Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? (13838 Views)

Poll: Would you allow your woman or man to go to an event with other man or woman?

Yes, Of Course!: 14% (26 votes)
No and I will kill em!: 14% (26 votes)
Depends on the situation: 70% (130 votes)
Is she or he being paid?: 1% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

The Girl Code (no Men, Boys, Dudes Or Douhebags Allowed) / Tribe With The Most Caring Men / Boys / Male[men Boys] V Females [ladies, Women, Girl]. The Grudge Match! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:13pm On May 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You may not choose a white woman with flat arsed over your African sister but your brothers will so deal with it.   wink
Sure they do for money or visas and after that they move along.Smart move you would say cheesy
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I am talking about downlow men in the black communities please follow correctly.

Uhmm. Do you know what a Downlow man is? Just in case you didn't know. Downlow men are men who are having multiple partners sex with both men and women. Typically these downlow men are "straight" in the public some of them may have wives or girflriends but gay in the bedroom with other men.

So DUH about black heterosexual males having multiple sex partners. undecided
I know what being on the downlow means so you really dont need to tell me.You black americans are really not ready to hear the truth and thats why HIV aids is soaring in your community.I mean its even funny that Washington DC alone has more cases of HIV aids compared to Nigeria and Ethiopia combined.The number of HIV aids cases is reducing in african countries like Uganda,Kenya and Rwanda and this are poor countries but in the super rich USA its on the rise and why is this the case because black americans and especially your men engage in high risk sexual practice and hardly any of them use condoms.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I am talking about downlow men in the black communities please follow correctly.

So DUH about black heterosexual males having multiple sex partners. undecided
Its quite easy to put the blame in the spread of aids at the doorstep of men on ther downlow but facts have emerged that its heterosexual black men who have multiple sex partners and dont use condoms that spread aids in the black american community.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114237523
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 7:05pm On May 20, 2011
tom28:

Its quite easy to put the blame in the spread of aids at the doorstep of men on ther downlow but facts have emerged that its heterosexual black men who have multiple sex partners and dont use condoms that spread aids in the black american community.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=114237523

Pay attention, I did not say that careless heterosexual black men are not responsible for spreading HIV/AIDS. Goodness!

I said those men who are on the downlow (in closet gay men) leading a double life are putting CLUELESS married/engaged black women in jeopardy by having sex with OTHER MEN unprotected and bringing it home to the women possibly infecting them.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 7:18pm On May 20, 2011
tom28:

I know what being on the downlow means so you really dont need to tell me.You black americans are really not ready to hear the truth and thats why HIV aids is soaring in your community.I mean its even funny that Washington DC alone has more cases of HIV aids compared to Nigeria and Ethiopia combined.The number of HIV aids cases is reducing in african countries like Uganda,Kenya and Rwanda and this are poor countries but in the super rich USA its on the rise and why is this the case because black americans and especially your men engage in high risk sexual practice and hardly any of them use condoms.

Apparently you are still in denial and YOU Africans are not ready to accept that your shit is just as bleeped up as the rest. HIV/AIDS are spread through many different channels and it is not just by sex either. HIV/AIDS are found ALL over the world and NO ONE is safe from them.

I am sorry did you say that Washington DC alone has more case of HIV infections compared to Nigeria AND Ethiopia combined? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In America, the government requires those infected with HIV/AIDS to report their status PUBLICLY and to inform all sexual partners. Persons that are tested positive are kept in a database with their government names. If a person knowingly have the infection and still continue unprotected sex without informing the person, they will face criminal actions. However I am sure the very mandates are not applicable in Nigeria nor Ethiopia.

So again, how would you know who is INFECTED and who is not infected if NO ONE IS REPORTING IT PUBLICLY? You do not know.

One more thing, why are SOME men in Africa assuming by having sex with virgins or babies that will "cure" them of HIV/AIDS infections?
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by deniyor: 9:17pm On May 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Apparently you are still in denial and YOU Africans are not ready to accept that your poo is just as bleeped up as the rest. HIV/AIDS are spread through many different channels and it is not just by sex either. HIV/AIDS are found ALL over the world and NO ONE is safe from them.

