Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi (38454 Views)

Reno Omokri Endorses Atiku & Peter Obi For President 2023 / Aftermath Of Atiku & Peter Obi's Campaign In Ibadan / POLITICS2019: We Didn’t Step Down For Buhari – APC Presidential Aspirants Blow H (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:00pm On Nov 06, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, LP, in the last election, Peter Obi, has revealed why he refused to step down for his Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, counterpart, Atiku Abubakar.

Recall that Obi was the running mate to Atiku in the 2019 presidential election when both men ran on the platform of the PDP.

But due to some internal crisis in the PDP, Obi, who was expected to run with Atiku again in 2023, left the party and joined the LP. He contested the presidential poll on the platform of the LP, winning in 12 states of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory, FCT.

Obi addressed the press on Monday, about two weeks after the judgement of the Supreme Court that upheld the victory of President Bola Tinubu in the 2023 general election.

Obi said he refused to step down or work with Atiku because he came out to campaign for a new Nigeria, unlike other presidential candidates.

He said, We don’t regret anything we did. We came out on a campaign for new Nigeria which no other person did."

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2023/11/06/presidential-election-why-i-didnt-step-down-work-with-atiku-peter-obi/

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Tntsi: 5:02pm On Nov 06, 2023
The people's President, anytime, anyday, anywhere.
The other criminal forger/ destroyer of the fabrics of the nation is a global fraudster

321 Likes 31 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by slivertongue: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2023
your choice

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Kosoco(m): 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2023
A New Nigeria is POssible..
Man of The Year.

209 Likes 19 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by ubest1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 06, 2023
Come 2027 we will still vote Obi again, we will win Lagos, Rivers and Abuja to shame them again

215 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by omenka(m): 5:07pm On Nov 06, 2023
Because you're a desperate dummy. An amputee ostrich, so much noise, no traction. Las las, na wild cannivores breakfast you go be.

🤡🤡

154 Likes 22 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by accordadoga29(f): 5:08pm On Nov 06, 2023
Hehehe

Look at this opportunist.

If this opportunist had not left PDP, he would have been the vice president today.

The Igbos really hyped him which got into his head and today he is a loser.

148 Likes 21 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 06, 2023
If you cannot beat them, don't join them either

8 Likes

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Resurrection212: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
He will be Atiku Abubakar deputy next election but they will still failed.

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by omenka(m): 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

If not for Igbos that hyped him
Even with their ethnically induced hyping, he remains an insufferable dolt.

78 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Afamed: 5:10pm On Nov 06, 2023
Campaign after election.

Atiku has confirmed he's going to contest again in 2027

Obi, the Pandora fraud has also confirmed he's going to contest again in 2027.

No need to step down for each other again bikoooo

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by accordadoga29(f): 5:12pm On Nov 06, 2023
omenka:
Even with their ethnically induced hyping, he remains an insufferable dolt.

Hehehehe

By now he is regretting

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by omenka(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2023
Kosoco:
A New Nigeria is POssible..
Man of The Year.
Ohanaeze Ndigbo, IPOB Terrorists Man of the year from Alaigbo.

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 5:14pm On Nov 06, 2023
A billionaire is campaigning for a new Nigèria, a country where he repeatedly said people are poor and suffering, that he has come to rescue people, but before he rescues the people, the people which he described as poor and suffering should donate money for him.
Ponzi scheme.
"New Nigeria" on the lips.
If we had Been foolish enough, he will now be saying "I am the first...", "I am the only...", "I am..."

83 Likes 16 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 5:15pm On Nov 06, 2023
ubest1:
Come 2027 we will still vote Obi again, we will win Lagos, Rivers and Abuja to shame them again
And u will lose Nigèria again.

67 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by omenka(m): 5:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
accordadoga29:

Hehehehe

By now he is regretting
The resplendent Dûmbass is still basking in the hollow praise and worship of his repugnant online nitwits. He has no idea what time it is.

An Agulu wall gecko that thinks itself a Dragon.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by IVORY2009(m): 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2023
omenka:
The resplendent Dûmbass is still basking in the hollow praise and worship of his repugnant online nitwits. He has no idea what time it is.

