Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ (4368 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 7:46am On Jun 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]"...Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies. I expected you knew this as even Bible Students know this bit, so this is quite surprising!...."[b]

So true!

And he goes on to surprise me even more!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2021
truespeak:

Barefaced Lie? shocked you have just confirmed my suspicion that you know no-thing and understand no-thing for if even this simple understanding of "Neighbour" you Know Not which is the foundation for Understanding the All of Neighbour, you do not know, then you are irredeemable and cannot be helped and your flagrant display of your lack of knowledge even on this Forum is quite pitiable and I must Stop at this point for to argue with one who lacks understanding of even the basics is a Vanity and sorry, I do not do Vanities!

Use the scriptures to show us where your enemy is also considered a neighbor. Is that too hard for you to prove?

Because claiming your enemy can also be your neighbor is a barefaced lie. Jesus clarified that in the parable of the Good Samaritan.

It was the person who did good to the robbed traveller that was considered his neighbor. Does your enemy show you that level of mercy to be considered a neighbor? What kind of lies are you spewing here?

Show us in the Torah (Exodus to Deuteronomy) where God instructed the Israelites to “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 7:48am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

OkCornel, do you doubt TrueSpeak when he says, "Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies", because what he says is the Truth.

If you doubt TrueSpeak, then just ask Jesus, through Whom the worlds were made, including you and I.

If one is so literal and does not want use their Spiritual eyes to see the meaning behind the words in the Old Testament or the New, then they will get very little from Scripture.

This is very reason that Jesus used parables, to keep those who wanted to remain willfully blind and deaf from knowing the Word of God, because it would be pointless for them.

I hope you won't allow this for yourself like the Pharisees did.

One example from Genesis:
Why did God not want Cain to kill his brother Abel ?
Cain considered Abel to be his enemy.
But God did not want Cain to commit murder, which is based on hatred.
Therefore God wanted to Cain to Love Abel anyway, even though Cain considered Abel to be his enemy.

If Jesus explains it properly to us, and He does, then we should use His Light to read the rest of the Bible properly.
Just like the Parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus is absolutely saying we should have mercy on (love) everyone.
When Jesus tells us to Love our enemies, yes even our enemies, is He not saying we shall therefore Love everyone ?
And if we know Jesus is saying this, we should not continue testing God by missing the point on purpose.

Thank you for this Truth!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 7:52am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you claim to not know that Samaria and Isreal are Enemies?

Thus a Samarian or Samaritan showing kindness to an Israelite is a Clear Example and Undisputable Fact of an Enemy, loving his enemy, in Fulfilment of The Law of Love thy Enemy (Neighbour)

I know you know these Truths but because you are evil, you are only carrying out your evil works by hiding in the areas you consider darkness exactly as Satanist do.

Unfortunately, that is your right and there is a absolutely nothing any human can do about it.

Another big facepalm. Did the Good Samaritan show mercy to the robbed traveler? Was it not on that basis he was considered his neighbor?

Your level of ignorance is really nauseating.

Let me pull out the scriptures for you to see, which you’ll still deny anyways.

Conclusion to the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Luke 10 v 36-37;

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

37 The expert in the law replied, “The one who had mercy on him.”

If someone has shown consistent mercy to you, is that person your enemy or your neighbor?

Ogbeni open the Torah (Exodus to Deuteronomy) and show us where God instructed “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

Because putting your enemy under the umbrella of “neighbor” is a barefaced lie.

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

If someone has shown consistent mercy to you, is that person your enemy or your neighbor?...

See Satan, did Christ or The Law say "Consistent Mercy"?

Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Execute true justice, show mercy and compassion everyone to his brother

Nothing like "Consistent Mercy", he standard is not stretched so Satan.

Doing simple Mercies is Good enough!, Satan, so get out!

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Execute true justice, show mercy and compassion everyone to his brother

Yes, he acts just like Satan, doesn't he ?

And he will end up in the same place (if he doesn't repent).
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:37am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Just as I thought, you’re conflating things, and not dividing the word properly.