I am sorry did you say that Washington DC alone has more case of HIV infections compared to Nigeria AND Ethiopia combined? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In America, the government requires those infected with HIV/AIDS to report their status PUBLICLY and to inform all sexual partners. Persons that are tested positive are kept in a database with their government names. If a person knowingly have the infection and still continue unprotected sex without informing the person, they will face criminal actions. However I am sure the very mandates are not applicable in Nigeria nor Ethiopia.

So again, how would you know who is INFECTED and who is not infected if NO ONE IS REPORTING IT PUBLICLY? You do not know.

One more thing, why are SOME men in Africa assuming by having sex with virgins or babies that will "cure" them of HIV/AIDS infections?
It works. I once had aids but I got cured by sleeping with a virgin. tongue
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:00pm On May 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Apparently you are still in denial and YOU Africans are not ready to accept that your poo is just as bleeped up as the rest. HIV/AIDS are spread through many different channels and it is not just by sex either. HIV/AIDS are found ALL over the world and NO ONE is safe from them.

Many of us africans do believe HIV aids is real and that is why many young africans now go on preventive measures using condoms or abstaining from sex.Yes sex is not the only you can contact it but also through intravenous drug use and come to think of it intravenous drug use is very high in the AA community.Many africans now use the ABC method in the prevention of HIV aids were A stands for abstinance,B stands for being faithful to a partner and C stands for using of condoms.Churches and NGOs in africa are now preaching for partners to engage in safe sex and they even make it mandatory for couples who want to get married to go for compulsory HIV test.In america many church leaders ignore the scorge of HIV in the AA community and they dare not talk about the issue to their congregation with the fear of offending them.Many AA men have sex with multiple females in some cases were a single black american man has eight to ten female sexual partners and they dont use condoms.Black american women are scared to encourage their male partners to engage in safe sex because they fear if they bring up this issue many of these guys would leave them and its a fact that it is very difficult for blk american women to have partners because many of their men are dating out while the others are in prison.A black american woman is 15 times more likely to contact aids from her partner than her white american female counterpart.HIV aids is even getting higher in the AA community because many AAs ignore the truth.Take a look at africa and u would see its reducing in some cases.Even india and china have much higher HIV cases than africa.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 20, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Same way that some african men believe that having sex with a morbidly obese woman makes you rich and talking about those sick men raping babies i am yet to hear about a nigerian man who goes about violating children because he believes that will cure his aids except in South Africa.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by tpia5: 6:59pm On May 22, 2011
D-sense:

In your arse undecided undecided undecided undecided

hard to believe you're not gay. undecided
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On May 23, 2011
deniyor:

It works. I once had aids but I got cured by sleeping with a virgin. tongue

You should write a book. tongue
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 1:31am On May 23, 2011
tom28:

Same way that some african men believe that having sex with a morbidly obese woman makes you rich and talking about those sick men despoiling babies i am yet to hear about a nigerian man who goes about violating children because he believes that will cure his aids except in South Africa.

There are Africans that believes that if they have sex with MORBID OBESE women that they will have riches?   Seriously?    lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Excuse me, (laughing out loud and hitting the computer table)

Ooh!  I am back.  What's were we saying?  Oh!  So is that why I see a lot of African men with those morbid obese women?   You mentioned before that your brothers always go after white obese women because they are trying to find a way out of poverty and why those same brothers can't get white women that are not obese? 

Just because you do not hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.   wink  There is nothing new under the sun even for Nigeria.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by ozoemeka(m): 1:39am On May 23, 2011
What's the big deal. If she/I am going to the event with the person rather than you/me then I/you should have seen worthwhile in going out with her/him rather than you/me.

Get over it, if she's going out and coming home to pa at night, I'm the boss aint it?
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 2:35am On May 23, 2011
tom28:

Many of us africans do believe HIV aids is real and that is why many young africans now go on preventive measures using condoms or abstaining from sex.Yes sex is not the only you can contact it but also through intravenous drug use and come to think of it intravenous drug use is very high in the AA community.Many africans now use the ABC method in the prevention of HIV aids were A stands for abstinance,B stands for being faithful to a partner and C stands for using of condoms.Churches and NGOs in africa are now preaching for partners to engage in safe sex and they even make it mandatory for couples who want to get married to go for compulsory HIV test.In america many church leaders ignore the scorge of HIV in the AA community and they dare not talk about the issue to their congregation with the fear of offending them.Many AA men have sex with multiple females in some cases were a single black american man has eight to ten female sexual partners and they dont use condoms.Black american women are scared to encourage their male partners to engage in safe sex because they fear if they bring up this issue many of these guys would leave them and its a fact that it is very difficult for blk american women to have partners because many of their men are dating out while the others are in prison.A black american woman is 15 times more likely to contact aids from her partner than her white american female counterpart.HIV aids is even getting higher in the AA community because many AAs ignore the truth.Take a look at africa and u would see its reducing in some cases.Even india and china have much higher HIV cases than africa.

