Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (31118 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by CovenHighPriest: 9:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
Emary:
The tribalism on Nairaland equates with racism. Why can't you guys establish a separate thread extolling the Yorubas or Ijaw instead of derailing this one? You should be ashamed of yourselves, please.

As in eeh the hate is too much

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 9:23pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
There wasn’t anything called photograph in ancient times. grin Did you know that?

And where did you get the idea from that Nupe is Yoruba? cheesy

I can only imagine how soaked in tears you are right now now. cheesy

Since your problem have now been reduced to English disability, I will quote Frobenius’ actual words again, and then dumb down the English for you:

Leaving out of account for the moment a few particular compounds, altogether exceptional in their character, held by princelings in Nupé, it may, I think, be said that no province in the western half of Africa can show finer lines in its general architecture than Yoruba.

~ L. Frobenius, “Voice of Africa,” page 153

To dumb down this foregoing BiG gRaMmEr for you, L. Frobenius is saying that:

Only a few Nupé compounds are magnificent.

If we set aside these few Nupé compounds, only the Yorubas (of all the peoples in the west of Africa) have better architecture than the Nupé

Let that sink in for a second, before you let the tears out. cheesy

Perhaps ancient structures which survived to the present-day because they were stone-built, rather adobe-built.

You’re clearly a dunce.

The images attached by your brother are buildings photographed in the mid/late-1900s. [See the 1st attachment below].

Does your brain NOT tell you there are no photographs in ancient times?

Does your brain NOT tell you that a structure built of adobe or wood from ancient times can not survive up to the 1900s — to have been captured by photograph?

In fact, you should be ashamed for the Igbo race that those are the best buildings that ndi Igbos can boast of from the mid/late-1900s.

If I show you the best Yoruba structures from the same period as your brother’s best Igbo structures, i.e. from the mid/late 1900s, you will weep for the Igbo race.

Anyways, I will show it to you so you can weep. See attached. (2nd and 3rd attachments).

Cheers!
Cc: theFilmtric

See me see this Nama o

No picture in ancient time?Oya show me ruins na..Great wall of Bini ruins still dey till today.well documented in pictures.

We have seen ancient pyramids and houses built by semi clad nubians in pictures,Old and new pictures and Some still exist till today.

We have seen Mosques and houses built by the dogons in pictures and some still exist till today.

Old igbo houses are in pictures.

Why una own come dey exceptional..Abi na only una see wetin una build.Hahaha cheesy

Show us let's see the magnificent architecture and compare it with others..lols

U dey show me quote of one white man wey I no know without proof to back wetin im talk.

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 9:37pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
[s]See me see this Nama o

No picture in ancient time?Oya show me ruins na..Great wall of Bini ruins still dey till today.well documented in pictures.

We have seen ancient pyramids and houses built by semi clad nubians in pictures,Old and new pictures and Some still exist till today.

We have seen Mosques and houses built by the dogons in pictures and some still exist till today.

Old igbo houses are in pictures.

Why una own come dey exceptional..Abi na only una see wetin una build.Hahaha cheesy

Show us let's see the magnificent architecture and compare it with others..lols

U dey show me quote of one white man wey I no know without proof to back wetin im talk.[/s]
If not for the fact that you type faster than you think, you would have read what I typed and seen the images I attached. cheesy

You would have realized how the mid/late-1900s Igbo structures attached by your brother is a huge disgrace on ndi-Igbo.

Now go back to my attachment and take a look at the mid/late-1900s Yoruba structures and come back here to tell me if you won’t drown in tears for ndi-Igbo.

(1) Show me an image of the ruin of Benin walls, the only wall ruin that I’m aware of in southern Nigeria is the Sungbo’s Eredo in Ijebu land.

Don’t show me a Google image of Sungbo’s Eredo and then claim it is the ruins of Benin walls. But this is by the ways.

(2) Pyramids from ancient times are built of stones. You didn’t know that, or do you?

Also ancient mosques are religious structures some of which are intentionally preserved with over time renovations, rebuilding, etc.

