Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. (6615 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? / The Poor People In Nigeria Are A Terrible Lot- Nigerian Lady Says, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2021
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Foodqueen(f): 1:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Don't be positive. Accept the fact that it's over.

Close your door, assume him to be your pillow or teddy. Hit it, blame it, say all you want to say to him. Then cry all u want.

By the time u wake up, u will be better.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by DaddyRochie1642: 1:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

He doesn't even want sex. I'd give him that if that's what it takes.

You just made me Laugh
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Charlex23(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

I wish it was so easy. I have a job. I'm doing very okay financially. I'm working on my flaws. He's not the bad guy. He was very good to me. How can someone just fall out of love so easy like I didn't mean anything? Silent treatment for someone who is wishing me a better man and the best in my next relationship? He just doesn't want me and my heart is yet to accept that.
Of course people tend to fall out of love for no just reason.it happens, maybe what he had for you was infatuation anyway . It could also be possible that he's just going through a phase. But all the same let him be. That's humans for you always inconsistent

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by victoryukpong(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:
He broke up with me over a month ago. We still talk because I keep trying to convince him why we should get back together but he'd rather we remain friends. I've begged, I've cried, I promised changed attitude.
I get panic attacks at night, I can't cope properly during the day. I had built my life around him.

I can't do the no contact thing because I fear he'd forget about me and move on. Please talk to me. This is the worst I've felt.

@lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44

to be honest I'm in your situation too even though I'm a guy but to tell you the truth we haven't really known each other's that much though and when i tried to communicate with her it all end up naught meaning I'm wasting my time

so even though i broke up twice and we're still reconciled over the issues of lack of attention and boringness in our relationship, i had to accept and just play along, to tell you the truth i want to double date so badly but my heart won't let her go

so my take don't think much about him

try toasting a guy online to keep your attentions off him

that's just it

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by SweetiliciousD: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
DDDEnterprises:
If you built your life around him and the guy is insistent on not having it anymore, then demolish the "building" and get a new life. undecided

And then another advise. Whoever you are going to love next, don't take it to the extent that you build your life around him. That's why it's difficult for you to let go.

Only God's love and favour - if a person deserves it - is permanent and worthy. Everything else in life is transient.

a lover can leave any time. if he doesn't leave as a deliberate action, circumstances such as death, travel e.t.c can make him leave. That's life.

demolish that fvcking building and lay another foundation upon God's love and favour, then start building or topping it with things that revolve around YOU and not someone else.

That's how you live life.

well, this is according to my little wisdom sha

Spot on.

Like attracts like.

Build your life with stern selfishness and attract same success you've built.

The respect will be mutual and you won't have to beg for it anymore.

Period!

#SelfLoveIsBestLove

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:
That's good.

I love seeing Nigerian girls in this situation. It gives me joy. It makes me have faith in restoration of brains for SIMP.le guys.

If you're a lady here, you've gone through heartbreak or you're going through heartbreak, DM me.

I want to scatter that heart kpata kpata cool
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:
That's good.

I love seeing Nigerian girls in this situation. It gives me joy. It makes me have faith in restoration of brains for SIMP.le guys.

If you're a lady here, you've gone through heartbreak or you're going through heartbreak, DM me.

hmmm uncle take heart ehn... we understand de fact dat u're going or have been through a whole lot. sorry ehn

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by crackhaus: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:

Be stingy with sex

She's a Nigerian girl. What else will she be offering the guy? Long life
Oh God...

11 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:
He broke up with me over a month ago. We still talk because I keep trying to convince him why we should get back together but he'd rather we remain friends. I've begged, I've cried, I promised changed attitude.
I get panic attacks at night, I can't cope properly during the day. I had built my life around him.

I can't do the no contact thing because I fear he'd forget about me and move on. Please talk to me. This is the worst I've felt.

@lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by JovialJune(f): 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:
That's good.

Dan iska.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
I understand hw u feel right now ma'am but de truth is u have 2 learn hw 2 stop wanting him 2 want u coz it might hurt de most later
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by JovialJune(f): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2021
Op is obviously a novice in the relationship game, if she isn't aforementioned, she wouldn't make herself 100% involved with the guy, she would have shrugged the breakup off as nothing and move the fvck on,

Op pele.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by crackhaus: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

I wish it was so easy. I have a job. I'm doing very okay financially. I'm working on my flaws. He's not the bad guy. He was very good to me. How can someone just fall out of love so easy like I didn't mean anything? Silent treatment for someone who is wishing me a better man and the best in my next relationship? He just doesn't want me and my heart is yet to accept that.
I'm going to take your post serious for a few minutes because honestly, I think you're just catching cruise.

Regarding the bold text, that's the MO of a guy who is dating/sleeping with another chic.

I shouldn't be exposing this format on a public forum and spoiling work for my brothers-in-arms grin but do your investigation... Your bobo is already involved with someone else and the excitement of that new fling is making him confused.

If you're lucky, he'll get over the excitement quickly and remember you...might even come back begging.
But if you're unlucky, you will see his wedding invitation on FB within the next 6months.

8 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Oliviajones(f): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2021
crackhaus:

I'm going to take your post serious for a few minutes because honestly, I think you're just catching cruise.

Regarding the bold text, that's the MO of a guy who is dating/sleeping with another chic.

I shouldn't be exposing this format on a public forum and spoiling work for my brothers-in-arms grin but do your investigation... Your bobo is already involved with someone else and the excitement of that new fling is making him confused.

