Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,030 members, 7,953,089 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:35 AM

What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today (50446 Views)

See How Close Roadside Traders Are To The Railway Tracks In Oshodi (video) / Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Rams Into A Bus In Oshodi (Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Hassanmaye(m): 10:19am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

That's Lagos island and it's the real Lagos sef . Obalende , idumota, marina, cms, makoko, Isale eko and many more. That's the real Lagos and where the British first settled before they started expanding to the mainland. Life in Lagos island is far tougher and rougher than what you can ever experience in oshodi and mushin combined. You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.
Gahahha
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by THURAFTERNOON: 10:26am On Jul 13, 2021
Wey I been think say those under bridge boys obtain you...

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Benzemma(m): 10:26am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?

Guy you be J J C ni.
You don't know we have Lagos inside Lagos, which is Idumota!
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by rita25(f): 10:27am On Jul 13, 2021
OP YOU GET LUCK SAY NA NAIRALAND U COME DEY ASK THIS JJC QUESTION IF U ASK AGBERO OMO U DON ENTER BABA SHRINE BE THAT...IN LAGOS SHINE YOUR EYEZ NO DULLING EVEN IF U NO KNOW SHOW SAY U KNOW.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by toba1909(m): 10:28am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:
I am based in Abuja but come to Lagos State once in a while. Now because of my unfamiliarity with Lagos roads, I decided to use public transport this morning.

I was at one of the Oshodi parks when I started hearing "eko" "eko" "eko". I moved closer to the conductor to ask where the bus was going and with a sachet of dry gin in his mouth, he harshly said "Lagos". That wasn't my destination but as I was looking for a bus going to my destination, I kept pondering, no be the same Lagos we dey abi is there another Lagos in Lagos?

��������

So you don't know that Eko wa ninu Eko?
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by wunmi590(m): 10:29am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:

Just like there's Lagos and there's Lagos, there's island and there's island. Go Isale eko or even idumota and not the ikoyi you are.

Lol, as I speak, I stay around patty close to idumota, mums family house...

Though you are not far from the truth, but we still have numbers of them that are cool..

Enjoy the test of the day
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by professore(m): 10:40am On Jul 13, 2021
I am just knowing about Lagos
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Bishop(m): 10:45am On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Eko means Lagos Island,Idumota, Obalende, Tinubu square and co....

O ti meyo
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Olorirenimi1(f): 10:56am On Jul 13, 2021
OMO ÁSE ��
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 11:02am On Jul 13, 2021
Monogamy:

Eko means Lagos Island,Idumota, Obalende, Tinubu square and co....
are you a current tout, former Tout, or hoodlum upgraded by mc oluoma to continue tinubu media war defence on Nairaland ?
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by vikgreen01(m): 11:13am On Jul 13, 2021
During my youth service in ikorodu lagos last year, during weekends my landlord will come Nd declare he’s traveling to Lagos then I will b wondering are we not in Lagos which one is traveling again..

3 Likes

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ceejay80s(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2021
JJC
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by haryomikun(m): 11:22am On Jul 13, 2021
LordVoldermort:
So life in Lagos island is hard? I always thought it was the other way round
Lagos island in this instance doesn’t refer to the whole of island. He’s referring to ‘eko’ as in the community. Don’t mind Lagosians, they like to get people confused about it and don’t make distinctions.

Lekki, Ajah, VI and other parts of the island live soft lives.

1 Like

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ikorodureporta: 11:23am On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Hallabee1(m): 11:23am On Jul 13, 2021
AJE...

YOU BE JJC AND THANK GOD SAY OSHODI DON BETER, DEM FOR SOCK YOU DRY AND EVEN COLLECT YOUR BOXER JOIN AM
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by haryomikun(m): 11:24am On Jul 13, 2021
NewDelhi:
. Life in Lagos island is far tougher and rougher than what you can ever experience in oshodi and mushin combined. You get to see all kinds of hardened faces whoo look like they're looking for the next person to murder.

Please don’t include Mushin grin Niggas for Mushin no get joy at all
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by ikorodureporta: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2021
That eko sef no be cms...you go surprise where you go see yourself cheesy
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by iamclime(m): 11:27am On Jul 13, 2021
Eriokanmi:
Lagos Island is known as Eko. Lagos was culled from the word Lagoon( the ocean) and Lagoon( also popularity called Omi Òsà in Yoruba) is visibly seen on Lagos Island ( Eko Idumota and environs). Lagos Island was actually where Lagos originated from.
And there's also a Lagos in Portugal
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Nisiw365: 11:30am On Jul 13, 2021
iamclime:

Because Lagos Nigeria got its name from Portuguese Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Darkblood: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2021
I agree, I didn't think of this, u re correct
HitlerGaddafi:

You're wrong. The story might be true and that's because I've heard it severally from those agbero. Most especially at berger. Most time they call eko without adding anything. And if you ask someone who looks like he understands English where the bus is going, he'll tell you Lagos. The guy might not be lying.