Use the scriptures to prove to us that your enemy is your neighbor, because the bolded part of your quote is a barefaced lie.

Didn’t Jesus clarify who your neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan? Why are you lying on Jesus?

Show us in where in the Torah God instructed “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

Cc: Jesusjnr2020, Kobojunkie
Bro you're absolutely right.

Anyone who doesn't know that Jesus brought a new Law is ignorant of the Truth. That new Law is the Law of Christ which Paul said he was under as you rightly pointed out.

Jesus said:

The Law and the prophets prophesied until John: since that time the Kingdom of God is preached, and every man pressed into it. Luke 16:16 (KJV)

Hence the era of the Law of Moses ended with Jesus forerunner John. Jesus ushered us into a new era, when the Kingdom of God was being preached. That was the era of His Law.

Jesus was bringing something new, greater, and better to what already was, hence the need for John to come and prepare the way and hearts of men to makes things easier for Him, so that the change wouldn't be too drastic for them to accept.

Even with that there was still much resistance to the new Law, but it would have been much worse had it not been for John's remarkable efforts.

What people should understand is that God never changes, but man changes, so God has to change the way He deals with them. If He used His own Standard to follow the Israelites in the wilderness, He would have destroyed them because they were not willing but stiff-necked and rebellious. Hence you have laws like that of divorce which Moses gave to them, which was one of the Laws Jesus amended. Jesus said Moses gave it to them because of the hardness of their hearts not because it was the way God intended it to be in beginning or His own Standard. Matthew 19:3-8

It's different from dealing with a righteous man like Abraham, because he's willing, so God was able to use His own Standard of perfection to walk with him. Genesis 17:1.

That's the same standard of the Law Jesus brought with Him which is to make us perfect as the Father is, a different standard from the Law of Moses which was strategically devised for a nation of stiff-necked and rebellious people to enable God fulfill His promises to Abraham concerning them. Matthew 5: 48.

The new Law of Christ was meant for a nation of willing and obedient individuals which would make up His church and the kingdom of God which He would reinstate on Earth, even as it was in the beginning.

Thanks and God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 8:46am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Still beating around the bush. How is the Good Samaritan an enemy when he showed mercy to the one that was robbed?

Why do you guys love lying on the scriptures?

Open the Torah (Exodus to Deuteronomy) and show us where God instructed “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

As far as the parable of the Good Samaritan goes, the one who shows mercy to you is your neighbor. How can such a person be your enemy?

Where are you religious zealots so retarde*d in your critical thinking?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 8:51am On Jun 24, 2021
The other day on this very thread, DTruthspeaker was unable to demonstrate to us how Genesis 16 v 12 is a curse to Ishmael but Genesis 49 v 8-9 & 16-17 is a blessing to Judah and Dan.

Today, he’s trying spin another lie that your enemy can also be your neighbor. Whereas the parable of the Good Samaritan clearly demonstrates that it is the one who shows mercy that is considered to be a neighbor.

It’s quite shameful to see lots of unlettered nut jobs who can’t get basic comprehension right, running amok and making the most noise on the religious section. Empty barrels really make the loudest noise.

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

To show you how dumb your assertion is, does that scripture you quote says “SHOW MERCY AND COMPASSION TO YOUR ENEMY?”

Again, pull out the reference for that scripture and stop trying to be clever by half. Let’s all read that passage in CONTEXT.

And yes! I deliberately used the word CONSISTENT MERCY, because if you have your basic comprehension working, the Good Samaritan showed multiple acts of mercy to the robbed traveller.

1. He bound his wounds
2. Took him to an inn at his own expense.
3. Ensured the robbed traveller was treated at his own expense!

But hey, this one flew over your head no thanks your deficiency in basic and critical reasoning.

Jeez! It’s a pity having to school someone on something too basic to miss.

Dtruthspeaker Dliespeaker, your mumu dey wear Agbada and Turban on Tuesday, today na 3 piece suit your mumu dey wear.

