Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,193 members, 7,815,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan (35147 Views)

Ongoing Primaries A Mess, Says Jonathan / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Hamzat Is A Compulsive Liar who has no character for public , Says Jonathan Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by beardedboy(m): 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

This is only true when natives are lazy bones. If you're hardworking then there's no need to fear competition.

Also, there are ways to favour natives without necessarily causing bigotry and hate. Go to UK.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by florixi: 8:42pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
If they praise you for your ethnic diversity know that one day, they are coming to take what is yours.

Diversity is a killer and a stealer. What diversity does is to take the opportunity meant for natives and give it to non indigenes, then you and non natives start fighting for resources and opportunities in your own land leading to ethnic tensions.

Those that praise the south west for diversity will never allow it in their land, go to their universities and ministries, only natives works there.

They preach diversity when they want to take what is meant for you and then preach you are not from here when you go to their own land to seek opportunity.

But you love to go to US ,UK , Canada or Germany and become a citizen but you cannot accommodate your fellow blacks in your land. If the white people are reasoning like this most of Africans will die in poverty. If we can get Yoruba Nation our country will be exactly like US, the best hands gets the job!.

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Microwhy: 8:44pm On Jun 23, 2021
Penguin2:

Keep IPOB off ur mouth for once, you will not die!

Meanwhile Southwest is managing its diversity well because those that claim to be Muslims are just there . Not like the stupid fundamentalists you have up north.

Well except for that muMURIC irredentist that recently took up the robe of religious iberiberism.
Childish comment..
What is the meaning of @bolded.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by LyfeJennings(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Not a lie
The north are even more accomodating but the East is nothing to write home about. Those folks have tribalism in their bloodstream

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by abbey621(m): 8:46pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

They allow minorities but the whites don't live in minorities areas.

Even among minorities, bird of the same feather flocks together. Iranians with Iranians, chinese with chinese, lebanese with lebanese, Russians with Russians etc, and these people dont assimilate with the dominate European culture, that is why there are lot of interracial tensions in europe, even the European police don't know how to handle people of other races, if you go hard on them, they accuse you of racism.

Even in schools, africans move with Africans, asians with asians, whites with whites. Even sometimes, classes are divided subconsciously according to race.

Diversity is good on paper but in reality it is a time bomb for crisis, distrust and discrimination.

White will complain that foreigners are taking their job, so they will self preserve themselves by only employing whites, indians too, then blacks will feel left out and accuse the other of discrimination.

Everyday, they keep pointing fingers at each others creating more tension.

With all due respect, what you wrote needs context otherwise it won't make much sense! I'm going to name 5 top European cities and I want you to tell me where your analysis truly applies:

1. London
2. Madrid
3. Milan
4. Paris
5. Rome

You mean whites don't live in these areas? You mean Africans don't marry whites? Asians don't marry whites and so on? You mean the universities are still practicing seclusion? Of course it is human nature to want to be with your kind but in places like London where we have a minority as mayor and Paris where many Africans are in important positions, I fail to see how diversity hurts these places more than being secluded. The excuse of people taking away jobs has been proven to be nonsense over and over again, in fact the jobs that the whites refuse to do is what many Africans and Asians do with cheerful smile so tell me can foreigners actually take away jobs that is not desired in the first place?

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nedekid: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
Goke7:

Very apt, na we for SW think say we get sense when we are actually being robbed. Diversity is only sweet when those you tolerate don't rub it in your face and make you look stupid and powerless
Maybe it is economic empowerment that might be the issue here. You tolerate and they rub it In your face and make you look stupid and powerless? How do you sell land to a person, he pays for it, you collect the money and he builds a house then you go back to say you tolerate him in your neighborhood?
I think it is a willing seller, willing buyer arrangement. Fair enough on you, you should not sell land or rent out property to anyone you do not want in your midst. You sell, then it is no longer your property and so you have given up your right plain and simple! Oga you arnt doing nobody a favor. You have the option of buying out all the houses owned by the folks you "tolerate" in your street so they stop rubbing it in your face (using your words). Do not rent shops to non indigenes. Buy back shops built by them and rent only to your folks that wount rub it in your face.
Haba, you cannot eat your cake and have it.
My old neighbor placed his house for sale as he is above 75. The best offer he got was from a non indigene. Baba sold and took his money to ogun state and bought a nice house there for retirement. Tomorrow his sons will say non indigene took their father's house and is rubbing it in their face undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
florixi:

But you love to go to US ,UK , Canada or Germany and become a citizen but you cannot accommodate your fellow blacks in your land. If the white people are reasoning like this most of Africans will die in poverty. If we can get Yoruba Nation our country will be exactly like US, the best hands gets the job!.

