Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

What I Noticed In My New Apartment. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Noticed In My New Apartment. (5938 Views)

What I Noticed In Most Weddings / I Noticed That My Girlfriend Is Cheating On Me And This Later Happened / What I Noticed In A Man I Met Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Offpoint1: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2021
Ok
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by PrimadonnaO(f): 7:28am On Jun 12, 2021
Very costly to not have common sense in this life.

5 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Lamasta(m): 7:42am On Jun 12, 2021
BossJamal:

e be like say na d caretaker be this?

Malt tiff grin
Lmao grin

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by SavageMaster: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
Please my fellow nairalanders I moved in a new Place around March this year , it's Bungalow with 2 Flats . I'm staying in one while a married man with 4 kids that happens be the Caretaker , he's also a Builder infact from my understanding he handled the projects of the House he's staying in the other flat. My Landlord is a young Man he's from the community and owns Poultry farm in the compound . He always come around to check on the Birds. Now to the main story in my Parlour there's a visitor Toilet that's not completed the tiling & paint aspect so I have to drop my spare key to the Caretaker because I don't stay around unless in the evening , I'm a business guy. So after like some weeks The toilet was not completed I was not happy even The Wc seater that was meant to be fixed in my toilet The caretaker collected it and fix it in his own apartment . I was not happy with the situation but I pretend . Because the landlord and caretaker are very close friends because The Block , plastering , plumbing , tiling , door fixing , painting etc the Caretaker handle it . Both of them got outstanding . Because I paid upfront before the house was finished.
Initially my landlord supposed to stay in the other flat but because of the huge amount he's owing the caretaker he left the flat for him to stay there so that they can do plus and minus as time goes by.

So on that Sit at home day May 31 because we didn't go out they use that opportunity to fix the tiling in the visitors toilet but no Wc and piping was not completed. I brought out drink for us cheer and gist . So since there's no need to leave my spare Key with caretaker I quickly collected because I was not happy that someone might be entering my apartment when I'm not around.
So last weekend I brought back some can malts and spirits home that's what I deal on . I was expecting my babe on Sunday she didn't show up. It was 12 cans half of Amstel malt so I took 1 it supposed to remain 11. I came back on Thursday day before yesterday because once I'm back I'll always check my fridge to check if the have fix the light issue we had since this week. E shock me say my malt can dey miss 3. I went to my room I noticed some movements showing someone entered my house . I quickly called my landlord on phone and explained things to him . He came I showed him my observation we counted the remaining malt . He told me that I should check myself very well if I gave my spare key to anyone . I said no . He told I can see no trace of any sign that a criminal break into my apartment. So he left the matter self tire me . I took one malt and it's remaining 7 and check how I kept my belongings and left in the morning. I came back last night and check my fridge the can malt supposed to remain 7 but it's 6 na was e shock me again it looks like a Nollywood movie so I observed my parlor it's been swept half way because I applied snipper insecticide because of mosquito and other ant's so i don't even have time to clean up my house unless on weekends . Na wa I carry sit dey think many things I call my landlord on phone again and told him I'll like to see him. After so minutes he came I explain the things to him . He went to call the caretaker all of us just dey reason the matter . I want to even dey fear self wether na spirit dey whine me so. But I no offend anybody na . So my landlord said I should be prayerful before they left he brought one oil there pastor gave him that after praying I should sprinkle it around my house . Make we observe tomorrow if such happen again we'll know the next step to take. So when they left I drop that oil for one corner. Base on say I be spiritual man white garment church Bobo . I smile codedly I knew that my landlord is aware that I'm a white garment church person but not before I parked in because of different kinds of perfume I dey apply . He taught I'm using it for business boom and all that but I use it to drive away negative spirits and Evil people I meet at my shop . So sometimes he'll try reason me say one day make I try follow dem come there church that we're one family in the compound. He attends the same church with the caretaker .

So in summary I'm going to give him back the oil that meself spirits dey fear me oo. I'm thinking of telling him that I need that parlor door key to be changed I'll personally go to timber and I get a new key to protect my privacy . Because I think someone still have one of the keys . My landlord only gave me 3 keys from my own understanding the keys might be 4 or 5 , because even before now my intuition do tell me someone enters my apartment when I'm not around.

So my fellow nl guys what's your suggestion on this . Sorry my story might be long and errors.

Lesson Number One:

Whenever you move into a new apartment, immediately change all the entrance keys and make sure no landlord or caretaker has a copy of it.
Thank me later.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by emerged01(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2021
Wetin e go cost you to go market go buy key cylinders and change them all by yourself.

