Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria (6491 Views)

Igbos Are The 4th Largest Tribe In Nigeria. See Why. / ‘Egbira’ Finally Gazetted As Common Name For An Ethnic Group / Meet Wodaabe Men, A Fulani Ethnic Group Who Make-up For Easy Marriage, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by richmond500: 8:22am On Jul 15, 2021
LukasPodolski:

They are not the most populous in SS either.

Using 2006 census.
Akwa ibom 3million (of which about 2million are Ibibio)

Rivers 5million (of which at least 2million are ijaw)

Bayelsa 1.7million (of which at least 1.3million are ijaw)

Delta, Ondo has indigenous ijaw.

Ibibios can only be found in Akwa ibom (at 2million)

Basically the population of ijaw in rivers and Bayelsa +Delta is quite larger than ibibio
do u even understand my statement? I said Ijaw is the most populous in SS region, u went ahead to say how they are not the most populous then gave statistics showing they are the most populous
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by murphyibiam15(m): 8:27am On Jul 15, 2021
oluztx:
Yorubas and Northerners call them Calabar because they don't them very well, have never known them, all because of One Nigeria oil they pretend we know each other. But Igbos know them very well as neighbors even without them saying a damn word, we can tell you whether they are Ibibio, Efik, Annang or Ika(Igbo).

Do you know you can identify an Ibibio from Annang and Efik? Ibibio look very much like Igbos than Ananng and Efik. They have flat heads light Igbos, muscular, yam legs and light skin too. The light skin you see in Akwa-Cross Axis are mostly Ibibio. Annag and Efik are 95% dark skin like Gov Ayade, while Ibibio share the same makeup of light skin as Igbos, about 30-40%. That's why Adekunle went to Ibibioland and killed over half a million young men. When asked why he massacred them? He said Ibibio and Igbo are one and the same people. Hope you learned something today

How Benjamin Adekunle Murdered 28 Ibibio Leaders And Buried Them In Mass Grave
https://www.nairaland.com/4024724/how-benjamin-adekunle-murdered-28
Your whole write up is false as soon as you mentioned ayade as Efik, he's not efik he's from Northern Cross River

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Imolastborn99: 8:29am On Jul 15, 2021
I only know in the SE, after Igbos Ibibio is next
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by mancoconut: 8:32am On Jul 15, 2021
SaintBishop:
Oga do you even know what you are talking about?

Abua
Andoni
Bonny
some parts of Ahoada
Degema
Engenni
Nkoro
Odual
Opobo
Kalabari
And
Okrika
are all ijaw clans in Rivers state, yet you think that ijaws are a miniority in Rivers state. oboy your head they touch.

GTFOH, look at this delusional idiot, Ijaws are creek dwelling migrants in Rivers state, your only homogeneous homeland is Bayelsa.

5 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Mfetenang: 8:35am On Jul 15, 2021
kollinzgee:
Any big city you go to Nigeria especially in the south after the original indigenes the next biggest tribe you will see are the Igbos after igbos are the ibibios or we prefer to call them calabars. Do you notice this too?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Mfetenang: 8:38am On Jul 15, 2021
No,Ibibios are the Third Largest Tribe in Nigeria after Hausa and Yoruba .
The Igbos are fourth.
Biafra people can cry about my post if they like,I don't care.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by LukasPodolski: 8:39am On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
do u even understand my statement? I said Ijaw is the most populous in SS region, u went ahead to say how they are not the most populous then gave statistics showing they are the most populous
Hahaha, my bad..

Thought you said Ibibio are the largest SS
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Xbobtage: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2021
LukasPodolski:

Using 2006 census.

Basically the population of ijaw in rivers and Bayelsa +Delta is quite larger than ibibio

2 Million ijaw people inside Rivers state? ?? from which communities Nah Oga Sir? The total number of actual Ijoid people in rivers is way less than 600k. If ijaw is 2 million how many Million Ikwerre do we have? Remember than out state s more non indigenes than indigenes. That population census was a total number of people resident in the state without state of origin. More than half the people living in rivers state are not from rivers state.

Even the 5 million massively under represents the total number of people in Rivers State, A lot of igbo people were refusing to be counted, saying they werent nigerians, which i think was one of the dumbest things i have witnessed. Heard they were doing this in the South East as well, Now fast forward to the future and Nigerians are massively understating the population of igbo people, to their detriment.

