Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,906 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) (51180 Views)

BREAKING: Reports Of Riots Inside One Of Moscow's Prisons / Hundreds Of Ethiopian Men Volunteer To Fight For Russia In Ukraine / Anti-Lockdown Riots Erupt In Belgium As Protests Sweep Across Europe (Pix, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by fuckpro: 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Yep, 37 and one foot in the grave grin It's a great age, lots of confidence.

I wasnt a fan of Tshepo Tshola's music. Just grew up with it.

Anyway, the mood in the country is better today hey? I went to the mall today for the first time and was surprised I could only withdraw a maximum limit of R250 shocked shocked I was even in queues all day long today. Are u also seeing this?
I just have to congratulate south Africans for their annual looting spectacle
It was really a show
Hope next year would be bigger and better planned ...maybe some street carnival

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by planetx: 9:53pm On Jul 16, 2021
I heard the only store not looted in a mall was a bookstore every other store was cleaned out.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 16, 2021
samtol4:
It is not hyping , South Africa is ahead of Nigeria in all aspects of life . No cities in Nigeria can stand with SA in terms of opportunities and development. We have a failed government in Nigeria , while SA has strong democratic institutions. South Africa has her problems also but please don't compare Nigeria with South Africa.
you are southy abi?

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
fuckpro:

I just have to congratulate south Africans for their annual looting spectacle
It was really a show
Hope next year own would be bigger and better planed ...maybe some street carnival

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jul 16, 2021
Broveens42:
Even with the dirt, south Africa is still finer than Nigeria grin
Another southy spotted.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by ImpactCrater: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
TMKsouth:

Oh yeah - SA flag... #CleanupSA #RebuildSA

Check how this thread won't be popular. They wanna keep believing people are ready to eat each other in SA. Have u seen the frontpage? undecided undecided
South Africa is not our friend.
they maim and loot Nigerians at every opportunity.
we don't care.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Fortez: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Oh
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
Aksnoopy:
If not stated in the insurance policy terms and conditions, they will pay. Theft is same as looting, fire incidence is the same as destruction.

That is not true. Fire incidence isn't destruction and looting isnt theft in insurance term.

Theft, looting, destruction by what?, fire incidents has its own individual policy,
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by srrrr(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2021
Volkswagen90:
the guy is saying the truth,south Africa is beautiful,our ancestors chase those oyinbo because what they will gain now look us,me i like beautiful environment o,las las na uk i go go settle.
Our ancestors didn't chase anybody away. UK granted us fake independence. No country will grant it's colony independence, you have to fight for it. That's why UK still controls Nigerian government indirectly, same everywhere in Africa.
Africa's problem is cultural. Every informed person knows that a nation can only flourish if it has a major common identity. As long as there are multiple identities, politicians will always look for a way to exploit it for their selfish gain.
Nigeria is weak because we have 400 tribes with 3 majority tribes, 2 major religions. That is nothing to be proud of. Almost all prosperous nations have 1 major ethnic group and 1 major religion. This minimises identity politics. Politicians will always look for a way to manipulate the system.
Our problem is not our leaders, because all governments are the same. Exchange Nigerian leaders with US leaders and vice versa, US will still remain the same, but Nigeria won't change because we have a docile, uninformed population, where most people care only about their personal interest.
I don't think breaking Nigeria will solve anything, or do you want to break it into 400 nations. Even inside a tribe, people still hate one another. Most races have gone through all these before. Europe had hundreds /thousands of tribes before they started merging to form States. It's just that Africans haven't evolved or aren't planning to evolve anytime soon. Only a cultural revolution can solve our problems (If handled by the right people). Well I don't see that happening anytime soon, but the sooner it happens the better for the black race.

5 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by witworth(m): 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2021
See as country still fine even as Dem scatter everywhere like this, ayelala don kill Nigeria.
South africans no just know the importance of their development far more than so called Highest economy and self acclaimed african giant useless nation called Nigeria.
South africans are either just being very ungrateful set of africans or na overjoy dey kill them. Lazy people.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by OChimex: 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
srrrr:

Remember that you're black too. If you call blacks fools, then you're also referring to yourself as a fool. Most Nigerians condemn other people apart from themselves, and they feel they know more than others and are quick to condemn other people, but they know almost nothing. Only idiots behave this way, that's why Nigeria is one of the biggest idiocracy in the world.

Just listen to yourself, do you have a working brain? You ended up doing what you accused others of doing...

You ended up correcting me using the same language... you accused one of....

Read the write-up I have again, take away sentiments, and see why no sensible human will do what those south Africans are doing to the country they live in and claim they love. Total destruction. ....

Only animals will cause such destruction to their country....

To be honest, your reasoning is so poor if you don't see anything bad and condemable with this destruction, instead you saw bad in my choice of words, leaving off the egregious acts of the foolish South Africans.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2021
arantess:
who go clean their mess before?

Each city has cleaners. Joburg has Pikitup.

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:01pm On Jul 16, 2021
weyreypey:

This is Berea mall by DUT.

Is this u? grin

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:03pm On Jul 16, 2021
MarxMike:
If the OP is South African.. Allow me to ask, no vex oh.. But WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE IN A NIGERIAN FORUM? You do not see me poking around SA Forums do you? God, we can't even insult ourselves in peace again...

Remind me again - how many Nigerians are in SA? undecided

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by lanocfoods: 11:04pm On Jul 16, 2021
Na Dem loot na Dem still come out come clean
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:07pm On Jul 16, 2021
weyreypey:

Thanks for the update. It's very soothing. It was so terrible seeing the level of so much damage in the media......

