Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Rock Music Is Satanic? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Music Is Satanic? (25160 Views)

Poll: Rock music:satanic or not?

Satanic: 21% (23 votes)
Just music: 78% (82 votes)
This poll has ended

Skelewu Is A Song Of Satanic Influence! There Is A Proof With The Recent Deaths! / Enya's Music Is Satanic? / Future Of Rock Music In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by cnnmagic: 10:07am On Apr 09, 2008
Not all rock but most hard rock, Heavy Metal are demonic. While I agree that some rap and r&b (rugged&brutal) could be channels for expressing debasing, demonic views and attitudes, heavy metal music is strictly satanic! There are songs that went as far as glorifying satan above Almighty God,Jehovah, with expressions as dogs si natas, an inverted form of satan is god - the height of secularian, free will Blasphemy!!!!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by HRhotness(f): 10:11am On Apr 09, 2008
have u listened to most rock music?
You have no basis for making claim like this
if u have listened to every rock band, every rock album there is, only then can u make such assumpstions
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by cnnmagic: 10:30am On Apr 09, 2008
If you read my post well I stated most hard rock with specific reference to heavy metal
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by micklplus(m): 10:31am On Apr 09, 2008
HR.hotness:

have u listened to most rock music?
You have no basis for making claim like this
if u have listened to every rock band, every rock album there is, only then can u make such assumpstions

Good point
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by HRhotness(f): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2008
cnnmagic:

If you read my post well I stated most hard rock with specific reference to heavy metal

And i repeat, u haven't listen to all "heavy metal" bands and albums so you're in no position to make any assumptions
i know for a fact that rock and heavy metal music in general is aimed the purest expression of emotion
if u listen to some of the lyrics, it just people sayin what they are thinkin and talkin about to real life situations rather than the glamorisation and glorification of certain things by other genres.

Dont make judgemets based on a narrow minded perception, it makes u look stupid
esp when you're proven wrong
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Scarlett(f): 11:02am On Apr 09, 2008
Someone said something about strange costumes and things
What is strange about wearing a teeshirt and jeans,
People, always amazing me with their ways of thinking.

Right now im listening to the Killers, their name alone is satanic enough
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by seunspice(m): 11:24am On Apr 09, 2008
Rock music in itself is a form of music and i strongly believe that the poster's comment represent the general African belief and state of mind. i used to have such notions too before now, but here is the fact.

1. there are so many flavours of rock music, (soft rock, hard rock, Metallic rock, rock ballads, et al)

2. Rock music just like ever other music genres has evolved over time, thus some Musicians who are not in mainstream rock have rock singles.

3. Collaborations at its peak has made several rock artists team up with artists of other genres for various music blends.

4. For a wider audience, market and fanbase, most artists dabble into rock to bost record sales. As a kid, i knew Michael Jackson to be a Pop artist, but we all know he has great rock tracks, beat it, give in to me, dirty diana, D.S, Come together, Why you wanna trip, Jam , just to mention a few.

5. Finally, a look at the winners of the last few Grammy awards would convince you that rock music has cut across and is here to stay.

As to Rock music being demonic, i would tell you poster , yes and no.

Rock music even has its own gospel flavour, listen to Jadhelia's heritage and get back to me , gospel soft rock at its best.

Rock Rocks
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by yek: 11:25am On Apr 09, 2008
watin dey do all of una sef . . . if u like rock music - then u like rock ; and if u dont - well i guess u dont

stop trying to justify or defend ur taste(or lack of it !) with angels and demons. . .

***hisses loudly***
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by HRhotness(f): 11:29am On Apr 09, 2008
yek:

watin dey do all of una sef . . . if u like rock music - then u like rock ; and if u don't - well i guess u don't

stop trying to justify or defend your taste(or lack of it !) with angels and demons. . .

***hisses loudly***

Lol,,,, I quite agree with u
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by redsun(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2008
An average black person's judgement is most times burdened by religion and unfounded indoctrinations not usually from the heart and observations.Different music appeals to people with different concepts,just like christians listen to gospel music for upliftment,rock fans listen to rock music for the same.It is what make your world that you swim in but some times it is good to cross paths and make a choice.