Election dem no go gree go vote, they are more interested in their business, Population census, dem no gree make them count them, and still these people remain in Nigeria, being disrecpected

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by isokomarine: 8:48am On Jul 15, 2021
LukasPodolski:

Yes from my experience, there are more Hausas than Igbos in Lagos, just that the Hausas lives in group, the Okada hustle alone is enough to tell.

most of you have not leave your village to your state capital talk more of lagos
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Elock1: 9:03am On Jul 15, 2021
oluztx:

Yoruba man, the problem with you people is you don't know Eastern people, you stay in yorubaland and asking why Oron, Ibibio and Annang will not accept to be one. Why do you wan them to be one? Are they the same? Do you know that Ibibio share more in common with Igbos than Oron and Annang? Useless One Nigeria dividing and joining people left and right anyhow.
I dy laugh you.. If you think everything Is Yoruba.. I'm just stating what I've seen.. I was born in calabar and I live in Akwaibom.. I didn't say it to divide anybody.

I'm just telling you the truth.. Why will you all say I'm Efik or I'm Ibibio or I'm oron when you all are the same (share same language and culture similarities) ... My point actually is for them to unite.. Maybe you didn't see the deeper message sir... I'm not dividing anybody trust me. If you've been seeing my post you will know my stance.

I just want all akwa/cross people to unite. If you live here you will see the subtle disdain amongst them. maybe you didn't get the message or I passed it wrongly sir..

But you guys should stop the yoruba accusation every now and then

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 9:08am On Jul 15, 2021
LukasPodolski:

Using 2006 census.

Ijaw can never be 2million in 5Million Rivers state. Where do you place the Ikwerres and Ogonis??

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by jamesversion: 9:13am On Jul 15, 2021
Graysons:
You have time to answer that clown

With all he listed, Ijaws can never make up 2million in 5Million Rivers state Population.

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by SaintBishop: 9:26am On Jul 15, 2021
mancoconut:

GTFOH, look at this delusional idiot, Ijaws are creek dwelling migrants in Rivers state, your only homogeneous homeland is Bayelsa.
The groups i mention are in their ancestry lands which is in Rivers state, they identified with their ijaw roots.
If you are not a uneducated,dumb baboon, from a worthless and good for nothing criminal tribe,you will know that those clans i mention are proud of their ijaw heritage and wants nothing to do with unwanted Okoro monkeys from israel grin

5 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Graysons: 9:33am On Jul 15, 2021
SaintBishop:
The groups i mention are in their ancestry lands which is in Rivers state, they identified with their ijaw roots.
If you are not a uneducated,dumb baboon, from a worthless and good for nothing criminal tribe,you will know that those clans i mention are proud of their ijaw heritage and wants nothing to do with unwanted Okoro monkeys from israel grin
And he's calling you the delusional one lol.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Graysons: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2021
jamesversion:

With all he listed, Ijaws can never make up 2million in 5Million Rivers state Population.
What do you know about Rivers state igbo man? Nothing lol.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by SaintBishop: 9:40am On Jul 15, 2021
Graysons:
And he's calling you the delusional one lol.
He's stooopid grin
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by KristaPretty(f): 9:41am On Jul 15, 2021
I've never met an Ibibio person in my entire existence.

2 Likes

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by RedboneSmith(m): 9:53am On Jul 15, 2021
kollinzgee:
Any big city you go to Nigeria especially in the south after the original indigenes the next biggest tribe you will see are the Igbos after igbos are the ibibios or we prefer to call them calabars. Do you notice this too?

No.
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2021
kollinzgee:
this is an ignorant post from dog brain....

Ijaw the 4th largest...
kanuri the 5th largest....
fulani the 6th largest..
ibibio the 7th largest...

does igbos found in every where make them larger than yoruba...

does fulanis found in every where make them the largest?

after eaten dog and drinking pami you will come and and be talking anyhow
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2021
LukasPodolski:
It's too early for this nonsense.

Firstly, from my experience in this Lagos so far, The Hausas are second most populous.