Also, some Europeans today take naked pictures. What does that mean? That the present western society have not yet come fully to the knowledge of cloths. This is a retarded position to hold.

(3) What you call old Igbo pictures (as attached by your brother) are photographs of Igbo structures (built of clay/wood) taken in the mid-late-1900s.

The photographs of Yoruba structures from that same period (i.e. mid-late-1900s) put all the hamlet in your brother’s attachment to full blown and complete shame.

(4) The “wHiTe mAn” travelled through west Africa and came to document his observation.

Oh, or do you mean to say that he is mArGiNaLiZiNg Igbo people?? LMAO! grin

You are a disgrace.

Cheers!
———————
PS:
For the sake of summary and helping your amnesia, the following are the indices of Yoruba civilization which I had touched on:

(A) The best architectural feat found in the West of Africa.

(B) The best classical artworks (in diverse media) from sub-Saharan Africa.

(C) The knowledge and use of textile/clothing since the classical/ancient times.

(D) The knowledge/presence of street paving in Ife (and other parts of Yorubaland) over 1,000 years ago.

(E) The innovation of a social-order based on a self-evolved government system now known as monarchy.

Among several others, such as writing (as evidenced on the ancient Oranmiyan obelisk); the best bow-men in Africa (as noted by Clapperton’s team); shiny walls (in relation to which the best from Benin could not come close in comparison, as may be seen in H.L. Roth); etc.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by CovenHighPriest: 9:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
(1) If not for the fact that you type faster than you think, you would have read what I typed and seen the images I attached. cheesy

You would have realized how the mid/late-1900s Igbo structures attached by your brother is a huge disgrace on ndi-Igbo.

Now go back to my attachment and take a look at the mid/late-1900s Yoruba structures and come back here to tell me if you won’t drown in tears for ndi-Igbo.

Show me an image of the ruin of Benin walls, the only wall ruin that I’m aware of in southern Nigeria is the Eredo in Ijebu land.

Cheers!

Create a thread to celebrate Yoruba's ancient civilization, do not help in derailing this one.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
(1) If not for the fact that you type faster than you think, you would have read what I typed and seen the images I attached. cheesy

Show me an image of the ruin of Benin walls, the only wall ruin that I’m aware of in southern Nigeria is the Eredo in Ijebu land.

Cheers!

Hahahaha

So u went online to dig out this stuff.

U must be slow in reasoning...Is that not zinc roof and cement wall i am seeing there shocked introduced to Africans by Europeans.
Olodo rapata

Show ancient building im go dey show me recent building.

Oh I don forget Yoruba's invented zinc roof before kahl friedrich schincel. Hahahaha

U nor get talk abeg..u just fully exposed ur dumbness

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 9:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
CovenHighPriest:
Create a thread to celebrate Yoruba's ancient civilization, do not help in derailing this one.
If you had taken the time to trace back my comment on this thread to its beginning, you would have noticed that I am responding to the aspect which specifically mentioned Yoruba.

Had your brother(s) not mentioned Yoruba (and simply lied continuously about Igbo and Igbo only), then I would have left you all to do as you please.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 9:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
If you had taken the time to trace back my comment on this thread to its beginning, you would have noticed that I am responding to the aspect which specifically mentioned Yoruba.

Had your brother(s) not mentioned Yoruba (and simply lied continuously about Igbo and Igbo only), then I would have left you all to do as you please.

If u no show me una magnificent ancient building Ogun go punish u..I dey wait u

Abi u wan go dig out one skyscraper picture?Hahahaha cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by CovenHighPriest: 10:03pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:

I know, some monikers claiming Igbo are not actually Igbo. Others that are Igbo but choose to mention other tribes in an uncivil manner and not meaningfully contributing to the thread nor choosing to learn from it don't deserve a response.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KAHBOOM: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
If not for the fact that you type faster than you think, you would have read what I typed and seen the images I attached. cheesy

(1) Show me an image of the ruin of Benin walls, the only wall ruin that I’m aware of in southern Nigeria is the Sungbo’s Eredo in Ijebu land.

