Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days (31278 Views)

Tinubu Is Modest, He Lived In 3-bedroom Abuja Apartment Before Election - Bagudu / How Igbos Stoned Awolowo In Aba — Adebanjo / The House King Jaja Of Opobo Lived In Exile In The 1880's In ST Vincent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by boyfrank: 1:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:

You’re truly a dumb-baby.

So, we must pretend that the Yoruba structure below was constructed on the day of the photograph? cheesy

I should not have to dumb it down further for you. Or do I? grin

Stop disgracing Ndi-Igbos online.

Cheers

The picture u are proud about is dated 1949, dude enugu coal power plant have been built by then, including rails running from enugu to PH. That building is western oriented.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 2:14pm On Jan 11, 2022
boyfrank:
[s]The picture u are proud about is dated 1949, dude enugu coal power plant have been built by then, including rails running from enugu to PH. That building is western oriented.[/s]
Is this the Enugu coal power plant attached below? Lol.
————
Be deceiving yourself. I guess the brown zinc roof atop your power plant below is “Igbo oriented”. cheesy

When someone is ahead of you, then they’re head of you. Stop capping.

We tapped the “western oriented” structure early. You tapped the “western oriented” structure late.

That’s the whole point.

6 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 2:43pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bkayyy:
I think I now understand what is happening here. That is the obsession of Aribisala0 with Arochukwu and the Igbo clans that make it up.

In as much as he knows nothing about it, he just imagines it to be exactly like their Oyo where foreigners are the ruling clan.

It is no news that ruling Alaafin clan is of Nupe Origin, who the Yorubas call Tapa

They sacked the Yorubas and took over the Alaafin stool since 16th century
You haven't disputed any of his facts either. You can't equate barbarism to Egalitarianism. Also,ibos never had a dynasty, the Aro doesn't belong to ibos, ibos are Interlopers in Aro.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:
You haven't disputed any of his facts either. You can't equate a barbarism to Egalitarianism. Also, never had a dynasty, the Aro doesn't belong to ibos, ibos are Interlopers in Aro.
And it’s a blatant falsehood that a certain ruling Alaafin clan is of Nupe origin.

4 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:

And it’s a blatant falsehood that a certain ruling Alaafin clan is of Nupe origin.
Of course, it was a lie. They say Dangote is ibo, I can never believe whatever comes out of the mouth of ibos.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by IGBOSON1: 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2022
We shouldn't engage these insecure, envious bastards on this thread anymore, so we can go back to posting and discussing those captivating olden days pics and traditions of Ndigbo.

Of course, when they see we're ignoring them they will use one of their impostor 'Igbo monikers' to make another inciteful post...just to give them an excuse to stay on a thread that has nothing to do with them! Just ignore them!

They don't like creating their own threads to post all these pics they're posting here, b'cos they know such threads hardly ever last beyond 2 or 3 days...so they now look for a thriving Igbo thread to piggyback on and start dick measuring with Igbos!

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Igboid: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2022
Where is the OP.
He should come and continue his good work.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:

Of course, it was a lie. They say Dangote is ibo, I can never believe whatever comes out of the mouth of ibos.
Dangote is Igbo kẹ? shocked

I died. grin

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by IGBOSON1: 3:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
IGBOSON1:
We shouldn't engage these insecure, envious bastards on this thread anymore, so we can go back to posting and discussing those captivating olden days pics and traditions of Ndigbo.

Of course, when they see we're ignoring them they will use one of their impostor 'Igbo monikers' to make another inciteful post...just to give them an excuse to stay on a thread that has nothing to do with them! Just ignore them!

They don't like creating their own threads to post all these pics they're posting here, b'cos they know such threads hardly ever last beyond 2 or 3 days...so they now look for a thriving Igbo thread to piggyback on and start dick measuring with Igbos!
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 3:50pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:

It is blatant weakness to respond to that idiotic remark . Do not be weak in dealing with any of these savages.

always decide what the conversation will be and on your own terms
See how they are dragging you all over the place talking about Dangote and Indomie
SMH

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:
Dangote is Igbo kẹ? shocked

I died. grin
Dangote was given an ibo meaning.

https://www.nairaland.com/1267208/dangote-could-igbo-why-dangote
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 3:54pm On Jan 11, 2022
aribisala0:
It is blatant weakness to respond to that idiotic remark . Do not be weak in dealing with any of these savages.

always decide what the conversation will be and on your own terms
See how they are dragging you all over the place talking about Dangote and Indomie
SMH
Dragging me talking about Dangote and Indomie??

Where?? Lol

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by aribisala0(m): 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2022
The issue here is how the Eboes lived in "olden days"
Someone s trying to paint a utopian picture.
The reality is traditional Eboe society was misogynistic and discriminatory against a "caste" of people arbitrarily designated as "OSU"
These people were treated to all kinds of dehumanizing segregation and this status was inherited and could never be undone

How then can such people claim to be egalitarian?

