Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,249 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil - Religion (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil (47695 Views)

Satan Also Obeys God's Word, So There's No Reason Why You Shouldn't / The Most Mysterious Doctrine - The Trinity of The Godhead / Matter, Energy, Spirit, Holy Spirit, God,satan: How Do These Relate ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Would you like it if you and i should discuss on the two organizations that are perpetual enemies hidden from the world's view?
It's just a harmless discussion that will shed light on the other organization that's standing against JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization and those making up this Anonymous rival organization! smiley

Definitely.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:33pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

My captain okcornel
why don't you move past this since you don't have prove that is concrete

Let delve into the deeper dimension of the creator

Since you now know he is one

Let talk about his final ultimate manifestation which he said he will show us in the new heaven and new earth

Kingsley, when we delve into the meaning of those words, you’ll change mouth again and tell us it does not apply.

It’s not a fruitful discussion.

You’ve rejected the dictionary meaning of “distinct” and “person”. What’s left to discuss? undecided

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On Jul 22, 2021
Please i beg you, join me on my thread! smiley
OkCornel:

Definitely.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Kingsley, when we delve into the meaning of those words, you’ll change mouth again and tell us it does not apply.

It’s not a fruitful discussion.

You’ve rejected the dictionary meaning of “distinct” and “person”. What’s left to discuss? undecided

Since you agree we have one ultimate God

Now let talk about this thing you think is different in our doctrine

Explain your own distinct” and “person
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Please i beg you, join me on my thread! smiley

No wahala
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:40pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

No wahala

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

We also have a different understanding of what “One” means.

You believe One is a literal number.
I believe One is Unity.

We can both say “God is One”, but our interpretation is different.

That’s another thing to clear up.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:45pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

We also have a different understanding of what “One” means.

You believe One is a literal number.
I believe One is Unity.

We can both say “God is One”, but our interpretation is different.

That’s another thing to clear up.
the one am talking about is one being not three beings
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

Distinct;
recognisably different in nature from something else of a similar type.
"the patterns of spoken language are distinct from those of writing"

Dictionary meaning of Person;

Cambridge Dictionary;
a man, woman, or child:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dictionary.cambridge.org/amp/english/person

Oxford Dictionary;
a human being regarded as an individual.
"the porter was the last person to see her prior to her disappearance"

Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Distinct;

Cambridge Dictionary;
a man, woman, or child:

Oxford Dictionary;
I have never disagree with this your definition
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
the one am talking about is one being not three beings

Let’s be clear on something that might be of help.

Do you consider yourself and your brother or father to be one being, but distinct persons?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:50pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Distinct;

Cambridge Dictionary;
a man, woman, or child:

Oxford Dictionary;
the only issue that I have been explaining to you is that
God is the one who manifest in this distinct process doing it in a miraculous manner
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 2:51pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Let’s be clear on something that might be of help.

Do you consider yourself and your brother or father to be one being, but distinct persons?
God is the one who manifest in this distinct process doing it in a miraculous manner

If you disagree then explain Jesus saying if you see me you have seen the father
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
I have never disagree with this your definition

Very good. Now what you should consider as well is… if distinct means different, then the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

They are all divine in nature, United in whatever they do, but they are not the same person.

Remember, trinity is made up of three distinct persons.

Do you agree? Or disagree.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

If you disagree then explain Jesus saying if you see me you have seen the father

Jesus is the son of God, the express image of his Father. They are united in mind and purpose. What is the point in seeing the Father, when He has sent his begotten son that is on the same page with him?

It’s like expecting the Father to act differently from the Son. If He doesn’t, then what’s the point seeing him anyways?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 2:58pm On Jul 22, 2021
I’ll give you another example Kingsley, do you remember what Pharoah told Joseph when he promoted him as second in command in Egypt?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Jesus is the son of God, the express image of his Father. They are united in mind and purpose. What is the point in seeing the Father, when He has sent his begotten son that is on the same page with him?

It’s like expecting the Father to act differently from the Son. If He doesn’t, then what’s the point seeing him anyways?

Your explanation does not hold don't worry I will hit you with more continue to twist them

******'' '' '' '*********'

If you continue to disagree that it is one God

Then watch Jesus say all the words he speak is not his own but from the Father...

Lol

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works” (v. 10).

- John 14:7–10...

Twist this one let me see
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2021
Jesus say vabatim I have no authority the father in me is doing his work

How clear can this get
The Father dwell in him doing the work

Is this not telling you it one being
Wake up from pride and accept it
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:10pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
Jesus say vabatim I have no authority the father in me is doing his work

How clear can this get
The Father dwell in him doing the work

Is this not telling you it one being
Wake up from pride and accept it

Jesus is the ultimate example of living a surrendered life to the will of the Father.

Something Adam and Eve should have done consistently at the very beginning.

John 14 v 22-26. When the Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwells within you, you ought to live a surrendered life, forget about your will, and follow the will of the Father.

If Jesus did not have any will of his own, then it’s totally pointless for Satan to tempt. Or as a matter of fact, for Jesus to even be pressured to the point of “praying for the cup to pass over him” at Gethsemane.

But in those instances, you see Jesus still surrendered to the will of the Father.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:11pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:
I’ll give you another example Kingsley, do you remember what Pharoah told Joseph when he promoted him as second in command in Egypt?

Kingsnairaland, still awaiting your response to this.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Very good. Now what you should consider as well is… if distinct means different, then the Father is not the Son, the Son is not the Holy Spirit and the Holy Spirit is not the Father.