Lack of awareness and truthful information about HIV/AIDS are the reasons why many communities are dealing with the soaring epidemic of HIV/AIDS.  However, HIV/AIDS treatment have came a long way and the prognosis of these patients are extending more than ten years.

You have mentioned CDC before and stated that DC alone have more infections in the Black communities than Nigeria and Ethiopia combined.   Blacks in America makes up 12% of the total population since the last US Census.  This includes mixed children and adults who considered themselves black.  

A portion of blacks that are infected with HIV/AIDS in America doesn't represent the 12% and CDC can only announce what Health departments have reported to them.  The government offer free testing and preventative seminars for citizens as a ploy to reduce the amount of infections yearly.  Lack of awareness and truthful information about HIV/AIDS  prevent those who are at high risk (sexually active teens and young adults between the age of 12-25) and because they are not aware of their infections.  

I was a part of a seminar a year ago where we were teaching school aged children about safe sex and prevention.   I was astounded at the questions and comments by the student.  One student asked if we were going to exterminate all HIV/AIDS infected patients to prevent the spread of the disease.  The school was considered to be one of the top white schools in the region and one parent stated that as long as she bathe in bleach she is "IMMUNE" from the disease.  SMH.  

Now getting back to Africa, there is a catholic church who sponsored a trip to Africa every year targeting West and South Africa to promote awareness of HIV/AIDS infection along with WHO (World Health Organization).  There are approximately 25 families who fosters orphan West and South African children who parents died of HIV/AIDS.  

No one really knows which country has the highest infections of HIV/AIDS but we do know that in every COUNTRY, CONTINENT, and REGION hundreds of people are suffering from it and passing it around knowingly and unknowingly .
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by ozoemeka(m): 3:12am On May 23, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Apparently you are still in denial and YOU Africans are not ready to accept that your poo is just as bleeped up as the rest.  HIV/AIDS are spread through many different channels and it is not just by sex either.   HIV/AIDS are found ALL over the world and NO ONE is safe from them.

I am sorry did you say that Washington DC alone has more case of HIV infections compared to Nigeria AND Ethiopia combined?    lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In America, the government requires those infected with HIV/AIDS to report their status PUBLICLY and to inform all sexual partners.  Persons that are tested positive are kept in a database with their government names.  If a person knowingly have the infection and still continue unprotected sex without informing the person, they will face criminal actions.  However I am sure the very mandates are not applicable in Nigeria nor Ethiopia. 

So again, how would you know who is INFECTED and who is not infected if NO ONE IS REPORTING IT PUBLICLY?   You do not know.   

@tom28 you've got to brush up on your public awareness skills bro. Down Low men are eminent in every culture. Nigeria is not an exclusion. Did u attend Nigerian boarding school to hear of atrocities that went down? I'm gonna need you to rep the high intelligience of nigerian men. No. DC does NOT have the highest case of HIV compared to Nigeria. That's unintelligible and preposterous. 

[i]The table makes clear Africa's unfortunate position in the worldwide HIV and AIDS epidemic, as the 19 countries worldwide with the highest prevalence of reported infections are all African countries with more than 24.5 million, and more than 60% of the HIV-infected population. South Africa is reported to have the largest population living with the disease, at well over 5 million people infected, followed by Nigeria in 2nd place and India being the 3rd largest population of HIV infected with more than 2 million people reported.[/i]

WHO places Nigeria at #3 with 3.6m people and US is way down with 950k. Apologize to the lady with your facts straight.

I'll believe that Nigerian men DO NOT believe sex with a virgin cures AIDS.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 10:49am On May 24, 2011
ozo_emeka:

@tom28 you've got to brush up on your public awareness skills bro. Down Low men are eminent in every culture. Nigeria is not an exclusion. Did u attend Nigerian boarding school to hear of atrocities that went down? I'm gonna need you to rep the high intelligience of nigerian men. No. DC does NOT have the highest case of HIV compared to Nigeria. That's unintelligible and preposterous. 

