Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,366 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ (4350 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Joshua, Job, David and co will laugh at you.
Did Christ not clearly say "Why do ye (you) also transgress the Commandment of God..."
"Thus have ye (you) made the Commandment of God of non-effect..."
You do not even intend keeping The Law not to talk of "trying" to keep it, as is within your right to not do so.
[/b]
"...Joshua, Job, David and co will laugh at you."
[b]

Thanks for balanced knowledge of the Word.

God Himself named three people and said that they are righteous....
why can't we look into their own case.

*. Job 1:8 "KJV: AND THE LORD SAID unto Satan, Hast thou considered MY SERVANT JOB, that there IS none like him in the earth, A PERFECT AND AN UPRIGHT MAN, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?"

Note:
AND THE LORD SAID MY SERVANT JOB IS A PERFECT AND AN UPRIGHT MAN,

Who else can know a man more than the Lord?

*. Ezekiel 14:14 "KJV:Though THESE THREE MEN, NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB, were in it, they should DELIVER but THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAITH THE LORD GOD."

Note:
THESE THREE MEN, NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB, DELIVER THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAITH THE LORD GOD."

*. Ezekiel 14:20 "KJV:Though NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but DELIVER THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

can any of us doubt God?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
truespeak:

If Christ is our Law, is His Law different from the Law of God? If they are not but rather flow from the Law Already in Existence as He Clearly Expressed ,then is it not clear that it is One Law?

There is no different Law, therefore if no different Law then it is One and the Same Law which even Christ obeyed whilst He was here with us and if you claim to be His Followers, then you Must Do Likewise for that is what it means to Emulate Him, as you yourself said!

You are not the problem at all. The problem is our inability to comprehend what it means to change/ annul a commandment/ law.

You are showcasing a better understanding of how laws amendment/annulment work.

God bless you.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

No man can keep those old Testament laws God knows that all God wanted is for man to cry out to him for help when we see we can't keep them

In Jesus we actually keep them because only Jesus fulfilled those laws
During the time of Jesus Christ, at least 5 people who followed the Old Covenant Law of Moses were listed as having attained righteousness by it and they are. .. undecided

1. Joseph, after of Jesus Christ
2. Zechariah and Elizabeth , his wife
3. Simeon, a priest
4. Joseph of Arimathea
5. John the Baptist

Even Jesus Christ made it known that there were those who were already made righteous in the land through the following of the Old Covenant when He declared that He had not come to call the righteous but the sinners. undecided

So, no, Jesus Christ was never the only one who fulfilled the Old Covenant Law. There were others who did even before He came. undecided
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 9:43pm On Jun 23, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

God punished Adam for following his wife to sin the SAME sin. I still don't get your point.

You do get it grin you just can not believe it is True! As is your right to not believe a Truth.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 9:50pm On Jun 23, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]
"...Joshua, Job, David and co will laugh at you."
[b]

Thanks for balanced knowledge of the Word.

God Himself named three people and said that they are righteous....
why can't we look into their own case.

*. Job 1:8 "KJV: AND THE LORD SAID unto Satan, Hast thou considered MY SERVANT JOB, that there IS none like him in the earth, A PERFECT AND AN UPRIGHT MAN, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?"

Note:
AND THE LORD SAID MY SERVANT JOB IS A PERFECT AND AN UPRIGHT MAN,

Who else can know a man more than the Lord?

*. Ezekiel 14:14 "KJV:Though THESE THREE MEN, NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB, were in it, they should DELIVER but THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAITH THE LORD GOD."

Note:
THESE THREE MEN, NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB, DELIVER THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS, SAITH THE LORD GOD."

*. Ezekiel 14:20 "KJV:Though NOAH, DANIEL, AND JOB were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but DELIVER THEIR OWN SOULS BY THEIR RIGHTEOUSNESS."

can any of us doubt God?

cheesy True! When God Speaks, The Law of Life (and death) goeth forth out
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 9:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
OkCornel:

Can you show us which of the 613 commandments in the Old Testament did God instruct the Israelites to love their enemies?
I could show you where Jesus turned the tables in the New Testament.
Matthew 5 v 43-48;
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’
44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.
46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?
47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I have tried to understand what you are saying but I don't think I'm getting you correctly.

