Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,962 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) (58944 Views)

Lasisi Elenu Shows Off Pregnant Fiancee, Rants About Her Pregnancy Urges / Ankara Gucci Rants About Lekki Flooded Roads / #bbnaija: Tboss Rants About New Housemates Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by authority2006(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2021
Depressed101:
how can you decide for your kid not to be a Christian or a moslem,

There's no law in Nigeria that says a kid must either be a Muslim or a Christian or their parents should raise them like one.

the purpose of religious study in schools is to give the child a good moral upbringing.

Lol. Religion is nothing but shiit most especially in Nigeria. The corrupt politicians, career officials and yahoo boys, kidnappers and armed robbers are all either Muslims or Christians. I wonder where the morals they were taught are.

And also if you don't want your child to belong to religious school why not take the child and homeschool her yourself or possible take her to China where religious study is not compulsive for kids.. small education una go dey do like say una don get brain.. Shingbine nor dey that scorched head of yours

When you don't even know what your rights are, how would you know what the rights of others are, not to even talk of how to respect it? Who told you that religious studies are compulsory in Nigeria or where did you read that? Shame

6 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by habsydiamond(m): 10:09am On Jun 13, 2021
hush15:

Better still, what is she doing in school? She should stop her from attending such schools or home tutor her. That's why there is GCE....

Her rant is is just clout chasing
that's our people for u... I think she wants the school to change their rules because of her daughter... Yeyebrity..
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by WeNoGoDie(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2021
JamParkMe:
If she doesn't want her daughter to learn religious studies she should homeschool her instead. Pay tutors to teach your daughter at home and stop trying to change decade old curriculum.

100 likes for your wisdom.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by habsydiamond(m): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Oyinlomobambam:

Nice talk from someone that doesn't want Sharia..

Why teaching religion in the first place?

Religion has do us bad than good in this country

I am very sure, we would have progress more than this if not for religion of na me close to God pass or na me be son and daughter of God
we too dey overdo things in this country that's the reason why our problems keep increasing on daily basis. The whites who brought the religions sef are not as religious as us... The main reason for the crisis going on in this country is basically religion, ethnicity only plays little role.

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Bahamas95(m): 10:15am On Jun 13, 2021
Honestly I don't see anything wrong in it, we should learn to tolerate other people's religion. That will make the world a better place for us all. Education is all about learning what you don't know.

I will see it as fun if given assignment about Islam, Hindu etc. What I got to do is to carry out my research.... That doesn't mean they wanna convert me to another religion.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2021
habsydiamond:
we too dey overdo things in this country that's the reason why our problems keep increasing on daily basis. The whites who brought the religions sef are not as religious as us... The main reason for the crisis going on in this country is basically religion, ethnicity only plays little role.

And most of us believe that we're holly than those white that brings religion down here grin

It's better to scrap religion knowledge in school and bring back history, anyone can teach their children religion at home and stop disturbing our society

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:21am On Jun 13, 2021
If it bothers u then dont put ur child in a Christian school or muslim school.better still go to d school BEG them to remove crk for ur child
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Strongbest(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2021
Smh! It's either she her self isn't educated or just seeking unnecessary attention.

At certain level of our Nigerian education system, I think primary and secondary level, you're either doing IRK or CRK as part of your curriculum. At this point, everyone is expected to identify with a religion which for now are Christianity and Islamic. No other religion has been recognized by the system aside these two, to the best of my knowledge. I stand to be corrected though.

If she's not cool with that, let her take her daughter outside the country or wherever she feels she will find a school that won't have such subject as compusory subjects, I doubt she can, judging from the background of the pictures undecided

More also, just reading the bible or doing CRK assignment doesn't make you a Christian! Let her grow and decide her own faith and belief, don't force yours on her. angry sad sad sad
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by hush15: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

Some of you still need miles to cover in recognising and respecting rights of others. If a parents say don't teach my kid bible or quran, you would rather tell such parent to withdraw her kid from your school instead of respecting her atheism? And people like you are the ones shouting islamisation agenda up and down. Hypocrites