Who knows, na filthy rags your mumu fit wear tomorrow. Anyways, keep up the good show, you’re keeping us entertained.

Cc Jesusjnr2020, Kobojunkie
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2021
CAN SOMEONE HONEST SHOW ME THAT SCRIPTURAL REFERENCE THAT STATES YOUR ENEMY (YES THAT SAME ENEMY THAT STRIKES YOU ONE CHEEK AND YOU’RE EXPECTED TO TURN THE OTHER) IS ALSO YOUR NEIGHBOR?

What kind of liars and ignorant folks do we have running amok in this religion section?

If the parable of the Good Samaritan is anything to go by, your neighbor is the one who shows mercy to you. Biko, can someone who strike you on the cheek (an enemy) also be your neighbor?

Religious zealots never cease to amaze me with the warped way of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:05am On Jun 24, 2021
Another simple question for the religious nut jobs on this thread;

According to the parable of the Good Samaritan, is the Priest and Levite also considered as neighbors to the robbed traveller?

I want to see how these dumb religious zealots will twist around this one.

Luke 10 v 29-37;

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020, MaxinDhouse
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:11am On Jun 24, 2021
Luke 10 v 29-37;

29 But he wanted to justify himself, so he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.

31 A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.

32 So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

33 But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him.

34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him.

35 The next day he took out two denarii[e] and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’

Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

Mr Truespeak and Dtruthspeaker, is the Levite and Priest in that passage also considered a neighbor to the robbed traveller?

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020, MaxinDHouse.

And while at it, prove to us how an enemy can also be a neighbor at the same time.

Patiently waiting.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 11:36am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

Yes, he acts just like Satan, doesn't he ?

Same move, same Twisting Serpent and same speech pattern.

awitness41:

And he will end up in the same place (if he doesn't repent).

He is already marked for that place as Written and he knows it, so he can not repent.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:38am On Jun 24, 2021
According to truespeak and Dtruthspeaker, in the parable of the talents, the robbers (enemies) who beat up the traveller and left him for dead are also neighbors to the traveller.

Some people are really deficient in basic reasoning.

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020, MaxinDHouse

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:39am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

He is already marked for that place as Written and he knows it, so he can not repent.

Are the robbers, the Levite and the Priest also neighbors to the robbed traveller in the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Time for you twist and dodge.

Religious zealots sha cheesy
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 11:40am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The very same moves hence I have left off speaking with him!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:43am On Jun 24, 2021
truespeak:

The very same moves hence I have left of speaking with him!

You have left indeed.

Answer everyone here.

Are the robbers, the Levite and the Priest also neighbors to the robbed traveller in the parable of the Good Samaritan?

You lots are shameless liars twisting the scriptures to propagate false doctrines everywhere.

Answer this question let us know if you know more than what Jesus knows.

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:47am On Jun 24, 2021
Notice how Truespeak and DTRUTHSPEAKER are quiet on whether the robbers, the Levite and the Priest are also neighbors to the robbed traveller.

It’s to label someone Satan they can easily do, just as the hypocritical Pharisees and Sadducees did something similar to Jesus, accusing him of being in league with Belzeebub.

Woe unto these blind lying teachers who twist the scriptures to their own destruction.

Shameless lying religious zealots, that’s what you are.

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020, MaxinDHouse
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 12:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:
Notice how Truespeak and DTRUTHSPEAKER are quiet on whether the robbers, the Levite and the Priest are also neighbors to the robbed traveller.

We have already answered you and we can not be seen connected to you whilst you have become mad in repeating questions which have been answered which is a proof of the fact that you no longer have anything reasonable to say but that you gone insane.

I think I speak the silence of all of us, which is that we do not keep company with the insane.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]"...Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies. I expected you knew this as even Bible Students know this bit, so this is quite surprising!...."[b]

So true!
If "neighbor" in the context of "love your neighbors as yourself" truly means all men including your enemies, then why did Jesus say, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy."? Matthew 5:43 (KJV)

Or are you implying that Jesus didn't know that "neighbor" included the person's enemies, hence there was no need for that amendment?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

We have already answered you and we can not be seen connected to you whilst you have become mad in repeating questions which have been answered which is a proof of the fact that you no longer have anything reasonable to say but that you gone insane.