They are all divine in nature, United in whatever they do, but they are not the same person.

Remember, trinity is made up of three distinct persons.

Do you agree? Or disagree.

Kingsnairaland, I’m awaiting your reply to this as well.

Unless these three persons that make up One (United) God are not distinct. I recall you agreed to the dictionary definition of distinct.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:15pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Jesus is the ultimate example of living a surrendered life to the will of the Father.

Something Adam and Eve should have done consistently at the very beginning.

John 14 v 22-26. When the Father, Son and Holy Spirit dwells within you, you ought to live a surrendered life, forget about your will, and follow the will of the Father.

If Jesus did not have any will of his own, then it’s totally pointless for Satan to tempt. Or as a matter of fact, for Jesus to even be pressured to the point of “praying for the cup to pass over him” at Gethsemane.

But in those instances, you see Jesus still surrendered to the will of the Father.

This this your talking don't hold any where it still don't explain what Jesus meant

notes.... how Jesus identifies Himself with the Father
while distinguishing Himself from the Father.

By saying that He reveals the Father because the Father is in Him,
Jesus does not mean “that He who is the Son is also the Father,
but that the Son in no respect disagrees with the likeness of the Father.” To put it another way,
the Father and Son are identical in one being (one essence)
but They differ with respect to Their personhood.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland, is Jesus (the Son) distinct from his Father (Yahweh)?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:16pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

Kingsnairaland, I’m awaiting your reply to this as well.

Unless these three persons that make up One (United) God are not distinct. I recall you agreed to the dictionary definition of distinct.
how many times will I tell you that God is doing it that way the dictionary explains
It no place where dictionary will prove that a powerful being can't don't it that way

Or are you saying God can not
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:

This this your talking don't hold any where it still don't explain what Jesus meant

notes.... how Jesus identifies Himself with the Father
while distinguishing Himself from the Father.

By saying that He reveals the Father because the Father is in Him,
Jesus does not mean “that He who is the Son is also the Father,
but that the Son in no respect disagrees with the likeness of the Father.” To put it another way,
the Father and Son are identical in one being (one essence)
but They differ with respect to Their personhood.

What makes them distinct? undecided

Are they also equal?
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:18pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:
Kingsnairaland, is Jesus (the Son) distinct from his Father (Yahweh)?
is the father and Jesus one being
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

What makes them distinct? undecided

Are they also equal?
when they are distinct there is rank but when they are one being no rank exists
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
how many times will I tell you that God is doing it that way the dictionary explains
It no place where dictionary will prove that a powerful being can't don't it that way

Or are you saying God can not

Then you don’t understand what you worship. No point in preaching what you obviously don’t understand.

Do you want me to bring up the dictionary definition of trinity for you? undecided
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland:
when they are distinct there is rank but when they are one being no rank exists

You’re contradicting yourself.

That’s why I asked you earlier what One means to you.
Is it One as per literal number? (Modalism)
Or One as per unity (trinity)
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by OkCornel(m): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2021
Kingsnairaland, God can be One and yet the rank still exists.

Until you understand One means Unity, rather than a literal number, the more straightforward it will be for you.

God uses simple things to confound those who think they are wise in their eyes. So simple that your mind rejects it and still see a mystery where there’s none.
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:
Kingsnairaland, God can be One and yet the rank still exists.

Until you understand One means Unity, rather than a literal number, the more straightforward it will be for you.

God uses simple things to confound those who think they are wise in their eyes. So simple that your mind rejects it and still see a mystery where there’s none.
am tired of arguing with you

If you won't understand one being of God
Re: ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2021
OkCornel:

You’re contradicting yourself.

That’s why I asked you earlier what One means to you.
Is it One as per literal number? (Modalism)
Or One as per unity (trinity)

By one essence, we mean that God is one being. The word essence comes from the Latin verb esse, “to be,” so what we mean is that He is one being. When we speak about Him as being three persons, the best way to understand the approach the early church had is this: God made us in His image, and because we are His image, there are things about our lives and our world that reflect who He is and what He is like.

We have the privilege of using language that is terrestrial because we have no other language. This is legitimated by the fact that we are made in the image of God to speak about Him. When we use that language, in a sense, there is a connection between us because we are His image. We are persons. We see in Scripture that there are many statements about God that are what we would call “personal.”

When the early church spoke in these terms, it was seeking to use terrestrial language to describe the celestial, but in such a way that was defined by God Himself and not by our experience of the vocabulary or our dictionary definition of the vocabulary. When we say that God is a person, we recognize that we are persons, but we are the microcosm—we exist in bodily form on the earth. From that, we also understand that God is a person. In other words, what makes us a person reflects that which is true of God but is not identical with what is true of Him.

All of our language about God is like this. It’s the language of those who are the analogy of God. We use that language and we have no other language to use. The language of analogy is legitimated by the dynamic that we are made in the image of God, but we are always recognizing that He’s given us the privilege of using language that enables us to know Him without totally comprehending Him. That is what those early theologians meant when they spoke about the incomprehensibility of God, but at the same time insisted on the wonder that the God we know is the incomprehensible God. We don’t know God as He knows Himself, but we do really know the One who knows Himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (94) (Reply)

Pastor Tim Omotoso Arrested For Having Sex With Church Members In South Africa / That Is Blasphemy - Rev. Yinka Yusuf Faults Buhari For Saying Jesus Is A Prophet / Pope Benedict Announces Shocking Conversion To Islam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.