Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) (58925 Views)

Lasisi Elenu Shows Off Pregnant Fiancee, Rants About Her Pregnancy Urges / Ankara Gucci Rants About Lekki Flooded Roads / #bbnaija: Tboss Rants About New Housemates Behaviour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:45am On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

And she said she doesn't want any of that bullcrap for her child, na by force?
She doesn't want her child believing that there's a sky daddy watching her, is it by force?
What benefits will such teaching bring to the society? 10marks if you can answer that question correctly.

Is her daughter in that particular school by FORCE? Is that school the only one in her area? Is anybody stopping her from homeschooling her daughter?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:47am On Jun 13, 2021
Farki:

You can't stop these things completely yet the rates of unwanted pregnancies are much less than in non western countries.

You can even see this at the state level of the United States

Story!
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:50am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Is her daughter in that particular school by FORCE? Is that school the only one in her area? Is anybody stopping her from homeschooling her daughter?

Mr man, I don't need to remind you that most schools in Nigeria have religious studies in their curriculum (which shouldn't be so), so are you suggesting her child doesn't experience school environment simply because religious study is a do or die affair?
Na by force? Will you say the same if Satanism was part of every school's curriculum? Answer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 11:53am On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Story!

Once presented with facts, you'll act ignorant because you don't want to hear the truth.
You haven't told me the benefits of religious studies in a society. (10marks)
Abi you don't know the benefits of what you believe in again. Or your belief na cruise?

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Mr man, I don't need to remind you that most schools in Nigeria have religious studies in their curriculum (which shouldn't be so), so are you suggesting her child doesn't experience school environment simply because religious study is a do or die affair?
Na by force? Will you say the same if Satanism was part of every school's curriculum? Answer.

Satan doesn't run things. God does with total omnipotence. I will rather homeschool my children and prepare them for major certificate exams than submit to satanic curriculum.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 11:58am On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Once presented with facts, you'll act ignorant because you don't want to hear the truth.
You haven't told me the benefits of religious studies in a society. (10marks)
Abi you don't know the benefits of what you believe in again. Or your belief na cruise?

Not ready for religious argument. Believe in whatever works for you but love your neighbors, obey the law and pay your tax.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Satan doesn't run things. God does with total omnipotence. I will rather homeschool my children and prepare them for major certificate exams than submit to satanic curriculum.

Oh, so now you'll withdraw your child?
Why? I thought you people said no knowledge is a waste.. Or Satanism doesn't have its own knowledge to impact?
And what about when Sharia law is fully enforced in all states, I hope you'll leave the country without complaining? Go and look for the country that will accept your kind.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Not ready for religious argument. Believe in whatever works for you but love your neighbors, obey the law and pay your tax.

You're not ready, but you were ready to defend oppression because your religion is involved. grin
You people will never seize to amaze me.
And you people will be crying that your Christian brothers are being oppressed in the north. Saying Sharia law shouldn't be imposed on them. Ya'll are hypocrites. Enjoy your Nigeria bro. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 12:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Oh, so now you'll withdraw your child?
Why? I thought you people said no knowledge is a waste.. Or Satanism doesn't have its own knowledge to impact?
And what about when Sharia law is fully enforced in all states, I hope you'll leave the country without complaining? Go and look for the country that will accept your kind.

Satanism as a body of knowledge offers nothing to illuminate the mind and spur positive energies therefrom.

By the way, enforcement of Sharia law has absolutely NOTHING to do with Islamic studies. They are two different things as evident even in many Arab countries.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 12:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

You're not ready, but you were ready to defend oppression because your religion is involved. grin
You people will never seize to amaze me.
And you people will be crying that your Christian brothers are being oppressed in the north. Saying Sharia law shouldn't be imposed on them. Ya'll are hypocrites. Enjoy your Nigeria bro. cheesy

Sharia law in its operational principles contains, implicitly, a clause that exempt non-Muslims from its enforcement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by adebwalex(m): 12:11pm On Jun 13, 2021
HMay be your tribal mark no make you get sense. Why the Complain. You came into light because Rihana followed your Instagram and you are even behaving like this. You write up make no sense if you can't even choose between Christian and Muslim...
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Funny heading....

Her choice ...

However no knowledge is lost.
Most females are only clout chasers they hardly exhibit critical thinking habits.

Been thought a religious subject doesn't necessarily mean been indoctrinated!