Don’t show me a Google image of Sungbo’s Eredo and then claim it is the ruins of Benin walls. But this is by the ways.

(2) Pyramids from ancient times are built of stones. You didn’t know that, or do you?

Also ancient mosques are religious structures some of which are intentionally preserved with over time renovations, rebuilding, etc.

Also, some Europeans today take naked pictures. What does that mean? That the present western society have not yet come fully to the knowledge of cloths. This is a retarded position to hold.

(3) What you call old Igbo pictures (as attached by your brother) are photographs of Igbo structures (built of clay/wood) taken in the mid-late-1900s.

The photographs of Yoruba structures from that same period (i.e. mid-late-1900s) put all the hamlet in your brother’s attachment to full blown and complete shame.

You are a disgrace.

Cheers!
———————
PS:
For the sake of summary and helping your amnesia, the following are the indices of Yoruba civilization which I had touched on:

(C) The knowledge and use of textile/clothing since the classical/ancient times.

(D) The knowledge/presence of street paving in Ife (and other parts of Yorubaland) over 1,000 years ago.

(E) The innovation of a social-order based on a self-evolved government system now known as monarchy.

Among several others, such as writing (as evidenced on the ancient Oranmiyan obelisk); the best bow-men in Africa (as noted by Clapperton’s team); shiny walls (in relation to which the best from Benin could not come close in comparison, as may be seen in H.L. Roth); etc.

Guy don't u have shame.

People are hitting u right,left center with hard fact and u are repeating the same tin over and over

U bragged that u have the best ancient structures in west africa he told u to back ur claim up with pictures..U came up with a recent picture of 1950s and 60s.
Abi don't u know the meaning of ancient

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:18pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
Hahahaha

So u went online to dig out this stuff.
Dig? Lol.

These are basic stuffs. You are clearly meeting me for the first time.

U must be slow in reasoning...Is that not zinc roof and cement wall i am seeing there shocked introduced to Africans by Europeans.
Olodo rapata
This proves my point again. cheesy

In the mid/late-1900s when those materials were already available, Igbos were still stuck with mud, stick and leaf for shelter.

Mid/late-1900s!! shocked What a shame on the Igbo race!!

Show ancient building im go dey show me recent building.
IF you show me an ancient Igbo building, I will do the same.

You can’t provide me with photographs of best Igbo structures from the 1900s, and then request in the same breath that I provide you with photographs of the best Yoruba structures from the 1800s.

Does that even make sense to you?

What you call ancient Igbo buildings are from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the first two attachments)

While what you call recent Yoruba buildings are also from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the last two attachments).

The same period, yet one looks feeble and uninspiring; while the other looks modern and recent.

That’s the whole point I was making. Thanks for making my point. cheesy

Oh I don forget Yoruba's invented zinc roof before kahl friedrich schincel. Hahahaha

U nor get talk abeg
No, we didn’t invent zinc. I was embarrassing you with the gap between Yoruba and Igbos during the same period.

Your best Igbo structures (attached by your brother) were from the 1900s.

I also attached our Yoruba structures also from the 1900s (the same period) just to highlight the gap.

If you request photograph of best Yoruba structures from the 1800s, then you must provide photographs of best Igbo structures also from the 1800s.

You can’t provide Igbo-1900s, and expect Yoruba-1800s for comparison.

To request such double standard is to be admitting already that the Yorubas are superior to your people.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by BOOZELEE: 10:21pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
(1) Binis more civilized than the Yorubas abi what did I just read? Lol. grin

You finally gave yourself away as a stark ignoramus. I empathize with you.

Anyways, I’d indulge you that you should help your own empty claim by naming one thing in which Bini was “mOrE CiViLiZeD” than Yorubas (or even remotely close to the Yorubas in civilization).

For each aspect of “civilization” you name (and prove) supposedly in favour of Binis over Yorubas, I would reply you with education — free of charge.

(2) Listen, there is a huge and massive difference between the following two things:

(A) A group of people among whom some chose to sometimes go about unclad despite living in a society which has come to the discovery of clothing, or widespread use of clothing.

