Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? (23423 Views)

Bank Cleaner In Ondo Or Cook With House Help In Abuja. / Bank Cleaner Job Or A Guest House Job: Which Is Better / Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2021
chimex38:

And ur username is an F word.. Happy moulding undecided
That moniker, happened to be when I haven’t started teaching, it’s embarrassing but I can’t change it.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2021
My advice is you go for the teaching job, it will build you up intellectually in a way. You can as well make money through home lessons especially in schools with rich kids and you have a higher chance of landing a home lesson if you are teaching in the primary section.

I don't fancy any job that requires only physical strength and doesn't challenge me intellectually.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by majamajic(m): 10:03am On Jul 03, 2021
redcliff:

tips from who. she dey do waiter job there too?

In Nigeria banks , cleaners do combine as Messengers , u go buy food , biscuits and mineral tire

So bankers do leave change for them , go to mama put around bank areas , na bank cleaners u go see with loads of plates , if them send u rice 200 , u cut it 150 and beg the rice woman to add jara , that Jara go make it look 200 , plus tips

3 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Cousin9999: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2021
People telling you not to take the teaching job must be trolls.

Look, some jobs are a total waste of your time and may even ruin your career. Avoid a job that doesn't pay you enough to save or invest in anything, doesn't develop your existing skills, doesn't allow you to acquire new skills, doesn't allow you to network with people who can benefit you, and has no opportunities for advancement. Teaching is not a waste.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by zolajpower: 10:03am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

work is work, we cant just sit at home doing nothing, half bread they say is better than none.
some none bread re better than some half bread . I was in your shoes dear before God sent this angel to me . Now I'm a business , I deal in new and fairly used clothing from the USA.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2021
Joysticks:
Is that the topic of discussion?What have you achieve with your good typing in English? Who has English even EPP kwanu?
help me ask him.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Sheriman(m): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2021
Nigeria environment will frustrate Graduate till she or he will now resort to what the person can't even do before going to school because now what is important to him or her is just to survive.
Graduate have turn to kidnappers, Armed robbery and Bandits
Graduate are into cripto currency trading and forex. Some have hit jackpot while some have totally rekt.
Graduate are cleaners, washing poo in some big hotels in Lagos and Abuja
Graduate have turn to taxi drivers ( bolt driver) all na taxi drivers.

Some take 10K a month teaching job in those mushrooms private schools
Graduate are riding okada
Graduate are doing car wash
Graduate are into Yahoo Yahoo
Graduate are into olosho
Graduate are now into referral jobs looking for people to refer before earning
Graduate are driving trucks and trailers
Graduate are into laundry work but some have packaged it. What many can't do and think it is a poor man's work when they were in secondary School
Some Graduate have turn to farmers now going to farm
Graduate have turn to POS agent in every streets and corners
Graduate are now selling data on WhatsApp looking for people to buy
Some don't have work just roaming around the street.
Nigeria is worse!!
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:07am On Jul 03, 2021
zolajpower:

some none bread re better than some half bread . I was in your shoes dear before God sent this angel to me . Now I'm a business , I deal in new and fairly used clothing from the USA.
i dont mind if you could link me up.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by seyz91(m): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2021
And who told you there are jobs in this country

Why giving false hope?

Do you even know the number or percentage of unemployed people in Nigeria? I doubt that cuz if you did you wouldn't be telling someone that there are jobs in this country

undecided undecided

Mtchewwww!
LikeAking:
Cleaning, from dia u will get a bank job.

Just learn how to run things.

You might also sacrifice that tin btw ur legs, but the reward may be worth it.

Still apply for jobs, their are jobs in the country.