Are the whites accommodating.

Do you think if i go to a white neighborhood, they wont call the police on me.

White people practice self preservation than any other race, they employ themselves and live with themselves, no wonder they even look down on interracial marriages because in due time it will make them minorities.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by beardedboy(m): 8:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I have never seen anywhere where diversity brings peace.

All countries that practise diversity have too much racial tensions. Any small trouble each race will be pointing fingers at the others leading to distrust.

Stop this your nonsense rants. It's senseless to say the least. To be frank and factual, it's stupid and animalistic.

Conflicts are a normal part of every social interaction; from marriages to even the animal kingdom. It's how you manage it that defines your human and maturity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
Penguin2:

Keep IPOB off ur mouth for once, you will not die!

Meanwhile Southwest is managing its diversity well because those that claim to be Muslims are just there. Not like the stupid fundamentalists you have up north.

Well except for that muMURIC irredentist that recently took up the robe of religious iberiberism.
Hateful donkey.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by God1stson(m): 8:55pm On Jun 23, 2021
greatiyk4u:
Igbos are not religious tolerant and that's simple truth

f

How did u arrive at this conclusion. Igbos are mostly anglicans and Catholics because of the roles they played in d civil way. Islam and it's tenets is not appealing to d Igbos becos we are liberal and we always shy away from anything that suggest cohesion. Even if u like erect mosque in every square km in igboland the best it can do attract one or two but nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by IPIGSRDOTARDS: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2021
IPIG terrorist monkeys are the most tribalistic fools on the face of the planet. Mert these MOFOs even in the US and they are still consumed bu tribal and religious deficiencies. They are inherently stuck in the neanderthal stone age era.
Dumb MOFOs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by babtoundey(m): 9:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
AutoChick4U:
There's little diversity in SW pls

The SW is even more diverse than the SE and even North. Both SE is neat mono-ethnic and mono-religious and to some extent, monoculture in nature while the north, though has numerous ethnic groups is unified by language, religion, shared values and common history. What overruled the differences (religious,tribal and cultural differences) in the south west is the belief in common origin. Even though you're Domiciled (born, bred and have all your families in Ondo) it is very possible you find your bloodlines among the Oyos, Egbas Ekitis and Igbominas (This is traceable through family oriki which trascend the bond of tribe/state/religion).
If you are against or wants to attack someone because of his religion, or tribe you might get to know you are attacking you own blood brother.

The numerous civil wars that rocked Yoruba land and displaced families and kindereds was a blessing in disguise. it helped to create bonds among the present day Yoruba. You might be an Oyo person, it is not impossible that you will people who share the same identity as you among in other parts of Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lol. IPOBian won't like this praise of Yorubas coming from their messiah and hero Jonathan.

No fan of Jonathan but his talk here just shows he is good man, like most Ijaws, who knows what is right and wrong but was put in a position, as President, where he did not have the intrinsic strenght and support base to move ruthlessly in favour of doing the right thing regardless of whose Ox is gored.

Jonathan, as President, was always appeasing the North to get their support yet it did him no good whatsoever.

Conversely, it wad no surprise OBJ cowered a lot of Northerners as President because of the position of his ethnic group as a premier force in Nigeria no one can subjugate or bully.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by nedekid: 9:02pm On Jun 23, 2021
LyfeJennings:

Not a lie
The north are even more accomodating but the East is nothing to write home about. Those folks have tribalism in their bloodstream
I disagree with you. I served in the east 1995. I was shocked at the amount of westerners, northerners living, owning property, married over there. Ofcourse most of the westerners clausterd around cities where you have multinationals eg, Nbl, guiness, Unilever etc plants. Then you had a lot tilted towards the oil industry in the aba port harcourt axis. Most of the coppers from the west that served before me did not return. Alot settled and married there. Haba in the 90ies in aba, i knew how many amala joints we ate regularly.
My point is that possibly economic, social, trade, fate etc really drives one to an area. I have not seen that a westerner or northerner wants to reside in an area up east and he is not accommodated comfortably. He rents or buys property and is welcomed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by codemaniacs: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
florixi:

Africans can't die in poverty because they grow their food..

If Yorubas get their country then the best Yoruba hands will get the job.

1 Like

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
abbey621:

With all due respect, what you wrote needs context otherwise it won't make much sense! I'm going to name 5 top European cities and I want you to tell me where your analysis truly applies:

1. London
2. Madrid
3. Milan
4. Paris
5. Rome

You mean whites don't live in these areas? You mean Africans don't marry whites? Asians don't marry whites and so on? You mean the universities are still practicing seclusion? Of course it is human nature to want to be with your kind but in places like London where we have a minority as mayor and Paris where many Africans are in important positions, I fail to see how diversity hurts these places more than being secluded. The excuse of people taking away jobs has been proven to be nonsense over and over again, in fact the jobs that the whites refuse to do is what many Africans and Asians do with cheerful smile so tell me can foreigners actually take away jobs that is not desired in the first place?

