Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,109 members, 7,825,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please (24970 Views)

What Are The Marriage Advise You Can Never Take As A Lady / I Am Scared To Ask Him When He Wants To Get Married. Help!!! / I Am Scared My Girlfriend Could Be A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Hassanmaye(m): 3:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
KristaPretty:

I thought we were married grin grin grin cheesy
Haha
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Chinny024(f): 3:14pm On Jul 08, 2021
Marriage is not the bed of roses.. Never a must or compulsory for everyone. If you know that you are not ready to shed tears,face regret, accept abusive names,and all sort of temptation,just chill. Someone would just wake up one day and start blaming you for his short coming, downfall,and worst still domestic violence which have killed many!!!
Sister, please, be single and happy.

I rest my case!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Truvelisback(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2021
Do u want to be a Nun? Anyway, Ur problem is spiritual. Go 4 deliverance b4 it's too.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Rilztsavage(m): 3:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
I like this post, think have learnt alot from it also. We almost same here, same thoughts, same beliefs, same up bring. Me to, I really scared of going into it. Like the nagging wife/quite wife, it's so complicating thinking of it all.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by frankilolo: 4:03pm On Jul 08, 2021
Face your fears head on. You will be ok
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by whodeyhere: 4:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:
I come from a very strict background.
I grew up in fear, submission and obedience to my parents, elders and relatives. I am well mannered. I have anger and temper issues but it never goes beyond sulking and crying silently to get it off my chest. I find it difficult to let go when aggravated but in trcent times, i have worked on myself so much that i channel my displeasure to free tears flowing down my cheeks after which i let go of everything.

I am always looking for excuses to run away from any form of marriage discussion whenever its comes to that, i don't give room to premarital sex. I don't know how to overcome this. When my potential suitor seems so nice and with good disposition and everything worth craving for , then i ask myself " who are these people that end up enemies suddenly and what on earth can cause someone to become so horrible that a once lovely marriage turns into chaos "

Honestly, i believe that with my tolerance level that i can manage a home and marriage but then,how can you tell that of your potential partner?

Sometimes, i just want to remain like this and grow old and still be very happy but then societal and family pressure to get married and have your own kids keeps getting higher which results to my running away more and more. To make it worse, i don't keep friends.
Who knows how to overcome this and how can it be ok?

Pray to God for guidance first. Then I think you can start by having friends, maybe from school, mosque/church, work. Then you'll start to realize things are not as hard as it seems.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Kenpaly(m): 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
U see d important of dating?when peopl Hear about dating they tink dat dating is a very dangerous thing to adopt, Op i will advice u to go and find a girl,date her 4 at least one year and then com back and think about marriage. And pleas make sure dat u hav enough money to aviod regret.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by meobizy(f): 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
Not everyone will get married in life. Since it’s a man-made construct not every human will get to enjoy or suffer in the institution. Death on the other hand… you know where I’m going.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by IranianSea: 4:19pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:
I grew up in fear, submission and obedience to my parents, elders and relatives. I am well mannered. I have anger and temper issues but it never goes beyond sulking and crying silently to get it off my chest. I find it difficult to let go when aggravated but in trcent times, i have worked on myself so much that i channel my displeasure to free tears flowing down my cheeks after which i let go of everything.

I am always looking for excuses to run away from any form of marriage discussion whenever its comes to that, i don't give room to premarital sex. I don't know how to overcome this. When my potential suitor seems so nice and with good disposition and everything worth craving for , then i ask myself " who are these people that end up enemies suddenly and what on earth can cause someone to become so horrible that a once lovely marriage turns into chaos "

Honestly, i believe that with my tolerance level that i can manage a home and marriage but then,how can you tell that of your potential partner?

Sometimes, i just want to remain like this and grow old and still be very happy but then societal and family pressure to get married and have your own kids keeps getting higher which results to my running away more and more. To make it worse, i don't keep friends.
STAY OFF IT! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ENJOY NOW. SOON YOU GET INTO THAT TRAP. THAT'S FINAL. STAY THE F**K OF IT!!!
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Hassanmaye(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2021
Nonexistent1:
I wanted to advise you until I saw the "f" in your moniker. I don't do favors for daughters of Jezebel.
grin grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Hassanmaye(m): 4:39pm On Jul 08, 2021
skeelful:
We are all scared but wetin man go do? It's a circle of life.
I swear
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Hassanmaye(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2021
Ayo2004:
U don't want to get married
I don't want to get married

Will you be my babymama grin
Bad boy
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Sweeetheart(m): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2021
a coward can't developed, instead of you getting scared, why not be mentally prepared for the marriage instead of growing your fears

instead of growing your fears, kill the fears with mind preparation to spend your life with a good hearted friend
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2021
KristaPretty:
Do whatever makes you happy my dear.

After being counselled and talked to but you're still scared of marriage and don't want to to get married? Please don't so. It is not a do or die issue as some people are married but unhappy. Society puts pressure on people too much in Nigeria (which I am sure of).

