Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,372 members, 7,954,508 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags - Romance (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags (71062 Views)

There Are Too Many Red Pillers Offline / What Are The Red Flags You Can't Overlook In A Relationship? / Should I Stay Or Leave?- Recognising Red Flags In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by hadaydhollarpo(m): 12:47pm On Jun 24, 2021
Catholic and Pentecostal believe are quite differs only for the spiritually inclined can decide it.
BabaRay007:
This is so funny, so you mean since when u were a catholic u re not born again...wch mean all catholic are sinners, now u join Pentecostal... you r now a born again,....so all Pentecostal re all born again.....hahahhahahaha
you r not serious and u r nt ready.....hand go soon touch you wen u meet the real wolf in sheep clothing....
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Darkmode64: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
francdec4:
So for you Catholics are not "saved". I really wish this guy who you claim to love and ticked all the boxes of what you desire in marriage will read this your write-up and withdraw cos it's obvious you are not even serious. If you really want to be so serious and your complaint is that he is not supporting or joining you in that lane inside the same catholic church then that it's different but labelling him not serious with his faith simply because he is Catholic is unacceptable. Join charismatic in the Catholic Church or any other pious societies in Catholic church of your choice and enkindle your faith as you desire but please and please just let him be and let him remain a Catholic as he desire...the land looks greener the other end till you get there and realise what you have lost.
And are religiously laidback. Can you imagine that OP? She sounds like my sister yet her mind no pure. Na them wicked pass

2 Likes

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Ahmed0336(m): 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2021
hadaydhollarpo:
Glittering has nothing to to do with this issue abeg. The second option you pointed is my recommendation for her. Is better you hurt others now than to live for the rest of your life being hurt, disgustful and live a life of regret for the rest of your life. Choose wisely my sister. Your spiritual life counts more so go for smone you are led and you can be mutually beneficial spiritually and love each other. Period !
the glittering I am talking about is those pretending to be righteous while in the real sense they're not.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GoldHorse(m): 12:55pm On Jun 24, 2021
zed7:
If your only complaint is that he isn't a fanatic then you have no problem.
A well behaved moralist is better off than a religious fanatic without morals.

I think we should introduce this sister to Righteousness2 wink wink

They'll make a good pair
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by infogenius(m): 12:57pm On Jun 24, 2021
kelvinjames01:
You are delusional my friend. People like u throw away common sense to follow religion.

U've little understanding about spirituality and of course marriage that's y u can talk like this.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by olamoses75(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
pentecostal churches are one of the tragedy that ever happened to Christianity. Someone's daughter just got brainwashed by a businessman pastor. Follow your heart, it's your life anyways!
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by sterlingD(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:

First, I want to apologize for the statement insinuating that Catholic Christians are less Christian compared to Pentecostals. That was not meant to be a generalization. The reason why faith is my principal concern is because, as a Christian, there are certain ethics and codes of conduct a person adopts and practices that guide their actions and decisions. It is the crux of the matter for me.

Many of the comments are asking for elaboration especially with regards to other aspects besides spirituality. Some of the red flags in terms of his attitude and behavior that give me cause for concern are how he relates with ladies; I found that he cheated on me a couple of times. Some of my friends who are married assure me that it is nothing to worry about because “men will always be men”. However, I feel like overlooking that means ‘settling’. Also, he tends to act like we’re competing for career success. I’m a banker and he works with a company and is well paid. From comments he makes when I make attempts to pursue growth, like take courses or attend conferences to network, his response shows that he thinks it’s a waste of time and resources. I don’t always expect him to give me financial support, even if encouragement. But he feels I should be content with my current status. It scares me that he may staunch my progress after marriage.
I’m no saint myself, but I know marriage is a lifetime affair and just because I didn’t look before I leaped into the relationship doesn’t mean I shouldn’t at this point try to make amends.
You should have told us all these from the beginning. These part of the scriptures has been quoted here directly and indirectly by contributors on this thread; 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 and Amos 3:3.Take a look at them, follow them,reflect on them,meditate on them and let them guide you on this path you long,yearn and desire to go into.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Funkybabee(f): 1:12pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

Shalom, I have carefully read 2 main reasons why she wanted to jettison idea of going ahead of marry the guy, first about religion inclination and second after several hours that she posted first reason and so many backlashes , she forced to state 2nd reason of not wanting him to grow in her career.