[i]The table makes clear Africa's unfortunate position in the worldwide HIV and AIDS epidemic, as the 19 countries worldwide with the highest prevalence of reported infections are all African countries with more than 24.5 million, and more than 60% of the HIV-infected population. South Africa is reported to have the largest population living with the disease, at well over 5 million people infected, followed by Nigeria in 2nd place and India being the 3rd largest population of HIV infected with more than 2 million people reported.[/i]

WHO places Nigeria at #3 with 3.6m people and US is way down with 950k. Apologize to the lady with your facts straight.

That why I said SOME African men and did not specified any African countries but I guess he assumed I meant Nigerians.  If that what I meant I would have stated it. 

I didn't think he understand the impact that black down low men have on the black community.  I also stressed that homosexuality is a taboo in the black community which explains "down low men" phenomenon.  There is a book written by a heterosexual black woman who was married to a black man on the down low.  She is blessed that she didn't contract the virus however many black women who are married, engaged, and dating black men on the down low have no idea their lives will change forever once they have engaged in unprotected sex with their down low partners. 

I do agree that heterosexual males and females are spreading HIV/AIDS infection in America however majority of the clueless victims are black women who are MARRIED or DATING down low men. 

To expound more on what you have stated about the infection comparisons

Mathematical speaking, if CDC did announced that the city of DC has more HIV/AIDS infections among blacks than Nigeria and Ethiopia combined which doesn't make sense when blacks only account for 12% of the total population in America. 

311,409,429 people in America (approximately 12% are black americans)
152,217,341 people in Nigeria
82,825,000 people in Ethiopia

I found the link where Tom28 may have gotten his source from but if he had read thoroughly he would have seen that DC has the highest HIV prevalence in the district not the country and most certainly not the world. 

http://www.avert.org/hiv-african-americans.htm
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 12:10am On May 25, 2011
ozo_emeka:

Sure there are gay men and lesbians in africa and especially nigeria but we must be aware that such ppl have a western upbringing.The number of homosexuals in africa are quite on the low side compared to the number of homosexuals in the west and yes i would agree if you check the stats that HIV in the african continent as a whole would be higher than that in the united states but then America as a developed western country still has a very high HIV aids problem if u were to compare it with other western countries and i will say that is a shame for all their wealth,power and so called population enlightement.Their media bash africa all day about spreading aids all over but there are still a large number of americans who are still ignorant about the way HIV aids is spread and go about spreading it.Africa has programmes tht educate its populace on how to prevent aids and there were reports in countries like Rwanda and Uganda about the HIV status going down but in America its increasing steadly.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 12:17am On May 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

There are Africans that believes that if they have sex with MORBID OBESE women that they will have riches? Seriously? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Excuse me, (laughing out loud and hitting the computer table)

Ooh! I am back. What's were we saying? Oh! So is that why I see a lot of African men with those morbid obese women? You mentioned before that your brothers always go after white obese women because they are trying to find a way out of poverty and why those same brothers can't get white women that are not obese?

Just because you do not hear about it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. wink There is nothing new under the sun even for Nigeria.
Yes it might sound funny there are some cultures in Nigeria that believe when you are with a fat woman it brings you luck and money like in the middle belt in ancient times for example young men about to get married encouraged their bride to be to put on weight by putting them to what is known as a fattening room.On the issue of naija guys who run after fat white girls such men in question certainly dont have a choice because it is such contract relationships that might prevent them being deported and in most cases anyway many of these white girls on the big side are very despirate to have a man because their own men dont need them.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 12:21am On May 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Lack of awareness and truthful information about HIV/AIDS are the reasons why many communities are dealing with the soaring epidemic of HIV/AIDS. However, HIV/AIDS treatment have came a long way and the prognosis of these patients are extending more than ten years.

You have mentioned CDC before and stated that DC alone have more infections in the Black communities than Nigeria and Ethiopia combined. Blacks in America makes up 12% of the total population since the last US Census. This includes mixed children and adults who considered themselves black.

A portion of blacks that are infected with HIV/AIDS in America doesn't represent the 12% and CDC can only announce what Health departments have reported to them. The government offer free testing and preventative seminars for citizens as a ploy to reduce the amount of infections yearly. Lack of awareness and truthful information about HIV/AIDS prevent those who are at high risk (sexually active teens and young adults between the age of 12-25) and because they are not aware of their infections.

