Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (70346 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by BRATISLAVA: 6:01pm On Jun 24, 2021
wirinet:

She does not want to marry a lukewarm Christian but she has been enjoying the benefits of a lukewarm christian for 3 years including knacking.

No one can dictate whoever she wants to marry for her, but she should not insult Catholics to justify her reasons.

She's realized it's not what she wants, so she is free to end it. Whether 3 or 13 years. Relationships aren't by force or pity.

Where is the insult to Catholics? Catholics on the thread have shown their oversensitivity, crass intolerance and extremism towards Pentecostals. Shameful display.

Just look at the number of pages of anger as if Catholics are saints.

The issue she brought up is being replaced with sentiment.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrMacinterchi1: 6:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
GiantParrot:
I have some questions for you

1. Were you taught not to acknowledge Christ as Lord and saviour in the Catholic Church? Did your fiance receive the same teaching from the Catholic Church?

2. Can you go into details of what you understand by spiritual life?

3. Can you go into details of what you understand by things of God?

4. In what ways do your views about God and his differ?

I will be very interested in her responses to this question. waiting .
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Johnsown1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
rosalieene:

Good sarcasm cheesy

Don't mind the attention seeker
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Johnsown1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
Hassanmaye:

Can please keep quite Catholic are more Christian than any Christian faith in the world they practice the true Christianity I'm aboki but I'm telling you this

Bros it is an irony or sarcasm, read through the lines.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Johnsown1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
chineloSA:

Wow, what criteria do you use to measure a true Christian ? shocked shocked shocked

Read through the lines dear, you will understand better, it is a sarcasm
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by pembisco(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
eeewise:
So much bitterness and hates lol

Life must be hard in Nigeria o

Anyways pls re read my comment this time slowly to comprehend

Maybe you will realise I never said the man was not born again
Like I said before. Shut already
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Alexaonfleek: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Karlzy01:

Whci one is Apostle's creed?
All I know is what's in the bible,if you can't prove it from the bible then I have no business with.
P.S. I was once a Catholic.
Do your research yourself since you were once a catholic
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MrMacinterchi1: 6:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
livingchrist:

You cant shy away from the truth religion is an important marital criteria that shouldnt be overlooked @bold I pity for your wife,she is carrying load she is not suppose to carry, your wife is certainly not happy for your condition , do you know as you are satan can just make use of you any time he wishes? I laugh, yes sir you cant change a leopard's skin that is why you should let the leopard go instead of endangering your life.

is the objective of Going to church to chance Satan away or not to encounter him ?

Is it ?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by pembisco(m): 6:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
bolacode:

See how worthless u are!

So because some cheap folks like u bow down before some daddy GO, then bowing down before graven images is justified by u.

U av no standards. U are so cheap!
Don't shy away. Just admit you worship Your daddy G.O and place his banners all over you for protection.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by eeewise(m): 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ok sir I will

pembisco:

Like I said before. Shut already
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ChikaSunday(m): 6:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

For your own good, open Jeremiah 33:3 use it to pray like 15 minutes to 12 midnight, pray and cross till 15 minutes past midnight

Make sure you remove hatred & love & feelings, zero your mind and ask God:
Almighty God show me something great & mighty things about this(put your guy name) man to let me know your will if I am to marry him or not.

Expect something from God, revelation, dream and before 4:am/5am God will show you things

Please keep a biro & jotter near you while you sleep

If you didnt see anything when you wake up, then do fasting and repeat the prayer again. Latest the 3rd night you will receive answer.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Funkybabee(f): 7:02pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

She didn't condermn outrightly but by implication she deduced Catholic are bad, u see I'm Pentecostal and I ve gone far to knw nitty gritty of religion most especially Pentecostal, I fully understood where she was coming and where she is heading to.

That lady, the op, she is pretender, self righteous ,a character who will always playing victim card, I just pray this story is one of Yoruba film story.

If it's real story the girl must drop, ego and Mrs right attitude if she don't want to endure her marriage with whoever she finally marries

Meanwhile she is right to follow decision she wants in life. But I see a lady who will always justify her action and put blame on others.

Nb. Nobody I repeat nobody she or you will marry that you will not encounter differences and storm in the course of journey of ur marriage

grin grin you will not kill me with laugh which kind storm

Life is full of storm brother, Jesus is there to stop it.

Stop judging people because of their opinion or character.

Evil assumption is bad. Haba

I send that your last sentence back ooo
Back to sender haba. Oh my goodness see my Nairalander.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by bluefilm: 7:07pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...

Are you sure you are okay at all?

Well sha, I am assuming that maybe you are not yet up to 30 which explains why you are still this senseless.

But I might be wrong.

Spiritual life over White man's God abi?

I taya for you o.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by victons(m): 7:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

So your only problem with him is his spirituality?
I don't think it makes sense.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GodisFirst: 7:46pm On Jun 24, 2021
Note that there are other Societies or Pious Organizations in the Catholic Church that help you grow spiritually if you join due to the extra time you spend as a member to pray and follow their observances.

Young lady, go and join the Catholic Charismatic Renewal in your Catholic Church Parish, there you will see Catholics that are very much more fire brand than you if you think you are. If you are that good, while as A Charismatic, your husband will see reason to join you.

