Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. (65707 Views)

"My husband abandoned my family after He Paid N580K Bride Price" Lady laments / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / Must My Father Be The One To Receive My Bride Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Asianjollof007: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
This is funny asf, your family charged your husband over 500K for you now someone else charged their son just 400K and they want your husband to contribute 120K.. They must be ment, dem think say e easy abi.

4 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seyz91(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
Thesame mentality our naija girls carry from normal dating/courting

Taking it as a transaction

I weep for this country girls
psucc:
When you buy a car, do you go back to assist the seller? So many parents fail the test here. They fail to understand that marriage is a union not a transaction. You get united with another family and hence share also her burden (if any). But where you get it all at the initial stage, be ready also to starve at the later stage.

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Lostchild(m): 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2021
1) There are many problems with Nigeria tradition .

2) Nigeria Men wake up, If you try to satisfy the desires of your wiffy, you will have a high BP

3) Marriage bride price ceremony is just a (dating) league (title)for women.

4) Marriage pride price or ceremony will never add to the life of any man. Marriage ceremony or bride price is just a title for the ego of a woman. It is like being in a dating league for too long without winning any title.

This is why there is the popular quote "the happiest day for a woman is her wedding day

Many men are pressured into this bride price of a thing and are currently in debt.

This is why I said I must do it (my own way) and not the Nigeria way

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by kenzysmith: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
LikeAking:
Correct husband.

I will do the same when ever I get married.

The story na fiction.

comfam fiction the idiot no sabi lie even a fool won't bring this topic to social media shame go catch am
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ZooOga: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
I don't think the broda will enjoy peace with this woman and her family. hopefully he wakes up before impregnating her.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by seyz91(m): 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2021
cheesy confirm!

Naija women generally reason like cochroach
Easyincome24:
He paid #580k for your bride price knowing he earns #70k that means a full salary of 8 months and more.

If your family labour him your brothers wedding expenses of #120k that means a total of #700k which means he has served your family with his 10 months salary. Just two more months to make him a slave of 1 full calendar year denying him his full salary for him to satisfy your family.

If you are not careful, this man will use you for rituals to uplift himself out of poverty.

Just let you brother go Hussle for himself.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Idzitari1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2021
Oga if u can hear me divorce that fool she nd her siblings will kill u b4 ur time

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by eastgates1: 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
one of my friends married a girl, the father said farm work is 700k because he didnt want her to marry from another tribe. The guy and the daughter asked him to let go or reduce it, he insisted it is a must, my guy paid. Wedding happened. The guy said dont ever come to myhouse or call my number for anything, his daughter supported her man. 8 years after with 4 kids this month, them never call or see the man. He sick the other day na him children dey call their sister.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by abbasajao(m): 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Why should your husband contribute to your brother marriage list?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by davillian(m): 5:01pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your husband dint share his wedding expenses
He worked and paid it himself...
Your brother should go and work to so he can pay all expenses for his wife...
How on earth would your parents just wake up and say the young man should pay #120k for what na....
If your parents asked him for support he would have given what he can...
But billing him a mandatory 120k is madness
And besides even the wife he married is just there eating food morning till night..
Before wedding jobless after wedding jobless grin
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ooe33: 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
As if the brother contributed during his own marriage.

crackhaus:
As usual with lots of naija women, this one wants to use marriage to improve her family's standard of living.

Kudos to the husband for standing his ground.

If her brother cannot afford 400k to pay for his own marriage list, he should kuku remain single. This thing is not by force.

A piece of advise to young men:
If you have struggled to save up 400k on your own, don't go and use it to do marriage I beg you.
Take am go buy keke and give someone who will be paying you weekly returns, or look for something legit to invest in. The idea is to make that money back...

