Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? (728 Views)

Women, Kneel To Accept Wedding Proposal; You Benefit More From Marriage Than Men / Two Nairalanders Are Getting Married Next Weekend / Getting Married To A Man Who Earns 35,000 As Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by Nobody: 8:46am On Jun 20, 2021
I am still in search of a concept or subject matter that draws so much attention and causes so much controversy as the topic of marriage. If you are considering the origin of marriage in biblical sense, you will remember how Adam pushed the blame on God for giving him a wife. Serious issues are associated with marriage.

In our contemporary era, there is a raging argument on two radical extremes; the sympathizers of the male folk and that agitators of women’s rights and equality. Who is the primary beneficiary in a marriage union, the man or the lady? This argument stems from the attitude of people to lay claims and establish rights. The male folk posit that they are being benevolent by committing their money and resources to bring a lady to their house. The ladies present their story as they being kind enough to agree to come and assist the helpless men put themselves in order and achieve something for themselves. This debate has been going on for a decades now.

For the sake of this article, it is necessary for you to bear in mind that we are discussing marriage between two heterosexual man and woman. No aspect of this article directly or indirectly addresses same sex marriage. What is the objective stance on this? Solving this question will require us to answer some other questions and then we will deduce from these questions to draw a conclusion.

So, let us begin Was marriage structured to be one sided? As Christians, I believe in the account of the Bible about marriage. Looking at the accounts of the Bible, no one can concretely assert that the institution of marriage was such that it leaned more to one side than the other. Marriage is seen as a union of two separate individuals to become one. There is no mention of one party being better favoured than the other. As such, as will be subsequently seen, everyone had full participation in the marriage affair.

Also, from history, marriage was a consolidation of an agreement between two parties. There are no special hierarchy or ranking. The persons in marriage are called partners. Is one party more responsible for the marriage than the other? One might argue that more duties are placed on one party, which in this case will seem obviously to be the man, than the other party, the woman. In fact, a large population of people will readily give this opinion as reply to the question above.

On a critical assessment, it is not easy to point exactly where the scale tilts to in terms of responsibility in marriage. It is true that mostly, it is the man’s job to go hunting for his bride. Also, he is the one to institute the marriage process.

Furthermore, the man is saddled with the duty of providing for the needs of his wife as well as his entire family. All these duties are huge ones and as such has very pressing demand on the man. Similarly, the woman has the duty of submitting to the man, catering for her husband, carrying pregnancies, nurturing and looking after kids. She attends to all members of the home as well as ensure that there is smooth running of home.

Looking at these variables, there is no role having higher magnitude than the other. Both the man and woman is assigned a unique set of roles. These roles are such that may not be exchanged or swapped. Like the man cannot be asked to undertake child birth. In similar way, the woman is not expected to be handling strenuous tasks. These peculiar tasks are assigned by the simple, yet vital forces of biology and nature.

Who holds the higher rights in marriage?

After getting married, some partners begin to lay claims to some aspect of the marriage. The man or woman might claim to it’s children, the house or some other item of the marriage. It is true that most times, due to the initial investment men usually put in. At times, partners may feel this entitlement because they feel they are doing the other party a favour.

However, in reality, no one partner can claim to be in charge of a union than the other. Both parties hold equal stake. The marriage bond binds the two partners on the same level. As such, there is no one who is better placed than the other. Conversely, considering the answers to the subquestions given above, it can be deduced that marriage is a concept of equality.

In Marriage, age difference, finances, efforts and so on are immaterial. Thus, the marriage by two persons, for two persons, for the benefit of the two persons. Accordingly, the idea that one person enjoys the union than the other. So, after careful analyses, it is safer to keep in mind that marriage is better enjoyed on the grounds of equality and balance.
Source:
https://flipmemes.com/2021/05/23/who-stands-to-benefits-more-by-getting-married/

CC
misssclassy
Lalasticlala
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Mukina2

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by riverbird: 8:53am On Jun 20, 2021
Ofcours it's the woman

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by NwaAmaikpe: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2021
shocked

Marriage does the most for women.

I have explained how in a similar post.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by Bahamas95(m): 9:20am On Jun 20, 2021
Women.

This is because they(Nigerian women) take marriage as top priority.....Few months into a relationship you will hear this annoying question they always ask "Where is this relationship heading to?" If they don't have anything to gain they won't be asking that question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by ecolime(m): 9:22am On Jun 20, 2021
Women of course
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by johnkey: 9:26am On Jun 20, 2021
if you're below 35 and married (married to the new set of hoes, the good women were our mothers), then you're a big fool and will probably remain one till you die, you will die lonely and sad after which your embargo wife would have turned the back of your children against you and probably took over your properties with the help of the lawyer that's fücking her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2021
All of una dey talk women in Nigeria marriage doesn't favour women but women are eager to get married because of societal pressure and so called biological clock

A lot of women lose themselves in marriage they even rarely have time for themselves if the marriage goes haywire women are blamed and men are overlooked this wil in turn make many women to stay put no matter the BS they receive in the marriage.

Yes times have changed but marriage still favours men more which is why I wonder why a lot of young girls are obsessed with marriage and want to marry early and end up losing themselves after marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2021
johnkey:
if you're below 35 and married (married to the new set of hoes, the good women were our mothers), then you're a big fool and will probably remain one till you die, you will die lonely and sad after which your embargo wife would have turned the back of your children against you and probably took over your properties with the help of the lawyer that's fücking her.

