Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship (34655 Views)

Why are good people always unlucky in relationships? / Am I Being Unlucky Or I'm At Fault / Guys, Ladies, Why Am I So Unlucky??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Agp19(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
pansophist:

Don't envy me abeg. I broke scatter. I need help grin
lol if you broke then people like us broke, scatter com pieces join.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by pacespot(m): 12:43pm On Feb 20, 2022
Beloved03:

Hmmm well said Mag but you got the premise definition wrong and perhaps that's where the confusion is.

A good person isn't necessarily a nice guy or girl.

According to the English dictionary (see links below), a good person is an honest, kind and morally inclined person.

On the contrary, a nice person (guy or girl) is only a polite and kind person.

This means that a person can be nice (polite/kind) but still cheat numerously on their spouse because they are not a good (honest/morally inclined) person.

I have had that advice for my female counterparts for years - when you are ready to settle down be sure to find a 'good' man. Because only a good man will not cheat, not shy away from commitment and responsibility, not abuse you verbally or physically.
A good man will always seek to communicate and treat you with respect.
And even when if you have to separate due to growing apart and incompatibly (sexual, religious, values etc) it will be almost amicably. You won't have to leave the relationship with scars or emotional wounds as many situation are.

And like the OP, I do believe that good natured people deserve each other and not the other way round.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/good%20people

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/thesaurus/articles/a-good-person-action-etc

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nice#:~:text=1%20%3A%20polite%2C%20kind%20a%20very,bred%20from%20a%20nice%20family

Exactly, really good people deserve each other. if you are a real good person, you deserve to have another good person as a partner. But today's world is just not fair, there are many things that could cloud human thoughts these days. Some people don't know it yet, but we are not living in a sane world. Opportunity and luck is more beneficial than good morals and steadfastness.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by jaxxy(m): 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
Liyastitches:
From my point of view, it is because they are gullible most of the time,they tend to trust easily and overlook the hand writing on the wall.

It's also a test from God to know if your 'good heart' can stand the test of time, because good
attitude attract both good and bad, but never give up doing good, if those you are doing good to does not deserve it.

Most good people are ignorant of the devices of the enemy or bad folks. They either don’t see the handwriting or don’t understand it.

They are not stupid infact they cud be very smart in other areas bt stupid in relationships.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Crafteck1: 12:44pm On Feb 20, 2022
No one get good heart, people just get carried away
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by maxwelloweezy(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2022
Pray for the spirit of discernment my dear

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by LIONSABRE(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2022
This isn't true.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Jollyjane4U: 12:48pm On Feb 20, 2022
Thank you for this.

LikeAking:

Another important rule.

You should pick your man not the other way round. That means you have to woo the guys you like.

Pick quality guys, it goes beyond been handsome with cash.

Follow guys in your class.

Number 2

Never apologize in a relationship or in life. Its a sign of weakness.

But appologise only when your sins are greivious.

You just have to be tough.

Dont take rubbish from anybody and you will be fine.

BE GOOD TO ONLY THoSE WHO ARE GOOD TO YOU AT THAT MOMENT.

Been good is another word for been stupid
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Ellasure: 12:49pm On Feb 20, 2022
Gulibility with a good � is not bad and due mainly because of want experience.

The heart and mind of a child is as good as a brand new computer laptop yet to face the rogues on the internet. Particularly without any antivirus software protection, it will be swamped with varying commercial advertising and promotion materials of all sorts. And some will download without authorisation on the free laptop disk.

Consultation is very necessary in every aspects of man. There is nothing like too much consultation with intentions for good information about usages etc.

Growing children need to hang around elders of the family, school teachers, lecturers, church Pastors and other religious teacher. If you confined yourself to your peers only as many youths do today you will surely pay heavily in terms of slower pace of life development and associated financial rewards.

If it is music go near current music players, etc

Don't always be a fall guy.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by jaxxy(m): 12:50pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lucrativress:

Being overly good is not too good
You need a little level of a bitch in you or else you'll ignore lots of needed points you need to take note of and life itself is a bitch, so just imagine being overly good,how will you be able to detect the bitchiness of life?
Balancing your life as a good person means a bit of this and that, helps you to be more practical thereby using your head mostly than your heart

It’s not about being a bitch or having sm bitch in u that makes ur character less tasteful rather about knowing how to differentiate good from bad in relationships.

I know many gals with the little bitch in them and even worse behavior bt they still get dealt with by baddos day in and out. Their bad bitch behavior infact only drives of the good guys and leaves them with a bunch of wolves to choose from. At the end it’s still tears.

