Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,796 members, 7,956,044 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:17 PM

Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? (23907 Views)

Bank Cleaner In Ondo Or Cook With House Help In Abuja. / Bank Cleaner Job Or A Guest House Job: Which Is Better / Bank Cleaner Or Petrol Attendant , Which One Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by phemmyfour: 10:39am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
Good day to all nairalanders and happy weekend to everyone out there.
After i graduated from the polytechnic, i decided to learn hair dressing and make up artist, i have just completed my service there, so i decided to pick up a job so that i can save money to get all the equipment for my freedom.
i would like to seek your opinion concerning the two jobs in front of me, firstly is the bank cleaner and the salary is 25,000 and the agent will be deducting 2k everymonth, and the transport is 200naira daily.
working hour is from 7:30am-4:30pm
The teaching job is just 15K, and the school is not far from my house, please i need your advice on which one to choose.
Teaching is a noble profession. Go for teaching
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Bahamas95(m): 10:42am On Jul 03, 2021
Please go for the teaching job, though stressful but with time you will get used to it. ....It's better than the cleaning job where you will be disrespected. Those over sabi bankers will turn you to their messenger.

Bluehill1051:
Look at a graduate typing like an illiterate. You're unemployable

2 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by yemmit90: 10:43am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
After i graduated from the polytechnic, i decided to learn hair dressing and make up artist, i have just completed my service there, so i decided to pick up a job so that i can save money to get all the equipment for my freedom.
i would like to seek your opinion concerning the two jobs in front of me, firstly is the bank cleaner and the salary is 25,000 and the agent will be deducting 2k everymonth, and the transport is 200naira daily.
The teaching job is just 15K, and the school is not far from my house, please i need your advice on which one to choose.

I will advise you to go for the cleaning job. You're educated, that is an added advantage for you to get a place in the banking sector or get a link to good offer.

I knew of two persons that were in the same situation as you years back, and they are now working in the bank.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by cayorday89(m): 10:45am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
hartoyebi38:
I will advise you to take the teaching job with the following reasons:

1. You will have enough time to work on other things after closing hours, probably having another business, like shop that someone will manage for you before you close

2. School lesson means added money

3. You can earn from private lessons

4. If you plan to further your education, teaching is the best

5. You will be a little bit respected than a cleaner, Nigerians see cleaners as shit

Listen to other people opinions as you make your decision
I have experience as a teacher and as a marketer in the bank. I will advice you go for the bank cleaning job for these reasons as against school..
- As a cleaner in the bank you resume 8am just like others and work alongside them as you have little cleaning to do in the morning as cleaning is done at the closing of the previous day and close latest 4 or 5.. For school you close 4 only to get home to write lesson note for for God knows the number of classes or subjects you will be handling
- Your salary is guaranteed unlike school which will owe you and won't pay you during holidays.
- You can always get close to the bank staffs and render your services to them on weekends and you can also be privy to marketing jobs for other branches through them. One of us marketers was a lady who worked as a cleaner in one of the branches who came highly recommended from the branch manager, who is a female boss of hers.
- Your weekends can also be used for other things as desired by you, but school you might write endless lesson notes for the coming week which must be submitted on Monday, if you get mind and don't mind your salary been deducted you can always dodge this, mine was never complete after they started mesbehaving and I reciprocated my not writing my lesson note always.
- For bank, your manner of approach to customers go a long way, as you can get up close and personal with some regular customers and of course your manner of approach and spoken ability will see you through this.
-Teaching can be stressful and emotional especially when you have to talk all day with little or no food but cleaning is not something you do Round the clock in bank and its a well organized place where everyone knows what is expected of them to be done without you shouting for them to get it done.
- You also have ample time to take a rest unlike in school where even during break you still have to monitor children's activities.
- Lastly, people who comes to the bank will ginger you daily, when you see your mate coming to withdraw and deposit what looks like your 10years salary on the daily...
But in all the decision lies with you to make and which is convenient for you... Good reasons also stated above to opt for school job...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by cayorday89(m): 10:48am On Jul 03, 2021
Bahamas95:
Please go for the teaching job, though stressful but with time you will get used to it. ....It's better than the cleaning job where you will be disrespected. Those over sabi bankers will turn you to their messenger.

Bank cleaners are not disrespected, I worked there and been to bank severally and I have never seen anyone disrespecting bank cleaners. As a teacher, I am always cool with people but most females teachers have issues with mothers of their wards and they are mostly disrespected by these mothers even when the pupil is at fault...

