita,who Rocks The Low Cut Style Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.