Sister, I could deduce from her 2 reasons that, they are not geninue, she is a type who think life revolves around her and that her opinion is best, believing her path is perfect.

I can boldly tell you, if she continues her way of reasoning, she will face many controversies in her marriage, irrespective he who she marries in future.

Lol!!

U are too funny

U Mean she should not consider her life before making such decision

Like you said, two things

Career and Faith

U mean it's a sin for making personal consideration before making a lifetime decision..

As in, what will determine my future

Bro I don't get you?

U are too funny mehn
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by GiantParrot(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
bolacode:

U av spoken so well about the expectations of God concerning Christians, bearing fruits of Christlike-ness. I know there are Christians who bear good fruits everywhere, both Pentecostals and none pentecostals.
Unfortunately, the only place I know where they bow to images of Mary is the Catholic church .
There are other places where they bow before graven images, and those places are equally idolatrous. Some others bow before their daddy GOs as though the GOs are God - they are equally idolatrous.

Another form of idolatry is worshiping necklaces, handkerchiefs and whatever it's being called. I know of many places where they do such, not only the Catholic church.

I understand where you're coming from. It's a place distorted by lack of appreciation of the historical context of things and I doubt I can help much here. But I'll say this here:

Idolatry is the worship of something or someone other than God as though it were God.

Catholics who bow down to the image of the Virgin Mary as though she were God, or in any way or manner can take the place of God, are indeed idolatrous. Because divine worship (characterised in the Catholic Church as Latria) belongs to God alone. Giving divine worship or honour to anyone or anything outside of God is idolatry.

In Christianity and Judaism, God has nothing against imagery or statues, except when they are used to replace God. Otherwise God would've proven Himself a liar by providing specifications on how the Cherubim be constructed on the ark of the covenant, or the construction of the bronze snake in the desert. Modernist have no authority over God to decide that He is against images. In trying to exercise their fake authority over God's ways, they declare Him a liar. God is certainly against treatment of any image or statue as though it is God.

In Christianity, does God have different means of growing the faith of His people? Certainly. Modernist have no authority to place any limits on the means God decides upon. He can decided in His himan form to use saliva to mix mud and touch the eyes of the blind then asks the same blind person to wash in the river in order to regain his sight, He can decide to use handkerchiefs and garments to work miracles and build people's faiths. It's up to God and not any modernist. But the instruments (read sacramentals) He chooses to use must never take the place of God or be accorded any divine worship.

On the matter of history, bowing to a person a sign of respect in historical cultures is perfectly acceptable. Bowing to anyone or anything as though they were God was as unacceptable in the Christian Faith 2000 years ago as it is now. On the matter of acts of respect, honour or veneration, a person who respects and honours their parents is said to do well. People respect and honour their bosses. People respect and honour their Governors, they say your excellency to their Presidents, your honour to their Judges, and your majesty to their kings. These are perfectly acceptable. People give different degrees of respect, reverence, honour to different people in their society based on their relationships with them and their hierarchy in society. Only big time liars will claim they don't do so. In the even more hierarchical societies of times past, these concepts of honour and reverence had stronger implications on how people interacted across different social strata. The Church Fathers regarded the Christ-like life as deserving of extremely high honour and reverence among the faithful, higher than that accorded to any judge, or politician, or arsitocrat, or Governor, or Emperor or any high ranking member of society. They decided the Christ-like people (Saints) be honoured specially, not because of themselves, but because of the Christ whom they have revealed through their Christian lives. So faithfuls can look unto these Saints as further encouragement for living a Christ-like life, for it is such life that should be accorded higher honour and reverence. Bowing, as understood from the historical origins in Christian practice, is an act of reverence for the Christ-like lives they lived. And if we honour them for this, we honour Christ. Because if we do not avknowlwdge the absolute honour of a Christ-like life, then no Saint deserves any honour.

But aren't the Saints dead? Someone will ask. The Catholic faith believes in the power of Christ as the bread of life to give full life to those who died physically in Christ. This life provided by Christ is not partial, but full, complete and eternal. It is why these saints are counted among the crowd of witnesses and Spirits of the just made perfect that we have come to in Hebrews 12, and the complete life they have in Christ Jesus is what enables them to present before God prayers as incense in Revelation 5:8, and to serve as priests for God in Revelation 5:10. The church of God on earth is in full communion with the Saints in heaven, together serving God.