3 Likes

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:49am On Jul 03, 2021
zolajpower:

I will be expecting some consignment soon . Will let you know when the time comes
thank you, i hope to hear from you soon.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2021
[quote author=redcliff post=103320421][/quote] Olayiwola Emilola.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by tobatele(m): 10:53am On Jul 03, 2021
I have been there before and I think I can advise you.

Go for teaching job as it will give you time to do other things. You can arrange for lessons for your students after closing hour which will give you extra money.

You will also have enough time to practice your hairdressing job
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by MummyGreat: 10:55am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
for me I will go with the cleaning job u will be more exposed to better opportunities
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 03, 2021
talk2hb1:

And You Think Cleaner Job or Primary school teaching is the way forward,
Please go add marketable skills and value to yourself.
Go to udemy and find a course related to your course of study and learn a little marketing afterwards come back in six months time to tell me if you won't get a job with better pay

How does udemy works can someone with nutrition graduate study at udemy
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

it is your father that is unemployable, i am only seeking for advice here and you are insulting me, dont you have elder sisters at home? I strongly believe you are just writing your JAMB.
i am typing like an illiterate, thank you, sir, Mr lecturer
when you start facing problems in the future, you will start blaming your village people.
this big mouth will put you in trouble one day...continue...IDIOT.

It has already given him problem.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by oshorstan(m): 11:04am On Jul 03, 2021
It is sad when I read things like this. Our Country is bad. Both options are very poor.. how can one survive on 15K monthly? Well, I am a government teacher n I will advise u take up the tutoring job. It is an investment into the future. Teach and impact lives. Be the best, do PP n organise lessons. Pls don't do it for long.. have a target. Then save your money.. open a zenith bank Prudential account also n have a 2 year plan.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Icon2007: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2021
take the bank cleaning job, since you are polytechnic graduate bank used to employ ND holders on contract find out how you can migrate to that level and thereafter don't stop there still find out how you can become a full time staff. it has worked for others like that and it can work for you as well . ireeeee ooooo
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by solidmyk(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2021
For you to make a conclusion btw those two poor jobs even makes me wonder if you really understand the work you learned, if you're confident about your skills
Why don't you try doing Stylist for some time, home services included
Hair dressing doesn't go like that, why can't you try and offer your skills to a good makeup artist shop you learn the makeup work from them, then you get paid for your hair stylist service.

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by omolola100(f): 11:12am On Jul 03, 2021
Aforxzy:
Did you say you learnt hair dressing and make up. These are hot cakes if you are good. I will advise you look for a big saloon where you can work and save money. During this period you meet people, build relationships and network. If you very good customers will begin to call for your service and boom you are there.
Owning a business is good but networking and relationships sustains the business.

But if you still want to choose between the teaching and cleaner job. Then go for the teaching.
All the best.
thank you ma.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Pelumar(m): 11:16am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:
it's so sad cleaning job competing with teaching job, am studying biology and education seeing this post in front page am discouraged only God know my future, cleaning shouldn't be competing with teaching smh
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by mechanics(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2021
Go for the school.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2021
What experience will bank cleaning add to your cv?I will prefer teaching 15k to bank cleaning of 30k. I have been privileged to sit as an interviewer for a firm. When we see teaching in your cv it tell us alot about you.
1. It shows you have communication skills
2. It shows you have some degree of patience and endurance
3. It shows you are probably organized.
We just ask you some questions to prove our point... like tell us about yourself for 15minutes....I tell you, most people could not. If you can't tell us about yourself, what else can you tell us?

1 Like

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Basher8583: 11:21am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

What do you hope to achieve as a cleaner in a bank? Are you hoping you will see money to steal?
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by redcliff: 11:24am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

send me a message
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by solofresh(m): 11:25am On Jul 03, 2021
grin grin grin

Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by dan41(m): 11:26am On Jul 03, 2021
Was once in your shoe, my take home then was 15k as a teacher in one private School. Left the teaching job due to stress, low salary,low savings and family pro, draining of my head or would I say brain. I Later got another job of 27k, non teaching. Presently earning 40k and above. So my advice, if you are not ashamed of yourself, take on cleaning job, from there, you start relating with the staffs and customers.who knows God's plan for you.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by placeofallure(f): 11:27am On Jul 03, 2021
CharisEleos:
I'll advise you go for the bank job since you're not trying to build a career here but to save up for your biz.
At least after the deductions from the Bank salary, you'll still have something tangible to save and roll by. Its also a plus because you close early and still have time to do your side hustle.

Teaching job is not like it used to be as they now close almost 3, to 4pm. Plus you'll hardly have time for yourself because of lesson notes and other prep you have to do on a daily basis for the number of subjects the students are offering.