Fulani at 15million are the fourth, TIV, Ijaw, Nupe in that order
oga pls check well...you mistaken Ijaw population figure for fulani...
fulanis are 9million
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 4:59pm On Jul 15, 2021
kollinzgee:

Ijaws are not even up to 7 million what is the population of bayelsa and delta where they mostly reside i barely met an ijaws in Lagos and portrait court..
mumu what males one to travel is to get daily food or business.... then why should Ijaws leave the oil business and travel?

how did you count bayelsa and delta population?

Ijaws largest blocks are rivers bayelsa and delta... then Ijaws are edo ondo akwa ibom...

what did you even used to count the exact populations of nigeria?

who can travel into sea and creeks to count all Ijaws?
Ijaws are more than 20million
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:08pm On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
they are the most populous in SS region, though I think Fulani is the fourth most populous then TIV, then Kanuri followed by Ijaw.

By the way, which one is portrait court? If u meant portharcourt then u should know that its very difficult to group and know people by their individual tribes her in PH, as we hardly identify ourselves by our different tribe, that's why we always have problem with Igbos on NL cos they don't understand that here we prefer a common identity
wrong...totally wrong... what males you think fulanis or kanuris are more than Ijaws?

you some ignorant eastern Ijaws always judge the Ijaws with your eastern look.... am tired of some of you rivers Ijaws... do you know the population of we western Ijaws that dominate delta state and still found much in edo and ondo?
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by richmond500: 5:11pm On Jul 15, 2021
Captain8:
wrong...totally wrong... what males you think fulanis or kanuris are more than Ijaws?

you some ignorant eastern Ijaws always judge the Ijaws with your eastern look.... am tired of some of you rivers Ijaws... do you know the population of we western Ijaws that dominate delta state and still found much in edo and ondo?
Moreover I schooled in Bayelsa, had my childhood is Rivers, therefore I am very much aware of how populated ijaw is
I am not ready to argue on this but I know Kanuri and Tiv are very much in Nigeria, even if ijaw is more, it won't be a large difference
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2021
mancoconut:

How many states are Kanuri's indigenous to? I think Ijaws have a slight edge over Ibibios for 4th, but the Ibibios might as well have a good argument for been the 4th largest ethnic group in Nigeria cause Ijaws are a very tiny minority in Rivers, Delta, and Ondo states.
what are you talking?
Ijaws are 60% in rivers state.....and 35% in delta state...
Ijaws are only tiny in edo ondo akwa ibom...
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
Eastlink:
There are no Ijaws in Rivers state. Anybody claiming Ijaw in Rivers is a Bayelsa migrant. All Ijaws moved to Bayelsa in 1996.
shake your head to be sure if there is still something in it
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:18pm On Jul 15, 2021
malcom1X:

Ijaws don't even leave their state due to oil money, how then are they the largest?
That guy doesn't even know what he's saying.
if leaving state is what males a tribe to be populos, then let give fulani the largest tribe...
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by richmond500: 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2021
Captain8:
mumu what males one to travel is to get daily food or business.... then why should Ijaws leave the oil business and travel?

how did you count bayelsa and delta population?

Ijaws largest blocks are rivers bayelsa and delta... then Ijaws are edo ondo akwa ibom...

what did you even used to count the exact populations of nigeria?

who can travel into sea and creeks to count all Ijaws?
Ijaws are more than 20million
we are not more than 20million, stop saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by richmond500: 5:20pm On Jul 15, 2021
Captain8:
what are you talking?
Ijaws are 60% in rivers state.....and 35% in delta state...
Ijaws are only tiny in edo ondo akwa ibom...
no deh disgrace urself na.

I am Rivers state and we aren't 60%, we are second most populous after Ikwerre, we can't be 60% and still be second most populous
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by Captain8(m): 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
richmond500:
no deh disgrace urself na.

I am Rivers state and we aren't 60%, we are second most populous after Ikwerre, we can't be 60% and still maintain second most populous
it like you have lost your senses....
how can ikwere that can only compete with singular clan of rivers Ijaw be over populated Ijaws of rivers?
abeg where is phijo.? phijo abeg come tell me where this una lost brother come from
Re: Ibibios May Be The 4th Largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria by richmond500: 5:25pm On Jul 15, 2021
KristaPretty:
I've never met an Ibibio person in my entire existence.
u may not know,

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

So, Most African Americans Are Of Yoruba Descent ? / Which Day Of The Week Did You Hate As A Kid / Why Do Nigerian Guys Like To Gossip?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.