An Agulu wall gecko that thinks itself a Dragon.

Useless 😞

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 5:22pm On Nov 06, 2023
A new Nigeria is possible!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Jking20(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
What doesn't kill a man makes him stronger. But on the contrary, you messed up an opportunity.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2023
Obi is insisting that he doesn't need Atiku to defeat the structures of criminality which PDAPC represents.

Obi has no mate if credible election is conducted today
omenka:
Because you're a desperate dummy. An amputee ostrich, so much noise, no traction. Las las, na wild cannivores breakfast you go be.

🤡🤡

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
You're ready to eat shit because of pride
JagabanB:
A billionaire is campaigning for a new Nigèria, a country where he repeatedly said people are poor and suffering, that he has come to rescue people, but before he rescues the people, the people which he described as poor and suffering should donate money for him.
Ponzi scheme.
"New Nigeria" on the lips.
If we had Been foolish enough, he will now be saying "I am the first...", "I am the only...", "I am..."

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by happney65: 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
1. He was the most competent out of the trio.

2. It was the turn of the South. After the North did 8years, for justice and fairness. So it was a 2 in one package

Come 2027,I'll do it again. Stand in the Sun, queue and vote for him again

38 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by ubest1(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2023
And ur suffering will continue

JagabanB:

And u will lose Nigèria again.

11 Likes

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Splashme: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2023
“We don’t regret anything we did. We came out on a campaign for new Nigeria which no other person did.

Great response

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2023
ubest1:
And ur suffering will continue

Yes, same way Anambra suffered for 8 years and prayed for Obi's tenure to end.

42 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2023
DMerciful:
You're ready to eat shit because of pride
It's not pride, it's avoiding a ponzi scheme so u don't end up in regret just like Anambra ended up in regret.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2023
DMerciful:
Obi is insisting that he doesn't need Atiku to defeat the structures of criminality which PDAPC represents.

Obi has no mate if credible election is conducted today
Yet he couldn't win elections in Anambra?
LOL.
He was depending on the court to sneak him into power.
Wherever Obi won was free and fair, wherever he lost even when u expected him to lose there was rigged, next election, u will see how his votes will diminish.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by yommen: 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2023
Tntsi:
The people's President, anytime, anyday, anywhere.

Which people? Someone came third in a contest but yet won by your standard.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by MillitaryWindow: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2023
Very greedy and focus less politician

Because of you nigera has a bulaba balu

Nigerians are paying the price for your greediness

Politicians that bears Obi as their names should withdraw from politics.

There is no difference between Obi and Bubu.

Quote me harshly and I will drag your papa like Tiger Generator

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by Felimax(m): 5:41pm On Nov 06, 2023
accordadoga29:
Hehehe

If this opportunist had not left PDP, he would have been the vice president today.

The Igbos really hyped him which got into his head and today he is a loser.

Very chilled Desperado for you!

4 Likes

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by DMerciful(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2023
The scheme where you're told to sacrifice while the use presidential jet to watch polo match, buy SUVs worth billions and buying Yatch before legislative approval is not a ponzi scheme?

Stockholm syndrome!
JagabanB:

It's not pride, it's avoiding a ponzi scheme so u don't end up in regret just like Anambra ended up in regret.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Why I Didn’t Step Down, Work With Atiku’ – Peter Obi by JagabanB: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2023
DMerciful:
The scheme where you're told to sacrifice while the use presidential jet to watch polo match, buy SUVs worth billions and buying Yatch before legislative approval is not a ponzi scheme?

Stockholm syndrome!
Ponzi scheme is when u tell the people u are saving money for them whereas u were using it to make profits.
Ur Eluuu P legislators are part of the SUV abi?
I mean ur group of saviours.

18 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Undergoes Accreditation With Grandma (photo) / Joe Ajaero To Residents: Stock Up Your House, Imo Will Be On Indefinite Lockdow / Sowore Appears In Court For The First Time Since Arrest : Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.