I was a part of a seminar a year ago where we were teaching school aged children about safe sex and prevention. I was astounded at the questions and comments by the student. One student asked if we were going to exterminate all HIV/AIDS infected patients to prevent the spread of the disease. The school was considered to be one of the top white schools in the region and one parent stated that as long as she bathe in bleach she is "IMMUNE" from the disease. SMH.

Now getting back to Africa, there is a catholic church who sponsored a trip to Africa every year targeting West and South Africa to promote awareness of HIV/AIDS infection along with WHO (World Health Organization). There are approximately 25 families who fosters orphan West and South African children who parents died of HIV/AIDS.

No one really knows which country has the highest infections of HIV/AIDS but we do know that in every COUNTRY, CONTINENT, and REGION hundreds of people are suffering from it and passing it around knowingly and unknowingly .

Its not only the Catholic church thts on the fight against the Aids scorge in Nigeria and West africa but even the Evangelical churches as well as some NGOs even though there are few NGOs that might be scams.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 12:26am On May 25, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

But then your country says that the African continent has the highest infection of aids and that its also high among black americans
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima1(f): 2:13am On May 25, 2011
tom28:

But then your country says that the African continent has the highest infection of aids and that its also high among black americans

Yes, the infections are high among Black Americans thanks to down low men however America is not on the top of the list.  wink
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima1(f): 2:19am On May 25, 2011
tom28:

Yes it might sound funny there are some cultures in Nigeria that believe when you are with a fat woman it brings you luck and money like in the middle belt in ancient times for example young men about to get married encouraged their bride to be to put on weight by putting them to what is known as a fattening room.On the issue of naija guys who run after fat white girls such men in question certainly dont have a choice because it is such contract relationships that might prevent them being deported and in most cases anyway many of these white girls on the big side are very despirate to have a man because their own men dont need them.

Hmm. They should thank God for those Nigerian men that wants them huh? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima1(f): 2:25am On May 25, 2011
tom28:

Sure there are gay men and lesbians in africa and especially nigeria but we must be aware that such ppl have a western upbringing.The number of homosexuals in africa are quite on the low side compared to the number of homosexuals in the west and yes i would agree if you check the stats that HIV in the african continent as a whole would be higher than that in the united states but then America as a developed western country still has a very high HIV aids problem if u were to compare it with other western countries and i will say that is a shame for all their wealth,power and so called population enlightement.Their media bash africa all day about spreading aids all over but there are still a large number of americans who are still ignorant about the way HIV aids is spread and go about spreading it.Africa has programmes tht educate its populace on how to prevent aids and there were reports in countries like Rwanda and Uganda about the HIV status going down but in America its increasing steadly.

Even if the infection rate increases in America it will never match up to the infection rate in Africa. In other words, no one can say that six apples were infected by maggots in a barrel if there were only five apples.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 4:05am On May 25, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Hmm. They should thank God for those Nigerian men that wants them huh? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Yea maybe,maybe not.Wouldnt be any skin of my nose.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 4:13am On May 25, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Even if the infection rate increases in America it will never match up to the infection rate in Africa. In other words, no one can say that six apples were infected by maggots in a barrel if there were only five apples.
Africa is a continent while the USA is a country so when the US media says the HIV plague is not tht serious in America because africa as a continent as more HIV occurences than America then it this comes to show how really ignorant americans can be.It just the same way tht america rates the superiority of its military by waging wars with very poor rag tag arab countries who use ww1 armouries to fight off american aggresion.If u compare the HIV status in the USA with other western countries then u would see that the HIV rate in the USA is very high.Americans base their superiority by comparing themselves with underdeveloping countries.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by ozoemeka(m): 7:18am On May 25, 2011
tom28:

Don't say that you sound silly. Your reasoning is a subjective thought Africans and Carribeans try to  convince ourselves of. Have you never seen effeminate nigerian men? We called them boy-girls when I was in primary & secondary school (yes, there were some effeminate boys at our young age then) boys taunted them, they were friends with most girls (same thing you see in the US), swung hips as they walked, made hand gestures etc, those kids were NOT exposed to any westernized crap. Trust me, the kids in my school (also considering our young ages) were local. How do you explain guys sleeping with each other in boarding school?  6 years in military school, I can't remember how many times you heard of guys sleeping with other guys in a room, bush etc. ,  yes, bush. I remember King's College was a top den of queers. Throughout Africa, it is widely believed that homosexuality is a western evil; an imported concept that is ‘un-African’. This belief is often used to justify homophobia. However, studies suggest that this is a misconception and that there is evidence of homosexuality existing in African societies prior to colonialism.  America tolerates gays, we don't. They are OUT, Africans are not. Take a look at SA, then you will see the number of gays in Africa might just match up to the West. A prominent advocate for the rights of homosexuals is the Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa, Desmond Tutu. In 2010 he said: “Show me where Christ said, "Love thy fellow man, except for the gay ones." Gay people, too, are made in my God's image”.

Gay men include masculine men, in between, Bi and DL men. For many gay men in Africa, life is a constant struggle. Some men choose to hide their sexuality and are condemned to a life of secrecy. As a result, a significant number of African gay men are also married and in some cases have children.Men who choose to live an open life or who are exposed as being gay are often subject to unrelenting stigma and discrimination to such an extent that they can be denied a normal life (This Magazine (2009, 6th August) 'In the shadows too long, one of Kenya’s gay male love-peddlers speaks out for change) (Behind the Mask (2010, 8th June) 'Anti-gay march could hamper HIV interventions in Ghana)

http://www.mask.org.za/

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=xPX5z3RR9vQC&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=azande+homosexuality&source=bl&ots=2Y7qyECkLF&sig=05H-PqZqIN71ocZMcWYcnPO_2Qs&hl=en&ei=DISnS7msIIz00gTdwL3AAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CA4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=azande%20ho&f=false

In Nigeria, an estimated 3.6 percent of the population are living with HIV and AIDS. Although HIV prevalence is much lower in Nigeria than in other African countries such as South Africa and Zambia, the size of Nigeria’s population (around 149 million) means that by the end of 2009, there were 3.3 million people living with HIV. 1 in 5 South Africans have HIV. With AIDS claiming so many lives, Nigeria’s life expectancy has declined significantly. In 1991 the average life expectancy was 54 years for women and 53 years for men. In 2009 these figures had fallen to 48 for women and 46 for men.

while

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that over 1 million adults and adolescents are living with HIV in the USA, including those not yet diagnosed, and those who have already progressed to AIDS.Since the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic well over half a million people have died of AIDS in America (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2011) 'HIV surveillance report: Diagnoses of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2009 Volume 2)   – the equivalent of the entire population of Las Vegas. There are currently more than one million people living with HIV and AIDS in America and around a fifth of these are unaware of their infection,3 posing a high risk of onward transmission.

[size=13pt]FYI[/size]  HIV/AIDS just hit 3% rate in DC (The Washington Post (2009, 15th March) 'HIV/AIDS rate in D.C. hits 3%). DC reports  a far higher rate of AIDS diagnoses than any other area (though the rate in the wider Washington area was surpassed by other metropolitan areas). A 2009 local government report found the capital city's HIV prevalence was 3%, including figures as high as 7.2% for 40-49 year olds, and 6.5% for black males

An estimated 490,696 people were living with AIDS in America in 2008. The highest numbers were in New York state, California, Florida and Texas. Among the 50 states, the lowest numbers were in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana.

Throughout most African countries, social and political stigma and discrimination creates an environment that makes it difficult for gay men to receive information and education about HIV, to access health services and to live an open life. This environment has also lead to an absence of information about how many gay men are living with HIV and AIDS in Africa.

Be logical.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 10:54am On May 28, 2011
ozo_emeka:

Don't say that you sound silly. Your reasoning is a subjective thought Africans and Carribeans try to convince ourselves of. Have you never seen effeminate nigerian men? We called them boy-girls when I was in primary & secondary school (yes, there were some effeminate boys at our young age then) boys taunted them, they were friends with most girls (same thing you see in the US), swung hips as they walked, made hand gestures etc, those kids were NOT exposed to any westernized crap. Trust me, the kids in my school (also considering our young ages) were local. How do you explain guys sleeping with each other in boarding school? 6 years in military school, I can't remember how many times you heard of guys sleeping with other guys in a room, bush etc. , yes, bush. I remember King's College was a top den of queers. Throughout Africa, it is widely believed that homosexuality is a western evil; an imported concept that is ‘un-African’. This belief is often used to justify homophobia. However, studies suggest that this is a misconception and that there is evidence of homosexuality existing in African societies prior to colonialism. America tolerates gays, we don't. They are OUT, Africans are not. Take a look at SA, then you will see the number of gays in Africa might just match up to the West. A prominent advocate for the rights of homosexuals is the Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa, Desmond Tutu. In 2010 he said: “Show me where Christ said, "Love thy fellow man, except for the gay ones." Gay people, too, are made in my God's image”.