DONT SETTLE FOR LESS

Good luck.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by seyz91(m): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2021
Don't mind the idiot, probably he is still living under his parent's roof and they are still feeding him

By the time he gets to independent stage he will understand life better

We now understand why our uncles back then don't pick our calls

Dem no dey tell person

Na time be eye opener
omolola100:

it is your father that is unemployable, i am only seeking for advice here and you are insulting me, dont you have elder sisters at home? I strongly believe you are just writing your JAMB.
i am typing like an illiterate, thank you sir mr lecturer
when you start facing problem in the future, you will start blaming your village people.
this your big mouth will put you in trouble one day...continue...IDIOT.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by OHIGGI: 10:16am On Jul 03, 2021
my dear i will advice you to go for teaching job, the stress with transport and insult is more than the salary as a cleaner, if you are not a graduate it would have been better, in Nigeria cleaner and security are the worst work to do, am a graduate of college of education but am doing security work i know the insult i recerve everyday am planing to go into teaching
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by benzion72(m): 10:17am On Jul 03, 2021
Go for the Bank cleaning job, not for the salary or the cleaning job. But for the contact and exposure you will have. Private school they tell story at the end of the month and Bank will give you hampers especially at festivities and if you humble yourself in the bank you will have your lunch paid for

2 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by zolajpower: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

i dont mind if you could link me up.
I will be expecting some consignment soon . Will let you know when the time comes
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by na2016: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2021
OP: I will say teaching but you have not given many details about it. What if this teaching job entails you working for many classes in the senior secondary level with practicals, I will say don't take it. Both of these poorly paid can be really demanding.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by styles2009: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

it is your father that is unemployable, i am only seeking for advice here and you are insulting me, dont you have elder sisters at home? I strongly believe you are just writing your JAMB.
i am typing like an illiterate, thank you sir mr lecturer
when you start facing problem in the future, you will start blaming your village people.
this your big mouth will put you in trouble one day...continue...IDIOT.

You might have just pissed off loads of Employers willing to help you or give you advice/network.
At times just overlook the online insult and focus.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by GodisFirst: 10:20am On Jul 03, 2021
Go for teaching job if you don't have any other option. It will add to you career advancement in your CV.
While you are at it, try other ventures after school like private lessons, hair dressing, make up artist, etc. but don't let that be your final bust stop.
15 k is nothing with the current economy of this country.
I wish you luck.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by abimbola74(m): 10:20am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
Good day to all nairalanders and happy weekend to everyone out there.
After i graduated from the polytechnic, i decided to learn hair dressing and make up artist, i have just completed my service there, so i decided to pick up a job so that i can save money to get all the equipment for my freedom.
i would like to seek your opinion concerning the two jobs in front of me, firstly is the bank cleaner and the salary is 25,000 and the agent will be deducting 2k everymonth, and the transport is 200naira daily.
working hour is from 7:30am-4:30pm
The teaching job is just 15K, and the school is not far from my house, please i need your advice on which one to choose.
Take the bank job ooo cos you might be lucky to have your way to work as a contract staff(teller). Working in a private school is frustrating and you will definitely see tips while working in the bank.
I know of someone who works in a bank here as a teller, he was once a cleaner in a bank.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by kernniejay(m): 10:25am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

i have HND in public administration.
Teaching job has more dignity and respect than cleaning job. Also, as an HND graduate, which of the job would you like to have in your CV that will give you better leverage in your future career, teaching experience or cleaner experience? Think well.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by observanc1: 10:26am On Jul 03, 2021
LikeAking:

Cleaning, from dia u will get a bank job.

DONT SETTLE FOR LESS

Good luck.
@ the bolded. U think it is that easy? I know of graduates that have been cleaning banks or doing private security for banks for more than 5 years and are still there cleaning till today.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Minjim: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2021
Bank cleaner will offer a punctual salary with less stress. Expect to be taxed. And since it's contractual, you maybe laid off anytime. Moreover, it's less dignifying for a lady with HND
Teaching, apart from your salary, if it's a big school, you'll get to do home lesson or school lessons. Expect your salary to be delayed constantly. You will also get some tips from parents. You can also be sacked impromptu here if you don't distinguish yourself by bringing something extra to the table. Teaching is also a noble and skillful profession unlike cleaning

There you have it. The choice is yours
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by SilverSpoonEnt: 10:28am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

i have HND in public administration.

