Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,382 members, 7,815,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife (88011 Views)

MKO Abiola’s Wife, Zainab Slams Lawsuit On IGP, Demands ₦‎100 Billion / Abdullahi Salame Shoots Dead An Armed Robber Who Attacked His House (Photos) / Zainab Duke Abiola Calls Jonathan’s Book ‘Monumental Manipulation Of Facts’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by gotnel: 1:57am On Jun 15, 2021
Sammy07:
If I'm to guess

Fayose and Akala are my suspects.

Fayose nah Ibadan based
Akala nah baba thug, Ibadan bases too

As for aregbe, I'm not too sure if him
Fayose is my main suspect tho, we all know who were behind the death of this man (World bank consultant)
Forgotten his name.sha

Ayo Daramola from Ijan Ekiti.. The type of thugs that operated with Fayose in his first tenure as Ekiti state governor, were real killer's squad.
Fayose is s the most susceptible to have ever been able to find money on highways in such a manner.
The guy is an original street boy in his younger days.
Even, till now, that traces of rogues lifestyle is virtually visible in him

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Legalaffairs(m): 2:06am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Or where they repeatedly robbing Abiola?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?

Read with your brain connected, stop insulting.

She said Chief advise them to go back to school and opened the door for them to come whenever they need money. The first day in Chief's house will ensue with the introduction of who they were. Haba!
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ajl: 2:18am On Jun 15, 2021
nairavsdollars:
Tinubu was already wealthy before becoming governor

Tinubu, wealthy before he became governor? What kind of wealth? He wasn't wealthy and was no more than a typical political hustler. Abi no be the same person that ran away during June 12 issue. There are pictures of him online around that period. Check the phot of Tinubu in this nairaland link: https://www.nairaland.com/1323910/bola-tinubu-dele-momodu-old

That was after June 12, 1993. My guess is that the picture was taken during Abacha years (between 1994 - 1998). That was before he became a governor in 1999. So, does that look like someone that is wealthy? He didn't look any different from a political refugee on the street of London that depend on a British government stipend of 50 pounds per week. That is Dele Momodu beside him.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by IPOBrep: 2:19am On Jun 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Sir, I know from your comments the generation of Nigerians or ( should I say IPOB terrorists group) you belong to. That generation that do not read , they spend all their time on the social media and have strong opinions on everything. Sir, even banks here in Nigeria, have treasurers. I personally know some and you can just read up please. You can't even have the chance to meet them if you keep wasting time on the social media or repping a terrorist group instead of building your career now. Is this how your generation want to run Nigeria( or IPOBland ) without reading?

You have no single shame but wouldnt lie low.

A person working in a treasury is not a treasure okoro.

Show me a link to a person titled treasurer in a limited liability company or any non charity organisation .

Dont go about insulting people you dont know in real life. Am not in your league or abusive retards

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by IPOBrep: 2:26am On Jun 15, 2021
klas:

See how all of you just wallow in ignorance with arrogance.

If you are uninformed, why not research?

Which big companies or banks don’t have treasury operations? What is the nomenclature of the head of treasury?

ExxonMobil has a Company Treasurer and one of the recent occupants of that position that I know of, is Femi Ogunbi.

You should be ashamed of yourself for exhibiting such level of ignorance in a public forum.

I have been in the finance industry for 15 years now, show me your proof with a link or hide your face in shame.

A treasury office staff is not a treasurer. At best they can be called treasury officers. That doesnt make them treasurers ,the roles are different, the industry does not allow for such

Ask bankers arround you.

Treasurers are used mostly by charitable organisations

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by olmoRoc: 2:30am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
How did she recognize the robbers they encountered on the road the first time as the now governors and house member?
Also if she is so sure of her facts and the story why is she not mentioning the names of the people herself?

Exactly my thoughts.

Unless they kept going to him for help, and he eventually gave them employment.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by shegun4sur: 2:34am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.

Gbenga Daniel's business was booming.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ifko: 2:49am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:
Tinubu..

Ladoja

Akala

Aregbe...

Pick from the above...

