Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,337 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:37 AM

What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today (50001 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by barcaboi(m): 9:01am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?

That’s Lagos island he meant.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by CasNova: 9:04am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko re, bobo, Eko re e o.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by phemmyfour: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?
Eko means Island or Lagos Island.

Lagos got its name from "lagoon" on the island

Lagoon on the island = Lagos Island = Eko

Same way Nigeria was named after river Niger
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by kelmicheal: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2021
Op this one no be topic abeg next time when you enter Lagos as a jjc don't asked any how question wen no concern u if not bad guys fit corner you chop u mugu if they noticed u are a visitor

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Darkblood: 9:08am On Jul 13, 2021
Damn Niggarrr
Issoraite
Exactly.
The poster is just lying
jidxin:
story story..............normal old stories we have been hearing over and over......bro this did not happen to u jare....normal its either dey call Adeniji Eko or Eko Idumota etc.....
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Midastorch(m): 9:12am On Jul 13, 2021
jidxin:
story story..............normal old stories we have been hearing over and over......bro this did not happen to u jare....normal its either dey call Adeniji Eko or Eko Idumota etc.....

Oshay Lagos boy confirmed!!!!!!! It's usually "Eko'dumota Eko...Eko Eko Eko Eko...Adeniji Eko".. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Na so he bii Eko in Lagos...but I prefer to name it Islandgrin

For NY I don see metro bus specifically going to Newyork...

I was like sis are we not in NY again? Why is this bus going to Newyork? Which other Newyork dey?... She said Newyork is the state while Newyork City is just another city in NY....
that's it NY is just like Lagos,mad city mad people.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by zudozz: 9:14am On Jul 13, 2021
Same thing happened to me so many, several times when I just come ... grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Walkee: 9:21am On Jul 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Lagos Island is known as Eko. Lagos was culled from the word Lagoon( the ocean) and Lagoon( also popularity called Omi Òsà in Yoruba) is visibly seen on Lagos Island ( Eko Idumota and environs). Lagos Island was actually where Lagos originated from.
Eko and Idumota sound more like Esan names and lekki too.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by milkywaves(m): 9:22am On Jul 13, 2021
This is Lagos!!! My brother, shine your eyes....
Contact us for your Business Plans (08099101941). Watsap only.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by NewDelhi(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2021
Marvieduke:
The OP na JJC him no know Lagos at all.
Didn't you hear where he said he's Abuja based? Why are you people like this.

4 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Reference(m): 9:23am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

Most folks responding cannot read between the lines.
As a foreigner, an alien, a tourist, Nigeria is not an easy place to live.
The places should become more accessible and the people more attractive.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by philemonemenike(m): 9:24am On Jul 13, 2021
Man make l clear you Lagos inside Lagos dey dat oshodi you dey nah mainland why eko Lagos you dey hear nah island you see the difference Johnny just come
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by BigDawsNet: 9:26am On Jul 13, 2021
Volkswagen90:
that's it NY is just like Lagos,mad city mad people.

For real bro...just 2% population is normal in NY grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by wunmi590(m): 9:27am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

That's Lagos island and it's the real Lagos sef . Obalende , idumota, marina, cms, makoko, Isale eko and many more. That's the real Lagos and where the British first settled before they started expanding to the mainland. Life in Lagos island is far tougher and rougher than what you can ever experience in oshodi and mushin combined. You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.

Lol, you are a big clown for your assertion on islanders cheesy

I have been on the island for years now, my fathers family house is in obalende/ikoyi, and my mother's family house is at Harley around city mall side..

We have alot of cool headed magicians and you will even begin to wonder if they ever came from island, example is me...

It depend on the up bringing of the child wink
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by emonis88: 9:30am On Jul 13, 2021
Na wa o!! Me sef surprise.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Acidosis(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2021
msmon:
Eko is island.
There rest of Lagos is Lagos mainland!

Even this mainland talk can confuse a stranger.

Lagos Mainland is a local government area in Lagos state (Yaba area).

Everyone uses the word "Mainland" to describe any area outside Lagos Island but the state does not recognize such.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by NewDelhi(m): 9:32am On Jul 13, 2021
wunmi590:

Lol, you are a big clown for your assertion on islanders cheesy

I have been on the island for years now, my fathers family house is in obalende/ikoyi, and my mother's family house is at Harley around city mall side..

We have alot of cool headed magicians and you will even begin to wonder if they ever came from island, example is me...

It depend on the up bringing of the child wink
Just like there's Lagos and there's Lagos, there's island and there's island. Go Isale eko or even idumota and not the ikoyi you are.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by moneyissweet(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2021
You dey Lagos, but you never reach eko Lagos island bro.

You need to enter Lagos island to see things for yourself.

Dogasas:

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by hohafrank(m): 9:38am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

That use to be my thought those days when I was in Surulere until I was clarify that Lagos Island is Lagos
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by HitlerGaddafi: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2021
jidxin:
You're wrong. The story might be true and that's because I've heard it severally from those agbero. Most especially at berger. Most time they call eko without adding anything. And if you ask someone who looks like he understands English where the bus is going, he'll tell you Lagos. The guy might not be lying.

Cc LegalWolf OgahBohz Darkblood Midastorch

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by mapet: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

JJC.... and you even came to NL to showcase your JJC? Haba!
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by yetunsbay(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2021
Welcome to Lagos. Land of Knowledge and Wiseness
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by IFSHR: 9:58am On Jul 13, 2021
This one the OP is not replying again....I hope dem never show am the Lagos in Lagos state . grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Jonwesley(m): 9:59am On Jul 13, 2021
Obviously you are a stranger to Lagos.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Workch: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2021
Lagos is Lagos Island, Ikoyi and Victoria island.

The remaining parts are not part of core Lagos, they are just part of Lagos state. Just like Ondo in Ondo state, Akure is not part of Ondo.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by techWriter2: 10:06am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko means Lagos Island Idumota Obalende Tinubu plaza and co
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by enyen(m): 10:11am On Jul 13, 2021
the crazier you are in lagos , the more acceptable you are , if you are decent , and very respectful , you are automatically deemed a fool to be exploited

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by overboard(m): 10:17am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

My belle ooo grin grin grin
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by realray(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2021
And plz my brother be careful and I pray God will continue to protect you....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SUV Reverses, Climbs Over Honda On Acme Road, Ikeja Lagos (Photos, Video) / Accident Along Abaji-Lokoja Highway, 16 People Burnt To Death (Graphic Pix) / My Experience At Inagbe Grand Resorts & Leisure Lagos (pictures Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.