So what are the images doing? The images are there to call to the mind of the faithful the person who the image represents. Because humans in our mental frailty are easily distracted and can easily lose focus. Many liars will claim that they are not easily distracted. Oh well, no one does himself any good by lying to himself. No image is there to be worshipped as though it is God. In the spirit on one communion, the christian (saint) on earth communicates/fellowships with other christians on earth, and also with the Saints in heaven who are truly alive by the life Christ provides (same Saints in heaven who present incense to God). Whenever we bow in front of the image, we are only continuing the tradition of showing high reverence and connection to the person represented by that image. It is not idolatry in anyway because it in no way or manner makes any image or Saint take the place of God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Reelz: 1:16pm On Jun 24, 2021
this one is not ready.. when u are believe me u will go any length.. Christian's dey marry Muslims n viceversa, this one dey here dey talk rubbish. next pls..
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Funkybabee(f): 1:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Olanre05:

@FunkybaBee
After carefully reading your post, you are a total turn off, you’re the kind of lady Bro James will be beating and you will come out to pretend to us your marriage is fine. Stop supporting nonsense, need I remind you that the poster was a catholic before she was brainwashed. During the wedding right, they Will tell you to be submissive to your husband. There is something the poster isn’t saying. You can’t be attending winners and your man is attending redeem, the doctrine is totally different. You both come back home while discussing a topic shared by your pastor, argument starts, insults follows, my pastor is well informed than yours and before you know it they start keeping malice. I need you to know that most broken homes today are caused by some pastors. Know this and know peace.

How could you considered another person faith to be brainwashed, u mean it's lie entirely.

Just come out plain that where she's going now is a false

And her salvation is a fraud, please add ur evidence to back it

Somebody said she was saved.

which means she just realized that what she was practicing before is not beneficial to her life.

U are now saying it's a lie

Do you know the kind of life she was living before...

Some Nairaland atimes gan sound somehow

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
membranus:

Lolittaa!!!!, you wan snatch another woman's fine man?
what
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Righteousness2(m): 1:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
In all your introductions and talks, I didn't see any place where you were divinely led to him.
My Sister, as a Believer, GOD'S Choice should be what u are after.
If you Have no conviction from GOD about the young man, back out immediately!

If you know you had approval from GOD. then go ahead.

mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,
I have an issue that has been on my mind for weeks now. My fiancé and I have been dating for over three years. I love him and he loves me too. We are physically attracted to each other. We’re both catholic but since I graduated, during my service year I gave my life to Christ, got saved and left the Catholic Church. So I’ve been a Pentecostal Christian since then. He on the other hand is still catholic. I subtly try to nudge him to consider getting saved, i.e acknowledging Christ as lord and savior and becoming born again but he is content with his laidback Christian life.

Earlier this year, he asked to meet my parents and I let him. My parents like him especially because my younger sis is married and they have been waiting for me too. They’re glad I’ve someone. However, after the introduction,I regret it. I’m now certain that he’s not the one. I think about my spiritual life and how lukewarm he is about the things of God, I think about kids and how we’ll raise the, with such differing views about God and I’m discouraged. I feel like I’m settling because he checks all the boxes on the checklist of physical attributes. Another mistake I made is, I didn’t pray about this decision and that worries me because anything that involves him,I just act with pausing to ask God, but I always ask God about other aspects of my life. So it’s like my associating with him is a minus for my spiritual life and that’s a huge cause for concern.

At this point, I want to tell my parents I am not convinced it’s him but I’m afraid of the disappointment this will cause. *sigh* I’ll appreciate your thoughts, comments, criticisms...
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fiscus105(m): 1:35pm On Jun 24, 2021
Funkybabee:

Lol!!

U are too funny

U Mean she should not consider her life before making such decision

Like you said, two things

Career and Faith

U mean it's a sin for making personal consideration before making a lifetime decision..

As in, what will determine my future

Bro I don't get you?