The law of love have been in existence but with a limited application.

Jesus came and expounded, expanded and extended its scope.

The former scopes still stand as valid!

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 9:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
truespeak:

When Christ speaks you should pay attention to the Words he uses, for every word was deliberately used and are not there for nought!

Christ started by saying "You have heard that it was said.." meaning "you hear say..." which is what we call in Law hearsay, what people said and not what the Law said!

When Christ spoke of the Law, He clearly says "It is Written" or "What did the Law say" or anything to the effect of the Law speaking for Itself and not hearsay!

Therefore He was not referring to the Law but to the Hearsay, people held on to and then went on to Clarify God's Mind and Law on that Matter which is Love thy Enemies which is still very much in keeping with the Law of Love thy Neighbour which All the Law including the 613 you mention so much cheesy hang on as I told you afore, it is the Omnibus Law and if you check all the Law, you would find it is Already Covered by the Omnibus Laws of Love the Lord thy God and/or Love thy Neighbour and there is no getting around it!

You said Christ was addressing a hear say?

Again, you have not addressed my question.

Where in the 613 laws does it explicitly state you should love your enemy?

Or are you conflating love for your neighbor to mean love for your enemies too? Kindly read the parable of the Good Samaritan and know who Jesus described one’s neighbor to be.

So please, where does the Torah state “ LOVE YOUR ENEMY?”

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

You are not the problem at all. The problem is our inability to comprehend what it means to change/ annul a commandment/ law.

You are showcasing a better understanding of how laws amendment/annulment work.

God bless you.

Thank you for your kind words.

It is my Solemn Duty as a Lawer/Lawyer to so do which is the First Calling of Every Lawer, to Explain the Law that all men may understand and keep the Law in its True Form, but I do not think it is just a problem of "inability to comprehend", I also see that People Hate the Truth and prefer Lies and Deceit and hate you for bringing the Truth to their Knowledge, it is not just here on Nairaland but I see it even in my Practice but I also understand it is their Right to Hate the Truth and Reject it but Nonetheless the Truth Must be brought Forth!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 10:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy True! When God Speaks, The Law of Life (and death) goeth forth out

Ride on man...

To the Law, if they speak not after this, it's because the truth is not in them:

*. Isaiah 8:20 "
KJV: TO THE LAW and to the testimony: IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD, it is because THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM."
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 10:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

I have tried to understand what you are saying but I don't think I'm getting you correctly.

The law of love have been in existence but with a limited application.

Jesus came and expounded, expanded and extended its scope.

The former scopes still stand as valid!

I know of the law of;
Love God with all your might, heart etc
Love your NEIGHBOR as yourself.

Please can you show us in the Torah where Israelites were explicitly told to Love their enemies?

Truespeak claims Jesus did not come with any new commandments so… hence my question.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 10:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
truespeak:

Thank you for your kind words.

It is my Solemn Duty as a Lawer/Lawyer to so do which is the First Calling of Every Lawer, to Explain the Law that all men may understand and keep the Law in its True Form, but I do not think it is just a problem of "inability to comprehend", I also see that People Hate the Truth and prefer Lies and Deceit and hate you for bringing the Truth to their Knowledge, it is not just here on Nairaland but I see it even in my Practice but I also understand it is their Right to Hate the Truth and Reject it but Nonetheless the Truth Must be brought Forth!

[/b] " Nonetheless the Truth Must be brought Forth" [b]

For sure...!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Ride on man...

To the Law, if they speak not after this, it's because the truth is not in them:

*. Isaiah 8:20 "
KJV: TO THE LAW and to the testimony: IF THEY SPEAK NOT ACCORDING TO THIS WORD, it is because THERE IS NO LIGHT IN THEM."