An average whiteman too will think of rap music and r & b as vile and immature because of their stereotypical impression of black people.

Most people that condemn music don't ever take time to listen to the lyrics,listen sometimes,you could find it worthwhile.

Personally,i hate death metal and unnecessary abusive raps,because of there negativity,music is for love,fun and meditation,not for hate or intimidation.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by idupaul: 12:16pm On Apr 09, 2008
Rock is just a form of music, hw can it be satanic, for Godsake the word are always clear and nothing is hidden, it real sign of mental mediocrity for some one to even imagine anything sinister bout it, I will always love rock to the death cos the beautiful guitar rhythm and sequence is so pretty that they give me goose bumps anytime I hear them, And some of the most beautiful lyrics come from rock tracks check this out

I might not be ur saviour , and I bet i will never be ur champ,
I might send you roses or buy diamond rings,
but if you looked inside my heart I know you will understand,
My love for you grows like hunger without you I will starve ,

Aint it beautiful,
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ow11(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2008
when an uninformed bigot unleashes his ignorance on the web, a silly thread like this is the result.

nothing more to say
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by enque(f): 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2008
some of them cld be, most especially hard rock. but then that doesnt mean its all o'them dat r satanic cos one satanic song doesn't make them all d same
its also a listener thing, in d sense that, if u buy a cd n u listen to it n d lyrics sound satanic, what stops u from stopping it immediately n trashing dat devillish cd,
so, rather than wait for nairaland to determine wat we listen to, we shld do d rite thing wink
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 2:15pm On Apr 09, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ Oyb

that linkin park song could mean anything, even a sad love song if u would just read it with an open mind
some people suggested it told of abuse in a relationship,,,,

there was no mention of satan or the devil in there! angry

sarcasm really does elude alot of you.

The satanic aspect of rock is just a marketing gimmicks to enhance record sales . its a deliberate attempt to play with your minds ! Why fall for those craps??

Imbeciles believe anything as evident in this thread
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by micklplus(m): 2:31pm On Apr 09, 2008
My belief is mine and your belief is yours !
I take all forms on compliment in this world of ours but, i dont negotiate my stand " core belief" cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

its a compliment and i appreciate it. Keep on [b]rock[/b]ing ! I love rock music no be small

Cheers
cheesy cheesy
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by deb(m): 4:39pm On Apr 09, 2008
This topic is sort of funny. its just like saying money is evil while we
all no that money is neither good nor evil. It becomes whatever you
call it in the hands of the owner.

Same thing goes for Rock or any type of music. They are neither good nor bad.
If used for God's glory they become "good" and if used otherwise they become "evil"

God created music to be used for his worship. every other purpose is an abuse.
Therefore, rock music is not "satanic" until u make it so.

For me, I like rock music. Infact my best song is a rock its titled "You are Amazing God" by Chris Tomlin
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by seunspice(m): 4:56pm On Apr 09, 2008
Maybe the poster should check out Roof top Mcs. That is a cool Rock group. If their music is demonic then my name is Barak Obama.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by eagleroland(m): 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2008
My stand is that Rock Music is dedicated to Illicit Sex and Drugs. These are not subjects promoted by Christianity, Islam or other decent religions. We have to decide what we want from life.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by deb(m): 5:16pm On Apr 09, 2008
What do you want from life?

The fact that a particular style of music is corrupted by some people
does not mean it should not be well used by Christians who like
that same style of music
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 5:19pm On Apr 09, 2008
is dedicated to Illicit Sex and Drugs.

Like Rap/HipHop?
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Echeozo(m): 5:24pm On Apr 09, 2008
&
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 7:01pm On Apr 09, 2008
Wow! Four pages of posts and counting!

How is it that any categorization of any art form can be labelled in such a manner as satanic? For goodness sake, one can find opera in which themes of illicit sex prevail. The fine theatrical work "West Side Story" is about gangs. The United States National Anthem, itself, glorifies war!

Does this mean that one can categorically dismiss all opera, all musical theatre or all national anthems as promiscuous, violent or war-mongering?

So, then, why would anybody think that rock music can, thus, be dismissed as categorically satanic? NO empirical evidence exists that proves it to be. And if such is the case, where is it? Rock music is over fifty years old, now (far older than its average demographic). Can anybody support that it has resulted in a downward spiraling of societal morals? Has rock music indisputably brought about heretofore unheard of depravity and diminution of cultural manifestation? Clearly not.