Gay men include masculine men, in between, Bi and DL men. For many gay men in Africa, life is a constant struggle. Some men choose to hide their sexuality and are condemned to a life of secrecy. As a result, a significant number of African gay men are also married and in some cases have children.Men who choose to live an open life or who are exposed as being gay are often subject to unrelenting stigma and discrimination to such an extent that they can be denied a normal life (This Magazine (2009, 6th August) 'In the shadows too long, one of Kenya’s gay male love-peddlers speaks out for change) (Behind the Mask (2010, 8th June) 'Anti-gay march could hamper HIV interventions in Ghana)

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=xPX5z3RR9vQC&pg=PA23&lpg=PA23&dq=azande+homosexuality&source=bl&ots=2Y7qyECkLF&sig=05H-PqZqIN71ocZMcWYcnPO_2Qs&hl=en&ei=DISnS7msIIz00gTdwL3AAQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CA4Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=azande%20ho&f=false

In Nigeria, an estimated 3.6 percent of the population are living with HIV and AIDS. Although HIV prevalence is much lower in Nigeria than in other African countries such as South Africa and Zambia, the size of Nigeria’s population (around 149 million) means that by the end of 2009, there were 3.3 million people living with HIV. 1 in 5 South Africans have HIV. With AIDS claiming so many lives, Nigeria’s life expectancy has declined significantly. In 1991 the average life expectancy was 54 years for women and 53 years for men. In 2009 these figures had fallen to 48 for women and 46 for men.

while

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that over 1 million adults and adolescents are living with HIV in the USA, including those not yet diagnosed, and those who have already progressed to AIDS.Since the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic well over half a million people have died of AIDS in America (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2011) 'HIV surveillance report: Diagnoses of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2009 Volume 2) – the equivalent of the entire population of Las Vegas. There are currently more than one million people living with HIV and AIDS in America and around a fifth of these are unaware of their infection,3 posing a high risk of onward transmission.

[size=13pt]FYI[/size] HIV/AIDS just hit 3% rate in DC (The Washington Post (2009, 15th March) 'HIV/AIDS rate in D.C. hits 3%). DC reports a far higher rate of AIDS diagnoses than any other area (though the rate in the wider Washington area was surpassed by other metropolitan areas). A 2009 local government report found the capital city's HIV prevalence was 3%, including figures as high as 7.2% for 40-49 year olds, and 6.5% for black males

An estimated 490,696 people were living with AIDS in America in 2008. The highest numbers were in New York state, California, Florida and Texas. Among the 50 states, the lowest numbers were in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana.

Throughout most African countries, social and political stigma and discrimination creates an environment that makes it difficult for gay men to receive information and education about HIV, to access health services and to live an open life. This environment has also lead to an absence of information about how many gay men are living with HIV and AIDS in Africa.

Be logical.
I also attended an all boys secondary school which happened to be catholic and i was a boarding student and there was no single incidence about homosexuality throughout my six yrs in the school.I dont know if u have heard of the school.Its situated in edo state and its called Lumen Christi College in Uromi in edo state.Back then we even had our showers together in a large bathroom and there was nothing to it.The promiscious attitude exhibited by some of the students was tht they sneaked out at night from the school into the main town and have fun with girls.Yes as growing teenagers we used to discuss about sex and girls and this was normal so i dont know were u bringing this information about homosexuality common in all boys secondary school.By the way King"s college has a western affliation and there are a number of foreign students who attend so i wonder if u would have the boldness to refer it as a Bush school to a King"s college alumni.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 28, 2011
ozo_emeka:

: “Show me where Christ said, "Love thy fellow man, except for the gay ones." Gay people, too, are made in my God's image”.