I think I speak the silence of all of us, which is that we do not keep company with the insane.

Again, you lied.

Are the robbers, the Levite and the Priest also considered neighbors to the robbed traveller?

Where did you answer this question?!

Just answer let’s know who is lying between you and Jesus.

Where in the scriptures are your enemies also considered your neighbor? Stop lying abeg.

I’m repeating these questions because you have given no scriptural reference that proves;

1. Your enemy is also your neighbor.
2. The Torah (Specifically exodus to Deuteronomy) instructed Israelites to love their enemies!

Stop lying on the scriptures. Are you this shameless?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 12:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
If "neighbor" in the context of "love your neighbors as yourself" truly means all men including your enemies, then why did Jesus say, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy."? Matthew 5:43 (KJV)

Or are you implying that Jesus didn't know that "neighbor" included the person's enemies, hence there was no need for that amendment?

Bros, these guys (Truespeak and Dtruthspeaker) are empty headed to be honest.

I wonder why Christ made a demarcation between neighbors and enemies if according to their warped logic an enemy can also be considered a neighbor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

You do get it grin you just can not believe it is True! As is your right to not believe a Truth.

I can't believe Adam was inpregnated by the devil?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Bros, these guys (Truespeak and Dtruthspeaker) are empty headed to be honest.

I wonder why Christ made a demarcation between neighbors and enemies if according to their warped logic an enemy can also be considered a neighbor.
Maybe they think He didn't know what He was talking about.

Though it's no longer surprising to see Christians who think they could possibly know more than Christ. I'm already getting used to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 4:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:
It’s to label someone Satan they can easily do, just as the hypocritical Pharisees and Sadducees did something similar to Jesus, accusing him of being in league with Belzeebub.
Woe unto these blind lying teachers who twist the scriptures to their own destruction.
Shameless lying religious zealots, that’s what you are.
The way I see it, these characters are just here to spread lies and argue meaninglessly and endlessly , stroking their egos as they move from page to page spreading many of their obvious lies. These clearly do not care nor understand the ramifications of the lies they continue to disseminate in the name of God. They probably believe it is harmless to them. undecided

I am just glad Jesus Christ made it OK to dust one's sandals and move on when in situations like this so one can instead spend that time on something worthwhile though. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 5:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The way I see it, these characters are just here to spread lies and argue meaninglessly and endlessly , stroking their egos as they move from page to page spreading many of their obvious lies. These clearly do not care nor understand the ramifications of the lies they continue to disseminate in the name of God. They probably believe it is harmless to them. undecided

I am just glad Jesus Christ made it OK to dust one's sandals and move on when in situations like this so one can instead spend that time on something worthwhile though. undecided

grin grin what else shall a moneyjunkie aka moneyworshipper spew from his mouth!

Of course it is expected from you, so nothing new here!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2021
truespeak:

grin grin what else shall a moneyjunkie aka moneyworshipper spew from his mouth!

Of course it is expected from you, so nothing new here!

Are you ready to tell us whether the Robbers that attacked the traveller and the Priest and Levite that ignored him in the parable of the Good Samaritan are his neighbors too?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 10:48pm On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Another big facepalm. Did the Good Samaritan show mercy to the robbed traveler? Was it not on that basis he was considered his neighbor?

Your level of ignorance is really nauseating.

Let me pull out the scriptures for you to see, which you’ll still deny anyways.

Conclusion to the Parable of the Good Samaritan.

Luke 10 v 36-37;

If someone has shown consistent mercy to you, is that person your enemy or your neighbor?

Ogbeni open the Torah (Exodus to Deuteronomy) and show us where God instructed “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

Because putting your enemy under the umbrella of “neighbor” is a barefaced lie.