(B) A group of people who have not yet evolved to the point of wearing clothes at all, or wearing it on a normal widespread scale.

The first instance here relates to the ancient Indian & ancient Egyptian examples you all cited.

The second instance here relates to the classical Igbo & classical Benin examples — at a period of time when their Yoruba counterparts have long evolved to the point of having come up with textile and clothing.

—————-
In fact, one of the images attached by one of your own earlier on this thread shows a clothed person amidst the unclothed ladies. [See attached]

In sum, the knowledge of clothing is a classical index of civilization no matter how uncomfortable your unclothed history makes you feel. Get a grip.

Its like u argue for fun..why is the bronze statue on ur dp not on agbada
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:22pm On Jun 29, 2021
KAHBOOM:
[s]Guy don't u have shame.

People are hitting u right,left center with hard fact and u are repeating the same tin over and over

U bragged that u have the best ancient structures in west africa he told u to back ur claim up with pictures..U came up with a recent picture of 1950s and 60s.
Abi don't u know the meaning of ancient[/s]
The pictures he attached are from the mid/late 1900s.

While those I attached are from the early/late 1900s.

It is not my fault that your best structures (from the 1900s) looks feeble and uninspiring.

Your people were stuck with muds, sticks, and leaves even in as recent as the 1900s.

Yet you want to compare with those who are way ahead of you during the same period.

Show me a photograph of an Igbo structure from the ancient times.

Well, there are no photos in ancient times anyways.

Refer to my last comment for more details.

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:26pm On Jun 29, 2021
CovenHighPriest:
I know, some monikers claiming Igbo are not actually Igbo. Others that are Igbo but choose to mention other tribes in an uncivil manner and not meaningfully contributing to the thread nor choosing to learn from it don't deserve a response.
Well, whether the guy who mentioned Yoruba is truly Igbo or not, I would always jump in to debunk falsehood on Yoruba history as I please anytime I perceive one.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by siofra(f): 10:27pm On Jun 29, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Whatever name and abuse that makes you happy and sleep well at night grin

Don't think i will follow you down your road.

I gat no time to be exchanging words online with an unknown person that lives in Etta Agbo grin
How did you know?
I school there though I don't live there
I live at state housing.
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
If u no show me una magnificent ancient building Ogun go punish u..I dey wait u

Abi u wan go dig out one skyscraper picture?Hahahaha cheesy
You showed me the best photos of Igbo structures from the mid/late 1900s.

I showed you the best photos of Yoruba structures from the early/mid 1900s.

It is not my fault that ours from the same period are more magnificent.

IF you show me a “photograph” of an “ancient” Igbo building (if that’s even possible), then I also will show you a “photograph” of an “ancient” Yoruba structure.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2021
BOOZELEE:
Its like u argue for fun..why is the bronze statue on ur dp not on agbada
It doesn’t depict agbada because it dates to circa 700 to 1000 years ago.

That was a period of our history and evolution when we are yet come to the use of agbada.

In fact, we will still come to the use of other clothing forms in the future in the course of our evolution.

Cultures aren’t static, cultures are dynamic. I hope this is not too dense for you to comprehend.

Cheers!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 29, 2021
siofra:

How did you know?
I school there though I don't live there
I live at state housing.

You don't have to know grin grin grin
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 10:59pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
Dig? Lol.

These are basic stuffs. You are clearly meeting me for the first time.

This proves my point again. cheesy

In the mid/late-1900s when those materials were already available, Igbos were still stuck with mud, stick and leaf for shelter.

Mid/late-1900s!! shocked What a shame on the Igbo race!!

IF you show me an ancient Igbo building, I will do the same.

You can’t provide me with photographs of best Igbo structures from the 1900s, and the request in the same breath that I provide you with photographs of the best Yoruba structures from the 1800s.

Does that even make sense to you?

What you call ancient Igbo buildings are from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the first two attachments)

While what you call recent Yoruba buildings are also from photos taken in the mid/late-1900s. (See the last two attachments).

