Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today (49999 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by majamajic(m): 8:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?

The conductor mean Lagos Island

One day I was going to ikorodu from Jibowu , I was hearing Ketu ,Ojota , Palmgrove, Kodu ooo . I wait tire, I didn't here ikorodu
Not knowing Kodu ooo means Ikorodu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Styluss: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?
lol.. I felt just like you the first time.. I was in Ajah and I saw conductors shouting eko eko eko... I amazed ...like ... Are we not in Lagos grin had to ask my cousin and he told me where I was is just a suburb of Lagos... Lagos is idumota and the islands.. that's the origin of Lagos. Others like abule egba oshodi and co are suborbs

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Rilley(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2021
Lagos island
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by OgahBohz: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2021
jidxin:
story story..............normal old stories we have been hearing over and over......bro this did not happen to u jare....normal its either dey call Adeniji Eko or Eko Idumota etc.....
God bless u, i thibk say na only me de reason am ha, i kon de wonder weda no be aame oshodi wey i de pass everyday..

U cant ever hear any agbero say lagos lagos..
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by eagleonearth(m): 8:32am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

Lagos is a City consisting of two hemispheres: Lagos Island and Lagos Mainland. Anytime you hear Lagos when you're already inside Lagos, just know the person is referring to Lagos Island(eko, idumota, CMS, obalende, ikoyi, VI, Lekki, Ajah) If you're driving it's also on the direction boards.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by rajiedreez: 8:33am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

omo ase
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by vicdon(m): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2021
jidxin:
story story..............normal old stories we have been hearing over and over......bro this did not happen to u jare....normal its either dey call Adeniji Eko or Eko Idumota etc.....

You don do conductor before?
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by OlawaleBammie: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

Ahahahahahah grin grin

Guy u don lost, four cardinal points don confuse u grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by LegalWolf: 8:36am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

That's Lagos island and it's the real Lagos sef . Obalende , idumota, marina, cms, makoko, Isale eko and many more. That's the real Lagos and where the British first settled before they started expanding to the mainland. Life in Lagos island is far tougher and rougher than what you can ever experience in oshodi and mushin combined. You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.

Brother, I am not disputing with you o that island guys are crazy. But those Mushin boys are something else

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by onatisi(m): 8:36am On Jul 13, 2021
very confusing , even despite all the explanations been given , i still cant get it fully
forgiveness:
So many people can’t differentiate Lagos city which comprises of Lagos Island, Victoria Island, Ikoyi, Surulere, Yaba etc from Lagos State which comprises of many cities and towns in Lagos State such as Lagos city, Ikeja, Ikorodu, Ojo Town, Badagry, Epe, Lekki etc.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by LegalWolf: 8:37am On Jul 13, 2021
jidxin:

It may be true. Sometimes they call Eko alone without any addition

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by onatisi(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2021
i can and willl never never live in lagos , lagos na wild place . it seems as if everyone there wants to prove to be crazier than his or her neighbor
dhtml6:
This was how they snatched the phone of one babe in my front some weeks ago from a moving BRT bus. The thing choke o, we chase the bus but the thief still escaped when an accident happened on the other side of the bridge to distract us.

When I saw this thread, first thing that came to my mind was that - maybe someone has been robbed again

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Kobicove(m): 8:39am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

JJC spotted! grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Quahl: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Lol... you go dey alright my gee!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by onatisi(m): 8:41am On Jul 13, 2021
the crazier you are in lagos , the more acceptable you are , if you are decent , and very respectful , you are automatically deemed a fool to be exploited .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by AfonjaConehead: 8:41am On Jul 13, 2021
Op simply in no man's land. grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Topmaike007(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2021
SageX1444:
If e happen for Lagos... grin
make he dey inside the Lagos(Runtown voice)

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2021
Lols, you have to even cut off your ears and give some conductors inorder to understand what they are saying atimes........

OP...you own experience is a little of what I experienced when China Civil called me for work and said they have accomodation for me, I reached Berger, called the Chinese guy, he said no probs....I should be coming when I reach Ojota, I should call him, and that was past 6pm...

On reaching Ojota, I called the guy but he switched off his phone.....
..cheeeeii.. my first time in Lagos, I don't know anywhere...

