Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,413 members, 7,958,215 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:49 AM

What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today (50491 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Aganju849: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?

Eko! Eko! Eko!

Ma f'owó e d'óbò ti 'ò gbó! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by franksam209: 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Is that all? angry
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by hakeem4(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?
eko is majorly Lagos island
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by msmon(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko is island.
There rest of Lagos is Lagos mainland!
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by nihinlade(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko is idumota/island part of Lagos.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Nastydroid(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
You for enter the bus to clear your curiosity
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by talk2hb1(m): 8:16am On Jul 13, 2021
New Inductee
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by SmartPolician: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
Lagos is a mad place, bro. Many Lagosians are mad, but they don't even know. The yellow bus conductors are some of the worst in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by aspabay(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
Lagos , Ikeja.

Eko is Island
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by kentochi(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
Lagos inside Lagos na so
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by 9japunter: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
It’s Lagos as in the City, not the state. Same way you have the tiny New York city and the State of New York that’s actually bigger than Whole of South-West Nigeria combined.

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by livinbygrace: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
There many Lagos inside Lagos.
Lagos island,dominated by Aworis
And Lagos mainland dominated by other settlers.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ryloy: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
dxdiag:
Lol

1. When you are outside Lagos State, Eko =Lagos State=Lagos
2. When you are inside Lagos State, Eko=Lagos Island.

4 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Echowas: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.
hahahhahha
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Siwisheswereesh: 8:20am On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Eko means Island

Eko means Lagos. Lagos Island is actually called Lagos.

Only people unfamiliar with Lagos refer to Lagos Island as Island or 'the Island'. Rubbish!

We have Broad street, Lagos

Martins street, Lagos

Breadfruit street, Lagos

etc etc

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by edunaragold(f): 8:20am On Jul 13, 2021
Omo this guy na johnny just come,the conductor is going to eko/idumota ,as in the main Lagos ,na god save u,u for just lost, kia if u are not from Lagos u won't understand.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Rexnegro(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2021
LordVoldermort:
So life in Lagos island is hard? I always thought it was the other way round
Tho not the v.i , lekki 1 and 2 , vgc ajah side ...

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by dhtml6(m): 8:21am On Jul 13, 2021
This was how they snatched the phone of one babe in my front some weeks ago from a moving BRT bus. The thing choke o, we chase the bus but the thief still escaped when an accident happened on the other side of the bridge to distract us.

When I saw this thread, first thing that came to my mind was that - maybe someone has been robbed again

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Siwisheswereesh: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2021
msmon:
Eko is island.
There rest of Lagos is Lagos mainland!

Lagos mainland is just the name of a local government in Lagos with Yaba as its headquarters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by edunaragold(f): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2021
Na were u dey even go self
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by forgiveness: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2021
So many people can’t differentiate Lagos city which comprises of Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Surulere, Yaba etc from Lagos State which comprises of many cities and towns in Lagos State such as Lagos city, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ojo Town, Badagry, Epe, Lekki etc.

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Olodo24: 8:22am On Jul 13, 2021
Mowoe:
The thread title sef, I think say them been don thief your phone.
grin
Aswear. Fear grip me

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by DonOsita(m): 8:25am On Jul 13, 2021
Are you new in Lagos bro
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Iyasaburi: 8:26am On Jul 13, 2021
Laugh wan tear my boxer o! Very funny. I understand your dilemma (Lagos in Lagos). In Lagos State, when you hear eko, it means idumota in Lagos Island to be pricise.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Juliearth(f): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

LOL!! Lagos is like a mystery to me. Maybe it should be an elective in our higher institutions. Hope you got to your destination though?
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Elliotwaveforec: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2021
That part of Lagos na village; the real Lagos state na the Mainland, where people plenty like sand.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Juliearth(f): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Eko means Lagos Island,Idumota, Obalende, Tinubu square and co....

Interesting!
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by realstars: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Ed6 no be lagos,
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Remimadrid1: 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

That's Lagos island and it's the real Lagos sef . Obalende , idumota, marina, cms, makoko, Isale eko and many more. That's the real Lagos and where the British first settled before they started expanding to the mainland. Life in Lagos island is far tougher and rougher than what you can ever experience in oshodi and mushin combined. You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.

Makoko is not in Lagos island, it is close to Ebute-Metta which is on the mainland.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Car On Highway With A Rear Tyre Missing (Photos) / Some Pictures Of Abakaliki At Night / Container Crushes A Toyota Camry In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.