Ask yourself this question, while in the Catholic Church before you gave your life to Christ as you said, was it the Catholic Church that told you not to give your life to Christ. I am pretty sure you weren't serious while in the Catholic Church until you encountered one of the life's challenges while in your service year and then you remembered Christ. That is how life is with most people.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wirinet(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

She's realized it's not what she wants, so she is free to end it. Whether 3 or 13 years. Relationships aren't by force or pity.
No one here is saying relationships should be by force or pity. She came looking for advice and people are giving their opinions. 3 years is a enough time to decide if you want to marry your boyfriend or not. You seem to forget that for a lady time is not on her side. If she spends another 3 years trying trying another relationship, when will she be ready for marriage? When will she start having and raising children?

Where is the insult to Catholics? Catholics on the thread have shown their oversensitivity, crass intolerance and extremism towards Pentecostals. Shameful display.
"during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved"
The above quote is an insult to the 1.2billion Catholics of the world. She is telling them that they are not saved. Maybe only her new found sect is saved.

Just look at the number of pages of anger as if Catholics are saints.
Catholics never claimed to be saints. In fact Catholics acknowledge and confess their sins every week or regularly and beg for forgiveness constantly. It's you Pentecostals ( some will say penterascals) that believes they are holy and every other sect or persons are sinners.

It's you guys that displays anger, hatred and intolerance towards every body else. I drank you guys in the same category as ISIS anx Boko Haram. It's just that you are not violent yet.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by BRATISLAVA: 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2021
wirinet:

No one here is saying relationships should be by force or pity. She came looking for advice and people are giving their opinions. 3 years is a enough time to decide if you want to marry your boyfriend or not. You seem to forget that for a lady time is not on her side. If she spends another 3 years trying trying another relationship, when will she be ready for marriage? When will she start having and raising children?

"during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved"
The above quote is an insult to the 1.2billion Catholics of the world. She is telling them that they are not saved. Maybe only her new found sect is saved.

Catholics never claimed to be saints. In fact Catholics acknowledge and confess their sins every week or regularly and beg for forgiveness constantly. It's you Pentecostals ( some will say penterascals) that believes they are holy and every other sect or persons are sinners.

It's you guys that displays anger, hatred and intolerance towards every body else. I drank you guys in the same category as ISIS anx Boko Haram. It's just that you are not violent yet.

In your post you sound largely bigoted and hateful toward Pentecostals. Look at how your post is going. Pot looking for who to call black. Shelve your hate to see reason.

What is the insult in what she said?

Catholics on this thread have said worse in support of their brand of Christianity.

Oversensitive, intolerant and extremist Catholics on this thread will see insults where none exist.

She didn't say Catholics are idol worshippers, or that she can't stand him going to mass, or call all Catholics evil people, the way Catholics are here trying to demonize Pentecostals as if they don't try to convert anyone they want to marry into Catholicism.

It is only on this thread that all Catholics are saints and Pentecostals are devils, according to Catholics.

How Catholics and other anti Pentecostals made it a thread about their self-righteous religion, rather than about her decision in marriage remains a wonder.

If she doesn't want to marry him because he's Catholic, she is well within her rights not to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ratuk: 8:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
Blakjewelry:

Lol she actually sounds like my girlfriend

She sounds like a lot of girlfriends
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ratuk: 8:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
livingchrist:
Can two walk together except they be in agreement.

Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Spirituality is very important, dont go and yoke yourself unequally.

As for me any woman that is unequal spiritually is an absolute NO!

The question then is, "What is spirituality?" Speaking in tongues? Going to church everyday? The pomposity of considering oneself a higher Christian?
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ratuk: 8:49pm On Jun 24, 2021
CSTRR:

For example, Someone that goes to every night vigil organised by their Church, fast often, prays often, and pays every seed offering, versus someone that only goes to church every Sunday during mass and rarely prays.

Surely, you can see the difference in spirituality.

That's your definition of spirituality������

It's people like you that accused our Lord, God's Son, of dining with sinners.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ratuk: 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

In your post you sound largely bigoted and hateful toward Pentecostals. Look at how your post is going. Pot looking for who to call black. Shelve your hate to see reason.

What is the insult in what she said?

Catholics on this thread have said worse in support of their brand of Christianity.

Oversensitive, intolerant and extremist Catholics on this thread will see insults where none exist.

She didn't say Catholics are idol worshippers, or that she can't stand him going to mass, or call all Catholics evil people, the way Catholics are here trying to demonize Pentecostals as if they don't try to convert anyone they want to marry into Catholicism.

It is only on this thread that all Catholics are saints and Pentecostals are devils, according to Catholics.

How Catholics and other anti Pentecostals made it a thread about their self-righteous religion, rather than about her decision in marriage remains a wonder.

If she doesn't want to marry him because he's Catholic, she is well within her rights not to.