Bad bitch or not u better know how to spot the good from the bad or it’s same outcome. I’ve seen good gals get what they want also cos they knew how to identify it.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by edoairways: 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2022
ednut1:
if you had sex in your relationship don’t mention God again
I love this
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Olumaeme: 12:54pm On Feb 20, 2022
People usually don't value good people, they use them

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Smoketight(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
I don't understand this op, at first you were making sense until u Came with the God talk angry
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by jaxxy(m): 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2022
LikeAking:

Thats the rule of life. The good wiil die the bad will survive.

Always remember you are in a bad world.

The moment you show ur good side they will assume you are stupid.

Follow this simple rule and you will be fine= Be good and bad when necessary.

Always watch out for red flags in your next relationship.

The easiest red flags are irrelevant/manipulative complains by your partner. Its the beginning of your disrespect in a relationship.

Tell your partner to keep quiet, he or she has no right to judge you and that should be the first and last time.

I will suggest you end the relationship at this stage.

The toxic ones will still try to to manipulate and disrespect later, continue giving them the previous treatment foreever.

It’s not about being good or bad bt how exposed or knowledgeable u are about what’s going on around u.

The outcomes in life are mostly products of ur knowledge at the time.

I know hard/bad guys who have gone because of sheer stupidity and same with good guys.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by iamL(f): 12:57pm On Feb 20, 2022
pharmaking:
Yeah after some horrible experiences, I have learnt not to trust anyone again.My last experience was when I tried to help a poor family I met in church.The woman was running around just to get my number, only to discover that the wife of the man was wishing that I become jobless begger like them.One may ask, how did you find out, another person revealed all she said about me to me and warned me to beware.
That encounter changed my experience forever.I don't trust my wife, not even my mother.I am still testing some of my siblings. One of them already failed the test.
Surprisingly, i still feel that urge to help others but won't go overboard for anyone again.
As for friends and colleagues, these are the worst set of people.At the moment I care very less about others.
Carry ya cross.When you have a good heart, others call u stupid.

You don't trust your wife, mother and still testing your siblings. Oga it must have been very hard.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by 2braithe: 1:00pm On Feb 20, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Yes. Yes. Yes.

You are right.

If everyone can be like me...fine. I am very loving and everyone I meet, I am very polite. When I see you are meek, I try to go on your level...supportive, loving, caring, and quiet. Cos I know that is you. It doesn't mean I won't groove with my other friends who jump around. But I won't jump around with those ones too. I know my stand. No one can force me to do what I don't want to. I pity men who smoke and drink cos of their friends. [b] And I pity ladies who keep giving birth after two surgical operations cos their useless husbands want it raw. [/b]Also, some women are just unnecessarily quiet. When I meet a mad fellow, hehehhee. I knew how to treat such a person. See, that madness will catch fire. Who born am well? I will deal with the person in a very civilized manner that in his/her life, hmmm. That fellow will take off anytime he/she sees me.

You call someone's husband useless just because he impregnated his own wife.Wife that he paid her bride price.

Some Nairalanders are amazing.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by iamL(f): 1:01pm On Feb 20, 2022
ednut1:
if you had sex in your relationship don’t mention God again

1 million likes for this comments.

You can't disobey God and yet expect him to bless that disobedience.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by 2braithe: 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
teejay29:
This life is binary

No oh it is octal.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by joe120120(m): 1:04pm On Feb 20, 2022
Mystery of life

Liyastitches:
From my point of view, it is because they are gullible most of the time,they tend to trust easily and overlook the hand writing on the wall.

It's also a test from God to know if your 'good heart' can stand the test of time, because good
attitude attract both good and bad, but never give up doing good, if those you are doing good to does not deserve it.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Onyenna(m): 1:05pm On Feb 20, 2022
midolian:
No! They are not gullible. There are just too many opportunists out there

Gbam!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by pansophist(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
Agp19:
lol if you broke then people like us broke, scatter com pieces join.

Haaa, na competition? I'll give you an example how I broke reach.

If I walk by a bank jejely, the security alarm goes on. I no enter o, I just de pass. My presence de start alarm. Your situation worse reach like this ? grin

Do giveaway na, abeg.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by drightguy(m): 1:09pm On Feb 20, 2022
Because they turn out to become a simp. Simp aren't lucky in relationship. It's like giving a fish to a rat and not wanting it to eat it. It's better not to give the fish at all and be safe. Many rats out there, if it doesn't work out move on.
No point mentioning in "unlucky", we ain't on page and that is it.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Onyenna(m): 1:10pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lucrativress:

The reason why you're using the word "unlucky" is cause you're way more emotional
Being practical would have said "he wasn't as good as I am or we're just not on the same page"
In no ground are you unlucky, you just used more of your heart than your head in deciphering him being good for you,he was just what he was from the beginning, you just didn't see it,Pele dear.

Well said nne......
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Adakintroy: 1:12pm On Feb 20, 2022
People with good hearts are not "always" unfortunate in relationship. Although They are sometimes" On the flipside, people with bad heart or not so good hearts are the ones "mostly" unfortunate in relationship.