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:
Dangote was given an ibo meaning.

https://www.nairaland.com/1267208/dangote-could-igbo-why-dangote
Those who say that are obviously sick.

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2022
Shiver99:
Arochukwu along with other Igbo groups held a lot of sway over the niger delta in the past.

Below is an excerpt of a Kalabari chief speaking to a European traveller about their connection with Arochukwu.
Arochukwu does not belong to Ibos, ibos are Interlopers. Why do you guys keep repeating this lies.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
Shiver99:
You can honestly create a fresh new thread just on Igbo clothing alone. I am still torn on whether I should. Their patterns were amazing and the dyes that they used had been noted to last for decades

Look at the beauty...
Why have these fabrics gone extinct?.
I strongly doubt these belong to ibos.

Why have ibos abadoned these fabrics for an imported fabric called isi agu?..

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 4:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
Shiver99:

Igbo women were known for their elaborate and elegant coiffures. It was a distinct trait.
To the point that foreigners such as colonials, could easily identify Igbo women, even in diaspora settlements outside Igboland because of their hairstyles.

Some hairstyles of Igbo women
There is no existence of these hairstyles anywhere among ibos. All these couldn't have gone extinct within 46 years of colonization. They are hard to come by among Ibo women.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:06pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:

LMAO! Deluded Igbo liar. cheesy

Get ready to be disgraced for your blatant lies below.

LMAO — A big fat LIAR.

You think “date” is what you pull out from thin air?? cheesy

That your photograph of “iGbO cHiEfS” was snapped after 1971NOT in the 1950s, you fatuous liar.

Every sane person knows this because of the airplane in the background.

We didn’t have a carrier by the name “Nigeria” (indep.) until the year 1971. grin

Alaafin of Oyo in 1975???? I’m dying of laughter. cheesy

I guess you pulled out this date (i.e. 1975) from your strong dirty hairy ass.

For your information boy, that photograph was taken about a century (short some years) prior to the photo of those your “iGbO cHiEfS”.

Why are you a fatuous liar? cheesy

Cheers
This is exactly how ridiculous you sound.

I said "two can play at the game"

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:
Is this the Enugu coal power plant attached below? Lol.
————
Be deceiving yourself. I guess the brown zinc roof atop your power plant below is “Igbo oriented”. cheesy

When someone is ahead of you, then they’re head of you. Stop capping.

We tapped the “western oriented” structure early. You tapped the “western oriented” structure late.

That’s the whole point.
You tapped because you worth Nothing.
See your Alaafin posing for a shot in 1975

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:

Why have these fabrics gone extinct?.
I strongly doubt these belong to ibos.

Why have ibos abadoned these fabrics for an imported fabric called isi agu?..
Ndigbo are like aliens to you black savages. Their accomplishments are mere wishes for you lots.
Take a look at the fabrics in action

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 9:24pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bkayyy:

Ndigbo are like aliens to you black savages. Their accomplishments are mere wishes for you lots.
Take a look at the fabrics in action
Still showing images of Colonial era. Where are the fabrics now?

Why is the other woman seated in leg shackles, probably a sex slave to some British serfs.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:

Still showing images of Colonial era. Where are the fabrics now?

Why is the other woman seated in leg shackles, probably a sex slave to some British serfs.
LOL. Here comes the interpretation from people with history of poverty.

Those are ivory anklets. Each worths four slaves. from history, Igbo women never stay close to poverty or dress poor and wretched like Yoruba women.

Here is a picture of when Baikie attempted to buy it during his Voyage to Nigeria with Ajayi Crowther.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Putindbutt: 9:42pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bkayyy:

LOL. Here comes the interpretation from people with history of poverty.

Those are ivory. Each worths four slaves. from history, Igbo women never stay close to poverty or dress poor and wretched like Yoruba women.

Here is a picture of when Baikie attempted to buy it during his Voyage to Nigeria with Ajayi Crowther.
1. The leg cuffs wasn't an ivory.

2. Those who were given leg Ivory were identified as sex slaves to the whites. Ibo men were slaves commodity as much as their women as sex palliatives.

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:44pm On Jan 11, 2022
Putindbutt:

1. The leg cuffs wasn't an ivory.

2. Those who were given leg Ivory were identified as sex slaves to the whites. Ibo men were slaves commodity as much as their women as sex palliatives.
No need to tell your history and substitute the name of your tribe with Igbo.

We all know Ijaw history

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 9:46pm On Jan 11, 2022
Thanks to social media, we now have people with a history of poverty like Yorubas and cannibals without any history or civilisation at all throwing tantrums at the nation known for her wealth like Ndigbo.

Putingdbutt read how they described your Ijaw people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 10:11pm On Jan 11, 2022
Bkayyy:
[s]This is exactly how ridiculous you sound.