Reason single motherhood or baby mama lifestyles ain't totally healthy because the child gets only one sided orientation and discipline.
Our society is getting worse off with the new single parent ideology.

@Seniorwriter

This generalisation is rather hasty and biased.

2 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Satanism as a body of knowledge offers nothing to illuminate the mind and spur positive energies therefrom.

By the way, enforcement of Sharia law has absolutely NOTHING to do with Islamic studies. They are two different things as evident even in many Arab countries.

Lol, what did you say about Satanism?
Have you even researched about it?
So what do you know you're talking about?
And no, I wasn't talking about Islamic studies, I was referring to Sharia law as being part of the constitution, the same way you people are defending Crk as being part of the school's curriculum, therefore, one shouldn't complain. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:21pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Sharia law in its operational principles contains, implicitly, a clause that exempt non-Muslims from its enforcement.

Lmao, but your Christian brothers are suffering from it na? Aren't their businesses, like hotels and bars being shut down and demolished in the North?
But wait, so you feel it's good for non-Muslims to be exempted from Sharia law, but you don't feel the same about Crk being imposed in schools? grin grin grin
The hypocrisy stinks bro.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, what did you say about Satanism?
Have you even researched about it?
So what do you know you're talking about?
And no, I wasn't talking about Islamic studies, I was referring to Sharia law as being part of the constitution, the same way you people are defending Crk as being part of the school's curriculum, therefore, one shouldn't complain. cheesy

Sharia law is not part of Nigeria constitution. Some Northern states adopted it as local law peculiar to adoptee-federating unit, which of course, in my opinion, contravenes the secularity clause in our constitution.

1 Like

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 12:31pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lmao, but your Christian brothers are suffering from it na? Aren't their businesses, like hotels and bars being shut down and demolished in the North?
But wait, so you feel it's good for non-Muslims to be exempted from Sharia law, but you don't feel the same about Crk being imposed in schools? grin grin grin

It is not imposed on her. She has options available to her.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by OsusHunter: 12:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
Ever8090:
Is she teaching her daughter atheism or what...?
What's your business?
Must EVERYONE believe in what you believe in?

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:53pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

It is not imposed on her. She has options available to her.

The same way you have the option to leave the country when Sharia law is enforced in Nigeria. It's as simple as ABC. cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by alfarouq(m): 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.

All this epistle coming from people protesting the use of Ajami on the Naira note

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:

Sharia law is not part of Nigeria constitution. Some Northern states adopted it as local law peculiar to adoptee-federating unit, which of course, in my opinion, contravenes the clause secularity clause in our constitution.

Yes it's not, but when it finally happens, leave the country, no be by force to stay.
And if it's not part of the constitution, tell your Christian brothers in the north to stop complaining and crying. If they don't like it, let them get out. Nobody forced them to stay in the north. wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 12:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
alfarouq:

All this epistle coming from people protesting the use of Ajami on the Naira note

You dey mind them?
They said she's chasing clout, but they don't want Arabic inscription on Naira notes. Clowns they are.

4 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by alfarouq(m): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
Savagecontents:
We are all taught Arabic in 100l in the University, that doesn't make us change our belief, it's just a subject not a renouncement
Which university is that?

I think Nigerians need to start thinking and asking the right questions, not swallowing everything,hook, line and sinker

3 Likes

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by deepfreeze(m): 12:58pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

My brother, i'm impressed by your responses, as I hardly make comments on this forum.

You see ssome Christians in Nigeria are a big "Hypocrite". They keep saying they are the most educated but has the major share of "educated illiterates".
For avoidance of doubt I'm a bona-fide unrepentant muslim, and you need to see the double standard this fellows engage in. This is a deep rooted and just didn't manifest today.
I'll give you another case study, somehow deliberately or otherwise, they coined the term "yoruba muslim", it's a form of discrimination, the security situation in the southwest concerns all living or having a stake in the states under SWISS, but ask them to produce the list of the "Top 10" Amotekun Officials and deduce the glaring objective.. Yet the same set of people keep shouting oppression.

Let me just rest here...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by FlipModeSquade(m): 1:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Minjim:

She is still a minor.

Parents / guardians make decisions for minors
And her parent is making the decision for her..

Who are you to tell her being an Atheist is not good for her kid? shocked

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Image123(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

And she said she doesn't want any of that bullcrap for her child, na by force?
She doesn't want her child believing that there's a sky daddy watching her, is it by force?
What benefits will such teaching bring to the society? 10marks if you can answer that question correctly.