Are u freshly new in SA? Must have been terrifying if u are. For the rest of us it didn't come as much of a surprise - violent protests over service delivery are a norm here but this shook us all, it was on another level altogether. KZN was even worse - I'm in Gauteng.

3 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:10pm On Jul 16, 2021
Adakintroy:
South Africa declined after Mandela. He was or is the one thing being looked upon when it comes to South Africa. The reason south Africa name has or is still appealing as good.

Thabo Mbeki was far better than Mandela in economic management - reached growth levels of 5-6%. Mandela's role was mostly reconcilation. You're not aware of the nuances.

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by hismail55(m): 11:11pm On Jul 16, 2021
See looters disguise as cleaners..their action be like, we are done let clean up so you can gather more for us to loot in future

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:13pm On Jul 16, 2021
justscorchone:
If dem no clean am, who wan clean am?

All the cities have workers who clean everyday.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:19pm On Jul 16, 2021
slimmoney:
riot abi looting?

You only focus on looting but there was an agenda to render the country ungovernable. They blocked roads and other economic routes, torched commercial trucks, burned down businesses amongst others.

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:33pm On Jul 16, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Who told you insurance will pay for all the destruction, if their policies does not cover destruction and looting, no pay for them.

Even south african national tv said that when doing their commentaries about the riot

There's a major insurer who covers costs for political violence and it's gonna pay out billions. A lot of medium to big business have this cover because violent protests are common in SA over service delivery - it's the small guys who might not have cover.

The president mentioned today that government will assist them.

cc AroleOduduwa2 Aksnoopy

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:40pm On Jul 16, 2021
lexy2014:

Dude, where u been? Seems u took a break

I've been around. Dropped many threads in the past week - check them out. But also glued to the screen watching the looting horror movie unfold on TV.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2021
jawalis:
Truth be told. South Africa is a beautiful place. If the pictures up here are true. I think I like the cities. TMKSouth. God bless you for joining in the cleaning. And I must comment the brace act from you guys. Our fall is never the end. Situations like this happen all around the world. But you guys were so quick to move on. God bless South Africa
God bless my nation Nigeria.

I love your snickers TMKSouth.

Thank u very much for your kind words, I really appreciate them at a time of sadness and vulnerability in SA. Comments like yours have been very few on Nairaland over the past week - Nigerians really hated on black South Africans and rejoiced over the unrest.

Lol, the guy in the picture is a local celeb, Prince Kaybee - he's a DJ. I was just fooling around with that guy - he's an enemy of mine here on Nairaland and his comment was actually mocking me. Sorry, didn't mean to deceive everyone.

Good bless all of Africa indeed. cool

cc mysticwarrior (my nemisis)
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:04am On Jul 17, 2021
descarado:

How will people recover their looted properties?
Will govt foot the bill?

Those who have riot insurance will be fine. Others T&C's will apply. And tonight the President promised assistance to all other businesses.

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by Orpe7(m): 12:07am On Jul 17, 2021
After they looted everything
Fvcking animals
Na dem go still suffer am
Shebi na when work dey dem go fit go office
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:09am On Jul 17, 2021
ololo12:
I also volunteered to go clean up. We will rebuild back our country and home. We will heal and bounce back stronger. God bless South Africa!! This is now my home, I got stakes here. And will not allow nobody destroy it.

Amandla! cool
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by qanda: 12:16am On Jul 17, 2021
MarxMike:
If the OP is South African.. Allow me to ask, no vex oh.. But WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE IN A NIGERIAN FORUM? You do not see me poking around SA Forums do you? God, we can't even insult ourselves in peace again...
Is this an innocent question or mischievous one?

Who told you Nairaland forum is for Nigerians only? I am certain that the founder of Nairaland is happy that the forum has an African Outlook.

The childish question you asked is akin to an American asking you on Twitter why you are using a social network owned by an American.

I am Nigerian and I find your question out of place. I will assume you were trying to be funny, but it isn't funny.

4 Likes

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:18am On Jul 17, 2021
Volkswagen90:
hey southy i want to ask you guys,is there always cold there because you people always wear hoodies or sweater,why?

Lol grin, it's currently winter - June, July, August. But most evenings get a chill throughout the year - you should always carry a light jersey.

We experience all the 4 seasons of the year. Best time to visit is spring and summer time (September to end of February).
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:36am On Jul 17, 2021
1manuel:

Lmao TMKsouth, don't beat yourself up cause of some online trollers some people don't just have sense.....

I've been more disappointed with the moderators this week than the trolls. They pushed every kind of ridiculous story to the frontpage. There was a lot of rejoicing in Nigeria, no doubt. When u had EndSars we were so sympathetic.

But we move. Thanx for hollering cool

1 Like

Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by TMKsouth: 12:39am On Jul 17, 2021
planetx:
I heard the only store not looted in a mall was a bookstore every other store was cleaned out.

That was just a popular meme, just for laughs.
Re: South Africans Volunteer To Clean Cities After A Week Of Riots (Pictures) by themanderon: 12:50am On Jul 17, 2021
You loot peoples malls and went ahead to burn it. If that is not wickedness I don't know what it is. The thing is the government has got to do something drastic about the poverty situation in those provinces if not this is going to reoccur again and again and again. If its not xenophobia it will be issues like this. It seems those guys are waiting for any available opportunity to unleash their venom on the rich. Seems negroes all have the same genetic trait of destruction anywhere you find them on earth.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

David Cameron Resigns As Prime Minister After Britain Votes To Leave EU / Hillary Clinton Calls Trump To Concede Election Defeat / Secret Service Shares Rare Images How They Transport The President's Motorcade.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.