You have HND, and you're considering this jobs?

If you've served, then you should think high of yourself, and not with those dirty jobs.

I would have dropped my number, to help you find something better doing, but I can't, cos I don't want to seem like Ritualists, as we've heard of recent.

Just forget those jobs, and apply high. There are good jobs out there, but you need to get a good CV and start applying.

My 2 cents...

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:28am On Jul 03, 2021
redcliff:

25k for 7:30 to 4:30pm job per month? how much is the amount you are looking to save and start your business?
i am looking for 70k to start up the business.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by redsun(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2021
You are a graduate and supposedly educated, so how on earth will you ever consider cleaning for a teaching job just because of the difference of mere 10k that will end up going towards costs? Teaching will give you the opportunity to improve your skills as a graduate,impact your knowledge and give you a sense of fulfilment. Cleaning, on the other hand, is a non skilled job, exposes you to dangerous chemicals, unpleasant compliments and encounters. Knowledge is enlightenment, and enlightenment takes you forward, not backwards.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by MediMedi(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2021
Bluehill1051:
Look at a graduate typing like an illiterate. You're unemployable
Showing over sabi here and there, what do you know sef
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2021
SilverSpoonEnt:

You have HND, and you're considering this jobs?

If you've served, then you should think high of yourself, and not with those dirty jobs.

I would have dropped my number, to help you find something better doing, but I can't, cos I don't want to seem like Ritualists, as we've heard of recent.

Just forget those jobs, and apply high. There are good jobs out there, but you need to get a good CV and start applying.

My 2 cents...
i couldnt get a better job here in ekiti, whatever help you could render to me will be highly appreciated sir.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by jojothaiv(m): 10:32am On Jul 03, 2021
If it's GTB, it's a welcome development

Lest I forget, it all boils down to your take home.
Before the financial lords and motivational speakers start firing from left, right and center. I was a cleaner with GTB for a year, also a Bet9ja shop boy before I left, my take home is a bit shy of 100k. Anyway, it's all boil to our personality, environment and the salary...
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Minjim: 10:32am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

i am looking for 70k to start up the business.

Go for teaching. If it's a Nursery and Primary School, you'll make more money. Do not go to secondary schools O!
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by redcliff: 10:33am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=omolola100 post=103320253]
i am looking for 70k to start up the

what is your name
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by MediMedi(m): 10:34am On Jul 03, 2021
talk2hb1:

And You Think Cleaner Job or Primary school teaching is the way forward,
Please go add marketable skills and value to yourself.
Go to udemy and find a course related to your course of study and learn a little marketing afterwards come back in six months time to tell me if you won't get a job with better pay
Someone is looking for her freedom money to open her business you're there talking about another course.
Ur brain de ur head

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by 8MAN: 10:35am On Jul 03, 2021
Semaj77:

If you do a honest job there's honour in it whether you're a cleaner or a teacher. You can be a teacher or politician and still be dishonourable , it is not the job that brings honour to the person but the person that brings honour to the job.
I agree with your sentiment
But you should also reason along with me, I didn't mean being a cleaner is not honorable

I don't know about you. But personally I will feel more proud to tell anyone I'm a teacher than I'm a cleaner especially after graduating from Uni or Poly

If you will honestly tell me you can be Cleaner earning 23k monthly with B.Sc, then I'm willing to retract my comment with Apology

Peace
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Zico777(m): 10:37am On Jul 03, 2021
Bluehill1051:
Look at a graduate typing like an illiterate. You're unemployable
Mr Too know,can u type any better?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by kachistone: 10:38am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=LikeAking post=103310828]Cleaning, from dia u will get a bank job.

This is a shitty advice. How can you advice her to sacrifice "that thing in between ur legs?" And you still tell her not to settle for less?

Haba!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? / Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal / CDCFIB Shortlisted Candidates For NIS & NSCDC Recruitment Aptitude Test 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.