Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. (6621 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by muller101(m): 9:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Saintmary:

He's had you, you're no longer new to him.
That's what we call see finish.
If you love yourself, cut off all contact with him, dust yourself up and meet a new person.
If you talk to him, he'll only manipulate you into giving him free sex, you can never win that game.

Moveeeeeeee on.

Modified:
And next time, be stingy with sex, very stingy. E get why.
What else can she offer apart from sex.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Tomblaize: 9:29pm On Jun 27, 2021
No Contact is your best option. He will never forget u, trust me.

Oliviajones:
He broke up with me over a month ago. We still talk because I keep trying to convince him why we should get back together but he'd rather we remain friends. I've begged, I've cried, I promised changed attitude.
I get panic attacks at night, I can't cope properly during the day. I had built my life around him.

I can't do the no contact thing because I fear he'd forget about me and move on. Please talk to me. This is the worst I've felt.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by iamL(f): 9:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Some of u girls are just too cheap. Go hustle!
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Yuneehk(f): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
SportsHD:

Woe betide the girl that broke you. Damn! grin

Anyone can claim to be a hard person online.
Offline, a girl is using his heart to play ball. Not saying that's his case, but it's not impossible.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by SportsHD: 10:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Yuneehk:

Anyone can claim to be a hard person online.
Offline, a girl is using his heart to play ball. Not saying that's his case, but it's not impossible.

Damn, mami. You fine asf!
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Biodex58(m): 10:35pm On Jun 27, 2021
This girl ona dey advice no get fit deletes that guy contact ooh, she still dey beg for love omo.. ��
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Yuneehk(f): 10:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
SportsHD:

Thanks, papi.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2021
Move on: cease the communication (begging, crying, convincing), delete his number and change yours if you need to); then work on bettering yourself. Before you know it, the right guy will make his way into your life, but you gotta let this one go for that to take effect.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Xmen149(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:
He broke up with me over a month ago. We still talk because I keep trying to convince him why we should get back together but he'd rather we remain friends. I've begged, I've cried, I promised changed attitude.
I get panic attacks at night, I can't cope properly during the day. I had built my life around him.

I can't do the no contact thing because I fear he'd forget about me and move on. Please talk to me. This is the worst I've felt.

You sound more like in remorse than heartbreak. Are you the course of the breakup ? What did you do wrong

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
ntooooorh!!... cry me a river, only the gods the the weight of crime you committed against him

one day your condition go reach all these NL ladies
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by frozen70(f): 11:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

The earlier you brace yourself up the best for you

He has already moved in and you are here brooding over some one who is now in another planet

It's time you understand that you don't love with all your heart so that situations like this you will have a spare heart to carry you on

You have to move on but most importantly change your attitude if not you are likely to repeat whatever lead to the break up with another person

You must be prepared to face a breakup if you can't maintain yourself and uphold a relationship

He still likes you but your attitude may have made him take a strong decision
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Vision101(m): 2:03am On Jun 28, 2021
@Saintmary

Modified:

@me
Will it change anything? Not in this era where ladies are stranded and there is fierce competition among them for eligible men.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Gloriagee(f): 4:02am On Jun 28, 2021
You know. Emphasis on he said wink
crackhaus:

Wow, such innocence and naivety. cry

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Gloriagee(f): 4:08am On Jun 28, 2021
He's just NOT that into you! He just wasn't that into you! N the probability that He will never be into you is soooo high.

Trust me in the grand scheme of things, he can be irrelevant if u want him to be irrelevant. Never beg for love. Maka why? He should see you as worthy of his love, affection and time. Do u wanna sign up for a relationship where love or fidelity is forced? Take a break girl and next time sign up for a relationship where his energy matches yours.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by phemmyfour: 4:52am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

You have to move on, it's time to rebuild your life
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 5:17am On Jun 28, 2021
Xmen149:

You sound more like in remorse than heartbreak. Are you the course of the breakup ? What did you do wrong

I am.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 6:17am On Jun 28, 2021
dingbang:
you messed up thats why he ditched out.

I am glad you have accepted your flaws. Starting a new rship afresh can be so difficult these days. Just let him be.. He will come by later and you two will continue.
Are you sure?
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Dailyparrot: 6:21am On Jun 28, 2021
SportsHD:

For the first time I've seen a beautiful nairaland female even though I don't take camera beauty very serious.

But, do you go about checking the profile of any female moniker that drops comment here? Just curious how you got to see her picture undecided
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Dailyparrot: 6:23am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

I am.