U are too funny mehn

Is she chosing her career and faith or she is deceiving herself? There is a thin line between the 2, it's only a wise and experienced that can deduce it

If you have been following op, you ask urself ,why did she show more emphasis on religion differences when she first posted it and after several hours, she now started talking about career progression, she resulted to this because 90% of comments exonnorated the guy even though they don't ear his own side
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by kilonshele101(m): 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2021
Christian 1 vs Christian 0

And a Muslim friend of mine was angry that his Christian girlfriend was discriminatory towards his family dispite accepting her and she eventually left him grin grin

Wahala be like Christianity
And these people are always the first to complain about discrimination grin
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by rosalieene(f): 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2021
Karlzy01:

Do you even know what it means to be born again?
Going to church doesn't make you born again.
You only get born again when you BELIEVE in your heart and CONFESS with your mouth that Jesus is your saviour and lord.
So are you trying to say Catholics do not believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus is our saviour and Lord?
Tell me something I dont know.?
The way some of you take this born again thing on another level ehn.
Don't catholics believe in Jesus? Don't Catholics trust and confess Jesus? Who is the center of worship for Catholics?
Some of You will just open your mouth waaaaaaa and be talking in the nonsense.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Funkybabee(f): 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2021
Fiscus105:

Is she chosing her career and faith or she is deceiving herself? There is a thin line between the 2, it's only a wise and experienced that can deduce it

If you have been following op, you ask urself ,why did she show more emphasis on religion differences when she first posted it and after several hours, she now started talking about career progression, she resulted to this because 90% of comments exonnorated the guy even though they don't ear his own side

They exonnorated her because they lacked insight to her explanation/questions or let me say unbeliever playing religion victims card

In her post she did not condemn any church but they twist it because most people on Nairaland commenting on this post must be Igbo who are Catholic or unbeliever that feel intimated.

And she has every right to consider her future and career in any of her decision she will make from now on

So what are you justifying, saying all those people there exonnorated her are correct or she did not have a right to make her future decision
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by lesson44: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2021
I think you are Ignorant. are you seriously saying people of a catholic faith are not born again? I believe you are confused and you don’t truly know what you want.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Lawsimon(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

Go to God in prayers.
Tell Him that you made a mistake by not acknowledging Him from the beginning. Beg for forgiveness, I'm very sure if you do this sincerely, He will forgive you.

Now, tell Him you need His will to be done in the matter. That whatever is His will you are ready to accept. By this time, ensure that your mind is free from every form of emotion - be dispassionate about the matter.

God who sees the heart of men will answer you, if your heart is free and ready to follow His will and with the heart of repentance.

Marriage as a Christian is a very serious matter. We are spiritual people because the Word of God born in us is spiritual. So, if you don't want to tamper with your spiritual life which will definitely affect your hereafter, don't make mistake in marriage. It can send you to hell
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by ACE1010: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Na wa oo
Nothing wey Adamu and Musa no go see for gate
Who is a Catholic??
Who is a Pentecostal
Honestly I don't understand some people tongue tongue
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Eberex(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
i really don't know what to comment.

When you are single, your expectations for marriage is naturally high, so i don't blame you. Reality will hit you hard after you get married to whoever you decide to get married to. Whether him or a pentecostal brother.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Fiscus105(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Funkybabee:

They exonnorated her because they lacked insight to her explanation/questions or let me say unbeliever playing religion victims card

In her post she did not condemn any church but they twist it because most people on Nairaland commenting on this post must be Igbo who are Catholic or unbeliever that feel intimated.

And she has every right to consider her future and career in any of her decision she will make from now on

So what are you justifying, saying all those people there exonnorated her are correct or she did not have a right to make her future decision

She didn't condermn outrightly but by implication she deduced Catholic are bad, u see I'm Pentecostal and I ve gone far to knw nitty gritty of religion most especially Pentecostal, I fully understood where she was coming and where she is heading to.

That lady, the op, she is pretender, self righteous ,a character who will always playing victim card, I just pray this story is one of Yoruba film story.

If it's real story the girl must drop, ego and Mrs right attitude if she don't want to endure her marriage with whoever she finally marries

Meanwhile she is right to follow decision she wants in life. But I see a lady who will always justify her action and put blame on others.

Nb. Nobody I repeat nobody she or you will marry that you will not encounter differences and storm in the course of journey of ur marriage
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by DAramis: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2021
Olanre05:

She was once a Catholic who was brainwashed by a Pentecostal pastor reason I don’t have an idea. Now a born again in the Pentecostal. She is really walking her way to regretting soon. She will carry her cross alone.
They said, experience is the best teacher though very expensive. If it was the way it has been willed, she would definitely walk into it.