Since Na Yoruba state
Aregbe
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ChiefSweetus: 2:54am On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 2:54am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?

https://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advice/job-descriptions/279147-corporate-treasurer-job-description#:~:text=What%20does%20a%20corporate%20treasurer,their%20money%20and%20financial%20risks.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Emyogalanya: 2:56am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.
did you not read where he said come to the house, anytime you need money? They had a sound conversation on that road to the extent she was "happy" at a robbery scene and you are surprised she recognized them. Bro even y can almost recognize them even by mere reading of this thread. Yes you can start by asking : in which state is the palace of the olubadan located? There you have clue to the riddle
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Obason22(m): 2:56am On Jun 15, 2021
Tinubu
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ChiefSweetus: 2:56am On Jun 15, 2021
hedonido:

When some of you unfortunate elements repeat this baseless and unverified "treasurer of Mobil Nigeria" rubbish, I feel like slapping sense into you. Is Mobil a thrift society or does Mobil look like your village town union? Treasurer as per who or what?
grin
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by juniorstar(m): 2:58am On Jun 15, 2021
Heard a song not too long ago..something caught my attention in the song "scam in Oba lola" guess he was referring to the arm robber that became a governor and house of rep.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 15, 2021
IPOBrep:

Limited liability companies don't have treasurers. Not to talk of an unlimited liability company. Get the point

A Treasurer is someone responsible for over-seeing the corporate funding needs of an organization, cash-flow management, and making sure unutilized funds are properly invested in various investment instruments. Not all companies necessarily have it as a stand-alone role, as the CFO in most cases also assumes the responsibility of the Treasurer.

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Emyogalanya: 3:00am On Jun 15, 2021
Asgard73:

Fayose Na soft kid...

Ekiti no get that mind

Oyo n ogun grin
is the palace of olubadan located in ekiti state. Check well that's where you can find the robber turned governor
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ournolly: 3:06am On Jun 15, 2021
seunmsg:

Before becoming a senator in 1992, Tinubu was the Treasurer of Mobil Nigeria. He joined Mobil while in the USA before he was transferred to Mobil Nigeria.

If the story is actually true and I’m to make a guess, Fayose will be the number one on my list. He was based in Ibadan around that time doing so many shady businesses. Others I can think of are Rauf and Gbenga Daniel.
Treasurer in an oil company?
Are you guys really ok?

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Emyogalanya: 3:06am On Jun 15, 2021
[quote author=Penguin2 post=102715881]

Lol!

I’m Fayose fan but shit looks like what he will do.

I would have said Tinubu but dude was busy pushing drug in Chicago then.[/quite]abeg leave fayose out, does ekiti host the olubadand palace? But by the way. How could she say he was ambushed ? The robbery was already on before they arrived. And they consciously walked into it. Maybe cos they recognized the robbers who also recognized them
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by amuwo1980: 3:09am On Jun 15, 2021
She made up this story

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by BassReeves: 3:10am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
I can't help but lemme give you a hint. He was a generator repairer, he was handed over to tinubu for grooming by MKO, he later became lagos federal House of reps member before becoming governor and now, a serving minister. Gd night

Eriokanmi:
[s] Haha. The person is a serving minister in buhari administration. He was a generator repairer from the world go, before his encounter with abiola who later handed him over to tinubu after he became a changed being. He was elected house of reps twice in Lagos before becoming governor...hope you can guess right now. Suffice it to say I be logisian to the core. The man wasn't even from lagos but incidentally became a federal law maker twice. Fayose is totally out of point...omo baba alufaa CAC[/s]

Eriokanmi:
Nope. He's a serving minister and 2 time federal law maker

Eriokanmi:
[s]No. Fayose was already wealthy before becoming governor. Have you heard of stainless autos in challenge ibadan back in the days? His dad is still alive. He's a retired Christ Apostolic Church Pastor. While his wife, the daughter of former assistant General superintendent of same church worldwide. His wife's dad's name was Makinde from Erio Ekiti...now late. Think again. Let me burst your bubble. That man is now one of the ministers in Buhari's cabinet. He was a generator repairer before that time. MKO later linked him to Tinubu. He was voted house if reps twice before becoming governor . He truly went back to school, before becoming governor. Hope you could guess right now [/s]
Current cabinet Naija
Muhammadu Buhari President Commander-in-chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces
Cabinet of Nigeria: 11 November 2015–present