Confess ma'am. Tell us the full gist what transpired.

You might be helping some young girls reading this.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Octopusssy(f): 6:24am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

Are you sure?
Don't hold your breath, sis. He is not into you anymore and that is just a bitter pill you need to swallow.

You'll be fine, eventually. Right now you'll feel like you're going to die with the pain, but eventually, you will be fine. It might take time but you'll be fine.

Right now stop begging and give the nigga some space. Find something to distract you
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Styluss: 6:37am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

try to move on. It's easier if you find solace in a friend. Just maintain convo with that person and you will gradually forget about him. Acting this way wont make him bulge but grow more wings
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2021
Styluss:
try to move on. It's easier if you find solace in a friend. Just maintain convo with that person and you will gradually forget about him. Acting this way wont make him bulge but grow more wings

Yeah he said he wants space and time. I think I should give him that now because my pleadings aren't doing much. If anything, it's pushing him away. Will he come back after thinking things over? We had a beautiful thing going.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Obakashdee(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

Yeah he said he wants space and time. I think I should give him that now because my pleadings aren't doing much. If anything, it's pushing him away. Will he come back after thinking things over? We had a beautiful thing going.
Sorry my dear, this is a lost cause, the earlier you know the better, he’ll rather remain a friend, if you insist you’ll turn fvck buddy, pick up the pieces and run abeg. Delete his number, breath afresh and start again, nothing like you build your life around him, when ronaldinho comot Barca, they found Messi so stop disturbing us here.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 7:04am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

Are you sure?
very sure. Just go about your normal duties.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 7:05am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

he will come back. Thats for sure.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

Are you sure?
check your email.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Styluss: 7:21am On Jun 28, 2021
Oliviajones:

that decision is for him to make.... If you guys are meant to be, he'll surely come back... Just move on and be happy. I lost a year relationship last week, this one even blocked me everywhere grin. I had to travel 3hours just to plead. I was locked outside, couldn't even meet him. It Was painful but i had to move on. I don't even feel it anymore. Just be free and engage in activities. You can check up on him once in a while just for him to know you still care. If you meant to be, he'll come around.
Your happiness is important, seeing you sad will make him more happy and justified. Be open to new people. Live and love life
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 7:25am On Jun 28, 2021
Styluss:
that decision is for him to make.... If you guys are meant to be, he'll surely come back... Just move on and be happy. I lost a year relationship last week, this one even blocked me everywhere grin. I had to travel 3hours just to plead. I was locked outside, couldn't even meet him. It Was painful but i had to move on. I don't even feel it anymore. Just be free and engage in activities. You can check up on him once in a while just for him to know you still care. If you meant to be, he'll come around.
Your happiness is important, seeing you sad will make him more happy and justified. Be open to new people. Live and love life

Thank you

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by descarado: 7:34am On Jun 28, 2021
When you saw the sign he is gonna japa, you would have saved your dignity and left him.

The worst form of relationship is relationship formed out of pity.

He don't want you again, if he eventually agree, you will be third wheel and abused emotionally.

So many people out there, we think we can love only once?

For any dead relationship, there is a good one waiting out there. All in the mind.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Klass99(f): 7:38am On Jun 28, 2021
smiley

4 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by jimmychang: 7:47am On Jun 28, 2021
Saintmary:

He's had you, you're no longer new to him.
That's what we call see finish.
If you love yourself, cut off all contact with him, dust yourself up and meet a new person.
If you talk to him, he'll only manipulate you into giving him free sex, you can never win that game.

Moveeeeeeee on.

Modified:

Stingy as if the pussy dey bring good luck and blessings grin grin....rest

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 8:09am On Jun 28, 2021
Klass99:

Lol.

At the bolded parts, I am curious about you too, how did you get to see a beautiful Nairaland female for the first time?

@Oliviajones, is this your first break up in life? If it is I'll understand all your drama but if it's not you need to get a grip and get it real fast.

Reality check - you may never get back together and right now you should focus on recovery, your personal recovery and not focus on winning this guy back at all cost.

Do this IF you want to heal and recover fast - cut off all contact and communication, don't even text or call on birthdays, no checking up on him and no stalking him on social media platforms to see what he is up to. Do not respond to his texts or calls either, block and walk!

It is not my first relationship.

I want him back. Ignoring his calls and messages won't help me with that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

She Is A Housewife, She Doesn't Work??? / My Little Dilemma / Opinion: The Boy-child Should Not Be Domestically-inclined Primarily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.