The same period, yet one looks feeble and uninspiring; while the other looks modern and recent.

That’s the whole point I was making. Thanks for making my point. cheesy

No, we’re didn’t invent zinc. I was embarrassing you with the gap between Yoruba and Igbos during the same period.

Your best Igbo structures (attached by your brother) were from the 1900s.

I also attached our Yoruba structures also from the 1900s (the same period) just to highlight the gap.

If you request photograph of best Yoruba structures from the 1800s, then you must provide photographs of best Igbo structures also from the 1800s.

You can’t provide Igbo-1900s, and expect Yoruba-1800s for comparison.

To request such double standard is to be admitting already that the Yorubas are superior to your people.

Cheers!

U still dey qoute me?

The op showed u pictures already so no need to start digging up pictures. He showed u ancient and new pics..If u observe the pics closely u will notice that some recent structures were built with zinc roof..Zinc roof wey u dey use chest beat say na only Yoruba's get access to.Smh for u

U are chest beating that u guys have the best ancient architectural design in west Africa I said u should show me pics u go carry 60s pics come here dey bang ur chest.

I am talking ancient u are talking 60s.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:02pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
[s]U still dey qoute me?

The op showed u pictures already so no need to start digging up pictures. He showed u ancient and new pics..If u observe the pics closely u will notice that some recent structures were built with zinc roof..Zinc roof wey u dey use chest beat say na only Yoruba's get access to.Smh for u

U are chest beating that u guys have the best ancient architectural design in west Africa I said u should show me pics u go carry 60s pics come here dey bang ur chest.

I am talking ancient u are talking 60s.[/s]

Your brother showed us your best Igbo structures from the mid and late 1900s — e.g. 1952 and 1973.

I countered it with the best Yoruba structures from the early and late 1900s — e.g. 1949 and 1964.

Yet you’re blaming us for being more advanced than Igbos during the same period — i.e. the 1900s.

Of course that’s the point I’m making. Are you too dumb to realize that?

Your brother didn’t present any photo of ancient Igbo building, stop deluding yourself.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:07pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
[s]U still dey qoute me?

I am talking ancient u are talking 60s.[/s]
In addition to my foregoing comment, I have already cited you the eyewitness documentation of Frobenius.

He travelled through parts of West Africa and noted that the Yoruba have the best architecture from the 1800s and early 1900s.

Cheers!

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2021

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by BOOZELEE: 11:20pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:
It doesn’t depict agbada because it dates to circa 700 to 1000 years ago.

That was a period of our history and evolution when we are yet come to the use of agbada.

In fact, we will still come to the use of other clothing forms in the future in the course of our evolution.

Cultures aren’t static, cultures are dynamic. I hope this is not too dense for you to comprehend.

Cheers!

Guy agbada and other form of dressing have been in existence 700,1000 years ago even before the 700,1000 years
So if Yoruba's were among the earliest civilization back then and if they wore dresses after the 700,1000 years that means they evolved lately and copied agbada and other form of dressing from thier neighbours.Simple

5 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2021
TAO11:

In addition to my foregoing comment, I have already cited you the eyewitness documentation of Frobenius.

He travelled through parts of West Africa and noted that the Yoruba have the best architecture from the 1800s and early 1900s.

Cheers!

Im don dey change mouth. Lols
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
Im don dey change mouth. Lols
You know what to do if you wish to be taken seriously on any claim you make.

And I think you wish to be taken seriously. So, provide evidence for the “cHaNgE mOuTh”.

You are a laughing stock.