Due to personal encounters with several women who had severe issues and died, I developed severe Tokophobia (make una check google grin) and no matter the pressure do not see myself wanting to go down that path when married - Gestational surrogacy is the plan and I am hoping and praying for a man who would understand this.

You see this life ehn, na how you do am you go enjoy am. Do only what makes you happy without thinking of these negative shallow minded people. They judge others without hearing their story, they act like saints but are devils inside.

I no kukuma send anybody
Let just impregnate ourselves,how you see am
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Qualer: 4:51pm On Jul 08, 2021
KristaPretty:
Do whatever makes you happy my dear.

After being counselled and talked to but you're still scared of marriage and don't want to to get married? Please don't so. It is not a do or die issue as some people are married but unhappy. Society puts pressure on people too much in Nigeria (which I am sure of).

Due to personal encounters with several women who had severe issues and died, I developed severe Tokophobia (make una check google grin) and no matter the pressure do not see myself wanting to go down that path when married - Gestational surrogacy is the plan and I am hoping and praying for a man who would understand this.

You see this life ehn, na how you do am you go enjoy am. Do only what makes you happy without thinking of these negative shallow minded people. They judge others without hearing their story, they act like saints but are devils inside.

I no kukuma send anybody

But I send you now!! Krista my love!! grin cheesy
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Qualer: 4:53pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:

Why this fine girl dey do like this now. Come o, I 've been waiting for you, come and take this ring jor!! cool
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Gfskw: 4:56pm On Jul 08, 2021
You need a dicck in your life
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by KristaPretty(f): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2021
Qualer:

But I send you now!! Krista my love!! grin cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by KristaPretty(f): 5:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
Volkswagen90:
Let just impregnate ourselves,how you see am

Who go carry the belle sad

2 Likes

Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by RosyIsBlessed: 5:06pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:

How old are you?
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2021
KristaPretty:

Who go carry the belle sad
you,but i will support you like na me dey carry am.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by DukeJoe17: 5:55pm On Jul 08, 2021
[quote author=Rozcol post=103483594]Marriage is scary these days, take a look at the young men we have around, its easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to finding good and worthy husband.[/quo

All this young girls with more than 20 boyfriends sef.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by SpruceMediaNG: 6:08pm On Jul 08, 2021
MaryJane24:
You must be Dr Phil's older brother.

wink
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Obidiugwu: 6:30pm On Jul 08, 2021
First you need to love yourself then try to mingle at your favorite niche. Dm us for different type of Male/Female Fabrics at affordable prices..ZeroEightOneThreeFourThreeFiveOneSixThreeSix
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Am10xbeta: 7:12pm On Jul 08, 2021
My dear
I have the same phobia,
I usually end a relationship when my partner start talking about setting down.

I believe maybe we have not met the right person, when you meet the right I believe everything will fall into place.

And over thinkers tend to have this problem as well, but just trust and hope everything will be fine,
When you finally decide to settle down

Wish you the best dear.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by FRANKOSKI(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:

answer these 2 questions
1 ARE YOU A VIRGIN ?
2 ARE YOU A GRADUATE ?
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by frozen70(f): 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:

You can just have a kid or two for yourself and move on, marriage is not for everyone

Those kids will now take care of you at old age

Before then you can have a lover who will be keeping you as you desire
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Tonyparks64(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2021
chocolateme:

Your fear is valid. Trust me!

You are normal but then society would think you are losing out. But in reality this is what you want, a solo small circle of a life.

Not everyone is destined and desires to marry. i wish we can start respecting people's opinions and standards.

Please my dear find that which keeps you happy and build on it.

May you find the courage and strength to live happily just like you want.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Nobody: 12:33am On Jul 09, 2021
Relax!

Old age will advice you. Immediately after menopause.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by lorenzmond(m): 3:49am On Jul 09, 2021
Ever thought being a Rev Sister...
But on serious note if you know marriage is not your thing please make money and adopt a child.

But you need to loosen up. Life should not meant to be this rigid.
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by skedy1(m): 7:00am On Jul 09, 2021
The whole marriage idea is that mental fear.

Try to forget the marriage and try dating first
Re: I Am Scared Of Marriage, Advise Me Please by Pelxmiye(m): 3:23pm On Jul 09, 2021
Rozcol:
Marriage is scary these days, take a look at the young men we have around, its easier for the camel to pass through the eye of a needle than it is to finding good and worthy husband.
Also take a look at the country, you're in, the men are a product of the messed up state of that country, stop comparing the men now to the men who were around when Nigeria was good and bountiful, it was easier finding a good and well to do man back then and also good women as against what we have now undecided undecided undecided...so my dear ,be ready to put in the work too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Twitter Guy Dates Wife 3 Years Without Kissing. / Please What Do You Think I Should Do Leave Or Continue? / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.