Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! (1906 Views)

Do University Relationships Ever Lead To Marriage? / Caught Cheating A Day To Marriage Proposal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by PTBNaija(f): 1:10am On Jul 15, 2007
Random question I have because my friends all say different things. . .and I never really thought about it before. Is it okay to date someone knowing that it won't lead to marriage. . .just because you like them? Or does everyone you date have to be a potential husband/wife? What do you guys think?

***Modification***

For example, a girl and boy are from different tribes/ethnicities/religion. . .etc. You happen to start liking each other and eventually start dating. But you know that your parents would never agree to a marriage between you two (because they would disown you/cut you off or whatever). Not saying that marriage is even in the question though. But knowing that this relationship wouldn't go past dating. . .would you stay in the relationship?

So would you date everyone. . .knowing you couldn't marry just anyone? Or must you only date those that you could potentially marry?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by k0be: 3:26am On Jul 15, 2007
No. Although I'll put it this way, only sluts date for flings.  They call it "experimenting"  tongue.  I see so many similarities between that and one-night stands
i don die o, den go commot my head for saying this.

1 Like

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by iice(f): 5:31am On Jul 15, 2007
Nah, doesnt always lead to marriage
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by 2dye4(m): 3:48pm On Jul 15, 2007
i would say it depends on what u find @ the end of the dating cycle. wink

1 Like

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by ThoniaSlim(f): 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2007
Nope. cool
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by wifeypenth(f): 5:54pm On Jul 15, 2007
It doesnt av to.we just only wish it does,especially when you have put alot in2 d relatnshp.if there's love in a relatnshp u'd definitely hope and pray it ends in mariage.

1 Like

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by PHEESAYOUR(m): 7:51pm On Jul 15, 2007
Wifeypenth said it all!!
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by CrazyMan(m): 8:19pm On Jul 15, 2007
Most dating are for experience.
It isn't a must that you should marry any girl you approach.
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by degubi(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2007
the reason we date or are involved in a relationship is it not to find out if we are compatible? dating must not lead to marriage and if it is called off at least it should end in friendship.
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by Mandora(f): 10:49am On Jul 17, 2007
Ok so u've been able 2 establish dat it doesn't so? I think u shld just give ur best in a relationship n see where it leads u.

1 Like

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by PTBNaija(f): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2007
Thanks for the responses everyone. I'll elaborate on my question more though,

For example, a girl and boy are from different tribes/ethnicities/religion. . .etc. You happen to start liking each other and eventually start dating. But you know that your parents would never agree to a marriage between you two (because they would disown you/cut you off or whatever). Not saying that marriage is even in the question though. But knowing that this relationship wouldn't go past dating. . .would you stay in the relationship?

So would you date everyone. . .knowing you couldn't marry just anyone? Or must you only date those that you could potentially marry?
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by sylvao2000(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2007
noooo, i said no because you use the word 'must' thanks and bye
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by olanajim(m): 6:21am On Jul 19, 2007
A free for all you mean? Dating in your own context mean having sex and doing such intimate things. Else you could have call it friendship. If my understanding match your situation. I will put it back to you this way: " would you marry a lady who had been dating men (your style) for many years, (before and after) meeting you? How would you portrait her?

Over to you. Do unto others, Pls complete it.

1 Like

Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by niceuzor: 6:28am On Jul 19, 2007
PTBnaija

what re u still doing here @ this time of the day?

do u want me to come and off that pc? sad

@topic

Yes if u agree to my request,- proposer if the case maybe grin
Re: Must Dating Always Lead To Marriage?!?! by nuttyproff(m): 6:32am On Jul 19, 2007
yeah i wuld date someone even if i new dat there is a high chance that i wuld not be able to marry the person.
kobe says this is similar to one night stands. i say he is wrong it is possible for two people who have feelins for each other to be intimate and kno dat there is no hope of marraige.
besides there's always the possibility that ur folks might come around.
but that apart i wuld date her if she's d one my heart is speakin about right now
undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Will You Like To Know? / Intuitions In Relationships / My Girl Friend Left Me For An Mtn Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.