while

Look your preaching is unneccessary.I didnt say i hate Gay ppl but all i am saying is that homosexuality is a sexual disorder.Yes Gay ppl are made in God"s image and so are the armed robbers,ritual killers,pedophiles,rapist,kidnappers etc and even Adolf Hitler ,Idi Amin and Sani Abacha was also made in God"s image.Even though we didnt hate this ppl i just mentioned but then you would agree we disliked their actions
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Nobody: 11:18am On May 28, 2011
ozo_emeka:

Don't say that you sound silly. Your reasoning is a subjective thought Africans and Carribeans try to convince ourselves of. Have you never seen effeminate nigerian men? We called them boy-girls when I was in primary & secondary school (yes, there were some effeminate boys at our young age then) boys taunted them, they were friends with most girls (same thing you see in the US), swung hips as they walked, made hand gestures etc, those kids were NOT exposed to any westernized crap. Trust me, the kids in my school (also considering our young ages) were local. How do you explain guys sleeping with each other in boarding school? 6 years in military school, I can't remember how many times you heard of guys sleeping with other guys in a room, bush etc. , yes, bush. I remember King's College was a top den of queers. Throughout Africa, it is widely believed that homosexuality is a western evil; an imported concept that is ‘un-African’. This belief is often used to justify homophobia. However, studies suggest that this is a misconception and that there is evidence of homosexuality existing in African societies prior to colonialism. America tolerates gays, we don't. They are OUT, Africans are not. Take a look at SA, then you will see the number of gays in Africa might just match up to the West. A prominent advocate for the rights of homosexuals is the Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, South Africa, Desmond Tutu. In 2010 he said: “Show me where Christ said, "Love thy fellow man, except for the gay ones." Gay people, too, are made in my God's image”.

while

The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that over 1 million adults and adolescents are living with HIV in the USA, including those not yet diagnosed, and those who have already progressed to AIDS.Since the beginning of the HIV and AIDS epidemic well over half a million people have died of AIDS in America (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2011) 'HIV surveillance report: Diagnoses of HIV infection and AIDS in the United States and Dependent Areas, 2009 Volume 2) – the equivalent of the entire population of Las Vegas. There are currently more than one million people living with HIV and AIDS in America and around a fifth of these are unaware of their infection,3 posing a high risk of onward transmission.

[size=13pt]FYI[/size] HIV/AIDS just hit 3% rate in DC (The Washington Post (2009, 15th March) 'HIV/AIDS rate in D.C. hits 3%). DC reports a far higher rate of AIDS diagnoses than any other area (though the rate in the wider Washington area was surpassed by other metropolitan areas). A 2009 local government report found the capital city's HIV prevalence was 3%, including figures as high as 7.2% for 40-49 year olds, and 6.5% for black males

Be logical.
When i was in SS2 in secondary school i knew this guy in my class who had an efferminate mannerism.He was a yoruba guy and when he walked he held his gait like a girl and he had a small voice but this guy was a known girl chaser.He chased girls like it was going out of fashion.I wouldnt know why he had an efferminate behaviour but then from what i found he was the only boy in his family and he was surrounded by girls.All sisters but he had no brother so hence maybe that could explain for his feminine behaviour.I met this guy some weeks ago and he"s now married with a child.Efferminate attitude does not proof homosexuality all the times.The popular british singer Goerge Micheal is gay but he has a very macho behaviour so how can u explain for his homosexual behaviour then?
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Chiori(m): 10:14am On Dec 28, 2011
Yes, but he has to be her brother or cousin whom I have known before. If it must be someone else, my son has to go with them. Nonsense! Why shouldn't I trust my wife? If it is important, no wahala. My wife is surrounded by people of character.
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by terrifikjo(m): 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2011
i will but, if it turns out the other way round, then somebody will go down, abi i nor try?
grin grin grin grin
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by Jay5000(m): 11:58pm On Mar 21, 2012
ladies, would you allow your man take another woman/girl to an event? grin
Re: Men/boys, Would You Allow Another Man/boy Take Your Woman/girl To An Event? by MrsChima(f): 5:33am On Mar 22, 2012
Jay5000: ladies, would you allow your man take another woman/girl to an event? grin

Sure. Why not? wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cardi B's Vagina Surfaced After Her #bbma's Red Carpet� / What Do You Think About Emilydates? How True Is It / This Picture Of A Girl Rocking A Guy In Club Is Trending !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.