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by bularuz(m): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2021
My only advice is for you to be more security conscious, forget all this spirit ghost mentality

2 Likes

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by PlaysNigeria: 10:09am On Jun 12, 2021
You don't need to change the key or anything, just buy an extra lock. Chikena smiley

Your landlord can't ask you why you put and extra lock on your doors.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by chycco: 2:07pm On Jun 12, 2021
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BareFacedLies(m): 2:49pm On Jun 12, 2021
benhope222:
Thanks man I'll do as you said.

Just go to Timbre or Ogbete Market to buy another lock for your door
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Bebson007(m): 3:22pm On Jun 12, 2021
Boss change ur locks ur caretaker and dey use ur house do sit out.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2021
I want Thank everyone for their kind advice . Just bought a new key , Will be fixing it tomorrow . I'm still at my shop now .
E go shock the intruder when he or she see say I don tighten up security. grin

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by BossJamal: 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
benhope222:
I want Thank everyone for their kind advice . Just bought a new key , Will be fixing it tomorrow . I'm still at my shop now .
E go shock the intruder when he or she see say I don tighten up security. grin

Better for u..change it quickly as u can

And from my observation u seem like u have a nonchalant attitude whic is very bad for the kind of world we live in presently...I don’t know the kind of area u live in..as a tenant learn to mind ur biz...that caretaker isn’t ur brother nor a friend you’ve known for a long time. Limit ur interaction. ONCE IN A BLUE MOON y’all can pop Champagne,sit and discuss’’,,,note d emphasis pls. Don’t let those guys see u finish,no be every time u go dey open teeth like chihuahua...give pple limit and a line dey wouldn’t dare to cross...also be unpredictable! Every private matter of yours shouldn’t be disclosed to neighbours...learn to shut ur mouth and do more of LISTENING.

They were able to be intruding and drinking ur malt because dem don see u finish.

And if u don’t know what minding one’s biz looks like I will like to invite u to VI Lagos and u will see how neighbors mind biz and guard their lives secretly by not talking too much and involving everyone in a chitchat. Every morning Greet ur caretaker and face front immediately.

Let me ask u sef...is your caretaker gainfully employed or he’s a sit at home Dad? If he’s then therein lies ur answer. That’s one issue u will have living in a neighbourhood where 90% of persons are jobless. Life!
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 1:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
BossJamal:

Better for u..change it quickly as u can

And from my observation u seem like u have a nonchalant attitude whic is very bad for the kind of world we live in presently...I don’t know the kind of area u live in..as a tenant learn to mind ur biz...that caretaker isn’t ur brother nor a friend you’ve known for a long time. Limit ur interaction. ONCE IN A BLUE MOON y’all can pop Champagne,sit and discuss’’,,,note d emphasis pls. Don’t let those guys see u finish,no be every time u go dey open teeth like chihuahua...give pple limit and a line dey wouldn’t dare to cross...also be unpredictable! Every private matter of yours shouldn’t be disclosed to neighbours...learn to shut ur mouth and do more of LISTENING.

They were able to be intruding and drinking ur malt because dem don see u finish.

And if u don’t know what minding one’s biz looks like I will like to invite u to VI Lagos and u will see how neighbors mind biz and guard their lives secretly by not talking too much and involving everyone in a chitchat. Every morning Greet ur caretaker and face front immediately.

Let me ask u sef...is your caretaker gainfully employed or he’s a sit at home Dad? If he’s then therein lies ur answer. That’s one issue u will have living in a neighbourhood where 90% of persons are jobless. Life!

Thanks I have fixed the New Key this morning I did when everyone went to Church service. Bro isn't that I'm Someone that's social. I dey very mean and I don't laugh anyhow . Even around my Shop premises I no send anybody , I don't associate .

So once in awhile I do discuss with the Caretaker or Landlord and I bring drink too we Merry , because nobody knows tomorrow you might be in danger and need them especially that of neighborhood is very important to relate with them fine. My caretaker is Builder infact the man versatile. He does tiling , plumbing , painting , interlocking , scredding. Etc he has a Keke ride too . So I feels it might be his children were doing that