Let us endure till the end and not fall as Solomon and Hezekiah and some of the kings of Israel who started very well but failed at the end.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 10:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
OkCornel:

You said Christ was addressing a hear say?

Again, you have not addressed my question.

Where in the 613 laws does it explicitly state you should love your enemy?

Or are you conflating love for your neighbor to mean love for your enemies too? Kindly read the parable of the Good Samaritan and know who Jesus described one’s neighbor to be.

So please, where does the Torah state “ LOVE YOUR ENEMY?”

cheesy cheesy I have answered you and as before you do not like my answers!

The word "Neighbour" as we say in Law is Broad and all Encompassing for every man is a "Neighbour" one to each other hence Christ used the Parable of the Samaritan to show the far reaching extent of the Word "Neighbour" and it is Limitless thus even your Enemies would fall into it and you are bound to be a "Neighbour" to him!

Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies. I expected you knew this as even Bible Students know this bit, so this is quite surprising!

And as I told you before the 613 Laws are founded on The Law of Love the Lord thy God and The Law of Love thy Neighbour which this falls under, therefore it is in keeping with All the Law as Christ Himself Taught hence my answer as I told you even Yesterday which remains the same even Today! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 10:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
OkCornel:

I know of the law of;
Love God with all your might, heart etc
Love your NEIGHBOR as yourself.

Please can you show us in the Torah where Israelites were explicitly told to Love their enemies?

Truespeak claims Jesus did not come with any new commandments so… hence my question.

[/b]
"....Truespeak claims Jesus did not come with any new commandments ..."[b]

He is speaking with the knowledge of how laws amendment/annulment work.

Since the word LOVE does not disappear, it is no new law.

Probably, the issue of hardness of their heart may be the reason they excluded LOVE THY ENEMIES.

Jesus came up with what it was from the beginning.

Practical ways to love your enemies is to give them food when they are hungry and water when they are thirsty,
pray for their healing when they are ill or pay their hospital bills when they are admitted.

It was there in the old testament (law):

*. Proverbs 25:21 "
KJV: IF THINE ENEMY BE HUNGRY, GIVE HIM BREAD TO EAT; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:"

*. Psalm 35:12 "KJV:They rewarded me evil for good to the spoiling of my soul.
KJV:But as for me, WHEN THEY WERE SICK, my clothing was sackcloth: I HUMBLED MY SOUL WITH FASTING; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom."

In law interpretation, THOU SHALT NOT AVERAGE THYSELF is having the same meaning as LOVE THY ENEMIES, DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HATE YOU.

*. Leviticus 19:18 "KJV: THOU SHALT NOT AVENGE, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord."

*. Proverbs 24:29 "KJV: SAY NOT, I WILL DO SO TO HIM AS HE HATH DONE TO ME: I will render to the man according to his work."

my brother, some of them refused to apply it....
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 11:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]

Probably, the issue of hardness of their heart may be the reason they excluded LOVE THY ENEMIES.

Practical ways to love your enemies is to give them food when they are hungry and water when they are thirsty,
pray for their healing when they are ill or pay their hospital bills when they are admitted.

KJV: IF THINE ENEMY BE HUNGRY, GIVE HIM BREAD TO EAT; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink:"

KJV:But as for me, WHEN THEY WERE SICK, my clothing was sackcloth: I HUMBLED MY SOUL WITH FASTING; and my prayer returned into mine own bosom."

In law interpretation, THOU SHALT NOT AVERAGE THYSELF is having the same meaning as LOVE THY ENEMIES, DO GOOD TO THOSE WHO HATE YOU.

*. Leviticus 19:18 "KJV: THOU SHALT NOT AVENGE, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the Lord."

*. Proverbs 24:29 "KJV: SAY NOT, I WILL DO SO TO HIM AS HE HATH DONE TO ME: I will render to the man according to his work."

Oh! This is so Sweet to See!

Hmmh Hmmmh Hmmmmmh!

God bless thee for the Exposition of this Truth!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 23, 2021
OkCornel:

Can you show us where in the Law we should turn the other cheek when we are struck?