What I or no one will guarantee is whether the results of the action she is about to take will bear positive or negative fruits. Her decision, her cross.

1 Like

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Hack3742: 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2021
*Do you suspect that your Husband/Boyfriend or Wife/Girlfriend is cheating on you and need to track his/her Facebook, Gmail or IG.
*Do you need to recover your hacked business Facebook, Instagram or WhatsApp.
*Do you need to spy on your Wife, fiancee or Girlfriend.
*Do you want to track your Stolen phone or other Gadgets
*ICloud Recovery
*Hacking Tutorial
Do you need any of the Below service Contact Anonymous on WhatsApp or call me on
‪+1 (346) 384‑9261
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by CaptPlanet(m): 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2021
Raalsalghul:
Can someone tell what the red flags are?

She is the red flag
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by naturefellow(m): 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
delpee:

Talking as PA to God Almighty abi? You have forgotten that we're in no position to judge according to God in the Holy Bible.

I'm not a member of the Catholic Church by the way.
doesn't invalidate my claim. Don't take it personal
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MASCOTECH: 2:37pm On Jun 24, 2021
This demarketing of other churches even within the same CAN/PFN by businessmen masquerading as clergymen to gain membership is going out of hand. God will soon visit those dividing/destroying his Church .
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Karlzy01(m): 2:40pm On Jun 24, 2021
rosalieene:

So are you trying to say Catholics do not believe in their heart and confess with their mouth that Jesus is our saviour and Lord?
Tell me something I dont know.?
The way some of you take this born again thing on another level ehn.
Don't catholics believe in Jesus? Don't Catholics trust and confess Jesus? Who is the center of worship for Catholics?
Some of You will just open your mouth waaaaaaa and be talking in the nonsense.
I was there for a good number of years and all i did was recite the rosary and pray to this saint never really got a through knowledge of what Christianity was about,just go to church on Sunday and life continues,no revelation of the word of God nor relationship with God.
If I was never a Catholic then you could say I don't know what I'm saying but I've been there it's just religion nothing else.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by bolacode: 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2021
GiantParrot:

I understand where you're coming from. It's a place distorted by lack of appreciation of the historical context of things and I doubt I can help much here. But I'll say this here:

Idolatry is the worship of something or someone other than God as though it were God.

Catholics who bow down to the image of the Virgin Mary as though she were God, or in any way or manner can take the place of God, are indeed idolatrous. Because divine worship (characterised in the Catholic Church as Latria) belongs to God alone. Giving divine worship or honour to anyone or anything outside of God is idolatry.

In Christianity and Judaism, God has nothing against imagery or statues, except when they are used to replace God. Otherwise God would've proven Himself a liar by providing specifications on how the Cherubim be constructed on the ark of the covenant, or the construction of the bronze snake in the desert. Modernist have no authority over God to decide that He is against images. In trying to exercise their fake authority over God's ways, they declare Him a liar. God is certainly against treatment of any image or statue as though it is God.

In Christianity, does God have different means of growing the faith of His people? Certainly. Modernist have no authority to place any limits on the means God decides upon. He can decided in His himan form to use saliva to mix mud and touch the eyes of the blind then asks the same blind person to wash in the river in order to regain his sight, He can decide to use handkerchiefs and garments to work miracles and build people's faiths. It's up to God and not any modernist. But the instruments (read sacramentals) He chooses to use must never take the place of God or be accorded any divine worship.

On the matter of history, bowing to a person a sign of respect in historical cultures is perfectly acceptable. Bowing to anyone or anything as though they were God was as unacceptable in the Christian Faith 2000 years ago as it is now. On the matter of acts of respect, honour or veneration, a person who respects and honours their parents is said to do well. People respect and honour their bosses. People respect and honour their Governors, they say your excellency to their Presidents, your honour to their Judges, and your majesty to their kings. These are perfectly acceptable. People give different degrees of respect, reverence, honour to different people in their society based on their relationships with them and their hierarchy in society. Only big time liars will claim they don't do so. In the even more hierarchical societies of times past, these concepts of honour and reverence had stronger implications on how people interacted across different social strata. The Church Fathers regarded the Christ-like life as deserving of extremely high honour and reverence among the faithful, higher than that accorded to any judge, or politician, or arsitocrat, or Governor, or Emperor or any high ranking member of society. They decided the Christ-like people (Saints) be honoured specially, not because of themselves, but because of the Christ whom they have revealed through their Christian lives. [b]So faithfuls can look unto these Saints as further encouragement for living a Christ-like life, for it is such life that should be accorded higher honour and reverence. [/b]Bowing, as understood from the historical origins in Christian practice, is an act of reverence for the Christ-like lives they lived. And if we honour them for this, we honour Christ. Because if we do not avknowlwdge the absolute honour of a Christ-like life, then no Saint deserves any honour.