Uk is only diversed in London and that diversity does not mean areas where whites live aren't different from where black lives. Even most whites have left the city to various smaller towns where there are white majority.

In respect to jobs, you hardly see black people working in private sectors where whites are dorminate that is because they employ themselves. Even indians employ themselves. I went through a pictures of many white owned organizations in London and i didn't see 1 single black, i saw Asians and Chinese not blacks.

The remaining cities you mentioned are nothing to write home about, blacks are minority and are working odd jobs and suffering from racial discrimination apart from Paris which has a dorminate black population from french speaking african countries, the blacks there aren't also given jobs, no wonder, they all want to move to the uk.

If foreigners arent taking jobs from the natives in the uk then there won't be brexist and the rest anti immigrant protest and policies carried by the Uk government.

Since immigration started in the Uk, the white population complained about increase in crime rate, changes in demography of the places they used to live, the other ethnic minorities have also complained about increased discrimination when it comes to jobs because of white self preservation which many non whites see as evil.

It is very difficult living in a multi racial or multi ethnic society, it just create lot of tension and unnecessary societal problems.

4 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by greatiyk4u(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2021
God1stson:
f

How did u arrive at this conclusion. Igbos are mostly anglicans and Catholics because of the roles they played in d civil way. Islam and it's tenets is not appealing to d Igbos becos we are liberal and we always shy away from anything that suggest cohesion. Even if u like erect mosque in every square km in igboland the best it can do attract one or two but nothing more.

You just confirmed my assertion
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Kwamecron(m): 9:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Thanks to Jagaban of Nigerian
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
JimiJunji:

Some people would dismiss what you're saying simply because they benefit from the one sided Yoruba liberalism which isn't reciprocated on their side.

Some would disagree simply because ignorantly they see diversity as intellectual sophistication and "progressiveness".

Others merely for political reasons.

The feeling of being woke and "progressive" make people lose the fundamental truth of tribal existence and harmony.

3 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Sedonxavi: 9:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

We are all diverse but there is what is called identity.

In the north, there are different tribes but we know our identity is Hausa or fulani etc and we protect that identity.

Likewise in yoruba land, their are different tribes but the identity is Yoruba.

Protecting your people and making sure they get opportunities is called self preservation, your people first before others, if you don't do that, in due time either your people go hungry and die off or they get wiped out by stronger tribes.
Ode! can you tell us different tribe we have in Yoruba that is not Yoruba...Dundee
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by asunmoGGMU(m): 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

In all honesty, I have to agree with your submission and it is sad. Go to ABU or UNN and count the numbers of SWners working there, you'll barely get a quarter of their extracts that we have in UI alone. Don't add UNILAG to it. But they want us to believe all these institutions are "federal" institutions. Late Akintola made a serious move to correct this in UI, but his political battle with Awo won't let many see that. Ahmadu Bello did his best in protecting the northerners. It's not being tribalistic but playing to the peculiarities of your nation. We can't continue to fool ourselves. That Yorubas are welcoming is one indices that resulted to all these.

5 Likes

Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by sabidey: 9:16pm On Jun 23, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Diversity does not bring any peace.

It brings competition for scared resources, ethnic tension, high crime rate, cultural shock and enmity.

If you know you know.

Yeah, there are advantages but the disadvantages is more than the advantage.

Countries where diversity is preached have a lot of racial tension and discrimination.
yet, those countries thrive better. Use America and Canada as a case study
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by ntyce(m): 9:18pm On Jun 23, 2021
cocolacec:

canada is a stolen land like america ,the real owners are left with nothing.

The discuss isn't about ownership of land.

The current leadership in Canada is working to diversify the country as much as possible.
Re: Only South West Has Properly Managed Its Diversity, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 23, 2021
AutoChick4U:
There's little diversity in SW pls

Lol. My hateful IPOBian sister, please tell us where there is better example of diversity in Nigeria.

Your own ala Igbo? Don't make me laugh. You guys should learn to say the truth and shame the Devil.

Yes you hate the Yorubas but it takes nothing from you to admit the truth about them as GEJ has just done and perhaps learn to make your own people better in the process by taking good examples from what Yorubas do better than all others to universal acclaim.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photos And Video From The PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Owerri / I’ll Sack The 22 APC Chairmen Elected In Rivers – Wike / Obasanjo Warns Against Handover Of Nigeria To Thieves, Hooligans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.