Patiently waiting.

Yes. That would be Most Important Commandment #2 - Love your neighbor as yourself, under which are the last 6 of the 10 Commandments, including #6, "you shall not murder".

Christ himself points out the murder includes all self-righteous name-calling, anger, etc.

Thus, there's the Letter of the Commandment, and the Heart of the Commandment which includes all things which the Commandment encompasses.

Have we not all sinned ?
Haven't we not all struck people either physically or verbally ?
And if so, should we continue to act out in self-righteousness against another who does the same thing ?
Only if we are still-sinning hypocrites.
Therefore, we should not be hypocrites by "murdering back".
We as Christians shall suffer for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
It doesn't mean we can't tell the Truth and question why someone struck us, as Jesus did at His trial when someone struck Him, saying:
"If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?" (John 18:23 NKJV)

See the Commandments in everything, friend, and it will make you wise, because they include all aspects of human behavior.
The Heart of each Commandment expands the simple Letter of each Commandment to its full meaning in God's Standard of Righteousness.
Peace to you.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 12:26am On Jun 24, 2021
truespeak:

The word "Neighbour" as we say in Law is Broad and all Encompassing for every man is a "Neighbour" one to each other hence Christ used the Parable of the Samaritan to show the far reaching extent of the Word "Neighbour" and it is Limitless thus even your Enemies would fall into it and you are bound to be a "Neighbour" to him!

Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies. I expected you knew this as even Bible Students know this bit, so this is quite surprising!

And as I told you before the 613 Laws are founded on The Law of Love the Lord thy God and The Law of Love thy Neighbour which this falls under, therefore it is in keeping with All the Law as Christ Himself Taught hence my answer as I told you even Yesterday which remains the same even Today! cheesy

Just as I thought, you’re conflating things, and not dividing the word properly.

Use the scriptures to prove to us that your enemy is your neighbor, because the bolded part of your quote is a barefaced lie.

Didn’t Jesus clarify who your neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan? Why are you lying on Jesus?

Show us in where in the Torah God instructed “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

Cc: Jesusjnr2020, Kobojunkie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 12:30am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

Yes. That would be Most Important Commandment #2 - Love your neighbor as yourself, under which are the last 6 of the 10 Commandments, including #6, "you shall not murder".

Christ himself points out the murder includes all self-righteous name-calling, anger, etc.

Thus, there's the Letter of the Commandment, and the Heart of the Commandment which includes all things which the Commandment encompasses.

Have we not all sinned ?
Haven't we not all struck people either physically or verbally ?
And if so, should we continue to act out in self-righteousness against another who does the same thing ?
Only if we are still-sinning hypocrites.
Therefore, we should not be hypocrites by "murdering back".
We as Christians shall suffer for the sake of the Kingdom of God.
It doesn't mean we can't tell the Truth and question why someone struck us, as Jesus did at His trial when someone struck Him, saying:
"If I have spoken evil, bear witness of the evil; but if well, why do you strike Me?" (John 18:23 NKJV)

See the Commandments in everything, friend, and it will make you wise, because they include all aspects of human behavior.
The Heart of each Commandment expands the simple Letter of each Commandment to its full meaning in God's Standard of Righteousness.
Peace to you.

Peace to you brother.

My question is simple. Where can we find in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers or Deuteronomy can we find the instruction to turn the other cheek when struck?
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 12:32am On Jun 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]

Again, quoting Proverbs and claim it’s a law is a fallacy in itself.

The laws were codified in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy. Where in these books can we see the instruction “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Peace to you brother.
My question is simple. Where can we find in Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers or Deuteronomy can we find the instruction to turn the other cheek when struck?
OkCornel:

Just as I thought, you’re conflating things, and not dividing the word properly.
Use the scriptures to prove to us that your enemy is your neighbor, because the bolded part of your quote is a barefaced lie.
Didn’t Jesus clarify who your neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan? Why are you lying on Jesus?

OkCornel, do you doubt TrueSpeak when he says, "Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies", because what he says is the Truth.