It's also stressful and mentally draining trying to figure out the best method to teach and impart your pupils. Not to Also forget meeting certain target set by the school for the pupils. 15k, is not worth all that stress.

God bless you. Many people who are advising OP to go for teaching job seem not to be aware of the stress attached.

I earn 6 figures as a teacher but you have to do all sorts of other things apart from being in the classroom. When they write in your appointment letter, ... You are expected to do any other duty as assigned to you....that could mean a whole lot like: Prepare kids for competitions, Act as PA to your boss at times (even when he has 2 secretaries), Plan and execute events, Take minutes at meetings, Be a recruitment personnel, Write reports on stuff, Act as chaperon many times, Serve as member of many committees, Be a purchasing officer, etc

Plus teachers don't really close that early anymore. By the time you close, you just wanna crash.

I must admit, there's private lesson to do if you have the spare time and the pay is good. But trust me, if your schedule is as jam-packed as mine, you won't have plenty spare time. 15k is sure not enough incentive to die for.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by do4luv14(m): 11:28am On Jul 03, 2021
go for the bank cleaning job,

You will be able to get clients from there,
That's if you know ya onions,
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by ensamy(m): 11:30am On Jul 03, 2021
Bank cleaner. From cleaner to bank manager.
But teacher to sack or resignation due to suffer head.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 03, 2021
placeofallure:

God bless you. Many people who are advising OP to go for teaching job seem not to be aware of the stress attached.

I earn 6 figures as a teacher but you have to do all sorts of other things apart from being in the classroom. When they write in your appointment letter, ... You are expected to do any other duty as assigned to you....that could mean a whole lot like: Prepare kids for competitions, Act as PA to your boss at times (even when he has 2 secretaries), Plan and execute events, Take minutes at meetings, Be a recruitment personnel, Write reports on stuff, Act as chaperon many times, Be a purchasing officer, etc

Plus teachers don't really close that early anymore. By the time you close, you just wanna crash.

I must admit, there's private lesson to do if you have the spare time and the pay is good. But trust me, if your schedule is as jam-packed as mine, you won't have plenty spare time. 15k is sure not enough incentive to die for.

Lol.. thanks for the detailed breakdown. I'm a part-time Teacher. so Im not caught up in all that duty crap I see the full timers bounded by.

You guys are trying, though.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Suremikky(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2021
LikeAking:

Relax!

She try.

Don't mind that negative human being..I know so many people working in top organizations who can't write that good.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Suremikky(m): 11:37am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

it is your father that is unemployable, i am only seeking for advice here and you are insulting me, dont you have elder sisters at home? I strongly believe you are just writing your JAMB.
i am typing like an illiterate, thank you sir mr lecturer
when you start facing problem in the future, you will start blaming your village people.
this your big mouth will put you in trouble one day...continue...IDIOT.

Don't mind the IDIOT,, some people are just out to make others feel miserable.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 03, 2021
DeWisedon:
Go for the bank job,not for the pay but for the exposure, you might get connected to higher offices while in the bank,even as a cleaner. You will meet new people and have new ideas on how to relate with people and if you are pretty as a lady,help might come for you from a customer who came to deposit or withdraw money that might be attracted to your beauty . You are too young to pass through teaching stress. Teaching job is static, u only get to meet same people,same pupils everyday except on a PTA meeting dat u get to meet parents and teaching job will frustrate you and make you look like an old woman unless you have passion for it... The bank job will expose you the more and you will have access to enough information and new updates while in the bank..... God will see you through IJN

Lol .. so teaching makes one age faster?? Lol.. very funny.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Offpoint1: 11:49am On Jul 03, 2021
omolola100:

i am typing like an illiterate, thank you sir mr lecturer
when you start facing problem in the future, you will start blaming your village people.
this your big mouth will put you in trouble one day...continue...IDIOT.
Stop engaging kids on Nairaland, it's like exchanging words with your younger ones and dragging yourself down to their level.
Re: Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? by Worksunlimited: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2021
Silvernus2020:
Hi,
I'll advise you go for the cleaning job, because your duties are static.

Unless you know more about the school management policies and you can cope with them, then you can consider teaching. ( cry some school can drain the hell of you, even after school period you won't be able to do much, because you'll be stressed out).

Wish you all the best.

This is not true..

Cleaners are sent to buy food and some other sub-human things..

Teaching is more respectable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / Dangote Refinery Salary Scale For Engineers / Hallmark University Massive Academic And Non-academic Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.