Portfolio | Incumbent |Term
Minister of Petroleum Muhammadu Buhari 2015–present
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo 2015–present
Minister of Justice Attorney General Abubakar Malami 2015–present
Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyeama 2015–present
Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning Zainab Ahmed 2018–present
Minister of Defence Bashir Salihi Magashi 2019–present
Minister of Education Adamu Adamu 2015–present
Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment Richard Adeniyi Adebayo 2019–present
Minister of Labour and Employment Chris Ngige 2015–present
Minister of Federal Capital Territory Mohammed Musa Bello 2015–present
Minister of Science and Technology Ogbonnaya Onu 2015–present
Minister of Mines and Steel Development Olamilekan Adegbite 2019–present
Minister of Interior Rauf Aregbesola 2019–present
Minister Of State for Budget and National Planning Clement Agba 2019–present
Minister of Works and Housing Babatunde Fashola 2015–present
Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Sabo Nanono 2019–present
Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi 2015–present
Minister of Power Saleh Mamman 2019–present
Minister of Health Osagie Ehanire 2019–present
Minister of Women Affairs Pauline Tallen 2019–present
Minister of Niger Delta Godswill Akpabio 2019–present
Minister of Information and Culture Lai Mohammed 2015–present
Minister of Environment Muhammad Mahmood 2019-present
Minister of Water Resources Suleiman Adamu 2019–present
Minister of Youth and Sports Sunday Dare 2019–present
Minister for Aviation Sirika Hadi 2015–present
Minister of State for Environment Sharon Ikeazor 2019–present
Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Zubair Dada 2019–present
Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development Ikechukwu Ogah 2019–present
Minister of State for Health Adeleke Mamora 2019–present
Minister of State for Labour and Employment Festus Keyamo 2019–present
Minister of State for Power Goddy Jedy Agba 2019–present
Minister of State for Works and Housing Abubakar D. Aliyu 2019–present
Minister of State for Education Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba 2015–present
Minister of State for Agriculture and Rural Development Mustapha Baba Shehuri 2019–present
Minister of State for Niger Delta Tayo Alasoadura 2019–present
Minister of Police Affairs Maigari Dingyadi 2019–present
Minister for Communication Isa Ali Pantami 2019–present
Minister of State for Industry, Trade and Investment Maryam Katagum 2019–present
Minister of State for Petroleum Timipre Sylva 2019–present
Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development Sadiya Umar Faruk 2019–present
Minister of State for Transportation Gbemisola Saraki 2019–present
Minister of Special Duties and International Affairs George Akume 2019–present
Minister of State for Federal Capital Territory Ramatu Tijani 2019–present
Minister of State for Science and Technology Mohammed Abdullahi 2019–present

If the words don't add up, it's usually because the truth wasn't included in the Eriokanmi equation.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 15, 2021
ajl:

Tinubu, wealthy before he became governor? What kind of wealth? He wasn't wealthy and was no more than a typical political hustler. Abi no be the same person that ran away during June 12 issue. There are pictures of him online around that period. Check the phot of Tinubu in this nairaland link: https://www.nairaland.com/1323910/bola-tinubu-dele-momodu-old

That was after June 12, 1993. My guess is that the picture was taken during Abacha years (between 1994 - 1998). That was before he became a governor in 1999. So, does that look like someone that is wealthy? He didn't look any different from a political refugee on the street of London that depend on a British government stipend of 50 pounds per week. That is Dele Momodu beside him.

Tinubu's father was the respected lawyer and policeman - Kafaru Tinubu, so he came from a somewhat affluent background. As at when he ran from Nigeria, he was already a senator, and housed several NADECO members on exile in his houses abroad, hence why he was given an unfair advantage in the primary elections to become Governor in 1999 over Funsho Williams.

Tinubu hasn't been a poor man since the 80s.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Nobody: 3:11am On Jun 15, 2021
IPOBrep:

You should be ashamed of yourself for exhibiting such level of ignorance in a public forum.