If you doubt TrueSpeak, then just ask Jesus, through Whom the worlds were made, including you and I.

If one is so literal and does not want use their Spiritual eyes to see the meaning behind the words in the Old Testament or the New, then they will get very little from Scripture.

This is very reason that Jesus used parables, to keep those who wanted to remain willfully blind and deaf from knowing the Word of God, because it would be pointless for them.

I hope you won't allow this for yourself like the Pharisees did.

One example from Genesis:
Why did God not want Cain to kill his brother Abel ?
Cain considered Abel to be his enemy.
But God did not want Cain to commit murder, which is based on hatred.
Therefore God wanted to Cain to Love Abel anyway, even though Cain considered Abel to be his enemy.

If Jesus explains it properly to us, and He does, then we should use His Light to read the rest of the Bible properly.
Just like the Parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus is absolutely saying we should have mercy on (love) everyone.
When Jesus tells us to Love our enemies, yes even our enemies, is He not saying we shall therefore Love everyone ?
And if we know Jesus is saying this, we should not continue testing God by missing the point on purpose.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 2:19am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

This already seems like it might go on for several more pages of what amounts to brain-farts. undecided

Exodus 21, the entire chapter, lists what can be considered the revenge laws. which are summed below.
Exodus 21 vs 24 -25
24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,
25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
Another reference can be found in Leviticus.
Leviticus 24 vs 19 -20
19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;
20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.
Revenge is also listed in case of false witness, and this of the the law of two or three witnesses...
Deuteronomy 19 vs 21

16 If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong;
17 Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days;
18 And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
19 Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
20 And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
21 And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.

God sanctioned the repayment of evil with evil, and this in the Old Covenant. undecided

Jesus Christ did not lie when he pointed out that it should not be "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth..." as it was in the Old Covenant, with his own followers undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 24, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This already seems like it might go on for several more pages without a genuine answer by any one them. Maybe it is time to give them a clue.

Exodus 21, the entire chapter, lists what can be considered the revenge laws. which are summed below.

Another reference can be found in Leviticus.

Jesus Christ did not lie when he pointed out that it should not be "Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth..." as it was in the Old Covenant, with his own followers undecided

No indeed, Jesus did not lie. Those laws were originally made, I believe, for fairness in judgement; but since people misused them for vengence, Jesus corrected their hearts on the matter. Just as Jesus did with divorce, which Moses also allowed because the people's hearts were hard.

No doubt Moses had a hard job, and was not Jesus Christ himself... although Moses obviously did it well enough to make it to Heaven already and the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ.

And I've also wondered about the many times that death was to be carried out by stoning, as in the case of adultery for example, did the stonings always take place ? In the Old Testament, did they always take an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth ? Who knows. But Jesus certainly wanted to correct it, as He did by saying to those who were ready to cast stones at the adultress, that He who is without sin, let him cast a stone at her first.

Which makes me wonder, how much latitude was Moses given by God to deal with the people ?
We know that God spoke to Moses face to face.
But was that always the means, or did Moses sometimes use his best discernment based on what he perceived on his Spirit ?
We don't know everything, but we surely know Jesus Christ doesn't lie.
If Jesus wanted to correct Moses on some things because hardened people misused those things, then Jesus is 100% correct.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 3:27am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

No indeed, Jesus did not lie. Those laws were originally made, I believe, for fairness in judgement; but since people misused them for vengence, Jesus corrected their hearts on the matter. Just as Jesus did with divorce, which Moses also allowed because the people's hearts were hard.

No doubt Moses had a hard job, and was not Jesus Christ himself... although Moses obviously did it well enough to make it to Heaven already and the Transfiguration of Jesus Christ.

And I've also wondered about the many times that death was to be carried out by stoning, as in the case of adultery for example, did the stonings always take place ? In the Old Testament, did they always take an eye for an eye, or a tooth for a tooth ? Who knows. But Jesus certainly wanted to correct it, as He did by saying to those who were ready to cast stones at the adultress, that He who is without sin, let him cast a stone at her first.

