Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. (6633 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by bukatyne(f): 12:44pm On Jun 29, 2021
NoApology:
We've all been there at some point in our lives. I hope the ordeal doesn't leave you cold like it did many of us.

In the end they are just feelings. They'll surely go away.

My advice is go through this pain and heal because it is inevitable, no matter how much you try to avoid it.

You are right on how to kill someone.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by bukatyne(f): 12:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oliviajones:

Did you say he'll wake up and realize I'm the best thing?

What happened?

Is he your first lover?
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
JovialJune:
Op is obviously a novice in the relationship game, if she isn't aforementioned, she wouldn't make herself 100% involved with the guy, she would have shrugged the breakup off as nothing and move the fvck on,

Op pele.

@bold:

I pray she never gets to that point.

She will retain her nectar and God will bless her with discernment to pick the next man who loves her passionately

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by rosalieene(f): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oliviajones
The mistake most of us make is to build our world round a man.
Now, that's what makes breaking up very painful.
The thought of where will you start from will make you go back and keep begging him to reconsider.
Now let me shock you, there are thousands of better single men out there. All you need is to be sociable and approachable. I bet you, you would meet guys million times better than your EX.
Then the question of, what was I thinking when I was begging Mr EX would always come to mind cheesy
Allow yourself to heal, do not beg again because you're priceless. Tell yourself that you're a gold and you will see yourself glowing.
Keep pushing till you find the right one. It doesn't matter how long.
Cheers smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by UjuJoan2: 1:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oliviajones:
Mods, do NOT push to front page. THANK YOU

Only if you let him go completely will he know if he needs you back in his life. If he doesn’t come back then trust me, it’s for the best.

You can do this . . Just keep taking it one day at a time!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by UjuJoan2: 1:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

He will ONLY come back when he can trust that you have dealt with your anger issues and immaturity. Tough advise sis.

Truth is, you had a fine young man, which is an exception to what we have these days. I mean, you're on NL, take a look around you.

He won't listen to you cos this is not the first time you've messed up and apologized, so now he don't trust you no more.

You have to earn his trust again and to do this, genuinely work on your insecurities and give him the MUCH NEEDED space he's asked for.

We are assuming his is a ‘fine young man’. It may just be her feelings clouding her judgement and making her think he is special. for all we know he could be scum like the rest of them. Lol

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by HRSweetness(f): 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2021
UjuJoan2:

We are assuming his is a ‘fine young man’. It may just be her feelings clouding her judgement and making her think he is special. for all we know he could be scum like the rest of them. Lol

Trust me he isn't. LOL.

Going by her fewly worded description of him, he is certainly a fine young man. He could have easily turned her to a sex buddy but he declined any form of intimacy (she said he didn't want sex).

He is also adamant about not having a relationship (temporarily I hope), that shows he is a strong willed guy who stays resolute in beneficial decisions made.

I am very certain that this guy is not your typical NL boy. LOL.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by HRSweetness(f): 2:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oliviajones:

Definitely

Hey babe @oliviajones, where you at? Come let's gist.

I may be at your location next week, attending a conference. Trips not confirmed yet cos I'm exhausted. Done a couple of round trips these past months so I need a break.

If I don't succeed in wriggling myself out of this, will hit you up. Maybe we can hang.

Respond to this message oh. LOL.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 2:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

Hey babe @oliviajones, where you at? Come let's gist.

I may be at your location next week, attending a conference. Trips not confirmed yet cos I'm exhausted. Done a couple of round trips these past months so I need a break.

If I don't succeed in wriggling myself out of this, will hit you up. Maybe we can hang.

Respond to this message oh. LOL.

Hi smiley smiley Sure. Please hit me up when you come around. I have exams next week but I can make out time.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by HRSweetness(f): 2:35pm On Jun 29, 2021
Oliviajones:

Hi smiley smiley Sure. Please hit me up when you come around. I have exams next week but I can make out time.

Great smiley.

So, I must say you're doing great. He's missing you already wink keep the distance and create some suspense LOL. No he didn't call you cos he thought you did something crazy, he called cos he actually missed you wink Girl power. cool

And success in your exams smiley
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Vision101(m): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2021
@Saintmary

Your information is wrong, eligible men and women full ground. Maybe you're in a village sha.

@me
Na village meat, the unriped fruits boys are rushing now. That's where there are abundance of wife material.

Not in the cities where you have over-ripped fruits with artificial boob and butt with plastered and painted faces. There is over supply.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Cuttycool(f): 2:42pm On Jun 29, 2021
The best thing to do is to replace him. Yes, it's time to move on. You may feel you will never meet someone like him, but that's not correct. You will meet someone better only if you move on. Hope you have learnt your lessons and will become a better person.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 2:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

Great smiley.

So, I must say you're doing great. He's missing you already wink keep the distance and create some suspense LOL. No he didn't call you cos he thought you did something crazy, he called cos he actually missed you wink Girl power. cool

And success in your exams smiley

Thanks a bunch smiley smiley
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by mariahAngel(f): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
Cuttycool:
The best thing to do is to replace him. Yes, it's time to move on. You may feel you will never meet someone like him, but that's not correct. You will meet someone better only if you move on. Hope you have learnt your lessons and will become a better person.

She needs to heal completely first, so that she can genuinely love again.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by UjuJoan2: 5:10pm On Jun 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

Trust me he isn't. LOL.

Going by her fewly worded description of him, he is certainly a fine young man. He could have easily turned her to a sex buddy but he declined any form of intimacy (she said he didn't want sex).

He is also adamant about not having a relationship (temporarily I hope), that shows he is a strong willed guy who stays resolute in beneficial decisions made.

I am very certain that this guy is not your typical NL boy. LOL.

Good points! cool
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Dupalmer: 8:15am On Jul 07, 2021
Saintmary:

He's had you, you're no longer new to him.
That's what we call see finish.
If you love yourself, cut off all contact with him, dust yourself up and meet a new person.
If you talk to him, he'll only manipulate you into giving him free sex, you can never win that game.

Moveeeeeeee on.

Modified:
And next time, be stingy with sex, very stingy. E get why.
A man can get sex from anywhere almost at anytime. Even close friends and relatives of a lady can easily dishonor her and offer him sex.
#hardfact
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Saintmary(f): 1:53pm On Jul 07, 2021
Dupalmer:

A man can get sex from anywhere almost at anytime. Even close friends and relatives of a lady can easily dishonor her and offer him sex.
#hardfact

Any woman can get sex from anywhere, at any time.
Sex is cheap nowadays.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Kriss216: 2:29pm On Aug 10, 2021
Saintmary:

Any woman can get sex from anywhere, at any time.
Sex is cheap nowadays.
It's difficult to find good gbola. Believe me

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Saintmary(f): 10:45pm On Aug 10, 2021
Kriss216:

It's difficult to find good gbola. Believe me

Are you not a man?
How would you know?
Guys are always quick to UnCloth in front of girls, but can't show it to their friends.

I told you people earlier, your secrets will start coming out one by one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advice Me: My Father In Law’s Culture Demands I Sleep With Him Before Marriage / Any Training Center For Public Speaking Course In Lagos? / Cutest Baby Contest - VOTE NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.