But aren't the Saints dead? Someone will ask. The Catholic faith believes in the power of Christ as the bread of life to give full life to those who died physically in Christ. This life provided by Christ is not partial, but full, complete and eternal. It is why these saints are counted among the crowd of witnesses and Spirits of the just made perfect that we have come to in Hebrews 12, and the complete life they have in Christ Jesus is what enables them to present before God prayers as incense in Revelation 5:8, and to serve as priests for God in Revelation 5:10. The church of God on earth is in full communion with the Saints in heaven, together serving God.

So what are the images doing? The images are there to call to the mind of the faithful the person who the image represents. [/b]Because humans in our mental frailty are easily distracted and can easily lose focus. Many liars will claim that they are not easily distracted. Oh well, no one does himself any good by lying to himself. No image is there to be worshipped as though it is God. In the spirit on one communion, the christian (saint) on earth communicates/fellowships with other christians on earth, and also with the Saints in heaven who are truly alive by the life Christ provides (same Saints in heaven who present incense to God). Whenever [b]we bow in front of the image, we are only continuing the tradition of showing high reverence and connection to the person represented by that image. It is not idolatry in anyway because it in no way or manner makes any image or Saint take the place of God.

U said a lot of beautiful things here, however, I want to make u understand that honouring people who lived examplary lives should only end by using them as examples when addressing believers, and should not expend to moulding their images, kneeling before those, and asking them to **pray for you** as being done by the Catholics.

The images are not only being used to call to mind anything.. Catholics actually kneel before them and ask whoever the image represents to pray for them.

Its is idolatry to bow in front of images and pray to them (to pray for u).

U seem to av learnt so much in defence of Catholicism, bro. Bowing dow before and praying to images is not a Christian practice. It is one of the strange cultures of the idolatrous Romans. There are many celebrations among the Romans also that have not place in the Scriptures, being practiced by Catholics.
Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by Recardo(m): 2:51pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:

First, I want to apologize for the statement insinuating that Catholic Christians are less Christian compared to Pentecostals. That was not meant to be a generalization. The reason why faith is my principal concern is because, as a Christian, there are certain ethics and codes of conduct a person adopts and practices that guide their actions and decisions. It is the crux of the matter for me.

Many of the comments are asking for elaboration especially with regards to other aspects besides spirituality. Some of the red flags in terms of his attitude and behavior that give me cause for concern are how he relates with ladies; I found that he cheated on me a couple of times. Some of my friends who are married assure me that it is nothing to worry about because “men will always be men”. However, I feel like overlooking that means ‘settling’. Also, he tends to act like we’re competing for career success. I’m a banker and he works with a company and is well paid. From comments he makes when I make attempts to pursue growth, like take courses or attend conferences to network, his response shows that he thinks it’s a waste of time and resources. I don’t always expect him to give me financial support, even if encouragement. But he feels I should be content with my current status. It scares me that he may staunch my progress after marriage.
I’m no saint myself, but I know marriage is a lifetime affair and just because I didn’t look before I leaped into the relationship doesn’t mean I shouldn’t at this point try to make amends.

This is a very simple thing to do.
Instead of saying this to people who won't even relate to your experience or understand where your lane is, why dont you express these fears DIRECTLY to your man with respect and being unafraid? Why is it so hard for people to look into the eyes of their partner and tell them what exactly they fear or joy over?
Sister, life is not everlasting in the physical sense of things, but time will keep on going forever, so why do you hide your fears and bottling your expressions to your fiance? Tell him directly all these things and talk with him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Introduction, I’m Seeing Too Many Red Flags by MASCOTECH: 2:52pm On Jun 24, 2021
mugnmuffin:
Dear Nairalanders,

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

"What Happened When I Followed My Boyfriend To Germany" / My Experience Dating A High-value Woman. / My Girlfriend's Best Friend Is A Guy And I'm Jealous!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.