To understand what the conductor was saying was a problem,even to ask people , no one trusts anyone, as people fear each other...lols
I had to calm Wella, put my ears on the conductor's mouth before I heard....
Osho..Osho..di ..Osho...I jumped inside the bus lols as I was told I can get a bus going to Ebute metta where their company is...

On reaching Oshodi, I called the guy, his number was still switched off ,...lols ...my first time in that Lagos ...

I stood on the road confused, had to start making calls immediately, some Agberos hearing what I was saying , started gathering, asking me where I was going, I entered a Keke , left the place , reached a distance , dropped, and started making my calls.....as I met another group of Agberos, I entered another Keke , left the place....

I found it hard to even ask anyone where I can get a hotel, I was just looking around to see if I can see a hotel.... so no need but to call my people staying in Lagos...

Thanks to my Uncle who came to my rescue...
He laughed the hell out of mewhen he saw me on confusion..

The following day I matched to that China Civil, only to hear that they are to pay #25k to graduates then....

Mad set of people...I complained about what they did to me , they argued it and I left there so angry ..

Lagos State is where you must keep on moving as a JJC, especially when you come in the night

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by BizTrust: 8:43am On Jul 13, 2021
Hope you didn't lost , welcome to Lagos . Eko is Lagos Island
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by oneunited(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

Lol, there is Lagos inside Lagos. That place is called Lagos Island(eko in Yoruba).

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by masterflowx(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2021
majamajic:

The conductor mean Lagos Island

One day I was going to ikorodu from Jibowu , I was hearing Ketu ,Ojota , Palmgrove, Kodu ooo . I wait tire, I didn't here ikorodu
Not knowing Kodu ooo means Ikorodu

The conductor will be like: Ketu, Ojota, Owode, Ajegunle, Ikodu ooo
Lol!
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by bankylan: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko is Lagos Downtown.

Dogasas:

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by twinstaiye(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2021
Reminds me of my first visit to Lagos, in the company of others who are used to Lagos, my first experience with Molue was hilarious. We are going to Ikeja having disembark from Railway station since we are coming from Ilorin. Then the conductor was shouting Kosret, Kosret. That is how I and my guy enter, curiously, I had to ask them why we have to board that vehicle because where the guy was calling isnt our route. They told me what he meant was Eko Straight, Eko straight, that is Lagos Island. They told me Lagos conductor doesnt have time to pronounce all the words.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by fredoooooo: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Eko means Lagos Island,Idumota, Obalende, Tinubu square and co....
Ko mo eyo grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Highter1(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

SO...how did u now get to where u are going in the end?
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Codeye(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2021
Missed Lagos
Ilorin boring and queit but things are cheap
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by fredoooooo: 8:57am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko is Eko, Lagos is Lagos , una no go understand grin cheesy grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Codeye(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2021
twinstaiye:
Reminds me of my first visit to Lagos, in the company of others who are used to Lagos, my first experience with Molue was hilarious. We are going to Ikeja having disembark from Railway since we are coming from Ilorin. Then the conductor was shouting Kosrate, Kosrate. That is how I and my guy enter, curiously, I had to ask them why we have to board that vehicle because where the guy was calling isnt our route. They told me what he meant was Eko Straight, Eko straight, that is Lagos Island. They told me Lagos conductor doesnt have time to pronounce all the words.
No time to check time Eko
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by fredoooooo: 8:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Lifestone:
Oshodi where you were is in Lagos State while Lagos Island is Lagos as a City. So places like Mushin, ikorodu, Ikotun etc are all in Lagos State but not part of Lagos city and they all have their distinct traditional rulers.
They're all ara oke , omo Nna and Abo*kis grin grin cheesy grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Hienna1: 9:00am On Jul 13, 2021
You will be in Ibadan and still board a taxi going to Ibadan
You will be in Lagos and still board a taxi going to Lagos
You will be in ondo and still board a taxi going to Ondo...
That's how it is here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SUV Reverses, Climbs Over Honda On Acme Road, Ikeja Lagos (Photos, Video) / My Experience At Inagbe Grand Resorts & Leisure Lagos (pictures Included) / Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.