Drama queen Samuel. The school should change its systems, scope, mission and curriculum because of your child. Is it not more reasonable to withdraw your child or meet with the school board/authorities to straighten your differences instead of the drama?
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by kingxsamz(m): 1:03pm On Jun 13, 2021
deepfreeze:

My brother, i'm impressed by your responses, as I hardly make comments on this forum.

You see ssome Christians in Nigeria are a big "Hypocrite". They keep saying they are the most educated but has the major share of "educated illiterates".
For avoidance of doubt I'm a bona-fide unrepentant muslim, and you need to see the double standard this fellows engage in. This is a deep rooted and just didn't manifest today.
I'll give you another case study, somehow deliberately or otherwise, they coined the term "yoruba muslim", it's a form of discrimination, the security situation in the southwest concerns all living or having a stake in the states under SWISS, but ask them to produce the list of the "Top 10" Amotekun Officials and deduce the glaring objective.. Yet the same set of people keep shouting oppression.

Let me just rest here...
True.
Fact is, they don't like being oppressed, they just love being the oppressors.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Depressed101: 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2021
authority2006:

[s]There's no law in Nigeria that says a kid must either be a Muslim or a Christian or their parents should raise them like one.

Lol. Religion is nothing but shiit most especially in Nigeria. The corrupt politicians, career officials and yahoo boys, kidnappers and armed robbers are all either Muslims or Christians. I wonder where the morals they were taught are.

When you don't even know what your rights are, how would you know what the rights of others are, not to even talk of how to respect it? Who told you that religious studies are compulsory in Nigeria or where did you read that? Shame[/s]
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Image123(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

You dey mind them?
They said she's chasing clout, but they don't want Arabic inscription on Naira notes. Clowns they are.

There's nothing wrong with the Arabic language. It's only reasonable that the accepted lingua franca and major languages should be what a country should use. Otherwise we might as well use French and Portuguese and Hindi. Arabic is not an official language in Nigeria. Like i said, there's no problem having it there, except that it hardly makes sense.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yes it's not, but when it finally happens, leave the country, no be by force to stay.
And if it's not part of the constitution, tell your Christian brothers in the north to stop complaining and crying. If they don't like it, let them get out. Nobody forced them to stay in the north. wink

OK
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by festacman(m): 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2021
kingxsamz:

The same way you have the option to leave the country when Sharia law is enforced in Nigeria. It's as simple as ABC. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Ok
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by otipoju(m): 1:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
othermen:
Doing religious studies doesn’t mean you are being indoctrinated with a certain belief.

What CRS taught me that year was reconciliation, forgiveness, fortitude, charity and tolerance. I think these virtues exist in other religions as well... in Islam, in the Odu Ifá. The purpose of education is to expose us to that which we do not know, to help us have an understanding or enlightenment and make us more accepting... and those that cannot listen to others or to the contrary are not yet educated and that is why I think that Mrs Adetutu's concern should be listened to as well.

However, having listened, I cannot commend her activism, as it lacks premises or reason... but even the absence of such premises or reason shouldn't be the basis of disrespecting another's view. While I think her request should be respected, I hope she allows herself to be informed of the likely consequences of her action which sadly it is her child suffering. Such consequence includes but is not limited to the insight the little girl would be losing but also the opportunities that such knowledge or evidence of such knowledge affords. The little girl however may be made to take an hybrid civil & moral education class to lessen the lack or withdrawn from the school altogether and taken to that which suits the backward, retarding and hindering definition of education that Mrs Adetutu has.

Your writing dey sweet me for belle.
Re: Adetutu OJ Rants About Her Daughter's Religious Assignments (Pix) by Naughtysex: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2021
festacman:
I bet that Adetutu Alabi will be more comfortable and happy if her daughter is taught sex education rather than religious and moral education.

Sex education is more meaningful than religion education
Nigerian has the biggest church auditorium in the world (or one of the biggest), tell me if that has impacted any meaningful things into the life of those choir mistress who has been fvkcing life out of your young pastors

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Davido's Chioma Received A Surprise 26th Birthday Party, Hosted By Clark Adeleke / Dj Cuppy Flaunts Car, Wows In Lovely Ankara Outfits (photos) / "Yvonne Said Nigerians Are Useless And silly": Man Accused Of Assaulting Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.