Cc LegalWolf OgahBohz Darkblood Midastorch
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Femeto: 11:44am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko dey inside Eko.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by chrisvic007: 11:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Eko is Lagos island where we have Eyo festival. Oo d'eko, oo m'eyo.

Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Eriokanmi: 12:01pm On Jul 13, 2021
iamclime:

yea. It's actually a Portuguese language meaning ocean
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Nnamaka1: 12:04pm On Jul 13, 2021
Dogasas:

See JJC
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by PacAmaru: 12:21pm On Jul 13, 2021
Na Lagos people full this thread,mah comot
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Zakiushenry: 1:03pm On Jul 13, 2021
Nothing special here, is just like going to ondo state and there is still another ondo city
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by andyblinks05: 1:52pm On Jul 13, 2021
ArcSEMPECJ:
Lols, you have to even cut off your ears and give some conductors inorder to understand what they are saying atimes........

OP...you own experience is a little of what I experienced when China Civil called me for work and said they have accomodation for me, I reached Berger, called the Chinese guy, he said no probs....I should be coming when I reach Ojota, I should call him, and that was past 6pm...

On reaching Ojota, I called the guy but he switched off his phone.....
..cheeeeii.. my first time in Lagos, I don't know anywhere...

To understand what the conductor was saying was a problem,even to ask people , no one trusts anyone, as people fear each other...lols
I had to calm Wella, put my ears on the conductor's mouth before I heard....
Osho..Osho..di ..Osho...I jumped inside the bus lols as I was told I can get a bus going to Ebute metta where their company is...

On reaching Oshodi, I called the guy, his number was still switched off ,...lols ...my first time in that Lagos ...

I stood on the road confused, had to start making calls immediately, some Agberos hearing what I was saying , started gathering, asking me where I was going, I entered a Keke , left the place , reached a distance , dropped, and started making my calls.....as I met another group of Agberos, I entered another Keke , left the place....

I found it hard to even ask anyone where I can get a hotel, I was just looking around to see if I can see a hotel.... so no need but to call my people staying in Lagos...

Thanks to my Uncle who came to my rescue...
He laughed the hell out of mewhen he saw me on confusion..

The following day I matched to that China Civil, only to hear that they are to pay #25k to graduates then....

Mad set of people...I complained about what they did to me , they argued it and I left there so angry ..

Lagos State is where you must keep on moving as a JJC, especially when you come in the night
Omo why you no bon face ask the abegros
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by forgiveness: 2:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
onatisi:
very confusing , even despite all the explanations been given , i still cant get it fully

Very straight forward for a Lagosian. If you can differentiate Kaduna city from Zaria another town in Kaduna State.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by yuping(m): 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2021
Yes my guy, truelly JJC.
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Bolaji1996: 3:53pm On Jul 13, 2021
Just like when you are in Ibadan and you are hearing drivers shouting Oyo Oyo
Re: What I Witnessed In Oshodi Today by Dogasas: 4:06pm On Jul 13, 2021
incogni2o:
See JJC grin

Lagos Island, Idumota
Ceenachi:
Dis one just enter Lagos grin grin

Ogbeni Eko means island
Marvieduke:
The OP na JJC him no know Lagos at all.
edunaragold:
Omo this guy na johnny just come,the conductor is going to eko/idumota ,as in the main Lagos ,na god save u,u for just lost, kia if u are not from Lagos u won't understand.
Kobicove:

JJC spotted! grin
Reference:

Most folks responding cannot read between the lines.
As a foreigner, an alien, a tourist, Nigeria is not an easy place to live.
The places should become more accessible and the people more attractive.
mapet:

JJC.... and you even came to NL to showcase your JJC? Haba!
ceejay80s:
JJC
yuping:
Yes my guy, truelly JJC.

Shame on you all. Well I'm not surprised, a typical Nigerian barely reads.
Didn't you read the part I said I'm Abuja based? And it's normal to be a JJC okay same way you go turn jjc if you enter Abuja coz dem fit obtain you for nothing. Even if you enter maiduguri, u be jjc for there coz you no know where to go and where not to go. So pls keep your opinion to yourself

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Dies In Auto Crash 5 Days After Her Wedding (Photos) / Sallah Day Boat Mishap At Apapa: Many Dead / NAF Acquires Super Tucano Aircraft (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.