If you're lucky, he'll get over the excitement quickly and remember you...might even come back begging.
But if you're unlucky, you will see his wedding invitation on FB within the next 6months.

Why on earth would I be catching cruise on a something like this? He said he's not seeing anyone yet
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by crackhaus: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

Why on earth would I be catching cruise on a something like this? He said he's not seeing anyone yet
Wow, such innocence and naivety. cry

9 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by AutoChick4U(f): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

Go listen to "I'll Survive" by Gloria Gaynor abeg. And better give yourself respect and cut him off totally and stop feeding his ego

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Xxx123xxx(m): 4:28pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

Reality stares yet you chose your fantasies . Nobody is responsible for your well being here but you. suck it up He's dumped your ass put your sh#t together
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by olugabbie(m): 4:43pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

You need to let him go. That can only be done if you stop talking to him. I know that you are scared of loosing him. But trust me, nothing will happen if you loose him. You will be fine. Admit that he is no longer yours. Put your energy, hearth, body & soul into something else (may be something u neva get tired of doing). You will be amazed how quickly u will forget him.

I wish you goodluck.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by victoryukpong(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2021
dear Oliviajones just don't get stressed about it, if he says so, that he isn't seeing someone else, even though I'm tempted to ask your age but that aside

yeah, i have been in a situation like that, and i was the guy in your picture, but rather my GF didn't try to ask me back because she knew what she did really broke my heart

now the most crucial question is what led to the break up
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 6:00pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:
That's good.

bruuuh grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2021
Kriss216:

Be stingy with sex

She's a Nigerian girl. What else will she be offering the guy? Long life
bruuh again cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by dingbang(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

you messed up thats why he ditched out.

I am glad you have accepted your flaws. Starting a new rship afresh can be so difficult these days. Just let him be.. He will come by later and you two will continue.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Angelacruz: 6:15pm On Jun 27, 2021
Believe me u will get over it...
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by JONSYN7154: 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

You didn't tell us why he breakup with you. What's your offence that he can't forgive you? Am so sure the offense is serious.

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Winneygirl(f): 6:25pm On Jun 27, 2021
When I was going through a heartbreak, I couldn't understand why we weren't on the same page. I stumbled on the song
'If the world was ending': JP Saxe & Julia Michaels.
It really helped me put things in perspective.
It's important to have someone looking out for you, and I couldn't count on him to do that. It put things in perspective for me and I moved on.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Vireani79: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
Oliviajones:

He has money ba grin
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Patozorinzo: 7:38pm On Jun 27, 2021
This trend just dey make me laugh. I know of two girls currently in this your shoe and the truth is, if i were either of the guys, i would do the same thing. (This has nothing to do with redpill or simp).

Some people here are quick to blame the guy or call him names but the truth is he has his reasons which we must all respect. (no guy would love to be in a toxic relationship)

Thank Goodness, you comfirmed him as a good guy. (btw i knew that even before you said it)

My two cent: work on yourself especially your flaw, and quit chasing him. Try and improve in the areas of your life that needs improvement.
Wish you well in your next relationship (because this one don go)
You might find someone better than him but i'm 100% sure he has already found someone better than you.
Peace

3 Likes

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by Patozorinzo: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
crackhaus:

Baba don move on. She should do likewise

1 Like

Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by mutter(f): 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2021
The sad truth is that he has already moved on.
You need to start a serious love affair with yourself. Love yourself more and understand how valuable and worthy of love you are.
The man that will love and appreciate you is on his way.
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by wunmi590(m): 8:18pm On Jun 27, 2021
JovialJune:
Op is obviously a novice in the relationship game, if she isn't aforementioned, she wouldn't make herself 100% involved with the guy, she would have shrugged the breakup off as nothing and move the fvck on,

Op pele.

Honestly, it might not be easy the way you think it, when some people love they love whole heartedly, not all Nigerian girls are hoes and money monger as some people see them....

We the way the OP is vexing, believe me, she has made her plan to fully settle down with the man...

I have been in a similar situation that it took me 2years before I was able to get over it, before I was able to see another person when we courted for more than 15years and now married with a lovely daughter...

My sister, love is sweet when you are with the right person, it will always do you as if you have been caged.

@oliviajones, please just take things easy, you will surely overcome, go to work, mingle with people and forget ever having anything to do with him for now..

I wish you best of luck
Re: I'm Going Through A Terrible Breakup. Please Advise. by RightToReject(m): 8:56pm On Jun 27, 2021
At this juncture, you should be more concerned about conquering your flaws to avoid experiencing the same fate again in case you get lucky to have another man of his caliber in your life who's sincerely willing to have you for a keep again.

I wager the reason why you feel wreck like this is because you know he did love you for real and was ready to risk it all for you despite your flaws, and of course, you were into him too; you were praying and hoping that he stayed committed to you forever, but due to delusions of grandeur and fickle side distractions you were getting from both sycophants and frenemies, you overestimated your importance, failed to listen when he was calling you to order to retrace your steps because you're so delusionally convinced that you had him in your kitty permanently and that he wasn't going to leave you no matter what.

The best thing you'll do for yourself today is reaching a resolution that you're going to be a source of peace of mind, positive energy, and goodness in general to any new responsible man that might come into your life and live it in words and actions.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With A Jealous Hubby? / Mothers Please Talk To Me. / Men Plis Stop This Its Embarassing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.