There are different types of school. While are general, there are other schools that are custom to, be it religion, ethnicity, or even discipline, in fact, some prefer to be home taught. When you send your child to school that follows the general curriculum that is followed country wide, why would anyone expect the school to change their curriculum to suit a particular child. So when everyone is in class for CRK or IRK, they would give her a special bench in the teachers room to be doing what! Cos she neither this or that. She will be faffing about cos she got automatic free period, if not encouraging other to disorientate a well organised system. Let stop encouraging nonsense abeg. If she doesn't want to be taught religion in class, it's best to withdraw the child from such schools, then look for schools that suits her child and to be honest, she might not find any school that won't teach one of the religion or both. So it's best she tutored at home cos that's the best option.

Doing GCE is not a bad thing. You even have more flexibility with you choice of subject. More than half of those in Uni couldn't have gotten there without the help of GCE. So I don't know where am been hypocritical here but me stating facts. You are the hypocrite I dare say cos you not being honest and trying to be sentimental in your judgment. Your biased mind and many minds like yours is the reason why Nigeria is retrogressing.

If you can't be objective in your opinion, stop quoting me. I don't engage nonchalants
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Malawian(m): 10:37am On Jun 13, 2021
She no know where traditional schools dey to enrole her child ni?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by hopefulLandlord: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.
I'd say it certainly is indoctrination! I'm interested in learning why you think otherwise.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá.
so you needed it, good for you but don't assume everyone else does
The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting[quote] I generally agree with the above but I disagree with it when it comes to religious education, religion does nothing for us in my opinion except give us more reasons to hate ourselves as though the ones we have already aren't enough [quote]... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.[quote]

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason
I'm interested in knowing why you think it lacks premises or reasons. the way I see it you can't see those in her statement because you don't want to
... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering.
what?
Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.
I can't even make sense of this but if what you're saying is that only islamic and Christian education gives morals then I can confidently say that you don't know what you're talking about

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Farki: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:
I bet that Adetutu Alabi will be more comfortable and happy if her daughter is taught sex education rather than religious and moral education.

Sex education is important as it helps prevent unwanted pregnancies, abortions and abandoned children, which are things many religious people are strongly against.

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Benda59: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Please don't mind this pussy attention seeking cat !!! When they teach biology, account, commerce are they converting you to a biologist, accountant or economist ? Why see CRS/CRK differently She needs attention please ignore the fool see where her child is doing assignment in a store !! Illiteracy is speaking through her.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by KenModi(m): 10:42am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:
I bet that Adetutu Alabi will be more comfortable and happy if her daughter is taught sex education rather than religious and moral education.

What is moral education? And who says teaching a child sexual education is bad? A lot of unwanted pregnancies, sexual diseases and molestation by pedophiles would be easily avoided if parents teach their kids about sex from an early age.

7 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by GeneralPula: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2021
[s]
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.
[/s]

She doesn’t care about CRS nor what CRS taught you. You can’t enforce a belief onto a minor.

CRS is a subject full of lies to keep brainwashing Africans..

There was nothing like Christianity during Jesus..

It was after they killed him they introduce the hypocrisy into the world..

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kelmicheal: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2021
Then who are You? When time of trouble comes you will belong to one
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Minjim: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
Lol..

All these religious fanatics..

Allow her daughter discover herself?

Why don't they allow the daughter to discover herself by not forcing religious crap on her?

She is still a minor.

Parents / guardians make decisions for minors
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by gbemishile: 11:09am On Jun 13, 2021
nzeobi:
You can reach to the school authorities or you can go to the state House of assembly to make laws that will protect your interest
You will never say this if it were to be Islamic studies assignment.
Live and let live

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kebliss(m): 11:13am On Jun 13, 2021
Let her simply take her child to a neutral school. Does she want the curriculum altered for her child sake
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.

Lmao... Someone said her daughter is not a Christian and you're here talking about how the subject will impact knowledge and all that.
What knowledge does a story about men living in fish for three days, or talking snakes, and burning bushes, want to impact on her? What benefits are these religious subjects bringing to the society?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:19am On Jun 13, 2021
KenModi:

What is moral education? And who says teaching a child sexual education is bad? A lot of unwanted pregnancies, sexual diseases and molestation by pedophiles would be easily avoided if parents teach their kids about sex from an early age.