Which makes me wonder, how much latitude was Moses given by God to deal with the people ?
We know that God spoke to Moses face to face.
But was that always the means, or did Moses sometimes use his best discernment based on what he perceived on his Spirit ?
We don't know everything, but we surely know Jesus Christ doesn't lie.
If Jesus wanted to correct Moses on some things because hardened people misused those things, then Jesus is 100% correct.
1. Are you not here one of those arguing that followers of Jesus Christ are somehow bound to the Old Covenant Law of Moses, a Law that God clearly marked as being ONLY for those who have the Blood of Jacob in their veins - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 -20 ? undecided

2. The same Old Covenant Law of Moses has never changed and was never abolished as even to it's very day, and till eternity, that Law remains alive and in full force for all those who are born with the blood of Jacob in their veins, so I don't know what you mean by " the laws were originally made...". undecided

Are you somehow of the mind that God must have been drunk and mistaken when He gave the Old Covenant Law through His Servant Moses, to the people of Israel, as an everlasting Covenant in the land of Canaan? undecided

3. God Almighty Himself demanded an eye for an eye; A tooth for tooth; breach for breach; hand for hand, foot for foot; life for life... that was God's own decree- that was all God .

A. So in offering up apologetics here, are you somehow suggesting Moses addedd his own personal will to God's Law, which he gave the people? undecided

B. You accuse Moses of adding to God's Law, an act against God Himself, accusing God of turning a blind eye to moses' disregard of His command? undecided

C. Do you realize how that makes God seem an incompetent celestial mess then if the one who He chose to deliver His Law to the people failed in doing even that? undecided

4. As for the woman caught in the act of Adultery, if you had a good understanding of the Old Covenant laws, particularly the law of 2 or 3 witnesses partly in Deuteronomy 19 vs 15 - 21 , you would be half way in understanding what Jesus Christ did in that story.

Jesus Christ was not Himself a witness against the woman so He couldn't stone her and this by the Old Law. Also, as Jesus Christ previously informed us that He had not come to condemn so there was ofcourse no way He would chosen to condemn said woman to Death(perishing). So instead He chose to send her away to sin no more.

However, in that He adds for us, His followers, a new commandment which is that instead of what is given in the Old Covenant law of 2 or 3 witnesses, only those who are without sin - those holy/perfect or righteous- can condemn another for sins... undecided

FYI We may not know everything but this we know that God is God of Laws and He does not make mistakes. undecided
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Nobody: 5:55am On Jun 24, 2021
KJ, you do little but twist, distort, and accuse, just like the devil himself.

If you want to keep blaspheming God, you can.

If you want to keep hating His Commandments, you can.

But even the devil knows what the penalty is for not repenting, for not forgiving others, and for not ceasing willful sin.

Yes. A permanent second death in Hell Fire.

Anyone who can read can read the Gospels of Jesus Christ, with the right to believe Jesus or not.

They do not need a deceiver like you standing in their way.

You've spent the better part of two years of your life out here in Nairaland.... all for less than nothing.

Matthew 7:17-19 (NKJV), Jesus speaking:
17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit.
19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Kobojunkie: 6:13am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:
KJ, you do little but twist, distort, and accuse, just like the devil himself.
If you want to keep blaspheming God, you can.
If you want to keep hating His Commandments, you can.
But even the devil knows what the penalty is for not repenting, for not forgiving others, and for not ceasing willful sin.
Yes. A permanent second death in Hell Fire.
Anyone who can read can read the Gospels of Jesus Christ, with the right to believe Jesus or not.
They do not need a deceiver like you standing in their way.
You've spent the better part of two years of your life out here in Nairaland.... all for less than nothing.
Wow...just as expected..more meaningless brain-farts for a response! undecided

1 Like

Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by OkCornel(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

OkCornel, do you doubt TrueSpeak when he says, "Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies", because what he says is the Truth.

If you doubt TrueSpeak, then just ask Jesus, through Whom the worlds were made, including you and I.