LMAO, because women of today are refusing to overlook the BS and nonsense attitude of you spoiled men from good mother's you think every woman is a how like you.

What exactly was good about your mother's and bad about today's women?care to explain

You are just spilling rubbish an irresponsible father gets what he deserves and such treatment didn't start today

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by johnkey: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

LMAO, because women of today are refusing to overlook the BS and nonsense attitude of you spoiled men from good mother's you think every woman is a how like you.

What exactly was good about your mother's and bad about today's women?care to explain

You are just spilling rubbish an irresponsible father gets what he deserves and such treatment didn't start today
who be this hoe? you miss road? I owe no hoe any explanation both online and offline, only business I do with hoes is fück and move on. abeg fück off from my mentions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:10am On Jun 20, 2021
johnkey:
who be this hoe? you miss road? I owe no hoe any explanation both online and offline, only business I do with hoes is fück and move on. abeg fück off from my mentions
Who be this local urchin shovel undecided.

You are no different from a how you are the male equivalent of a how which is a shovel.

So f7ck off from my mentions you shovel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by pyyxxaro: 10:10am On Jun 20, 2021
Woman when nor gree marry

E kpekus go rust

And woman when stingy with kpekus naa worm go chop am last last

1 Like

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by johnkey: 10:18am On Jun 20, 2021
She-goat wey quote person first sef dey talk "fvck off my mentions"... ode who wan mention your lame ass before, you for put your leaking yansh one place na if you no want mention, who dey notice nairaland hoes before? only stupid simps and I'm definitely not among them.

3 Likes

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by blinking001(m): 10:21am On Jun 20, 2021
Women of course.
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2021
if not the other gender then who?....
I hate addressing them by their gender Id.... they don't worth it
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by techWriter1: 11:06am On Jun 20, 2021
Ofcours it s the person
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by Belafonte(m): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2021
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by Kimjongun: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2021
AmazonTopaz:
All of una dey talk women in Nigeria marriage doesn't favour women but women are eager to get married because of societal pressure and so called biological clock

A lot of women lose themselves in marriage they even rarely have time for themselves if the marriage goes haywire women are blamed and men are overlooked this wil in turn make many women to stay put no matter the BS they receive in the marriage.

Yes times have changed but marriage still favours men more which is why I wonder why a lot of young girls are obsessed with marriage and want to marry early and end up losing themselves after marriage

From what I have noticed, family culture affect how a eager a lady will be to get married. Most parents will never allow their daughter to leave their roof until she brings someone home, and who doesn't want freedom?

Women benefits a lot from marriage, especially if they lucky with their choice husband.
Marriage is one of the gambles men and women make in life, if they win the gamble, life become sweet, it become sore otherwise.

Edit: there's a new trend of marriage I am just starting to notice these days, where the woman will be the soul caretaker of the home, while the husband just lazy around, going to bar and the likes, these kind of union are not marriages and no one should use it as a yardstick to decide if they want to marry or not

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by AmazonTopaz(f): 12:16pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kimjongun:

From what I have noticed, family culture affect how a eager a lady will be to get married. Most parents will never allow their daughter to leave their roof until she brings someone home, and who doesn't want freedom?

Women benefits a lot from marriage, especially if they lucky with their choice husband.
Marriage is one of the gambles men and women make in life, if they win the gamble, life become sweet, it become sore otherwise.

Edit: there's a new trend of marriage I am just starting to notice these days, where the woman will be the soul caretaker of the home, while the husband just lazy around, going to bar and the likes, these kind of union are not marriages and no one should use it as a yardstick to decide if they want to marry or not

I agree

1 Like

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by iamyemiakins(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2021
I see new similar threads like this almost everyday on this forum.

Don't you people get tired of discussing this topic almost everyday.
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by firecap111: 1:20pm On Jun 20, 2021
hahahahaha

johnkey:
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by bepositive11: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

Tell me about it. I really don't get why young girls are obsessed with marriage. If they really knew what it meant, they would be more skeptical. I think society paints a fairytale for them. Their eyes open when it's too late

1 Like

Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by bepositive11: 3:39pm On Jun 20, 2021
johnkey:

Please, don't insult me. The truth is people attract who they are. We hear stories about how men have been ruined by their wives, but those men are not innocent. They are even the ones who chose the women.

If you look closely at toxic relationships, both partners have their own issues. I say this all the time. Psychologically healthy men and women attract other psychologically healthy men and women. In fact, they repel toxic people -- they can't stand them.

Next time you hear a story about a wife screwing over her husband, look closely at him. You'll find that he has his issues too

Yes, there are many bad women today, but who's enabling them? Bad men
Re: Who Stands To Benefit More By Getting Married? by AmazonTopaz(f): 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2021
bepositive11:

Tell me about it. I really don't get why young girls are obsessed with marriage. If they really knew what it meant, they would be more skeptical. I think society paints a fairytale for them. Their eyes open when it's too late

I agree with you.

Many young girls have been fed the Cinderella story that is why they see marriage as a poverty alleviation scheme so they don't bother to develop themselves have jobs or something doing but want already made men so that they can jump to the available bustop when they get married the story changes

They really say love is blind but na marriage dey open eye.Some of them don't even marry for love it is mainly because of the money or change in status so that they don't get mocked anyway to each his own.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

. / Collecting And Giving Out Phone Numbers To A Random Person While In A Relationsh / Am I The Only One Addicted To Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.