Know how the truth is position. You will see the right answer easily.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Dubs(m): 1:14pm On Feb 20, 2022
Cuz it is written ni.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Bostin(m): 1:18pm On Feb 20, 2022
I had being trying to be someone else but the real person in me keeps coming out . I'm so emotional but I got betrayed most time.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Assimajoy: 1:19pm On Feb 20, 2022
Hello guys,

I'm working on cars market research for school and I would be grateful if you could use 15 minutes of your time to fill out this survey.
Here's the link below
https://forms.gle/4N3Xq3bJzVMxKb5j7
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by voltront: 1:21pm On Feb 20, 2022
Everybody thinks he/she has a good heart.

Some people are just unlucky in relationships PERIOD!.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by jimtemi1: 1:27pm On Feb 20, 2022
Most people with good heart always fell victim,that the law of nature..in the forest good trees are cut down, while those with torns are left to out leave the good ones...be that as it may,always pray because it work wonders
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by alexmakaay(m): 1:31pm On Feb 20, 2022
Lucrativress:

Laws that were made by man to suit his predicament.
When it comes to human dealings, they're more complex, it's not xyz
Those laws are less practical,even science said the humans mind can't be overly predicted, the best one can be is being as practical as possible.
Karma ko karma sutra ni,karma to me is more of time and chance, you can trigger karma to happen by working it to happen.
Let's imagine a man got drenched in mud water by his neighbour's SUV,then he sulks and wait for karma, yinmu,karma ko Calmag ni,if he doesn't work towards buying a sport's car or maybe AUDII,something bigger or faster so he can splash on his neighbour's car, he'll dream on cause probability of his Rich neighbor going poor without a car is .5

Sis.. Law of karma is a human attempt to describe the natural principles of the universe, it is not far from from law of gravity. It is never to suit their predicament. Aside that, your submissions is simply your view or another attempt to describe the same law of karma albeit unknowingly.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by sowilli: 1:32pm On Feb 20, 2022
Liyastitches:

because this world is evil and there are many wicked people out there . This is why you need the holyspirit so you don’t judge by sight.
Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Farfalla(f): 1:33pm On Feb 20, 2022
Beloved03:

I have had that advice for my female counterparts for years - when you are ready to settle down be sure to find a 'good' man. Because only a good man will not cheat, not shy away from commitment and responsibility, not abuse you verbally or physically.
A good man will always seek to communicate and treat you with respect.
And even when if you have to separate due to growing apart and incompatibly (sexual, religious, values etc) it will be almost amicably. You won't have to leave the relationship with scars or emotional wounds as many situation are.

Make I differ small.

It is the "good" men who leave scars and emotional wounds because they usually betray you after passing off as reliable. When women are around playboys, they guard their hearts, but almost always lose their guard when around these so-called good men. These "decent" men are not usually obsessed about living a life of excitement, so many women tend to think that they're a safer option. But that right there is the mistake they make. Ask anyone walking around with emotional scars. 90% of the time, their trauma wasn't caused by "bad" people. They were caused by people they thought they were safe with. The betrayal will usually be deeper because it came from an unexpected source - the good man. When the good man chooses to strike, you'll never see it coming. He'll snap and chew you into pieces before you even ask, "what's going on?"

"Good" men don't shy away from commitment, but that's because it's a strategy they use to earn your trust. They're the ones who dangle marriage and commitment within 3 hours of your meeting. Within 48 hours, you'll be introduced to his mother and sisters. And within 74 hours his parish priest knows you. In your head you are thinking, "wow, this man knows what he wants!". What you don't know is that, while he's pursuing a commitment with you, he's in the process of ghosting another lady who 3 months ago had been introduced to his family.

This is where I also differ with you. These "nice" men don't break up amicably. They do not have the liver to break up with anyone face-to-face. They have zero balls. Zero testicles. They cannot hold difficult conversations (not even in the boardroom). Usually they just ghost the lady by not picking her calls, not replying her messages, and expect her to "get the memo". That's where a ladies man beats them hands down.

That ladies man, that one who flirts with every girl, but refuses to settle down will never make promises, and when a situationship or entanglement with him is not working out anymore he'll break up with the lady intelligently. They never burn bridges. "Good" men do.

All things considered, whether the man is your definition of a good man or otherwise, expect the best, but prepare for the worst.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship by Hassanmaye(m): 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2022
Seniorwriter:

They are mostly unlucky because they have a very low Emotional Quotient...

@Seniorwriter
Wow what a very great correct answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lady Blasts Gift Erhabor Mamus, Her Husband's Side Chick In A Facebook Video / The Kinds Of Girls An Hustling Nigerian Guy Needs In His Life / Most Beautiful Ladies In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.