You people will just see small money, and the next thing you want to do is marry – marriage that you will continue pouring money inside without seeing 1naira profit.
Una get sense at all?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Le2money(m): 5:02pm On Jun 20, 2021
The truth been told here my dear....Your family is wicked....reason for this is that, you explained to ur own parents to reduce costing for him during ur own wedding even wen they know you have no job of ursev ...most definitely he carried all by himself alone and with the help of some of his family members....now ur own brother wants to get married and out of 400k he was giving 120k to be paid ...u can imagine..abeg how much person wey wan get married want to put into the marriage oo..Abi na ur husband wan dey help ur brother dey Bleep em wife ni....since he carried URS alone, tell ur brother to carry his all alone too oo....even Jesus Carried His cross by himself and still tells us to carry our cross by ourselves...so, why will ur family want to kill ur man with unnecessary Billings.... abeg, if Billings dey kill oo....so, they don't know this day will come wen dey appeal to them to reduce cost for him during URS and dey remain adamant abi...ehn the table don turn now...dey shud face it alone....if I am the guy sev, I go do worst Dan this

Easyincome24:
My Husband paid N580K for my Bride price and refused to help my family members
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Peteromi(m): 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Luckylife:
Imagine the reaction of a wife the man marry , A good wife that was train well and understand the situation of things now Should stand with her husband or even respectfully beg him to contribute any amount if he which. Why must he as in-law contribute for his wife brother to get married ? I stand with the husband in any decisions he makes and that's what is expected from his wife .
I think the in law collected all the money that they used in sponsoring her( that lady) to that level and add little money to it from her husband as a bride price
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by kenzysmith: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Focusmind:
Twitter stories and lies sad

I will report you all to Lai Mohammed and Malami for prosecution. Our darling president banned twitter and you people are having conversion about a post on twitter grin
confirm lie how can u tell a story against ur own self painting ur family bad attention seekers
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Osoayobami(m): 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Your father get mind and you yourself you're not well trained to brought this here for advise.when he want to pay your bride price he paid it from his earnings, so your brother should go and look for money if ants to marry or he should remain single if he's not capable.
Rubbish family
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Tylerbankz: 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
Habaaa!!!.
Wetin man child do una self.
Una wan kill us because say we be man?
Must we take every responsibility ?
Today na Father's Day.
How many wives took Daddy out today?
Daddy na suffer Head ba?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Munzy14(m): 5:03pm On Jun 20, 2021
This particular story gets recycled every year....

Seun what is happening?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by ekuboygood(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2021
Who contributed for ur hubby to pay ur bride price? If no body how on earth will ur parent call for the assistant of ur hubby to contribute for ur brother's wedding,imaging a man receiving 70k salary save money for ur 580k bride pride and ur parent still have mind to come and ask for ur Hubby's assistant haba!
Let ur brother hustle the same way ur husband did and face ur marriage biko, u re no longer bearing ur father's name again
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ooe33: 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
The fact that her dad had the guts to include his name on contribution list and outrightly asked him to pay up is funny. Because even if they were to come nd beg. 120k isn't wat someone should just dash out. Inlaws or not.
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Naustine(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2021
I've read this story over and over na, get better script writers biko
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by eedimo(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
Mad poeple everywhere
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Samcent: 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
CzarChris:
From the name elohor, it's clear that you are an urhobo.

I stay and work in Warri. When did Urhobo people marriage list come pass Igbo people own?

When I get an honest answer from you, then we can proceed. I smell lies here.

No where in Urhobo land is bride price up to 150k.
The story na fake....
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ballack1(m): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2021
The husband is not mature ..He should have handled it in a more reasonable and sensible way
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by SmartPolician: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
hisgrace090:
Dear lady it seems you're there to render the young man useless.

Have you ever asked if he has finished paying back the money he payed your bride price with?
Cant you start up something so you can help your family as he did to his instead of carrying both family with 70k salary?

When looking for partner, beware of liability that comes with entitlement mentality.

This story is fake.

It has been told several times on Nairaland

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Birminghamvirgo(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2021
LikeAking:
Correct husband.

I will do the same when ever I get married.

The story na fiction.

Should the story is nonfiction, I will do worse...
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by aryzgreat: 5:08pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No

Anuofia!

I'm sure in ur bigoted mind, the girl is Igbo.

All these ogbomosho enclave dwellers that hardly move out if their locality. Any none Hausa or Yoruba name is Igbo to them.