The average Catholic doesn't care whether you're Pentecostal or not. How many times have you seen a Catholic trying to convert you to his/her church from another Christian denomination? Can't even understand why the Pentecostals can't form branches of a single Church, even if it's to remove lawlessness. Pastors hitting old women with crutches in the name of healing and we're here talking about hate for Pentecostals. . . No one hates you o
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by BRATISLAVA: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ratuk:

The average Catholic doesn't care whether you're Pentecostal or not. How many times have you seen a Catholic trying to convert you to his/her church from another Christian denomination? Can't even understand why the Pentecostals can't form branches of a single Church, even if it's to remove lawlessness. Pastors hitting old women with crutches in the name of healing and we're here talking about hate for Pentecostals. . . No one hates you o
Self-righteous. Yet so terribly flawed.

If it comes to your hypocritical points above, we aren't going to talk about what happens in abbeys and Catholic seminary schools and behind confession boxes. That would be trying to get the ostrich to lift its head out of the sand.

Your beloved Catholic Church is already splintered and you're talking about a single church? Catholics even have gay priests. Everyday is a bazaar. Laughable.

Nobody hates you o.

Nobody hates Catholics. Nobody hates atheists.

One day Catholics will stop looking for offense from Pentecostals. They will heal from sanctimonious behaviors and call themselves Christians, not "I'm Catholic" when they are asked what their religion is. One day.

People who can't stick to the OPs points and have deviated to expressing their deep intolerant Catholicism/atheism. Black people and their ways.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Munzy14(m): 9:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
Karlzy01:

It's people like you who live their life anyhow that call others who have chosen to live their lives according to Godly values fanatics.
When the time comes we'll know who made wrong or right decision.
Long story...Fanatics.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CSTRR: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ratuk:

That's your definition of spirituality������

It's people like you that accused our Lord, God's Son, of dining with sinners.
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?

2 Corinthians 2:16.

Marriage is beyond dining with people.
It's a lifetime commitment.

A woman that marries a man is submitting herself under his authority according to the scripture.

It would be foolish for a child of God to willingly submit her life to the authority of a lukewarm husband.

Don't believe for one second that God wants his daughters to marry lukewarm brothers.

If you want to marry some spiritual sisters, you need to become spiritual yourself.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by livingchrist: 9:38pm On Jun 24, 2021
Ratuk:

The question then is, "What is spirituality?" Speaking in tongues? Going to church everyday? The pomposity of considering oneself a higher Christian?
spirituality is ones relationship with God, Relationship as one who is born of God, speaking in tongues is one of the gift of the holy spirit not the one that is faked, but however it is just one of the gift.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Grateful007: 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2021
ZUBY77:

THE 2 girls i wanted to marry said the same thing about me not being a born again even though i am catholic.
They both refused.
Now i am the richest man they have ever known and they work for me now.
Yes i pay their salaries monthly.

think twice.
It still doesn't justify the reason they never married u

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by brodalikeme(m): 10:56pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, iacknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Don’t allow people confuse you. Your concerns are in order. He’s behavior towards God may improve or deteriorate with time, we don’t know. However, God is the one that changes men, he can transform the most rebellious person. Paul is any example.
It’s not to late to go back to God in prayer. Remember the star guiding the wise men stayed in place waiting for them even when they strayed from it. Our God is a merciful Go!

My advice is, if he’s a honest man and has the fear of God even though he hasn’t given his life to Christ, then stick with him. He will change with time.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 24, 2021
Don't mind all the harsh comments above. Just wait till your nephews & nieces start getting married,,,, you should have found the most righteous by then.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Karence(f): 11:26pm On Jun 24, 2021
I share the same view with you,if she's really a born again Christian like she said then her character will definitely win him over with time.moreover she wrote many red flags but she only mentioned his lukewarm Christian life,d oda complains don loss? [qauote author=Kondomatic post=103009192] If you're as dedicated and spiritual as you claim to be then having him on your side wouldn't be a problem.

[/quote]
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by wjxavier(m): 2:09am On Jun 25, 2021
Run, baby, RUN!

Don’t think. Don’t ask questions. Don’t hold meeting.

Run!!!!

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by phazotron(m): 2:59am On Jun 25, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

That is why many of you jam serious issues in your relationships..... because yall not smart enough to look at the right parameters. Like my people say, girls are their own worst enemy.

It's either they look at what he looks like physically

Checking wether he's rich

Checking wether he's "interesting"

Checking for "chemistry" chemistry Wey be scam

Checking wether he's from their state or tribe

Checking wether he's 6 feet tall or not

Theyll never check for the most important things like compatibility and alignment of values

Then they'll come and start crying "all men are scum"

Una never start. Most girls are stupid enough to choose infatuation and attraction (chemistry) without checking if there's a good foundation (compatibility and values) but it's like you have sense.

You better leave and be careful in your next relationship.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Qualer: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2021
K9blunt:

I am doing in spite of the country's situation my brother.... I hope you're coping fine?

I am still here o... Just tired of most people's BS. grin

good to know you're doing fine!

we stand for this side o... but not gidigba!! grin

what of the k9s? cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

What Do Boys Gain In A Relationship Without Sex? / Nigerian Guy Who Met A Real Life Witch Last Night Narrates His Scary Story / Oya Come Toast That Babe or Guy wey You Like For PIDGIN!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.