I said "two can play at the game"[/s]
You lied. And I got you disgraced for it.

How you’re happy being disgraced is beyond me.

Or is it an Igbo thing? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2022
TAO11:
You lied. And I got you disgraced for it.

How you’re happy being disgraced is beyond me. grin
Lol. They say the hardest thing for fools is recognising their stupidity.

This was exactly how you sounded when I emptied the long lies of Oyo calvary in your presence at your thread. Maybe you just recovered from it.

1 Like

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Detuner: 10:22pm On Jan 11, 2022
Donmobi:

Perhaps you guys had aesthetic buildings then...
But what I see here are Arab influenced murals
Next time do bring something more indigenous to your people.
We also would like to learn.

Arab Murals Indeed grin

FYI, Ancient cities in the Sahel North and in other parts of Southern Nigeria (Oyo, benin etc) are still there for everyone to see. The only ethnic group with something to proof is yours, cos they have nothing of such, Beside being sold as slaves by all other tribes, its still debatable whether Igbo had a civilization when the white man found you. See early nineties photo of Igbo warriors, looking like hunters and gatherers grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Bkayyy: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2022
Detuner:

Arab Murals Indeed grin

FYI, Ancient cities in the Sahel North and in other parts of Southern Nigeria (Oyo, benin etc) are still there for everyone to see. The only ethnic group with something to proof is yours, cos they have nothing of such, Beside being sold as slaves by all other tribes, its still debatable whether Igbo had a civilization when the white man found you. See early nineties photo of Igbo warriors, looking like hunters and gatherers grin

LOL. If I am not mistaking, the entire Hausa land was divided into two and enslaved.
Would you mind telling us how you address the Emir?

If shame will allow you.

We know all of your history

2 Likes

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by Donmobi(m): 11:04pm On Jan 11, 2022
Detuner:

Arab Murals Indeed grin

Bravo!
I guess those Igbo warriors consisted of a more adolescent bunch.
Brave!!

Back to you Friend,
[]wow! Just look at those colours on those your warriors, amazing and enlightening, I've really learnt something today, perhaps you should maybe......
Create a thread on this
wink
[]

One question though, why are there so much bright colours on their warrior dressings?, don't you think it would play them a big disadvantages in warfare especially in areas were blending and camouflage are crucial?
Don't you think bright colours make them easy targets?
Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 12:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Warning to Bkayy:
You will need your brain this time around.

Bkayyy:
You tapped because you worth Nothing
Those who key-in to strides in the global space are worthless?? Lol.

Is that what I’m hearing?? grin What inferiority complex
can not do to ndi-Igbos does not exist. LMAO grin

Well, sorry to shatter your ass as I’m about to do:
Ndi-Igbos also keyed-in to trends in the global space-just that they were slow/late to the party.

For example, your ancestors built a “coal power plant” (LMAO) attached in the 1st screenshot below. grin /s

The brown zinc-roofing of this Igbo “coal power plant” was a global trend which the Igbos also keyed into.

Will you then be bold/consistent enough to inform us about how worthless your fore-dads/moms are?

See your Alaafin posing for a shot in 1975
Yes that’s the Alaafin Adeyemi-1 Alowolodu.

Yes, he is fully & richly robed in a silk attire as it befits his royal majesty.

Do Igbo Ezes/Igwes pose naked for photoshoots? Just curious. wink

Lastly, that photograph was taken in c.1903NOT 1975, you degenerate nincompoop. grin
————

Having exposed you for the insanely moronic liar that you are, take a look at the Yorùbá home in the second screenshot below.

Yes, it is the famous Ẹbun House (aka. Pẹtẹsi Anduru) owned by a Yorùbá man, viz. Bode Thomas’ father.

Yes it was designed and constructed by a Yorùbá man. Yes, the Yoruba architect is: Herbert Macaulay.

The structure was completed by 1913.

There are more in stock.

Die in your jealousy.

Watch out. cheesy

Cheers kiss

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Igbos Lived In The Olden Days by TAO11(f): 12:27am On Jan 12, 2022
Bkayyy:
Lol. They say the hardest thing for fools is recognising their stupidity.
You mean I should forgive your foolishness/stupidity??

Okay I forgive your foolishness and stupidity. Done? cheesy

This was exactly how you sounded when I emptied the long lies of Oyo calvary in your presence at your thread. Maybe you just recovered from it.
I’m ROTFL. grin cheesy

You mean that thread where everyone literally gang-r@ped you and made you a laughing stock?? cheesy

You were so humiliated that you had no a choice than to flee quietly.

Below is the link to where I hammered the final nail into your coffin in that thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6780162/there-really-oyo-empire/2#106349518

Looks familiar, or still partially amnesiac?

Haha

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Top 10 States That Borrowed From The CBN To Pay Salaries In Nigeria / Wonderful Picture Of President Buhari / Police Withdraw Tompolo’s Security Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.