Cc: Kobojunkie, Jesusjnr2020

[/b]
"....
If someone has shown consistent mercy to you, is that person your enemy or your neighbor?...."[b]

It's like you are taking the word enemy to be the direct opposite of neighbour.

No, enemy is not the word opposite of neighbour.

The word opposite of enemy is friend.
The word neighbour inhabit friend and foe (enemy).

Therefore, when He said THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR... friends and foes are captured.

Possibly, hardness of their heart cause the exclusion of enemy....

Again, when He said THOU SHALT NOT AVENGE....
it's our enemies that we avenge.

Who is an enemy?
the person who hates you,
the person who wishes you die
the person who refuses to greet you or answer your greetings
the person who blackmails you....

*. " KJV:But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless THEM THAT CURSE YOU, do good to THEM THAT HATE YOU, and pray for THEM WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and PERSECUTE YOU;"

According to Jesus, enemies =
1. THEM THAT CURSE YOU,
2. THEM THAT HATE YOU,
3. THEM WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and
4. THEM THAT PERSECUTE YOU;"

As we use to say "family is made up of father, mother and children"

In the same, neighbour is made up of friends and foes.

If reject it, no problem.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 11:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]
"....
If someone has shown consistent mercy to you, is that person your enemy or your neighbor?...."[b]

It's like you are taking the word enemy to be the direct opposite of neighbour.

No, enemy is not the word opposite of neighbour.

The word opposite of enemy is friend.
The word neighbour inhabit friend and foe (enemy).

Therefore, when He said THOU SHALT LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR... friends and foes are captured.

Possibly, hardness of their heart cause the exclusion of enemy....

Again, when He said THOU SHALT NOT AVENGE....
it's our enemies that we avenge.

Who is an enemy?
the person who hates you,
the person who wishes you die
the person who refuses to greet you or answer your greetings
the person who blackmails you....

*. " KJV:But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless THEM THAT CURSE YOU, do good to THEM THAT HATE YOU, and pray for THEM WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and PERSECUTE YOU;"

According to Jesus, enemies =
1. THEM THAT CURSE YOU,
2. THEM THAT HATE YOU,
3. THEM WHICH DESPITEFULLY USE YOU, and
4. THEM THAT PERSECUTE YOU;"

As we use to say "family is made up of father, mother and children"

In the same, neighbour is made up of friends and foes.

If reject it, no problem.

Wait, you mean you know more than Christ who defined what a neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Alright, if neighbor also encompasses enemies, why then did Christ lay a demarcation between enemy and neighbor here? Think about it nau, if neighbor includes enemies, then it’s pointless for Christ to state the following below;

"Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy."? Matthew 5:43 (KJV)

And while at it, are you also telling us that the robbers that beat up the traveller and left him for dead, as well as the Levite and Priest are also neighbors to the robbed traveller per the parable of the Good Samaritan?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Splinz(m): 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2021
truespeak:

If you are not free from God's Law, that means you are bound to obey it and if God's Law be different from Christ's shall there not be conflict? There shall Surely be, and you shall be torn either ways and the Law that "No one can serve two Masters" shall catch you!

But if the Law of God and of Christ are the same, there shall be no conflict and you shall dwell in peace for you have one Master and one Law!

Paul clearly had one Master and one Law for the Law of Christ is the Law of God Christ being one with His Father, therefore no conflict and no different Laws!

Paul's Text is Legal Text and this is where Law(y)ers are required to Interpret it!

Excellent! Well done.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Splinz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 25, 2021
truespeak:

Is this Not Already Covered by the Commandments of God aptly captured by "Love your Neighbours" ? You have only supplied the proof that Christ gave no different Law from God's Already Established Law, His Law is God's Law, they are one and the same!

When will they understand that the Ten Commandments is nothing both LOVE & MERCY?

Well done.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Prayer Points For Fasting Period February 2008 / Why Majority Of Christians And Their Leaders Will Miss Heaven. / Are Christians Held Accountable, What Does It Mean To Reap What You Sow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.