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by Originalsly: 2:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
Don't change the locks as yet. Don't complain about your missing beers. In fact.. invest in top of the line beer/malt... one that the ehmmm.... spirit can't resist.... get a syringe and inject a powerful laxative into the cans. When one goes missing.... let your landlord know and tell him you took the matter to your church where the ehmmm..... Spiritual Leader promised to take warning action first.... and if the matter continues... then he will have no choice but to take crippling action. Don't worry .... when the caretaker complains to the landlord about serious diarrhea... the landlord will explain.
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by AutoChick4U(f): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
benhope222:
Thanks man I'll do as you said.
Better b a man and keep your home safe and also avoid d caretaker. Nice people get taken for granted a lot so better wise up
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
Originalsly:
Don't change the locks as yet. Don't complain about your missing beers. In fact.. invest in top of the line beer/malt... one that the ehmmm.... spirit can't resist.... get a syringe and inject a powerful laxative into the cans. When one goes missing.... let your landlord know and tell him you took the matter to your church where the ehmmm..... Spiritual Leader promised to take warning action first.... and if the matter continues... then he will have no choice but to take crippling action. Don't worry .... when the caretaker complains to the landlord about serious diarrhea... the landlord will explain.
You sound funny grin
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by benhope222: 2:32pm On Jun 13, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Better b a man and keep your home safe and also avoid d caretaker. Nice people get taken for granted a lot so better wise up
Thanks
Re: What I Noticed In My New Apartment. by frozen70(f): 3:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
benhope222:
Please my fellow nairalanders I moved in a new Place around March this year , it's Bungalow with 2 Flats . I'm staying in one while a married man with 4 kids that happens be the Caretaker , he's also a Builder infact from my understanding he handled the projects of the House he's staying in the other flat. My Landlord is a young Man he's from the community and owns Poultry farm in the compound . He always come around to check on the Birds. Now to the main story in my Parlour there's a visitor Toilet that's not completed the tiling & paint aspect so I have to drop my spare key to the Caretaker because I don't stay around unless in the evening , I'm a business guy. So after like some weeks The toilet was not completed I was not happy even The Wc seater that was meant to be fixed in my toilet The caretaker collected it and fix it in his own apartment . I was not happy with the situation but I pretend . Because the landlord and caretaker are very close friends because The Block , plastering , plumbing , tiling , door fixing , painting etc the Caretaker handle it . Both of them got outstanding . Because I paid upfront before the house was finished.
Initially my landlord supposed to stay in the other flat but because of the huge amount he's owing the caretaker he left the flat for him to stay there so that they can do plus and minus as time goes by.

So on that Sit at home day May 31 because we didn't go out they use that opportunity to fix the tiling in the visitors toilet but no Wc and piping was not completed. I brought out drink for us cheer and gist . So since there's no need to leave my spare Key with caretaker I quickly collected because I was not happy that someone might be entering my apartment when I'm not around.
So last weekend I brought back some can malts and spirits home that's what I deal on . I was expecting my babe on Sunday she didn't show up. It was 12 cans half of Amstel malt so I took 1 it supposed to remain 11. I came back on Thursday day before yesterday because once I'm back I'll always check my fridge to check if the have fix the light issue we had since this week. E shock me say my malt can dey miss 3. I went to my room I noticed some movements showing someone entered my house . I quickly called my landlord on phone and explained things to him . He came I showed him my observation we counted the remaining malt . He told me that I should check myself very well if I gave my spare key to anyone . I said no . He told I can see no trace of any sign that a criminal break into my apartment. So he left the matter self tire me . I took one malt and it's remaining 7 and check how I kept my belongings and left in the morning. I came back last night and check my fridge the can malt supposed to remain 7 but it's 6 na was e shock me again it looks like a Nollywood movie so I observed my parlor it's been swept half way because I applied snipper insecticide because of mosquito and other ant's so i don't even have time to clean up my house unless on weekends . Na wa I carry sit dey think many things I call my landlord on phone again and told him I'll like to see him. After so minutes he came I explain the things to him . He went to call the caretaker all of us just dey reason the matter . I want to even dey fear self wether na spirit dey whine me so. But I no offend anybody na . So my landlord said I should be prayerful before they left he brought one oil there pastor gave him that after praying I should sprinkle it around my house . Make we observe tomorrow if such happen again we'll know the next step to take. So when they left I drop that oil for one corner. Base on say I be spiritual man white garment church Bobo . I smile codedly I knew that my landlord is aware that I'm a white garment church person but not before I parked in because of different kinds of perfume I dey apply . He taught I'm using it for business boom and all that but I use it to drive away negative spirits and Evil people I meet at my shop . So sometimes he'll try reason me say one day make I try follow dem come there church that we're one family in the compound. He attends the same church with the caretaker .

So in summary I'm going to give him back the oil that meself spirits dey fear me oo. I'm thinking of telling him that I need that parlor door key to be changed I'll personally go to timber and I get a new key to protect my privacy . Because I think someone still have one of the keys . My landlord only gave me 3 keys from my own understanding the keys might be 4 or 5 , because even before now my intuition do tell me someone enters my apartment when I'm not around.

So my fellow nl guys what's your suggestion on this . Sorry my story might be long and errors.

There is no need to return the oil back to him

Any other jobs that needs to be done there has to be done in your presence so that you stop giving out spear keys to untrusted people

Lastly, buy a new key and change the previous ones especially the entrance let's see how they will react
Trust no one until proven trust worthy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do I Look Like A Girl And An American? (pic) / Should I Stop Making This Married Woman Happy? / thanks for the opinions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.