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2021
BOOZELEE:

Guy agbada and other form of dressing have been in existence 700,1000 years ago even before the 700,1000 years
So if Yoruba's were among the earliest civilization back then and if they wore dresses after the 700,1000 years that means they evolved lately and copied agbada and other form of dressing from thier neighbours.Simple

Leave that snake abeg..he was boasting of how his tribe discovered cloth before Adam.U gave him a nice example of the unclad art work on his dp he changed mouth to 700,1000 years ago bla bla.As if dressing didn't exist before then.Clown

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TheSupleemLeada(m): 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2021
Flatin0 ngua cannibals who ran the streets naked are feeling funky... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by KAHBOOM: 11:37pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:

Leave that snake abeg..he was boasting of how his tribe discovered cloth before Adam.U gave him a nice example of the unclad art work on his dp he changed mouth to 700,1000 years ago bla bla.As if dressing didn't exist before then.Clown

See how them king tie wrapper hold palm wine horn with im bare chest like palm wine tapper.Im come here dey brag with cloth and agbada wey dem copy from northerners cheesy

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2021
BOOZELEE:
The discussion here is about agbada. So, provide me with the substantive historical evidence (not blog post) to substantiate your own claim here.

I like historical evidence, rather than mere words.

Yorubas copied agbada because they didn’t wear agbada 1,000 years ago.

What kind of reasoning is this? Wait, how old are you you? LMAO!

No! A civilization may evolve more complex forms of clothing at different stages of their cultural evolution.

In any case, the falsehood I’m debunking in this regard is that, the Yorubas borrowed this clothing from the Hausas.

The Yorubas and Hausa came to the use of agbada independent of one another.

Cheers!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6624267/how-igbos-lived-olden-days/8#103211833

ZorGBUooeh:

Leave that snake abeg..he was boasting of how his tribe discovered cloth before Adam.
I can imagine the liters of tears you shed as you typed this. LMAO!

U gave him a nice example of the unclad art work on his dp he changed mouth to 700,1000 years ago bla bla.
Did you skip basic English classes to have come to this understanding of the word “unclad”? LMAO!

Also, regarding “changed mouth” — you know what to do if you wish to be taken seriously on this.

And I think you wish to be taken seriously. So, do the needful.

In other words, provide comparative evidence of my comment in relation to which I have now “cHaNgEd mOuTh”. grin

As if dressing didn't exist before then.Clown
Yeah one thousand years ago, we tied wrappers (and evolved other styles later in the course of time).

1,000 years ago, Igbos swung n@ked from tree to tree. In fact, Igbos were still n@ked only 200 years ago.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 11:49pm On Jun 29, 2021
KAHBOOM:

See how them king tie wrapper hold palm wine horn with im bare chest like palm wine tapper.Im come here dey brag with cloth and agbada wey dem copy from northerners cheesy

Hahahahaha..Nice one

U just gave him another knockdown..which other proof does he want again cheesy

Probably the guy don go dig out sculpture of oni were im were jeans,polo and money jacket with sunglasses.So im go claim say na Yoruba's invent modern dressing. cheesy

Clown

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by ZorGBUooeh: 11:50pm On Jun 29, 2021
KAHBOOM:

Hahahahaha..Nice one

Probably the guy don go dig out sculpture of oni were im were jeans,polo and money jacket with sunglasses.So im go claim say na Yoruba's invent modern dressing. cheesy

Clown

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 11:55pm On Jun 29, 2021
ZorGBUooeh:
Hahahahaha..Nice one

Clown
Your pool of tears (veiled with dry humour) are understandably valid. cheesy

KAHBOOM:
(1) Thermoluminescence test dates that image to circa 700 — 1000 years ago. cheesy

In other words, the Yoruba have an understanding of clothing many, many centuries ago; while their Igbo counterparts were still swinging n@ked from tree to tree in as recent as 200 years ago.

(2) Agbada usage in Yorubaland didn’t date to circa 700 — 1000 years ago, and I can’t remember any Yoruba saying that.

My point have consistently been that (and I challenge you to show where I said otherwise) that the Yorubas’ agbada usage must have been at some later period in the course of our cultural evolution. I also maintain that it wasn’t borrowed from the Hausas, contrary to your brother’s false, unsubstantiated claim.

Cheers!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

PDP Presents Certificate Of Return To Ademola Adeleke (Pictures) / Buhari Bows To Pressure, Reverses Ban On 113 Oil Vessels / Why Ajimobi Pardoned Yewande Oyediran Jailed For Killing Husband – Ex Oyo AG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.