Elohor for ur info is urhobo. Abi they are now IPOB?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by EyeTaspirant(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
From the way you sound, you don't appear supportive. You know his financial inflow and expenses coupled with other responsibilities. What are your inputs, do you just leave all the burden to him?
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Octobertwentysix(f): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

A Nigerian Lady Identified as Elohor Okudu narrates how her husband has refused to help her own family members after paying almost N580k bride Price.

The story was shared by a twitter user identified as @SmartAtuadi, the lady is seeking professional advice as the issue bothers her.

She Wrote: “I got married 8months ago, my hubby earns 70k monthly while I am yet to get a job, during our wedding ceremony, hubby spent about 580k on the list given to him for the traditional wedding, I persuaded my parents to reduce the list but they said it is a must and a tradition.”

“He was able to raise the money as I wasnt working and I couldn’t help financially. After marriage I suggested that he should be sending something monthly to my parents as he does send to his parents too, but to my surprise the reply he gave me was that he didn’t owe my parents anything that they have collected all they are entitled to fromHelpNigerianally I was not angry about that until my younger brother wanted to get married and his bride family gave him list of things for the traditional wedding which amounted to 400k.”

“My dad then shared the expenses and told my husband to contribute 120k towards my brother’s wedding but to my surprise, my husband said no and told me that my family has collected all they wanted during our wedding and they shouldn’t come to him for any financial assistance, this got me angry and I told him that he is not responsible.”

“Ever since then we have been living like strangers in the house, he doesn’t talk to me, he has just been keeping to himself, and I have never seen him this way before not even in our 2 years of courting.

“Please our mummies and daddies, kindly advise me on what to do to save the situation, I am in between my husband and my family”.

#areatalkreport

Source:https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=586096619460875&id=102858197784722
Your husband has done well, are they selling you, only list 500k excluding entertainment, refreshments and other expenses like caonpies, photography etc and upon all that you still expect him to send something home every month. Make una try dey pity these men small, to think that he earns 70k in this present Nigeria, na wa o you just want to send him to an early grave and you are not even working, babe go find work and take over your extended family responsibilities and leave your husband alone, your marriage is not a porverty alleviation scheme for your people.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Princewell2012(m): 5:09pm On Jun 20, 2021
Kandeed:
Igbos are good at that even after marriage they'll still be
sharing bills to the bride's husband like they've done a
great favor giving their daughter over to the man. just
Imagine undecided

Stay away from 9ja girls, stay completely away but will Nigerian guys listen? No

Am not in support of this unnecessary action from her. But the bill were sent to the woman and not for her husband, when I lost my dad, a bill was also sent to my sister who lives with her husband in Benin. The man can decide to help his wife if he loves her and not by force. that's how it is done

1 Like

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by Ethannathan(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
If you brother cannot pay his bride price with his hustle, he is not ready for marriage

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by chineduuf: 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
When they say make you leap before you... Una no go hear. You just wan marry. I was quite irritated reading it. Omo! Some women no dey get human sympathy o. 70k!!! Baba fit dey pay transport inside o. Them don marry, there is possibility say she get belle, when she born, no savings, he go con dey run upandan for help.

Lack of foresight. I wish the man good fortune.

The audacity self, to still tell am to contribute to another man wedding! Another man fucking wedding! If her brother is not capable of funding his wedding bills, how will he feed with the new wife Then children go come, dey hawk up and down our crazy roads. Omo the level of irresponsibility. This is a problem!
Re: My Husband Paid N580K For My Bride Price But Refused To Help My Family Members. by frankson1(m): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2021
Easyincome24:
~ Nigerian Lady

#areatalkreport

Imagine, his wife's parents ask him to contribute to their son's wedding. The guy married from a bad family who only want to suck him dry.

The husband is even trying because he still communicates with his in-laws. If this happens to me, my in-laws will go online to see their Grand children's pictures. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier And Her Naval Officer Husband In Loved Up Photos / Christian Oluchukwu Nwodia Missing Person: Please Have You Seen This Guy? / ‘I Cannot Withstand My Husband's Vigorous Lovemaking After Taking Manpower'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.