I have been in the finance industry for 15 years now, show me your proof with a link or hide your face in shame.

A treasury office staff is not a treasurer. At best they can be called treasury officers. That doesnt make them treasurers ,the roles are different, the industry does not allow for such

Ask bankers arround you.

Treasurers are used mostly by charitable organisations

This really is plain ignorance.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by grandstar(m): 3:16am On Jun 15, 2021
CryptoRepublic1:

Stop making excuses, it's true that majority of the wealthy blacks always die with their empires fact.

I've my theory to it ,but I'm too lazy to type now.

My angst is blaming the Blackman. Have you done research on wealthy white families?

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by temitope27(m): 3:23am On Jun 15, 2021
Eriokanmi:
No. Fayose was already wealthy before becoming governor. Have you heard of stainless autos in challenge ibadan back in the days? His dad is still alive. He's a retired Christ Apostolic Church Pastor. While his wife, the daughter of former assistant General superintendent of same church worldwide. His wife's dad's name was Makinde from Erio Ekiti...now late. Think again. Let me burst your bubble. That man is now one of the ministers in Buhari's cabinet. He was a generator repairer before that time. MKO later linked him to Tinubu. He was voted house if reps twice before becoming governor . He truly went back to school, before becoming governor. Hope you could guess right now
tell me cos I no fit guess
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by temitope27(m): 3:25am On Jun 15, 2021
victorazy:

Is Fayose in house of Reps?

Na so una dey fail exam!
u no sabi read, an ex governor
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Karemarealty288(m): 3:30am On Jun 15, 2021
Maybe Amosun cos I heard dude is a gun runner.

1 Like

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 3:32am On Jun 15, 2021
FarahAideed:
Who could the robber that became governor be?

Probably Fayose
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Ugandatales: 3:37am On Jun 15, 2021
seborrhic:

Rubbish story.

She said Abiola said they should be coming to see him if they need anything. So, I'm guessing he became kind of like their godfather. That's probably how she knows them well.
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Map1(m): 3:41am On Jun 15, 2021
temitope27:
Maybe fayose
hnmmmmm you feel right o
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by yusluvad(m): 3:45am On Jun 15, 2021
Nigeria jagajaga...
Kzinne:
Jeez. Imagine the people we have in power. No wonder they keep robbing the people
Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by Vaughanlanrewaj: 3:45am On Jun 15, 2021
IPOBrep:

You have no single shame but wouldnt lie low.

A person working in a treasury is not a treasure okoro.

Show me a link to a person titled treasurer in a limited liability company or any non charity organisation .

Dont go about insulting people you dont know in real life. Am not in your league or abusive retards
You're obviously repeating the same mistake and at the bolded alone gave you away. Like I stated earlier, I can figure out your generation. Let me assist you, especially for the sake of others who are teachable . Please type on Google search engine, Treasurer, Bank XYZ ( replace xyz with the name of any Nigerian bank) and search, the name of the treasurer of the particular bank will come up.
You can repeat for most top well structured organisations with strong corporate governance. Finally, be humble so you can learn sir. Don't allow hatred and bigotry limit your ability to grow. You obviously may have not worked in well structured organisations in the mould of ExxonMobil so you don't know but be humble enough to learn instead of hauling insults online. I will no longer respond to you. Good morning sir.

2 Likes

Re: An Armed Robber Who Ambushed Abiola Became A Governor - Zainab Duke-Abiola, Wife by ariesbull: 3:48am On Jun 15, 2021
Richandsimple:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/06/14/three-armed-robbers-who-ambushed-mko-abiola-his-way-olubadan%E2%80%99s-palace-became-governor
why do Yoruba states produce touts as leaders....

Now the widow has said it all ..they became governor in SW states and reps member

Their main man was a druggie
Now this one shouting oduduwa up and down was involved into cross boarder smuggling and whatever

It looks as if crime pays in SW land

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Okorocha’s N1billion Mansion Shocks Buhari - Pointblank.com / Peter Obi Wins In Lagos, Beats Bola Tinubu / Coronavirus: In Few Months From Now, Newspaper Headlines May Read Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.