So while rock might or might not be to everyone's taste, it's certainly not satanic by any reasonable definition.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by dee02(m): 7:15pm On Apr 09, 2008
rock music rocks
fu/ck it, did satan listen to rock music?! tell me,
why do people talk as if na dem create dis world,
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by joecooper(m): 10:11am On Apr 10, 2008
Hey dudes I'm really a rock freak and i can listen to rock songs anytime ofthe day

Ibkaye i realy go by your words.

it should be judged by the lyrics
some of the rock artistes are kind of demonics

Let me say artiste like "Mason"
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by SamMilla1(m): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2008
D-reloaded:

sarcasm really does elude alot of you.

Imbeciles believe anything as evident in this thread

Please D-reloaded, reduce the rate at which you attack people here, They dont have to reason the same way you do and you dont have to call them names because of that, The rules here are against it and nobody is above them.
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by ow11(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2008
eagleroland:

My stand is that Rock Music is dedicated to Illicit Sex and Drugs. These are not subjects promoted by Christianity,

So what do 50cent and 2pac sing about

OR because you don't like the guiters and drums, u condemn it!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by kelvin(m): 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
Even suggesting that all rock music is demonic is offensive to every connoseiur of good music.
Personally, my favorite genre of music is rock.
What qualities of a song qualifies it to be demonic?
If it's the lyrics, then listen to
3 doors down
likin park
cold play
light house family
one republic
remi zero
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by spikedcylinder: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2008
oh well, i guess i'm a satanist then. undecided Yipeee!!!!
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by icezik1(m): 2:09pm On Apr 10, 2008
Rock Rules.

I listen to all types of music including rock, techno, dance, rap, naija music, underground mix, garage, etc. and I believe it's a matter of taste and upbringing as well. If you can look at a hip hop video and a rock video and say that only the rock one is satanic then you probably need Jesus in your life. THe truth is most (80%) of Hip HOp/Rap videos are as demonic as Rock, Reggae etc. MOst R&B songs are about sex, are they any less demonic than some rock songs?

Give me a break. Listen to whatever you want and don't use religion to justify it.

My favourite artistes are Eminem and Linkin Park and Mode9 (SUPPORT NIGERIA)

P.S:- By the way, Nigerian artistes have started releasing rock music eg. Djinee, Roof Top MC's, Uchie, Chinye etc
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by Dreloaded(f): 2:16pm On Apr 10, 2008
kelvin:

remi zero

Oh I like Remy Zero but I think he's more trip hopĀ  wink

Sam Milla, please go and sit down and mind your business

Have a problem with my posts, ignore them. Simple
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by cescky(m): 5:39pm On Apr 10, 2008
@hr hotness

"Its backward statements like these that prevent progress in Nigeria
when Nigerians are faced with something new or something they don't understand they immediately proclaim it demonic."

you made the above statement,why is it that nigerians whom have the prevelage of ever going out of the nation,always feel bigheaded,proud and lookdown on fellow nigerians or africans in africa??,because thats what you just did, try going to google and type in this topic you will find out that it originated in america before nairaland was born,mrs sophisticated and educated.

"i came across another thread by an ignorant buffoon, attacking a religion he doesnt understand
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-124029.0.html#msg2134516"

another one of your quotes again,madam we know say nigeria na third world country, but we shall get to your level of intelligence one day,afterall rome was not built in a day.

all you needed to do on the thread was educate others or miseducate,not curse.please be easy nxt time smiley
Re: Rock Music Is Satanic? by drrionelli(m): 6:02pm On Apr 10, 2008
To ask if rock music is satanic is to inquire from a Judeo-Christian perspective. Perhaps it would be interesting to pose the question to those who do not believe in a satanic entity, either because they hold no beliefs or because they hold non-Judeo-Christian beliefs.

Do these people hold that such negativity is made manifest in rock music?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ajakaju - Latest Yoruba Movie (Watch & Download) / IK Osakioduwa Leaves Rhythm FM After 18 Years / Where Are Our Women, Our Divas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.