If one is so literal and does not want use their Spiritual eyes to see the meaning behind the words in the Old Testament or the New, then they will get very little from Scripture.

This is very reason that Jesus used parables, to keep those who wanted to remain willfully blind and deaf from knowing the Word of God, because it would be pointless for them.

Therefore God wanted to Cain to Love Abel anyway, even though Cain considered Abel to be his enemy.

If Jesus explains it properly to us, and He does, then we should use His Light to read the rest of the Bible properly.
Just like the Parable of the Good Samaritan, Jesus is absolutely saying we should have mercy on (love) everyone.
When Jesus tells us to Love our enemies, yes even our enemies, is He not saying we shall therefore Love everyone ?
And if we know Jesus is saying this, we should not continue testing God by missing the point on purpose.

Can you show us where in the scriptures where your enemy is also considered a neighbor?

Didn’t Jesus clarify who your neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Now please show us where in the scriptures where your enemy is also considered a neighbor.

And while at it, show us where in Exodus all the way to Deuteronomy where the Torah states “LOVE YOUR ENEMY”.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 7:25am On Jun 24, 2021
awitness41:

He is just being a fraud using "Strict Interpretation of Statutes" whereas he knows Laws are interpreted by their spirits "the letters killeth"

He is just using it to comit murder.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by KNOWMORE56: 7:27am On Jun 24, 2021
truespeak:

[/b]"...Therefore Love your Neighbour means Love All Men and All Men include your Enemies. I expected you knew this as even Bible Students know this bit, so this is quite surprising!...."[b]

So true!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[/b]
"....If it were up to God alone to choose, all men would be righteous and obedient to His Word, because God is not willing that anyone perish but that all come to repentance,..."[b]

He that has an ear to hear, let him hear;
he that has an eye to see and read, let him do so.

The above statement is golden....
Thanks bro.

Jesus says, "My sheep hear My Voice", so if anyone hears not His voice, it's because they are not His sheep, probably wolves in sheep clothing.

God bless.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by Dtruthspeaker: 7:34am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Can you show us where in the scriptures where your enemy is also considered a neighbor?
Didn’t Jesus clarify who your neighbor is in the parable of the Good Samaritan?

Do you claim to not know that Samaria and Isreal are Enemies?

Thus a Samarian or Samaritan showing kindness to an Israelite is a Clear Example and Undisputable Fact of an Enemy, loving his enemy, in Fulfilment of The Law of Love thy Enemy (Neighbour)

I know you know these Truths but because you are evil, you are only carrying out your evil works by hiding in the areas you consider darkness exactly as Satanist do.

Unfortunately, that is your right and there is a absolutely nothing any human can do about it.
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2021
OkCornel:

Cc: Jesusjnr2020, Kobojunkie

Barefaced Lie? shocked you have just confirmed my suspicion that you know no-thing and understand no-thing for if even this simple understanding of "Neighbour" you Know Not which is the foundation for Understanding the All of Neighbour, you do not know, then you are irredeemable and cannot be helped and your flagrant display of your lack of knowledge even on this Forum is quite pitiable and I Must Stop At This Point for to Argue with one who lacks understanding of even the basics is a Vanity and sorry, I do not do Vanities!
Re: Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ by truespeak: 7:44am On Jun 24, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Do you claim to not know that Samaria and Isreal are Enemies?

Thus a Samarian or Samaritan showing kindness to an Israelite is a Clear Example and Undisputable Fact of an Enemy, loving his enemy, in Fulfilment of The Law of Love thy Enemy (Neighbour)

I know you know these Truths but because you are evil, you are only carrying out your evil works by hiding in the areas you consider darkness exactly as Satanist do.

Unfortunately, that is your right and there is a absolutely nothing any human can do about it.

Ha! Na wa o! I am in awe of the Public Display of Stupidity and Wickedness rolled up in one!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Best Time To Pray And Allah Will Answer The Prayer / Yookos Christian Who Smoke W E E D / Why Is Africa The Most Religious Continent Yet The Most Undeveloped???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 146
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.