They teach sex education in US but they still have loads of "unwanted pregnancies, sexual diseases and molestation by pedophiles". What do you say about that?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:21am On Jun 13, 2021
Farki:

Sex education is important as it helps prevent unwanted pregnancies, abortions and abandoned children, which are things many religious people are strongly against.

Sex education doesn't stop "unwanted pregnancies, abortions and abandoned children". Otherwise, these things would have stopped in Western world long ago.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:23am On Jun 13, 2021
Strongbest:
Smh! It's either she her self isn't educated or just seeking unnecessary attention.

At certain level of our Nigerian education system, I think primary and secondary level, you're either doing IRK or CRK as part of your curriculum. At this point, everyone is expected to identify with a religion which for now are Christianity and Islamic. No other religion has been recognized by the system aside these two, to the best of my knowledge. I stand to be corrected though.

If she's not cool with that, let her take her daughter outside the country or wherever she feels she will find a school that won't have such subject as compusory subjects, I doubt she can, judging from the background of the pictures undecided

More also, just reading the bible or doing CRK assignment doesn't make you a Christian! Let her grow and decide her own faith and belief, don't force yours on her. angry sad sad sad

JamParkMe:
If she doesn't want her daughter to learn religious studies she should homeschool her instead. Pay tutors to teach your daughter at home and stop trying to change decade old curriculum.

I love this energy abeg. cheesy
Please, when the government finally "Islamizes" Nigeria and Sharia law is enforced in all states, abeg make nobody shed tears o. We'll remind you that it's in the constitution, and if you don't want it, take yourself and your family members to countries where there isn't Sharia law. E go reach everybody las las. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Yes, it'd have been better if she was taught sex education, and what is moral about the Christian religion? Will they also teach her how the god in the Bible asked men to slaughters babies? What is moral about that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2021
kebliss:
Let her simply take her child to a neutral school. Does she want the curriculum altered for her child sake

Abeg, when Sharia law is enforced, carry your family members abroad. No need to complain. The government can't alter the constitution because of you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by sulaak(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2021
kadraxkyle:
You are not a Christian nor a Muslim, but you are attending a religious school. Nonsense!

Government schools are not public schools and should be secular.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:32am On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yes, it'd have been better if she was taught sex education, and what is moral about the Christian religion? Will they also teach her how the god in the Bible asked men to slaughters babies? What is moral about that?

Yes, they will teach her everything in the Bible including the fact that God who is SUPREME over all creatures is most merciful, slow to anger but can be a consuming fire to fulfilling his wills.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by CodeTemplar: 11:35am On Jun 13, 2021
Enrol in sango and amadioha secondary school of nighttime then.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Theoarhics: 11:36am On Jun 13, 2021
Then send her to an atheist school then and top complaining.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Yes, they will teach her everything in the Bible including the fact that God who is SUPREME over all creatures is most merciful, slow to anger but can be a consuming fire to fulfilling his wills.

And she said she doesn't want any of that bullcrap for her child, na by force?
She doesn't want her child believing that there's a sky daddy watching her, is it by force?
What benefits will such teaching bring to the society? 10marks if you can answer that question correctly.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:38am On Jun 13, 2021
Theoarhics:
Then send her to an atheist school then and top complaining.

Clown, your fellow Christians are being oppressed in the north.
Tell them to get out and stop complaining and crying.

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Farki: 11:42am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Sex education doesn't stop "unwanted pregnancies, abortions and abandoned children". Otherwise, these things would have stopped in Western world long ago.

You can't stop these things completely yet the rates of unwanted pregnancies are much less than in non western countries.

You can even see this at the state level of the United States

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Tacha Smells Good. I Smelt Her Myself (Video) / Obituary: Chime Amaechina To Be Buried On October 14th (Photo) / Roman Goddess Steps Out In Chest-Baring Red Outfit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.